• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
TENTATIVE DATE: SSBO XIX, September 27, VENUE TBA

Alright, guys, so we had some difficulties securing our usual venue at Tarkington. However, BunBun is currently looking into the availability of a room in Wiley (which is the dorm right next to Tarkington, for those who don't know). As such, I can't absolutely guarantee the next tournament date as it is contingent upon what comes up with Wiley. However, if you were to ask me for a date to plan around, I would tell you September 27, a couple of weeks from now as usual. Once again, this date is not set in stone; I just want to give people some idea of when the next tourney may be.

As well, Alan is looking at another venue possibility for future tournaments at his fraternity, Zeta Psi, which would avoid the problem of somebody having already reserved the room over at Tarkington.

With respect to the potential Wiley venue, it is significantly larger than the venue at Tarkington, if that does anything to comfort you guys (after the last tourney, I'm sure that will pique more than a few interests).

So, to sum up, plan for the next tournament on September 27, and be aware that neither the date nor the venue have been confirmed as of this post. Either Alan or I will post with confirmation when we secure a venue, and we will give you a definite date at that time. I apologize for any inconvenience that this causes anybody.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
gotten under Goose's feathers
LOLOL. I like that!

Also, Craig, you're coming down the following weeek. No chublets.

Also, my AIM account doesn't work for some raisin (hacked? Craig likes to think so, but he's only 8, so what does he know?), so I'm gonna have to make a new one or something tonight. I know it's gonna be tough not being able to talk to me for a full day, but just try to bear with it.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Well, if my **** job would let me have saturdays off. We could always counter this problem by having it at my place. But nooooooo! I get a knee of justice to the face. -_-

Anyways, anyone up for a smashfest at my place this weekend? No kids, please.

Mr H

Smash Ace
LOLOL. I like that!

Also, Craig, you're coming down the following weeek. No chublets.

Also, my AIM account doesn't work for some raisin (hacked? Craig likes to think so, but he's only 8, so what does he know?), so I'm gonna have to make a new one or something tonight. I know it's gonna be tough not being able to talk to me for a full day, but just try to bear with it.
idk if im coming or not and im 12 and a half not 8

*EDIT*
Anyways, anyone up for a smashfest at my place this weekend?.No kids, please.
Saturday night would be good :O and is it ok if i bring my kids?

BunBun

Smash Master
Well, if my **** job would let me have saturdays off. We could always counter this problem by having it at my place. But nooooooo! I get a knee of justice to the face. -_-

Anyways, anyone up for a smashfest at my place this weekend? No kids, please.

Sounds good.

I'm waiting on a response from Wiley's SL director. If he gives us the okay, then we've got it.

'Fro

Smash Lord
I'll tentatively say yes to the Smash fest. I might be delayed by a little something, but I hopefully should be able to attend in some capactiy, if not for the whole thing.

Mr H

Smash Ace
I'll tentatively say yes to the Smash fest. I might be delayed by a little something, but I hopefully should be able to attend in some capactiy, if not for the whole thing.
johns about playing smash again? >.>

'Fro

Smash Lord
johns about playing smash again? >.>
I'm trying not to, but there's a lot going on with me right now outside of Smash. If I have to not show up, it will be for a very good reason. I really enjoy Smash, but some stuff takes priority just by its nature.

I'm expecting a "NOOOOOOOOOOOO JOOOOOOHHHHHNNNNNNS" post of some sort after this, but I had to say my piece.

Mr H

Smash Ace
I'm trying not to, but there's a lot going on with me right now outside of Smash. If I have to not show up, it will be for a very good reason. I really enjoy Smash, but some stuff takes priority just by its nature.

I'm expecting a "NOOOOOOOOOOOO JOOOOOOHHHHHNNNNNNS" post of some sort after this, but I had to say my piece.
well since u wanted this....
NOOOOOOOOOOOO JOOOOOOHHHHHNNNNNNS

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
SSBO XIX - Saturday, September 27 @ 2 PM: WILEY HALL WEST ACTIVITIES ROOM

SSBO XIX has been scheduled for September 27 at 2 PM in Wiley Hall's West Activities Room. After some difficulties with our original venue, we were able to secure a larger room in Wiley Hall, the dorm directly next to Tarkington, thanks to Andrew (BunBun), so major props to him.

Let me repeat this one more time for any interested parties: The venue has changed for SSBO XIX: it is now Wiley Hall, West Activities Room, 500 North Martin Jischke Drive; this is the dorm that is right next to Tarkington.

So yeah, that's about it; I look forward to seeing all of our regulars again as well as a few new faces.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
one part of the conversation between Carl and me...

TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:22:09): play mikey g
MausTCV (오전 4:22:16): he isn't here
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:22:20): play xif
MausTCV (오전 4:22:27): he is hiding
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:22:31): play mikey g
MausTCV (오전 4:22:37): he isn't here
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:22:41): play xif
MausTCV (오전 4:22:42): he is hiding
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:22:52): play mikey g
MausTCV (오전 4:22:53): he isn't here
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:22:57): play xif
MausTCV (오전 4:22:58): he is hiding
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:23:03): play mikey g
MausTCV (오전 4:23:07): he isn't here
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:23:10): play xif
MausTCV (오전 4:23:16): he is hiding
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:23:18): play mikey g
MausTCV (오전 4:23:22): he isn't here
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:23:23): play xif
MausTCV (오전 4:23:26): no
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:23:27): play mikey g
MausTCV (오전 4:23:28): no
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:23:31): play xif
MausTCV (오전 4:23:32): no
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:23:34): play mike g
MausTCV (오전 4:23:35): no
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:23:36): play xif
MausTCV (오전 4:23:37): no
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:23:41): play mikey g
MausTCV (오전 4:23:42): no
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:23:42): play xif
MausTCV (오전 4:23:43): no
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:23:47): play mikey g
MausTCV (오전 4:23:48): no
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:23:49): play xif
MausTCV (오전 4:23:50): no
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:23:51): play mikey g
MausTCV (오전 4:23:52): no
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:23:53): play xif
MausTCV (오전 4:23:54): no
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:23:55): play mikey g
MausTCV (오전 4:23:56): no
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:23:57): play xif
MausTCV (오전 4:23:57): no
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:23:59): play mikey g
MausTCV (오전 4:24:00): no
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:24:00): play xif
MausTCV (오전 4:24:01): no
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:24:03): play mikey g
MausTCV (오전 4:24:03): no
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:24:05): play xif
MausTCV (오전 4:24:05): no
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:24:07): play mikey g
MausTCV (오전 4:24:07): no
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:24:08): play xif
MausTCV (오전 4:24:09): no
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:24:10): play mikey g
MausTCV (오전 4:24:11): no
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:24:12): play xif
MausTCV (오전 4:24:13): no
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:24:15): play mikey g
MausTCV (오전 4:24:15): no
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:24:16): play xif
MausTCV (오전 4:24:17): no
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:24:18): play mikey g
MausTCV (오전 4:24:22): nnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:24:24): play xif
MausTCV (오전 4:24:24): no
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:24:27): play mikey g
MausTCV (오전 4:24:28): no
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:24:29): play xif
MausTCV (오전 4:24:43): NO
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:24:47): play mikey g
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:24:57): joonz?
MausTCV (오전 4:24:58): hei gui
TheLoveBelow781 (오전 4:25:10): YOURE A BLACK DEMON YOU NEGRO SON OF A *****
MausTCV (오전 4:25:16): LOL

Carl's Best Quote that many people missed

NJzFinest said:
TheLoveBelow781 (PM 1:05:14): it is your quest
TheLoveBelow781 (PM 1:05:17): young nigga maus
TheLoveBelow781 (PM 1:05:25): you must find nigga xif
TheLoveBelow781 (PM 1:05:36): and recieve the nigga sword of negro justice
TheLoveBelow781 (PM 1:05:44): and save the niggaland

BunBun

Smash Master
SSBO XIX has been scheduled for September 27 at 2 PM in Wiley Hall's West Activities Room. After some difficulties with our original venue, we were able to secure a larger room in Wiley Hall, the dorm directly next to Tarkington, thanks to Andrew (BunBun), so major props to him.

Let me repeat this one more time for any interested parties: The venue has changed for SSBO XIX: it is now Wiley Hall, West Activities Room, 500 North Intramural Drive; this is the dorm that is right next to Tarkington.

So yeah, that's about it; I look forward to seeing all of our regulars again as well as a few new faces.

This address is incorrect. A few years ago Intramural was renamed Martin Jischke Dr.
Correct address: 500 N. Martin Jischke Dr.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Hey, Andrew, good to see you on the boards. Our tournies usually get around 10 - 12 people (going by our attendance from the past years); however, we have had some renewed interest lately, so I am expecting that average to inch up to around 14 - 16.

name

Smash Cadet
That's pretty awesome! Do you guys ever get together for not tournament stuff? I'm really into fighting games and the taste for blood as long been out of my mouth. Any casual stuff would be great, even if it ends up being my own blood in my mouth.

Sweet avatars by the way.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, dude, we play casually all the time. Most of it is centered in Tarkington SW 2 (where most of the dedicated Smashers on campus reside). Many of the Smashers play other fighting games as well. Ahmed ('Fro on the boards) is a fighting games enthusiast who I'm sure would be up for sparring in both Smash and non-Smash fighters; Carl (NJzFinest) plays Soul Calibur and is picking up Melty Blood; and Andrew (BunBun) also plays Melty.

And thanks for the compliment. heh

'Fro

Smash Lord
Did someone say fighting games?

Yes, sir, I would be interested! Aside from Smash, I play Street Fighter (the whole series, but particularly 3rd Strike), the King of Fighters, Soul Calibur, and Virtua Fighter. I've played pretty much all the old great fighting games at some point, but I haven't gotten too much into the new school (stuff like Guilty Gear, Melty Blood and the like).

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
This is BunBun posting on NJz's comp:
I also play IaMP, SWR, GGX, AH, and most SNK/Neogeo games.

Also, carl is black.
That is all

name

Smash Cadet
Why am I missing this?! Anyway, I play 3S, Tekken, GG (workin on it) and sorta Soul Cal, though it's... meh. Anyway, send me a message or something when this happens cuz I live off campus. I'd love to drop by some time. Hit me up on facebook I guess. Andrew Eskind, all the contact info is there.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Why am I missing this?! Anyway, I play 3S, Tekken, GG (workin on it) and sorta Soul Cal, though it's... meh. Anyway, send me a message or something when this happens cuz I live off campus. I'd love to drop by some time. Hit me up on facebook I guess. Andrew Eskind, all the contact info is there.
Ya man, it'll be great if you'd be able to participate in the next tourney. Like a few of them said, there are other games besides Melee that we play (not me personally though, lol). Also, we usually do stuff after the tourney and all, so I'm sure you'll have a good time. Hopefully you can make it. Just let the tournament organizers (KSO, NJzFinest, or Cunning) know about your plans, ok? Hope to see you there!

noo maus asians have to stick together!!! stay on my couch 0__o!!
But...but where will I sleep? :(
Heh, I guess Maus can have first dibs though. It IS Maus afterall!

voorhese

Smash Master
guys im gonna have to find some people to play with....., i might find someone today, lately ive been playing halo, cuz no one plays smash here....

Top Bottom