• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

name

Smash Cadet
Lmao, you were sleeping so peacefully and didn't respond when we yelled at you. Anyway, I'll help ya with Melty, but I want King practice too =P
Oh, I can definitely help you with King. He was one of the reasons I started to love Tekken so much. I was all like, ZOMG MULTITHROWS LOLOLOL, however, that **** sucks in real matches, but King is still a beast so I won't mind learnin him for ya!

voorhese

Smash Master
Alan has the full results on his laptop; I'll call him regarding that.

@ Voorhese: I believe that I do know where your Melee disk is; one of the set-ups there was lacking a disk, and so I was asking around for a disk, which you obviously had. The only problem was that while I remembered to get you back your memory card, I forgot to return your disk. heh I know the owner of that set-up, though, so it's a rather simple matter of walking down my dorm's hallway and getting it from him. I'll hold it for you. As for the controller, I can't really say that I know what happened with that; I do remember you coming up to me with a platinum controller, however... Regardless, this is all the more reason for everybody either to have their controllers and whatnot directly in their position or to have them appropriately labeled in some way. I would definitely like to stress that point to all participants, not only at SSBOs but at any tournament.

i knew thats what happened, im proud to say i bought a new one already for 15$ and im glad when i see u guys again, i will be able to have a backup disk, or let japn use it untill he gets his own, so i can teach him, and he can play by himself aswell, also sawyer is getting back into smash, and will be buying a cube, copy of melee, controller, and a memory card for only 50
$!, also u guys need to tell him just because u can beat someone 1v1 does not mean u are better than them, there trying to find the top four players in monticello, and got this
1: riley (u dont know him)
2:japn
3:sawyer
4:blue (fox player i took last time)

stupid things about this

1: were am i!?!?!?! (they dont count me)
2: a total of 2 matches is what they did to decide this (riley vs japn, and sawyer vs blue)

i told them they need round robin, and more people, and sawyer says since he beat blue, there is no possible way that blue can be better than him in the placings, and i kept telling him, example: sawyer beats blue but loses everything else, blue loses to sawyer, but wins every other match, would mean that in placings blue is better, and he doesnt get it.... but i also said u need more than like 6 people to tell anything.....

'Fro

Smash Lord
....Jason Voorhese_numbers, make the Monticello crew do some research! In any case, cut the power ranking garbage over there. It's dumb and it doesn't tell you anything about any of you guys' skill levels.

I'm waiting to see how the Monticello kids have improved. I understand the limited competition over there, but that's why you guys come over here, right? Also, next time you're here, actually play friendlies with people outside your own cirlce more. It'll help you a lot in the long run. You can ask everybody in the SSBO crew (particularly Kitsune, KSO, Goose, Draco Fox, Vro, and Mr H) How many ***-whuppings I took before my Samus improved. Play better people, learn, and improve.(/attempt at being wise)

_kSo_

Smash Master
Posted by Andrew:
Something funny was here, but I changed it so Alan wouldn't get insanely upset.

But power rankings, seriously?

bunbun you should have just said it
i don't really care because those matches you beat me in meant nothing because everyone knows who is actually better 0_o

Mr H

Smash Ace
there trying to find the top four players in monticello, and got this
1: riley (u dont know him)
2:japn
3:sawyer
4:blue (fox player i took last time)

stupid things about this

1: were am i!?!?!?! (they dont count me)
2: a total of 2 matches is what they did to decide this (riley vs japn, and sawyer vs blue)

i told them they need round robin, and more people, and sawyer says since he beat blue, there is no possible way that blue can be better than him in the placings, and i kept telling him, example: sawyer beats blue but loses everything else, blue loses to sawyer, but wins every other match, would mean that in placings blue is better, and he doesnt get it.... but i also said u need more than like 6 people to tell anything.....
this isnt the monticello thread

BunBun

Smash Master

bunbun you should have just said it
i don't really care because those matches you beat me in meant nothing because everyone knows who is actually better 0_o
Lol, seriously, do you have a one track mind or something? The post wasn't anything about that.

Also, 0_o yourself.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Lol, seriously, do you have a one track mind or something? The post wasn't anything about that.

Also, 0_o yourself.

yeah, I'm still thinking to myself how I lost those matches. If anything, I should thank you for making me a better player, so don't think that I hate you for it or anything lol :p

DracoFox

Smash Ace
O.o; I'm no way in heck going to quote. Trying to keep my cool.
Anyways.... Guess whose getting a Saturday off?

As for other news. Voorhese needs to find his place in the rankings.

