• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
Also Maus, make him use DK, for a nigga bro :p
My friend Elliot mains DK. his DK almost 4 stocked my samus ;_;
even with my sheik.
i hate his DK.

and SleepyK 'can' use DK, but not as good as other characters he uses.
but he and i were such a good team, just like us. =P

joonz we were all asleep
excuses excuses =P
the early bird catches the worm.

So do we. Oh, and there's still the 1v1 vids to come!
hehe, but.. IF i am in purdue, I wouldn't enter tournament much.
once in a while, maybe.

you would get to play me, pretty much only in friendlies.

since i always lose my money at the tournament, i refuse to enter.
only when, carl and I do well and get money i entered singles.
(after we formed 'pretty princesses who press down b when scared' we didn't lose but before that, we lost, because i was even worse than now.)

That is BECAUSE i have earned the extra money to spend.
but if I don't make any benefits or if i lose in teams, i don't enter singles.

Anthony hated me about it, but my money is my money. it is important.

there was only one time i got money. i got 3rd, because Draco poped up from no where and beat the crap out of me. (3-0ed)
and i got $6. a single profit.

and the other tourney... i might have got to 3rd,
but Matt showed up and beat the crap out of me. (2-1, 3-1 or something like that)

after that... i stood no chance.
and for Maus edtion during fall break

you 3 stocked and 4 stocked me. (2-0)

so..... that's what always happen to me. O.o

oh well.... I will expect some good shiits in 1vs1 videos coming up.

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
ok, so the resnet nazis don't want me to upload any more today, but I'll try to get the singles matches up as soon as I can.

Mr H

Smash Ace
good matches this weekend im glad somebody recorded them lol

Ckit when is the next tourney? so i can get taht weekend off

DracoFox

Smash Ace
even with my sheik.
i hate his DK.

excuses excuses =P

once in a while, maybe.

(after we formed 'pretty princesses who press down b when scared' we didn't lose but before that, we lost, because i was even worse than now.)

there was only one time i got money. i got 3rd, because Draco poped up from no where and beat the crap out of me. (3-0ed)

but Matt showed up and beat the crap out of me. (2-1, 3-1 or something like that)

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Seriously, don't mention about why you don't show up to tournaments. Its not just you that is complaining about. I'm so f'n sick of hearing it. If you're gonna say it, don't say it on the thread. No "Joonz."

Say if M2K were to show up, granted I wouldn't win against him, I'd still pay to play. Even Carl and Kirk would pay too. I don't even care if I had to pay $20 bucks just to play. I paid a hell of a lot more money just to go play at MLG Chicago 2006. $20 for the tournament, and $100+ for staying at the hotel, food, AND gas money.

And about me beating you. So what? You've improved, I don't want to hear it.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
Seriously, don't mention about why you don't show up to tournaments. Its not just you that is complaining about. I'm so f'n sick of hearing it. If you're gonna say it, don't say it on the thread. No "Joonz."

Say if M2K were to show up, granted I wouldn't win against him, I'd still pay to play. Even Carl and Kirk would pay too. I don't even care if I had to pay $20 bucks just to play. I paid a hell of a lot more money just to go play at MLG Chicago 2006. $20 for the tournament, and $100+ for staying at the hotel, food, AND gas money.

You are not me, I am not you.
It is just a difference in a sense of values.
I play the same way in the tourney or in friendlies. as long as i have fun, that is all.
no extra money is ACTUALLY needed.
There ARE people who will play me without money.

If you always insist your opinion and never try to understand others' opinions,
you would never get to communicate with others properly.

and you know what?

i spent over 300 dollars visiting purdue, during the fall break. maybe nearly 400.
plane ticket: 260
Lafayette Limo: 50
Food: i don't know man. but i am sure i spent more than i should have spent.
and of course, Transportations in GA. I saved as much as possible (i walked long distances with all my luggages.) and i still spent 10 ish.

learn to respect.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
SSBO XXII Results; SSBO XXIII ($5/player) Scheduled for November 22

Doubles Final Results: 5 teams total
1: ¡Joonz! (Kirkq + Burito) ($40.00)
2: Mexarabians (Goose + 'Fro) ($10.00)

