• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

'Fro

Smash Lord
I main Reptile. Planning on picking up Cyrax. This game doesn't feel clunky to me because I've played 3D fighters. Also, I think blocking is hard. There are a lot of quick lows and overheads. The robots and Noob have some frame traps which are hard to avoid. My one gripe with the game is that breakers are almost always the go to option when it comes to using meter and x-rays are the only way to stop them. I'm glad they don't give damage though.

:phone:
I've also played 3-D fighters. I've played Tekken, Soul Calibur, and Virtua Fighter, the latter of the three against some players who frequented the Japanese arcade scene. I still feel clunkiness with this game's mechanics as a whole compared to those three. I don't think it's horrible, but it's got issues. I'm still enjoying it, thanks to Liu Kang probably being in his most fun incarnation to date.

I'll agree on breakers. Playing Liu, his EX's don't add anything more than damage, so there's no reason to burn meter on anything. Also, the game is HORRIBLE to set up for tourneys, especially on 360. If you unplug a controller, the next controller in defaults back to controller preset 1, so you need to change buttons in the option menu EVERY TIME. Terrible.

zephyrmace

Smash Journeyman
lol Same here Matt. I need a constant diddy reservoir too save my ***.

Also as I was typing this message at an ENAD computer lab, the lights turned off on meand I've been alone in the lab for quite some time... <.< ****ing Michael Myers is gunning for my @$$

Mr H

Smash Ace
im not to worried about the psn crap
i dont know if im going to enter my credit-card info again to the site tho lol

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Ok guys, I need to know what the plans are for coming down. I remember talking about how the following weekend (5/6) would be good to hang out for one last time before most everyone left for break, but let me know for sure so that I can work up my plans.

lol Same here Matt. I need a constant diddy reservoir too save my ***.
Haha, that you do, Josh. That you do....:woman:

'Fro

Smash Lord
I should be good, apart from the moving out process and finals on both Friday and Saturday. My Saturday final is Spanish, so no huge worries. Plus, Matt would tutor me through it anyways!

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I'll be helping my gf move out of her dorm on sat. maybe on sun? maybe? I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and once I get through, I will want to play some smash.

ORLY

Smash Master
Faithkeeper! I must mold you into a violent Falcon of the apocalypse.

Ladies come second.

:phone:

goosefactor

Smash Lord
May 6th... that's the weekend after finals right? Hmmm, other then some reports that need to be turned in by that saturday I'll be free
Well get all your reports done by Friday that way you'll be able to hang, duh!

That weekend is good. I mean...I have some finals, but those won't be taking up too much of my study time.
SOME!? Won't you just have that pesky Saturday one? And make sure all that studying gets done BEFORE we get down. We all know what happened last time. :rolleyes:

My Saturday final is Spanish, so no huge worries. Plus, Matt would tutor me through it anyways!

Remember the time Matt mentioned he had ALMOST walked into a women's restroom because he couldn't read the spanish on the door?

Yeah.
Fix'd, thank you very much.

I know it still doesn't make it right, but I gotta take whatever I can get.

So the current plan is for Anthony and me to show up Friday night at our usual time, and leave Monday morning because of his work johns. There is a chance that this Friday would be my last week of bowling, and if so, we could leave the following Friday right after I get done working. It just depends on how well we do tomorrow and whether we can lock a spot in next week's final roll-off for first place. But more than likely we will be bowling next week since our team is kinda a big deal...heh, I kid (well, for the shameless arrogance, not for the fact that we will no doubt be rolling some *****es :p). But if Hell does indeed freeze over, and we are knocked out, then I'll be sure to leave earlier.

zephyrmace

Smash Journeyman
I still can't understand how you're good at bowling Matt. It's like if I was a fast runner, it doesn't make sense. @_@ Believe me, I wish my reports were written 5 years ago but life's a *****.

Senior Design presentations tonight. Wish me luck! (or ill-fate on the others either way im good)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I once walked into the womens bathroom at a bar because they wrote some random words on the doors instead of Mens and Womens, like Treehouse and Maple. I just picked one, turned out to be the womans, walked out and as i did a group of hotsnobby *****es happened to walk in.

'Fro

Smash Lord
I still can't understand how you're good at bowling Matt. It's like if I was a fast runner, it doesn't make sense. @_@ Believe me, I wish my reports were written 5 years ago but life's a *****.

Senior Design presentations tonight. Wish me luck! (or ill-fate on the others either way im good)
Good luck, Josh!

Also, I didn't believe it either, but if you ever get to watch Matt bowl (and I mean really bowl, no house balls) then you're in for a treat!

lol I'd tap some kids in brawl with my Peach. Jay knows about my camping skills. XD Let's go to it Jay.
Don't speak to me. You already play that pony-loving scrub Taskmaster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfP60s0DHyw

What a terrible character....

Note: This video was posted in SRK's fighting game comedy thread, which I check every now and then.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Well, although they are over now, good luck!

I still can't understand how you're good at bowling Matt. It's like if I was a fast runner, it doesn't make sense. @_@
Lol, and why's that? It's not like you have to be big or anything, rofl. Do I really look that goofy to where I wouldn't even be good in something as gay as bowling? lol

And cut me some slack. It's like the only thing I'm decent at in life, lol. I suck at everything else. I used to think I was good at Smash, but that silly notion went down the crapper over the years, rofl.

Also, I didn't believe it either, but if you ever get to watch Matt bowl (and I mean really bowl, no house balls) then you're in for a treat!
Heh, thanks. :embarrass:

Also, I'm fully awake after a 4 hour nap, and need to work in like 5 hours. WTF do I do now?

zephyrmace

Smash Journeyman
Well goose I have this stigma in my head that most bowlers are fat guys from the Midwest and other very lonely area. And if i have to attach a sport to you it would probably be swimming but you gotta work on those back muscles

goosefactor

Smash Lord
SWIMMING!?!? The d***!? I would've expected you to have said like wrestling or cage fighting or somethin'.

And joonz? I got massive back muscles yo!

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
<3 Luke.

So get this. In my software engineering class, one of the groups made a 4chan image scraper that lets you search for images based on user defined tags. The group leader is a 4chan admin and said he will be implementing their project into the site soon. So keep your eyes peeled for that.

ps i ownd my presentation

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
its tonight in the basement of lawson. starts at 6 i think. dunno when the actual tournament starts. its actually the official end of the semester cs party with food and lots of activities. i think they are also having a halo and maybe CoD tournament?

Jayford

Smash Lord
its tonight in the basement of lawson. starts at 6 i think. dunno when the actual tournament starts. its actually the official end of the semester cs party with food and lots of activities. i think they are also having a halo and maybe CoD tournament?
Oh if it's the CS end of the year party I probably don't want to crash that lmao. Also, I'm down for doing stuff tonight if anyone is.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Nerdiest conversation between three grown men:

Anthony: "Dude, seriously, why is my spear's power so low?"

Alan: "I know, right? I mean what the ****? It's strength is two orb levels below everything else"

Me: "Oh wait! I just remembered that we're about to get not one but TWO spear orbs from Santa Claus!"

All of us: "Oh ya, that's right!" "Sweet!" "Awesome!"
I'm so glad we found this deeply buried post the other day.

Top Bottom