• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
deeznutz/dj guy do you work for mad mushroom pizza? i just ordered a pizza and the delivery guy sounded/kinda looked like you

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Any mad cute Peaches/Sheiks/Puffs/Foxes wanna team with a Falcon/Sheik ;D? I'm taking unscheduled hours at work to go to this ;P 95% confirmed, so long as I can get housing with Dart & crew.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Hmm....it matters. Are you going to put your heart and soul into rapin' *****ez? I'mma need an usmash for every grab I get, and at least 19 shine spikes per match, and 00ber tech skeelllll.

Ya digg?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
dart fronting like he's happy about getting dumped
:( feels bad man
cosmo i'll team with you if andale doesn't come
edit-so what's up with housing??

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Teams Results:
4. cocky nubs from purdue
It's a good thing he knows this about me--I constantly troll other threads making claims about how great I am at this game.

5. ****ing cunningkitsune who is apparently good but doesn't like entering singles + teammate
I stopped reading the team name when I got this far (although in retrospect, I should've just stopped the moment I read "originally posted by Darkatma" in George's post).

does anybody good want to team with a low tier?

goose? kirkq?
Heh, well, the thing you're missing here is that I'm not actually good. But at any rate, I'm pretty sure I promised Lanceinthepants that I would team with him a while back (Lance can you confirm this?), and 'Fro had already mentioned something to me too. So it doesn't really look like it'll work out this time. But thanks for the offer.

Sorry to hear that, Dart. :/

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
It's a good thing he knows this about me--I constantly troll other threads making claims about how great I am at this game.

I stopped reading the team name when I got this far (although in retrospect, I should've just stoppped the moment I read "originally posted by Darkatma" in George's post).

Heh, well, the thing you're missing here is that I'm not actually good. But at any rate, I'm pretty sure I promised Lanceinthepants that I would team with him a while back (Lance can you confirm this?), and 'Fro had already mentioned something to me too. So it doesn't really look like it'll work out this time. But thanks for the offer.

Sorry to hear that, Dart. :/
Yea we talked about teaming a couple ssbos ago. I know fro was talking about teaming with you tonight. It's not a huge deal team with who you want, but I wanna see a kirkq cosmo team.

kirkq

Smash Ace
does anybody good want to team with a low tier?

goose? kirkq?
Yeah, this is probably the worst list of good people I've ever seen. Also, Zelda is not actually low tier.

I can't promise I'll be playing at my best because I'll probably be stressing over the job fair that occurs a few days after this. It will probably affect my play somewhat. If you still want to team, I'm up for it though.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I usually don't get involved with this stuff, but...

i got some1 to take my shift on the 12th, so i will be there. hopefully i have atleast 1 other person from evansville with me, otherwise i will be sad bored panda on the trip up.

also its a 4 hour drive for me too, so no *****ing.
Show up on time, or I don't to hear your johnfest about you missing singles or doubles.
This is probably the start of the issue. Dracofox makes a joke, reneblade doesn't recognize it as a joke. It should have proceeded with reneblade saying that's not cool, and draco making a comment about how sarasim doesn't exist on the internet.

you're either a decent troll or a totally idiot.

either way, congrats.
I can understand getting defensive if you think you are getting attacked, but this is a bit severe. Point out what the problem you have is next time, don't just insult the man. Say "that was a jerk thing you said." draco: "my bad, i didn't mean it to sound like that."

Here draco tries to play it off like a joke while saving face, I forgot to quote it. It was probably misinterpreted again. It is easier for us to read draco's humor because we know him.

im just saying, that you got uppity with me and i didnt do anything to deserve it. you deserved to be called out for it. everybody whose played with know knows how relaxed i am, but if you get at me, i wont just sit and say nothing.
You finally point out that you felt attacked. "deserving to get called out" is a bit much imo because it assumes you are correct, but...

By Kit's post, you'll see what I had posted earlier wasn't out of trolling about the venue. So you assume me of trolling over something so little as to me telling you why there isn't a need to know of the directions, at the current time, to the venues is because of the venue issue. It is actually rude out of your end for what you started.

I will apologize to be the bigger man out of this even though I feel like I should not have to. Just next time don't take my posts too **** seriously, and pay attention what is being posted around.:)
Draco points out that his posts should not be taken to seriously and APOLOGIZES.
yeah, im the rude one.
This is where I think you should have accepted the apology and gone on with life.

Really, you two had a bit of a miscommunication, that is all. If all parties would drop it and preferable resume cordial relations, I would much appreciate it.

Have a good one. :)

darkatma

Smash Hero
goosefactor i hope you don't think i'm cocky and ignorant :p
if you do that's fine too

cosmo i'd team with you if i didnt already promise someone (IF stl pulls through anywhoo)
But i'd only wanna be team double zelda anyways haha

Nuonn

Smash Cadet
I need a teammate still if anyone is looking for a peach who is oddly enough mediocre at teams.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Yea we talked about teaming a couple ssbos ago. I know fro was talking about teaming with you tonight. It's not a huge deal team with who you want, but I wanna see a kirkq cosmo team.
Well it's your call. I'm leaving it up to you.

I can't promise I'll be playing at my best because I'll probably be stressing over the job fair that occurs a few days after this. It will probably affect my play somewhat.
OMG, Joooooooonz?

its kinda sad though, anthonys pulling a buu saga gohan.
Laid back and not as serious as he used to be?

GD it, I wanted to be the first to post on the 1000th page. :mad:

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
what kinda gohan is the buu saga one? I barely remember him, I remember when he went into the saiyaman phase if thats what you mean.
lil england:haha thanks yea, i want falco dittos =); btw, who do u second?

EDIT: i'm on page 375 now (100 posts per page)
btw, 80% on going to this.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
lol Matt, nobody is really ready for the secret weapon. *shhh*

ON THE FIRST STREET TOWERS VENUE

I met with somebody about using the activities room for the venue. He told me "I'd say yes if people were not coming from outside of the residence hall. I'll have to speak with *insert forgotten name here* about renting out the space. It'd cost $40-50."

I said "oh that's fine we can just charge a slight venue fee." (probably a bad move by me)
and he told me "you can do that because then you'd be making money off the event..." (Venue donations anyone? lol) He also made it pretty clear that I shouldn't look for it to go through by Saturday. He's doing stuff on his end and making phone calls though, so don't be sadface.

For now I guess this means that we should stick to the Tarkington venue for this Saturday, and everybody needs to take a shower the morning of the tournament and put deodorant on(srsly). We need hella fans, febreeze, and air conditioning/open windows lol. The First Street Towers venue does however seem possible for a regional... :D

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
realistically I believe class rooms are open on the weekends we could just grab one and use that as the venue it would solve our space problems and johns about purdue and money. I am going to be trashed at this tourny first purdue home game sorry suckas

Tomacawk

Smash Master
realistically I believe class rooms are open on the weekends we could just grab one and use that as the venue it would solve our space problems and johns about purdue and money. I am going to be trashed at this tourny first purdue home game sorry suckas
DJ you are 222midwest

Hate to be a broken record but housing? It's my understanding that STL isn't coming unless there's housing (I'm down to champ the drive home the same night though...if STL is reading this. I'll help drive)

Top Bottom