• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

'Fro

Smash Lord
Alright, so I got 3S shipped up to me at school from home and I been practicin my Q, but I just cannot seem to do SAs quickly enough. It's so sad. We definitely need to play this weekend!
I'm assuming it's for the PS2. I can bring my slim PS2 to Wiley, with two controllers, and we can play there. If anybody can provide arcade sticks, that would be pretty awesome,too!

EDIT: Dammit, Craig! * remembers he's fasting* Dammit, I'm not supposed to cuss! *realizes what he just said* ....Never mind.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
I don't see what is funny. O.o

was the grammar wrong, that it meant something else?
Again, this is Andrew:

The grammar was perfect. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

That which while being incorrect, we'll let it slide =

sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

name

Smash Cadet
I can provide AN arcade stick. I have two sticks, one's for ps2 and the other's ps3, unfortunately, my adapters are only ps2->ps3, not vice versa.

Mr H

Smash Ace
I'm assuming it's for the PS2. I can bring my slim PS2 to Wiley, with two controllers, and we can play there. If anybody can provide arcade sticks, that would be pretty awesome,too!

EDIT: Dammit, Craig! * remembers he's fasting* Dammit, I'm not supposed to cuss! *realizes what he just said* ....Never mind.
im not 100% sure but im pretty sure

voorhese

Smash Master
hey the plan is me and a fox player, and a ness player are coming, japn has money problems, and hes lvln his WoW chars, hope to see u all there =) its at 2:00 right , and i have to go look up the address again...

Mr H

Smash Ace
if i do come it wll be a last minute decision lol il call one of u guys later to tell u wats up

goosefactor

Smash Lord
hey the plan is me and a fox player, and a ness player are coming, japn has money problems, and hes lvln his WoW chars, hope to see u all there =) its at 2:00 right , and i have to go look up the address again...
Ya, it's at 2. The address is on the front page. And tell japn to come. You guys can't have an odd number cause of teams. Oh, actually, I just remembered, the actual lounge that we'll be playing in is in a different part of the dorms. That should be on the front page, so just keep that in mind. Some of us will be at the Tarkington lounge (the usual place) alittle before 2 to show everyone where it is.

voorhese

Smash Master
hey goose i want to play ur shiek for practice, for shieks, and also i played sawyer and dustin with my ganon, fox, and puff (mains) and lost, then i messed around and use falcon and won with 2 out of four stocks, is this because falcon is an amazing team player?

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
YAY i finally have played XIF. and Tong.

it was fun.

Carl// i told XIF that he was the influence for you to learn peach.
he was happy + proud of it. he says thanks to you.

Goose// i will get XIF's peach practice.

Peach no longer me counter! (broken english on purpose. you figure what it means out)

_kSo_

Smash Master
hey goose i want to play ur shiek for practice, for shieks, and also i played sawyer and dustin with my ganon, fox, and puff (mains) and lost, then i messed around and use falcon and won with 2 out of four stocks, is this because falcon is an amazing team player?
fox and puff are way better in teams

BunBun

Smash Master
YAY i finally have played XIF. and Tong.

it was fun.

Carl// i told XIF that he was the influence for you to learn peach.
he was happy + proud of it. he says thanks to you.

Goose// i will get XIF's peach practice.

Peach no longer me counter! (broken english on purpose. you figure what it means out)

Great. You're being trained by XiF and I'm getting 'trained' by Ckit.

Wiley match to end all matches when you come up here.

voorhese

Smash Master
gonna be leavin around 12:30 - 1:00, and ill be there with either a fox, and a ness player, or just a fox...., hoping to team with somone not from johnsonville IN (monticello), so if any foxes or sheiks wanna team im there, if not ill take pretty much anyone else....

name

Smash Cadet
Okay, so I'm wandering around wily hall wandering around wily hall trying to find out where this is going on. Wearin a navy shirt that says colege and khakis. if you see me, please point me in the right direction, thanks.

voorhese

Smash Master
hey, i think i remember kitsune asking if anyone had the game, and i said i did in my bag, then i lended out my memory card, why im saying this, is today when i decided to play smash with those guys that came with me, i didnt have melee anymore, and i cant misplace it because it never comes out of my gamecube, and im not sure if anyone borrowed it or not, also did anybody notice the guy hanging around, that didnt really play smash at all, and then andrew rileys controller disapeared to, so either he took it or someone forgot they had it, either way i need it or a new one soon =( im trying to buy one from a friend, but he "has to think about it"

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Alan has the full results on his laptop; I'll call him regarding that.

@ Voorhese: I believe that I do know where your Melee disk is; one of the set-ups there was lacking a disk, and so I was asking around for a disk, which you obviously had. The only problem was that while I remembered to get you back your memory card, I forgot to return your disk. heh I know the owner of that set-up, though, so it's a rather simple matter of walking down my dorm's hallway and getting it from him. I'll hold it for you. As for the controller, I can't really say that I know what happened with that; I do remember you coming up to me with a platinum controller, however... Regardless, this is all the more reason for everybody either to have their controllers and whatnot directly in their position or to have them appropriately labeled in some way. I would definitely like to stress that point to all participants, not only at SSBOs but at any tournament.