3: ¡Poonz! (Microwave + KSO)
4: Jay & Rod (Jay + Rod)

Doubles Pools Results

1: Mexarabians (Goose + 'Fro)
2:¡ Joonz! (Kirkq + Burito)
5: Team 4 (Tom + Eric)

Singles Final Results: 16 players total
1: Goosefactor ($48.00)
2: DracoFox ($24.00)
3: 'Fro ($8.00)

4: HIPY
5: Bun^2
5: KSO
7: TJ
7: et
9: MADH
9: Dex
9: Ac_burito
9: iamthemicrowave
13: Anub
13: DETH
13: CNN
13: LD

Singles Pools Results
1: DracoFox
1: Goosefactor
1: 'Fro
1: Ac_burito
5: HIPY
5: TJ
5: iamthemicrowave
9: Bun^2
9: CNN
13: et

There you have it, gentlemen.

Massive props to Dex for coming through with the recording equipment. Draco mentioned possibly bringing his as well so that we can expedite the recording process, but I believe that I got most of the noteworthy match-ups recorded.

As well, SSBO XXIII is set for November 22; entry fee is $10 per team and $5 for singles entry.

Another date to mark on your calendars is December 6, the tentative date of the $10 entry tournament. Look for a separate thread on this in the coming days.

Either I or Alan will edit the first post with links to the vids from this tournament. I hope that all participants enjoyed themselves, and I will see you all at SSBO XXIII.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
I play the same way in the tourney or in friendlies. as long as i have fun, that is all.

and you know what?

i spent over 300 dollars visiting purdue, during the fall break. maybe nearly 400.
and of course, Transportations in GA. I saved as much as possible (i walked long distances with all my luggages.) and i still spent 10 ish.

learn to respect.
What is there to respect? Its to understand one another, I know where you're coming from. Its just the same johns as a lot of other people put.

And the whole money spending thing was just an example. Maybe I'll make it clear next time that it is one.

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman

Doubles Pools Results

Singles Pools Results

Massive props to Dex for coming through with the recording equipment. Draco mentioned possibly bringing his as well so that we can expedite the recording process, but I believe that I got most of the noteworthy match-ups recorded.

As well, SSBO XXIII is set for November 22; entry fee is $10 per team and $5 for singles entry.

Another date to mark on your calendars is December 6, the tentative date of the $10 entry tournament. Look for a separate thread on this in the coming days.

Either I or Alan will edit the first post with links to the vids from this tournament. I hope that all participants enjoyed themselves, and I will see you all at SSBO XXIII.

i think you should make a note to let people know that i had to withdraw from the tourney cuz we all know that i wouldve torn through the losers bracket to come back and beat goose to a bloody pulp...JK JK JK!!! :psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho:

but seriously good games to all this weekend and i wish i couldve stayed but i had to go i hope yall understand.

and once again props to dex for recording all of this stuffs

kirkq

Smash Ace
even with my sheik.
i hate his DK.

hey everyone this is dustins (japn) little brother, i play with dylan, im just posting here so i can get to know everyone, so maybe sometime i can come down with dylan.
We do appreciate your Interests in SSBO.

I am being a fake TO. =P

You are too slow, Anthony and Alan .

joonz we were all asleep

also, *fix'd

excuses excuses =P

i watched some of them.

So I put up the teams matches from today. Here's a link to the first one. You can find the rest from my profile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVQP6GuLgqE

Let me know if i spelled anyone's name wrong or generally screwed anything else up. Singles matches are probably coming sometime tomorrow. Thanks for the great tournament, guys.

-DEX
hey man thanks for all the recording you did this weekend. i know its a hassle and what not to set up and post them and all but it is much appreciated

oh ya triple post...get over it
i wish i were there again...

Hell yeaz. hi-five!
So do we. Oh, and there's still the 1v1 vids to come!

Also, Dex, Awesome stuff with the recording set up sir!
once in a while, maybe.

and you know what?

learn to respect.
What is there to respect? Its to understand one another, I know where you're coming from. Its just the same johns as a lot of other people put.

