• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

BIG C

Smash Master
when u guys are playin smash i obviously will be there in spirit also l8r on if kso or someone wants to play me in GWED as ima pick that **** back up. EPYON FOR THE WIN also *****es gonna get infinited

DracoFox

Smash Ace
.... im pretty sure ur flaming the people i said suck, and if u are, thats exactly it (the old "we'll never be as good as u, so why try) johns, also to fro i have been practicing tech skill, and combos on diff chars, but theres only like 6 chars a practice on: fox falco cfalcon ganon marth and sometimes peach.....and sad to say its getting boring without playing people, so i have to just rough it and practice tech skill 30 minuites to 2 hours a day, and hope i play someone... also im sry but idk if i can make it, because i quit my job, and my grandma said shes not gonna give me like 40$ to go to this one, and if i get a job, i wont get any money untill after this, and if i could get some money off of japn untill i get a job and all that, i would, but idk if hes going, and if he decides he wants to we have to find a ride 3 years in advance for his dad to let him go, bcuz our last 3 rides bailed at the last second..... and im getting this out of the way :QUOTE - EVERYONE NO JOHNS!

oh and draco, i was saying they suck cuz they wont play, even tho i will help them, the good news is one of the guys i never played with, untill awhile ago (which made him quite smash) is letting one of the only interested playing in monticello borrow his game, so i will have someone soon =)
May your suffering continue to an internal hell in Johnson'ville. As quoted from Ike, "You'll get no sympathy from me."

Lavos

Smash Journeyman
.... im pretty sure ur flaming the people i said suck, and if u are, thats exactly it (the old "we'll never be as good as u, so why try) johns, also to fro i have been practicing tech skill, and combos on diff chars, but theres only like 6 chars a practice on: fox falco cfalcon ganon marth and sometimes peach.....and sad to say its getting boring without playing people, so i have to just rough it and practice tech skill 30 minuites to 2 hours a day, and hope i play someone... also im sry but idk if i can make it, because i quit my job, and my grandma said shes not gonna give me like 40$ to go to this one, and if i get a job, i wont get any money untill after this, and if i could get some money off of japn untill i get a job and all that, i would, but idk if hes going, and if he decides he wants to we have to find a ride 3 years in advance for his dad to let him go, bcuz our last 3 rides bailed at the last second..... and im getting this out of the way :QUOTE - EVERYONE NO JOHNS!

oh and draco, i was saying they suck cuz they wont play, even tho i will help them, the good news is one of the guys i never played with, untill awhile ago (which made him quite smash) is letting one of the only interested playing in monticello borrow his game, so i will have someone soon =)
We are gathered here today to mourn the loss of the English language.

Alas! I knew ye well. How gracefully you punctuated sentences with both periods and commas in due turn! Your capitalized letters were far too fair when life had dealt me sorrow! Yet, at times you seemed a cruel mistress. Striking me at the thought of sacrificing verbosity, and scoffing at my attempts at run on phrases. These gestures were thorns to my frail heart. And yet every thorn bore a rose as captivating as the morning dew! I was putty in your deft digits and ye molded me fitter! The fruits of your labors stand before ye a changed man, and a better one! I bid ye farewell on this sacred celestial journey that we must all make one day. May your path to god's grace be swift and true!

Look what you made me do! This is what happens when your posts more closely resemble ASCII art than actual words.

Also, I'm going to be falling with style this weekend rather than smashing. I'll see you gentlemen in a week or two at the next one.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
I began today by awaking from a dream in which I was playing Falcon on Stadium and just destroying various characters with reads and knees.

This is a glorious day indeed, gentlemen.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Father Goose! We must battle!
Heh, Father Goose. Who started that? lol

Ya, we do have to battle. I don't think I've even played you yet, have I? Perhaps just for a set in teamsies but that's it.

I began today by awaking from a dream in which I was playing Falcon on Stadium and just destroying various characters with reads and knees.

This is a glorious day indeed, gentlemen.

LOL!

But that's not really any different than real life. Trust me, my smash dreams are FAR from ever making ANY sense. And yet when I'm in the middle of them I always believe them to be true. I dunno. That's the glory of dreams I guess.

_kSo_

Smash Master
deathsythe

qcf + strong weapon -> strong weapon -> weak weapon -> qcf + Strong weapon -> strong weaspon -> weak weapon ............

rinse and repeat = infinite combo

voorhese

Smash Master
lol wtf, my posts look like ASCII art? wtf is that, also im going to a small smash tourney tommorow held by my geometry teacher in there classroom after school, gonna be like 12 smashers there, maybe i can find a ride to this ssbo, i have a friend who said he will pay for me, cuz im broke, and all we need now is a ride... since i was broke i didnt look for on =(

'Fro

Smash Lord
lol wtf, my posts look like ASCII art? wtf is that, also im going to a small smash tourney tommorow held by my geometry teacher in there classroom after school, gonna be like 12 smashers there, maybe i can find a ride to this ssbo, i have a friend who said he will pay for me, cuz im broke, and all we need now is a ride... since i was broke i didnt look for on =(
If you really don't understand what Lavos said, then forget it. You just lost out on yet another post by the best poster on these boards.

