• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Mr H

Smash Ace
ya the new trailer sounds like the shit lol, maybe il be in town sometime so we can record lol

voorhese

Smash Master
hmmm trailer, i wonder if i'll get a gamebridge b4 then or not..... cuz that would help cuz i could use a flashdrive to transfer the matches i get recorded

voorhese

Smash Master
what should i look up? video game recording tool or something, were can i find one any kind as long as its pretty decent price

Mr H

Smash Ace
I've got a pinnacle. The only thing is that it was a hundred bucks.
ya they are nice
what should i look up? video game recording tool or something, were can i find one any kind as long as its pretty decent price
just get a dazzle they're cheap and have really good quality and comes with editing software i think they run between 40-100 dollars

also on a side note the new banner

" Grandmother! What big teeth you have"

voorhese

Smash Master
ya they are nice
just get a dazzle they're cheap and have really good quality and comes with editing software i think they run between 40-100 dollars

also on a side note the new banner

" Grandmother! What big teeth you have"

thx.........

_kSo_

Smash Master
I've got a pinnacle. The only thing is that it was a hundred bucks.
pinnacle is good - it's like pretty much top of the line. well worth 100 or so bucks

game bridge gets the job done...i bought it for $19.99, but now I think it is $70.

Dazzle is okay, I guess. In my experience, game bridge produces smoother recordings

_kSo_

Smash Master
do you want to know who that is?

your ma
maus I would be glad to put you in the trailer if you come down and record with us 0_o

but if you just sent match clips to me, I'll probably put you in there too. That way I can tag SleepyK, Mikey G and XiF in the video so people can be like "omgz ckit, sleepyK, mikey g, and xif" and watch it

*edit*

wow i'm a noob and double posted....no johns

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
Craig's ma is a pretty awesome Sheik.
can't even short hop, and fail to wave dash half of the time. ;_; how sad.

maus I would be glad to put you in the trailer if you come down and record with us 0_o

but if you just sent match clips to me, I'll probably put you in there too. That way I can tag SleepyK, Mikey G and XiF in the video so people can be like "omgz ckit, sleepyK, mikey g, and xif" and watch it
heh, i was just saying. i am not in Purdue, so.. eventhough i get excluded, i shall have no johns.
However, if i would be tagged, it would be awesome. =3

hmm, but, if i am to record, it would be next week.
SleepyK to forgot bring his recording set up this week... ;_;

so, next week. if i would be able record. +_ +

by the way,
Mike G isn't here though. i heard he came up once or twice, but that's all.
and i hope XIF also gets some time to play and record. O.o
he is too busy nowadays.

but yeah.. SleepyK, Tong, Elliot and Jeff are pretty good. =)

Sir_Kibble

Smash Cadet
ya they are nice
Da. We were at Best Buy the other day, trying to decide whether to get the pinnacle or the dazzle. Dazzle was still 90 someodd bucks though.

And we're having trouble with the recording quality on the pinnacle. It's giving us white noise sometimes.

kirkq

Smash Ace
I have a dazzle I can grab over Thanksgiving Break if you kids want to borrow it.

I need a partner for the next SSBO, same conditions apply +1

1: Do you regularly attend SSBO?
2: I forgot what this was.
3: Are you Andrew?
4: Do you post stupid ****?

Also, exam in 9 hours, just started studying. This week sucks.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Yeah, this week was pretty amazing, all things considered. /sarcasm

Anyway, my schedule is far more open from now on, really (except for working on my pharmacy applications, of course), so don't be surprised if I'm looking around for some Smash to play. :)

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Quaz, we have been averaging around 16 players for singles and something around 5 teams for doubles (Purdue doesn't seem to enjoy teams that much >_> ). On good days, we have pulled in at least 20, but if I were to have to give you an estimate, I would say around 16-20 players for singles can be expected overall (teams, as I've said, is a different story).

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Why 20 people? Just come on by and have some fun. ^-^
Because he's in WI
I'm openingly admitting that I'm gay.

The only reasons why I come to these tournaments is for one thing.... Kirk.

I'm deeply in love with Kirk and I thought that by getting involved with this smash community, I'd get closer and closer to him.