And the whole money spending thing was just an example. Maybe I'll make it clear next time that it is one.

Doubles Pools Results

Singles Pools Results

i think you should make a note to let people know that i had to withdraw from the tourney cuz we all know that i wouldve torn through the losers bracket to come back and beat goose to a bloody pulp...JK JK JK!!! :psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho:

but seriously good games to all this weekend and i wish i couldve stayed but i had to go i hope yall understand.

and once again props to dex for recording all of this stuffs
Common Forum Courtesy Part 1:

Trim quotes to information necessary to your post.

Mr H

Smash Ace

Lavos

Smash Journeyman
Carl is drunk right now and it's really annoying...

For some reason he decided Sunday night was an awesome time to drink, especially before he did his homework.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Well, someone has to start these SHOUTOUTS:

Goose: Sorry we couldn't go all the way in teams, man. I enjoyed the one-off experience. GGs in singles, and good observation skills as far as my match-ups go. Also, do be careful next time you buya drink, will ya? And never, EVER, let one rip when I'm anywhere in the vicinity again.

Vro: It was so good to see you again! Your Fox has usurped your Falco. Hopefully next time you'll make it in time for the tourney.... I'm also looking forward to hearing more about your adventures in college!

Alan: Dude, we finally played each other! GGs overall as usual! Also, make sure to power-wash the shorts you gave Goose. If his gas is any indication, you've got a huge problem to deal with.

Draco: I'm glad people finally got to see the epicness that is Draco Fox vs. 'Fro. I'm happy to have been part of another set of epic battles against you. Hope everything goes OK for you, man.

George: *******.... GEORGE! Do NOT get eliminated before I play you again! My SSBO experience needs the customary "Stupid Samus..." remarks, as well as all the random **** you say.

Carl: I do pray you somehow got that Homework done....But thanks for the ultra-entertaining experience when you showed up at the frat!

Bryan: Congrats on the teams win, sir! Don't underestimate your role in that, as Kirk already told you!

Kirk: ....Thank you for showing everyone the value of Jigglypuff against me. Now I might have to actually branch out to different characters....UGH....Too much effort...Also, hope your exams go well this week.

DEX: Good stuff bringing the recording set up! Your contribution to this week was immense!

Hipy: Again Goose comes as the obstacle to us playing each other in tourney! You unfortunate *******.

Bunbun: Samus + Kirby = total destruction against double Falcons. **** YEAH DUDE! Also, props to you for being an Arsenal supporter, and for being able to go out in the cold in short sleeves the way you do.

Kitsune: Thanks for the early practice and for keeping the experience as smooth as usual...overlooking that we never got to Don Pablo's. Also, Goose owns the gas crown now. You have been exempt.

Anub: Your monitor could've been so kickass without the lag...Good stuf with the Marth!

The newcomers: Thank you for taking the time to show up! I hope to see as many of you guys as possible in the upcoming tourneys! GGs to the people I played (TJ, ET, NADH, LD,CNN, Deth...****, too many names to remember at once! Sorry if I missed anyone!)

I can't wait for next time! Hopefully by then I'll be over the pink mountain.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I got my homework for my 7:30 done and ***** the quiz in that same class.

I should drink before 7:30s more often.

edit:

Ok, seriously. You guys have to watch this video, please. It's literally the best smash video I've seen, mad props to ycz13 for putting it together and even thinking of the idea for this vid.

It's too good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twqSNmMYjRc

BunBun

Smash Master
I would have entered singles, knocked you out of winner's, lost the match two matches later, and knocked you out of losers.
Andrew, you should see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GRBDAtNNZk

I got my homework for my 7:30 done and ***** the quiz in that same class.

I should drink before 7:30s more often.

edit:

Ok, seriously. You guys have to watch this video, please. It's literally the best smash video I've seen, mad props to ycz13 for putting it together and even thinking of the idea for this vid.