Lavos, I sympathize.

I'm pumped....Knowing that I finally will NOT be johned out this time is giving me goosebumps! I don't care that much how I play. I just feel like I've missed out quite a bit already.

As for other fighters, this 'Fro is accepting MMs in 3rd Strike against my Sean. Any amounts starting from $1 upwards! :roll:

Mr H

Smash Ace
im going to a small smash tourney tommorow held by my geometry teacher in there classroom after school,(
He is a child molester

I'm pumped....Knowing that I finally will NOT be johned out this time is giving me goosebumps! I don't care that much how I play. I just feel like I've missed out quite a bit already.
hopefully i can be there for teams some stuff just came up so im not sure at all il be there

'Fro

Smash Lord
You should teach me how to play 3S.

Then, sure.

Btw, is Dan or Ibuki in 3S?
I'll teach you! You shouldn't have trouble with execution if you play GG (which you do if I recall). It's getting used to how the mindgames work that takes time.

Ibuki is in there, and she's a speedy, solid lower-mid character. Takes damage like a *****, though!

Dan isn't in the game, though. Sean is his replacement as the joke character, complete with a pink gi as one of his alternate colors! :laugh:

Rodney, I thought you were a cert? Oh, well, after my John-whoring for the past two tourneys, I can't be the one to blame you right now.

name

Smash Cadet
Man, I just picked up Guilty Gear for serious and I chose Venom. Holy ****, talk about hard executions... Morbid and CR loops?! That **** is insane. Hurts my ****ing fingers.

Anyway, 3S. We should definitely do some 3S after the tourney this weekend! I haven't played in forever and was in no way ever any good, but I'd like to get some play in. I play as Q, Weeeeooo! Hahaha. Go go Low tier!!

BunBun

Smash Master
I'll teach you! You shouldn't have trouble with execution if you play GG (which you do if I recall). It's getting used to how the mindgames work that takes time.

Ibuki is in there, and she's a speedy, solid lower-mid character. Takes damage like a *****, though!

Dan isn't in the game, though. Sean is his replacement as the joke character, complete with a pink gi as one of his alternate colors! :laugh:

Rodney, I thought you were a cert? Oh, well, after my John-whoring for the past two tourneys, I can't be the one to blame you right now.
Sounds good.

Man, I just picked up Guilty Gear for serious and I chose Venom. Holy ****, talk about hard executions... Morbid and CR loops?! That **** is insane. Hurts my ****ing fingers.

Anyway, 3S. We should definitely do some 3S after the tourney this weekend! I haven't played in forever and was in no way ever any good, but I'd like to get some play in. I play as Q, Weeeeooo! Hahaha. Go go Low tier!!
Venom is lol. I <3 Millia.

name

Smash Cadet
How is Venom Lol?! Unless by Lol you mean super awesome. Never understood Millia. My other character is Slayer. Guilty Gear is one of the few games where I play upper tier characters.

name

Smash Cadet
haha, I agree there. Sol is on the same page with Slayer there if you ask me though. And I know Eddie can be pretty cheap in some versions as well as Dizzy. I always thought Zato was pretty interesting. I'd love to see someone play him well.

'Fro

Smash Lord
LOL! Sorry, Maus, but that was kinda funny.

Also, they abandoned Melee last year when it is was at it's pinnacle, yet they pick up Brawl. Whateva, MLG, whateva.
They'll come back. You'll see. Good games don't die like that.

Also, Street Fighter 4 will be amazing. Match videos are already up, and my man Ryu is looking like he'll be top shoto!

I'm mainly online here right now because I really want it to be Saturday already.... I have club stuff for most of the evening, but I'll get in touch in case there's stuff going on.

name

Smash Cadet
I'm mainly online here right now because I really want it to be Saturday already....

I hear ya. And about games dying, it really depends on the fickle US. Sure, in other countries where competitive gaming actually runs rampantly and consistently. Here in the US though, a game can just drop off the map if it loses enough support. However, the melee community seems pretty strong, so I won't see em not pickin up Melee.

name

Smash Cadet
Alright, so I got 3S shipped up to me at school from home and I been practicin my Q, but I just cannot seem to do SAs quickly enough. It's so sad. We definitely need to play this weekend!

Top Bottom