'Fro

Smash Lord
O.o; I'm no way in heck going to quote. Trying to keep my cool.
Anyways.... Guess whose getting a Saturday off?

As for other news. Voorhese needs to find his place in the rankings.
So does this mean... *gasp* We can smash this week? PLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASE? I got killed by an exam this week, and I demand my funeral to be a Smash fest.

Mr H

Smash Ace
if u guys smash this weekend at adams again i probly wont be able to make it this time

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Falcon is so easy... You only need to know two moves. Side b, up b. If you wanna get really good I guess you could side b up b to moonwalk, but it's not necessary.

OMG LOL ****ING WIN

dont forget about moonwalk to edgeguard...................

i decided im gonna main N I G G A watch, hes too good!!

i played barwl today with kirkq and carl and jay....got *****. barwl = LOLZ

sweet breakdance vid for carl and jay http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-CT2F2l-T8

o and voorheese...my two cents on your deal. power rankings are garbage and are the stupidest thing in the melee community. Its just a popularity/ego contest, and not statistically accurate AT ALL...in conclusion tell your friends to **** POWER RANKINGS.

to end this post, a picture

"this my sexy face, u like??!!" -- Alan "shotgun" "noob-destroyer" "guitar hero" Zhang

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Yes, Smashfest at my place this weekend on Saturday. 6pm is when my place opens. >->; plus it gives me time to get home from work and relax a bit. But ya, SmashFest!!!!

And other News. I'll be at the next tournament. I got my way with the work schedule for a change.

'Fro

Smash Lord
YES! DracoFox to the rescue! Saurabh said he would be up for attending a Smash Fest, so I'll check with him if he'll show up. I intend to get in some intense practice. Potentially mess around with a new character, but nothing too serious. The Samus shall live on, tiers be ****ed.

voorhese

Smash Master
i saw monticellos best players today and......monticello is so amazing, u dont even know, the midwest power rankings are just to see how close u get to us... (u know im kidding), and on a side note sawyer 2-1 that ness player, the ness player 3 stocked him, then lost the other 2, we were teasing sawyer.. hm smashfest this weekend, i dont think i can make it because rides are hard to find and we have a ride prolly for the next ssbo, but asking for this one would be to hard... and i know dracofox is gonna talk smack about this post, i swear all he does is look for my posts so he can with me

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Falcon is so easy... You only need to know two moves. Side b, up b. If you wanna get really good I guess you could side b up b to moonwalk, but it's not necessary.
Best combo in the game lol.

Kneeing is for noobs.

'Fro

Smash Lord
maybe its because u post stuff about Monticello that isnt relevant to any of us
This. If you want to find competition in Monticello, make a Monticello thread. Bringing people from there is good and all, but this is the SSBO thread, centered around the people that play in and around Purdue. You can maybe get some more attention to the scene there that way, rather than trying to use us as a platform and make noise through this thread.

Also, I'll point again to the obituary of the English language that Lavos wrote.

Back to the important stuff, who is planning on going to Adam's this weekend? Am I right in counting in me, Anthony, Bunbun, Andrew(name), Brian, and KSO?

DracoFox

Smash Ace
This. If you want to find competition in Monticello, make a Monticello thread. Bringing people from there is good and all, but this is the SSBO thread, centered around the people that play in and around Purdue. You can maybe get some more attention to the scene there that way, rather than trying to use us as a platform and make noise through this thread.

Also, I'll point again to the obituary of the English language that Lavos wrote.

Back to the important stuff, who is planning on going to Adam's this weekend? Am I right in counting in me, Anthony, Bunbun, Andrew(name), Brian, and KSO?
As I come up with a way to reply to Vorheese... I'll respond to this post.

That'd be cool to have the entire Dew crew in this weekend, but that'll have to be a wish for the time being. As for another major issue i bring up. Money.... Money money money money... I just got slammed with hard with bills. And I haven't even paid my rent for the month yet. So if we're doing dinner Saturday, I consider that people bring food, or we do something like Pizza Hut or something cheap. 5 5 5 deal = yummie & cheap. Overall, I do not want to add more to the money that I owe some of you. So we'll talk about this when you guys come.

For now. Peace.

name

Smash Cadet
Bunbun, your avatar thing... Make it less cute, k?thx. <3

Anyway, I'll see if I can make it this weekend. Not gonna say definitely, just so I can flake out if I need to. But yeah, 555 deal would be great, that's 3 pizzas, I dunno about you guys, but half a pizza is definitely more than enough for me.

Top Bottom