• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Mr H

Smash Ace
Cause the Wabash River separates West Lafayette and Lafayette. :glare:

Another Jewish thing that I don't quite understand about my home town. Just like North Cali, and South Cali. Along the lines of those, North and South Carolina. Just name one, "You" and the other, "Suck." I can understand that a lot better.
wat?
10wats

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Yo scallywags, me and Jason will be hosting Monday Night Fights tonight from like 7:30-12, so if you wanna come get destroyed in Smash, MvC3, or 3rd Strike, this is the place to be.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Yo scallywags, me and Jason will be hosting Monday Night Fights tonight from like 7:30-12, so if you wanna come get destroyed in Smash, MvC3, or 3rd Strike, this is the place to be.
First things first, Scallywags? Do you really want this guy showing up to your place?

Anyway, I think I can come and intend to.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
There was a guy that came in like 10 minutes ago that looked just like you, Andrew. No joke, rofl. I totally wanted to take a picture of him but figured it would've been kinda weird for the both of us. :/

voorhese

Smash Master
not impressed, nana always throws towards the edge of the stage if shes close, and falco could have meteor canceled.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
You just haven't practiced tech enough.
Of course you can grab turnaround ledgecancel.
It's all the rage with the falco's today.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
sept 3rd ehhhhhhhhhhhhh
AHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAAA

On a different note, SSBL IV: Low Tier Edition was a smashing success! Each player was allowed 2 low tiers (no repeated characters) and we played an 8 man Tournament Mode Bracket. Thanks for Corey and Jay for coming out. If another day would be better for other people let me know and we may reschedule these for a different night.

Results:
1. Lance (Roy)
2. Jason (Ness)
3. Jay (Young Link)
3. Jay (Pichu)
5. Corey (DK)
5. Corey (G&W)
5. Jason (Mewtwo)
5. Lance (Yoshi)

Videos of the tourny will be uploaded as soon as possible!

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Roy's our Boy!
... Though that Yoshi/Ness match was saddening to watch.
LOL... yea my yoshi is not what people would call, um, good.

So, Friday Night Johns: Drunk Secret of Mana Edition?????? (Drunk Super Metroid Edition is also acceptable)

Also, this pic remind me of a couple of our crew mates :p

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
oo thats me

id guess my current stick is at 25% and ive taken it on lots of adventures and still held onto it. i hope i can make it all the way to the bottom so i can win the award. what is the award btw?

G.L.

Smash Apprentice
me and another friend from southwest michigan plan on going to this. how many people go on average?

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
me and another friend from southwest michigan plan on going to this. how many people go on average?
Hey, dude, good to hear that you're interested. These are usually smaller on average, on the scale of 8-10 entrants for singles, although at times we have pulled on the order of 18-20. I very much expect this one to be on the smaller side. We would be more than happy to have you guys, though; our community is quite welcoming, if I do say so myself, and we have a wide spectrum of players and range of skills. I hope to see you on Saturday!

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Finalizations to PLR

While we're in the process of making semi-productive posts, 'Fro and I have finalized the remaining facets of the Purdue Ladder Rankings. Also, Friday Night Johns will be done at 'Fro and Fro, LLC, although we will be commencing said johns far earlier than the evening; I will be home and done with classes by 2:45 PM, so we can get things rolling pretty early. With that said, please see below for information about the PLR:

1) At the end of the semester's SSBO circuit (defined as 11:59 AM on the Sunday of the semester's final SSBO weekend), the top two PLR participants as ranked by their final point totals will be rewarded as follows (assuming an $80 final pot):

1st: 70% ($56)
2nd: 30% ($24)

2) Point system: This point system is subject to change at the end of each semester, should it be determined that an inadequacy exists. Note that all players' points will reset to 0 at the end of each semester's SSBO circuit.

a. 8-man bracket:
1st: 100
2nd: 70
3rd: 45
4th: 25
5th: 10
7th: 5

b. 16-man bracket:
1st: 200
2nd: 160
3rd: 125
4th: 100
5th: 60
7th: 30
9th: 15
13th: 5

3) Ranked players will receive the point total assigned to their final placing in the bracket, regardless of whether non-participants occupy positions above them.

4) Points are not awarded for performance in pools or if a player fails to advance into elimination bracket.

Top Bottom