So yeah, that's that. Also, with the apparent increase in interest in SSBO, I believe that it may be necessary to relocate "permanently" to the new Wiley venue used for this past tourney ("permanent" meaning to the extent that the room is not already reserved for one of our usual days, in which case the venue would be back at the old Tark TV room; announcements would be posted appropriately, of course).

Also, thanks for the Szechuan Garden food, guys; it'll be a nice change from the usual late-Sunday JJ's or Mad Mushroom. heh And somebody give me a cookie if I spelled that correctly... >______>

PurdueSmash

Smash Apprentice
SSBO XIX Results

Doubles Bracket Results
1: KTF MagicNs (kSo + GooseFactor) $52.50
2: Brown Kids ('Fro + AC_Burrito) $17.50
3: George!
4: Voorhese is Slow

Doubles Pools Results
1: Brown Kids
1: KTF MagicNs
3: George!
3: Voorhese is Slow
5: JH
5: Pseudo Blonde Kids
7: Zeta Psi Noobs

=======================================================

Singles Bracket Results
1: Goosefactor - $42.00
2: 'Fro - $21.00
3: i am the microwave - $7.00
4: jason_voorheese
5: DracoFox
5: Ac-Burito
7: BunBun
7: KSO

Singles Pools Results
1: 'Fro
1: DracoFox
3: Goosefactor
3: BunBun
5: i am the microwave
5: KSO
7: jason_voorheese
7: Ac-Burito
9: Anub
9: ATP
11: Reb
11: Blue
13: Name
13: MOO

Also, Anthony gets a cookie for spelling 'Szechuan Garden' correctly.

Good tournament, guys! Hopefully we will continue to grow in numbers as the weeks go by.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Also, thanks for the Szechuan Garden food, guys; it'll be a nice change from the usual late-Sunday JJ's or Mad Mushroom. heh And somebody give me a cookie if I spelled that correctly... >______>
Also, Anthony gets a cookie for spelling 'Szechuan Garden' correctly.

Good tournament, guys! Hopefully we will continue to grow in numbers as the weeks go by.

**** it.

it is Si Chuan not Sze Chuan. cantonese apparently ruined mandarin.

----------------------------

And... is Next Tourney.. the one with me in it?

BunBun

Smash Master
Mutha-f*cking doubles man. George! vs JH had a 5-4 record....

Also, I'll try to reserve that room tomorrow.

Alan, can you send me the pools record? =D

EDIT: Yes maus, it is.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Singles was too ****ing epic. I would attempt to explain, but words would probably fail me right now. Thanks to everybody for such an amazing experience!

Huge props to the great turn-out we had this time, even with a number of regulars missing. Thanks to Brian for teaming up and helping me to my first Smash money over $5!

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
MausTCV (12:08:32 AM): what's up
TheLoveBelow781 (12:09:35 AM): yo nigga
MausTCV (12:09:38 AM): lol
TheLoveBelow781 (12:09:38 AM): u want to team?
MausTCV (12:09:42 AM): fo shizzle
TheLoveBelow781 (12:09:57 AM): pretty princesses that press down b when scared, 2008
MausTCV (12:10:26 AM): nigga princesses who press down b when scared, Ver. 2.008
Guys, be prepared...for the undefeated team is making a second return to SSBO.... nigga style.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Guys, be prepared...for the undefeated team is making a second return to SSBO.... nigga style.
HELL YAEZ

get pro combo'd

side b -> up b with falcon
My brother and I did that since we grabbed the game for the first time.

so it implies... that my brother and I were born to be pros??? O.o

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Funny story.

So, over the summer, I played alot of Brawl online. There was this smasher named "Shaq" that was a breakdancing gamer like me too. He showed me a video of himself and he was pretty solid. He told me he was the only non-asian in his crew.

So, at the bboy event last saturday, I see this one kid around a bunch of asians during the crew battles. His style looked just like that of what I saw in the video. I ask him "wat's your bboy name?", hoping it would of been the same as the one in the video. However, he told me he didn't have one.

I then go back on allisbrawl.com and found out he lives in Minnesota (where the event was held). I check his video again and it appears that the bboy crews match perfectly.

Us 2 competitive smash players "met" each other at a bboy competition without ever noticing O_o

BunBun

Smash Master
Funny story.

So, over the summer, I played alot of Brawl online. There was this smasher named "Shaq" that was a breakdancing gamer like me too. He showed me a video of himself and he was pretty solid. He told me he was the only non-asian in his crew.

So, at the bboy event last saturday, I see this one kid around a bunch of asians during the crew battles. His style looked just like that of what I saw in the video. I ask him "wat's your bboy name?", hoping it would of been the same as the one in the video. However, he told me he didn't have one.

I then go back on allisbrawl.com and found out he lives in Minnesota (where the event was held). I check his video again and it appears that the bboy crews match perfectly.

Us 2 competitive smash players "met" each other at a bboy competition without ever noticing O_o
Nice.

NOTICE: The next SSBO ಠ_ಠ 2 will be held in the Wiley West Activies Room (same room as singles this past time). Call me if you get lost.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Awesome! That room was pretty sweet!

If anybody brings a projector for football johns again, I'm gonna have to steal Draco's hammer. Better yet, I'll use the buster sword. Screw Purdue football. The team isn't even worth it right now.

Top Bottom