• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Moooose

Smash Champion
SWEET II is on the date of your next next SSBO, and it would be really cool if you all came and we could get a three-college kind of circuit going. obviously the distance is kind of far, but we had a pretty decent turnout at the first one, (33 players), so it would be worth the drive!

'Fro

Smash Lord
Glad to see all this interest in attending SSBO, boys. Will be looking forward to you being here!

On a side note, I now have a 40-inch HD TV, and I will be purchasing cables for the Wii to make it work correctly on there. With that done, we shall have an epic two-setup area soon to be called my room. Purdue locals, get hype!

Also, for all the people visiting, if you have any interest in Super Street Fighter IV, I shall host that as well. The game has never looked so good! However, I don't plan on bringing a set-up for that to the tourney, because it was too much hassle to set up in my room after the recent changes.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
On a side note, I now have a 40-inch HD TV, and I will be purchasing cables for the Wii to make it work correctly on there.
Sadly to say, the Wii really wasn't designed for HDTV. Yes, they did make the component cables for it, but I can hardly trust these cables since they're not truly HDMI. If these cables are to work for you, let me know.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Sadly to say, the Wii really wasn't designed for HDTV. Yes, they did make the component cables for it, but I can hardly trust these cables since they're not truly HDMI. If these cables are to work for you, let me know.
Does it at least make Melee play without lag? That would be enough for me.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Does it at least make Melee play without lag? That would be enough for me.
From what I've heard, good cables still lag about 1-2 frames. There really isn't anything you can do about it.
I'm with what Kirk said. This is why i have 3 standard TVs in my front room. The new Wii is going to be coming out. So maybe that will fix things up. If you want to get the HD cables to test them out. Then by all means do so. I'm just giving you input from my point of view, and as what I've heard from others that got the cables.

Next time Sveet, just link the comic. (^-^ )

'Fro

Smash Lord
I'm with what Kirk said. This is why i have 3 standard TVs in my front room. The new Wii is going to be coming out. So maybe that will fix things up. If you want to get the HD cables to test them out. Then by all means do so. I'm just giving you input from my point of view, and as what I've heard from others that got the cables.

Next time Sveet, just link the comic. (^-^ )
Ah....Well, that sucks. My room will have to be a Street Fighter's haven with an optional Smash set-up then. The old TV is currently hanging out in the corner with my fridge.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
i have an hdtv at my house with a wii and component cables, and it didnt seem to lag. kels and khepri smashed there and i asked them if they thought it lagged, and they said no. who knows

_kSo_

Smash Master
i have an hdtv at my house with a wii and component cables, and it didnt seem to lag. kels and khepri smashed there and i asked them if they thought it lagged, and they said no. who knows
I want to try this on like an IMAX projector....

i think it would be the most epic smash time EVER

BunBun

Smash Master
I want to try this on like an IMAX projector....

i think it would be the most epic smash time EVER
Dude I wonder if this could be done lol. We have an IMAX I used to work at. Imma talk to my old boss.

Using a multi-million dollar projection system to play Melée = awesome.

voorhese

Smash Master
jason, we need to put the midwest tech skill and that west coast tech skill on the same team next tourney ;)

scratch that ^...maybe next time?

Top Bottom