I'm begining to realize that Kirk feels the same about me, so expect us to be "teaming" alot more often <3
Gross

CANCEL THAT I'M GAYY!!!

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
Dex - it would help me a lot if you could get me those matches that you recorded at the last tournament (thanks for doing that, btw).

Ok, but I get to be in the vid ;)

But seriously, I can get them to you pretty much anytime (and, in fact, would like to, as I need to clear up the disk space). I don't have filefront, and even if I did, putting all that stuff up there would take forever given the 5 gig/day limit. Probably easiest would be to meet up sometime and transfer. I'm basically free Friday after 4:30, Saturday until 7:00 and all Sunday if you want to do it sometime this weekend. Otherwise, I'll be at the next SSBO and we can do it then.

-DEX

_kSo_

Smash Master
How many people usually come to these things? I could show up if there is like more than 20 people or something.
Quaz, if you want to show up for a big one, we are having a larger tournament (with $10 singles entry fee/$20 doubles) on Dec 6th if you are interested

We already have have confirmation from players like Big C, Tink, BIGY, and RaynEX

Link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=204457

Quaz

Smash Master
lol I thought I'd randomly stop by this one because I seem to have this day off for work. I dont get saturdays off too often. I oculd stil ltry to make dec 6th though I just cant promise it.

I still might come to this one anyways. Is Kirk Q gonna be there? I haven't played hm in forever and I always like playing people I played way back at FC3, lool.

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
Oh, and since there seems to be some discussion here about capture devices, I have a KWorld Xpert DVD Maker USB 2.0 Video Capture Device. It set me back about $50, and it came with its own software. Probably not the best software, but still. The quality's pretty good (especially considering what youtube does to most vids anyway), and it runs pretty smooth. If you're interested in getting one of your own, I got mine at

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...2720&CMP=EMC-TIGEREMAIL&SRCCODE=WEBLET03ORDER

BunBun

Smash Master
Ok, but I get to be in the vid ;)

But seriously, I can get them to you pretty much anytime (and, in fact, would like to, as I need to clear up the disk space). I don't have filefront, and even if I did, putting all that stuff up there would take forever given the 5 gig/day limit. Probably easiest would be to meet up sometime and transfer. I'm basically free Friday after 4:30, Saturday until 7:00 and all Sunday if you want to do it sometime this weekend. Otherwise, I'll be at the next SSBO and we can do it then.

-DEX
Oh hi, what's DC++???

_kSo_

Smash Master
Kirkq the second one was "do you kill your teammate often?"

also, quaz:
kirkq should be there..if not he lives on campus so we can go bother him..

also, I hope you remember playing me and Vro in teams at SCSYN I.

Edit:

For anyone who is interested, 99% of the brothers in the house are leaving this afternoon (or have already left) for walkout, and will not be returning until tomorrow or Sunday. I will take this opportunity to organize a smashfest at my place today, Friday November 14th starting whenever the hell you guys feel like it. We can even have up to 3 setups kuz PC is gone and he has a TV in his room. So bring a GC and we'll be able to have a few setups, even enough for a mini tournament. So just gimme a call; I would hope to start the smashing before sundown and continue until the sun rises like every other weekend.

Also, with the lack of people in the house, I have plenty of room for people to crash if they want to. Everyone I know from SSBO tournaments is invited and encouraged to come. Hope to see you all around 6pm.

laterz

kirkq

Smash Ace
DEX you should just compress the video instead of holding on to 5+ gigs of data. These videos go up on youtube which destroys the quality anyway. The videos I compress end up being about 2.5 megabytes per minute.

Quaz, I'd be glad to play you again, I don't get much of a chance to travel around the area during the school year unfortunately.

Lavos forgot to log off his account and NJz is on it apparently lolz.

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
DEX will put them on DC++. Look for them in the next few days.

Also...Noob question here...I want to come to the smashfest, but what frat do I go to?

And kirk, what program do you use to compress? I've tried that, but the results have been less than stellar (read: almost no reduction in disk space used)

kirkq

Smash Ace

'Fro

Smash Lord
Count me in for the Smash fest! That is, once I'm done running my club meeting/dinner.

Top Bottom