It's too good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twqSNmMYjRc

Sick. I loved the puff at 2:37 XD

j00t

Smash Champion
Sup DracoFox, just visiting from the Alabama thread. I see you're kicking butt :p

Why'd you have to leave us! :(

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Sup DracoFox, just visiting from the Alabama thread. I see you're kicking butt :p

Why'd you have to leave us! :(
Good to hear from you. I honestly would of stayed if I would of gotten a job while out there, but I had to make things turn around fast for me. So ultimately, I got a ride back to here, and was able to turn things around. I have more to tell, but I guess I'd better keep it set for the Alabama thread. And thank you as well JWT. :)

Mr H

Smash Ace

NJzFinest

Smash Hero

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Shouties

I'll start with the poonlets to get them outta the way.

Rodney: You didn't F'n come, you nub.

Voorheese: F'n Voorheese. This is strike two. Don't ask what happens when you get to strike three.

Jay: Eh, you had a better excuse, I guess.

Fro':
Goose: And never, EVER, let one rip when I'm anywhere in the vicinity again.
Dud, it wasn't my fault. It was the Philly cheese steak pita's. I guess my stomach doesn't mesh too well with sauteed onions.... :p Also, good teaming with you this weekend. And you better put that Sheik away cause I don't wanna have to mess with that ***** anymore than I have to!

Adam: Good **** in our singles matches. The falcon punch....not a fan of that. And dud, those pancakes were hardcore.

Vro: Do you even check this thread anymore? Anyway, it was awesome seeing you again. And I'm lovin' how you've taken an interest in Ultimate Stratego. We ARE playing it the next time you come here (which will be in two weeks in case you forgot). And your F'n Marth and Fox....

Anything: So how was your breakfast of champions this morning? Nothing like a nice bowl of two heavy burritos to get the day going, eh? :p Thanks for the sparring session this weekend. Those always help me out alot. And omFg, IHOP.... Heh, and you realize that a simple drive to McDonald's Sunday morning ended up with us driving aimlessly through a parking garage and then onto a freakin' brick road a la The Wizard of Oz, don't you?

Bryan: Good job in teamzies. You and Kirk = 22222good. Hopefully you'll be hanging out the whole weekend next time?

Kirk: Again, good job in teams. Heh, I'd do the, "It's MIIIINE!" quote, but it's just not the same typed. But then again, I DID just do the quote, so whatev. Hopefully those tests of yours don't completely **** you this week.

Alan: Heh, thanks for the backup clothes. Last night was just ridiculous. I enjoyed the set we had in singles. Tell HP not to be so greedy, and to save me some next time. And I must say, those VA tech guys were excellent guests. Your frat should invite them over more often.

George: Congrats on having the best quote of the weekend. Why is it that I always seem to laugh when I watch you play Melee? It's just something about your style and your remarks that crack my **** up. We will team eventually. Also, next time, you are letting me try your volcano taco or whatever it was called.

Andrew: Tell roommate I said hi. And hauling the T.V. back to your room on the garbage can was pure brilliance (and laziness). Good job chucking a packet of salt at the lady behind me. Oh, and don't underestimate the Troubadour in EO 2. I can't lie, I was scared with our Marth ditto.... Also, two inches of tongue. I don't need to elaborate.

Carl: We had some good friendlies. Like I mentioned to Anything, I feel I learn alot playing you guys. You last night=omFFFFFFFFFFg. You do realize that you essentially ***** me on Alan's bed, and that you also wrote on my leg.... I just wanted to make sure you were aware of that. lol

TJTJ: I'm not too sure if you even check this thread anymore, but I had an awesome time playing you in the tourney and playing friendlies with you. You're a pretty cool guy, dude.

And shoutouts to all the other regulars-in-training (hereafter, RIT's) that have been consistently attending these last few tournaments. They have all been much more enjoyable with you guys there.

*Oh, and did anyone that was at Alan's frat last night accidentally take the wrong controller with them? I couldn't seem to find mine this morning when I left the frat....There was a controller there that had G.B. on it so perhaps, you, George, took mine on accident? Also, I have a black controller in my bag that is certainly not mine, and it doesn't have any initials.

**EDIT**
hey everyone im getting ready to put some of my matches on youtube so u can watch me own=)
Finally, my life will now be complete. Heh, Carl, your pic fits perfectly. I really LOL'd on that one.

Top Bottom