• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Marth movement looks so pretty when you never jump ...
I want a fast-falling Marth. I don't care if it hurts his recovery, I want one.

Also, sorry Corey. Maymester's runnin' me in circles this week, or I'd play with ya.
Is it done after May, or is it just called Mayester?

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
done after may. also MayMester**

dex you lazy bum get on the magic workstation. it takes all of 5 seconds to install. i will play you with my fine selection of many decks:

Eldrazi Green
Jund
Mythic Conscription
Naya Allies
Naya Vengevine
Polymorph
RB Control
Super Friends
UW Control
Vampires
White Weenie

I think UW control and Jund are the best(im using the 1st/2nd place builds from GP DC). My favorite is prolly Naya Vengvine(but playing white without baneslayer makes me sad) or UW control(<3 mind spring/spreading seas/baneslayer/jace/gideon/elspeth/wall of omens/ every broken card in this deck)

_kSo_

Smash Master
done after may. also MayMester**

dex you lazy bum get on the magic workstation. it takes all of 5 seconds to install. i will play you with my fine selection of many decks:

Eldrazi Green
Jund
Mythic Conscription
Naya Allies
Naya Vengevine
Polymorph
RB Control
Super Friends
UW Control
Vampires
White Weenie

I think UW control and Jund are the best(im using the 1st/2nd place builds from GP DC). My favorite is prolly Naya Vengvine(but playing white without baneslayer makes me sad) or UW control(<3 mind spring/spreading seas/baneslayer/jace/gideon/elspeth/wall of omens/ every broken card in this deck)
whenever i get my workstation back up, i'll be down to play

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
whenever i get my workstation back up, i'll be down to play
lol dude u gotta!! ive been playing ALOT of magic recently haha. hit me up on google talk(iamthemicrowave) if you're down to play

double EDIT:

POE3:

So far my car is me, DJ, Voorheese. I could fit 2 more if people wanna go, there is housing available for us. If more than 2 extra wanna go, we should take 2 cars, but we can't push it on the housing. I'd say we could take 6 ppl at the most.

so

1. me
2. dj
3. voorheese
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?

Possible ppl I see maybe going: Lance, Matt, Anthony...??

If we can get another car we will split up into 2 to make it more comfortable.

I just said 2 3 times in a row? I did it wrong...

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
I just got it installed, I'll play you sometime tonight.

Also, I have moral objections to the fact that spreading seas is one of the best cards in standard.

I opened an irl Baneslayer yesterday. Hooray for winning the lottery!

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
spreading seas is so good! best blue card in standard without a doubt!

You see owen turtenwalds anti seas tech in his sb? prophetic prism!! ****

**** yeah on getting the baneslayer dex.

_kSo_

Smash Master
spreading seas is so good! best blue card in standard without a doubt!

You see owen turtenwalds anti seas tech in his sb? prophetic prism!! ****

**** yeah on getting the baneslayer dex.
god i don't know about anything in type 2 format right now...

the cards in the decks that I have are mostly from lorowyn, morningtide and a few shadowmoor, but thats it...i kinda stopped after that....

lol ask anthony about his collection...all his cards are from like alpha and beta hahaha old fuck

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
lol dude u gotta!! ive been playing ALOT of magic recently haha. hit me up on google talk(iamthemicrowave) if you're down to play

double EDIT:

POE3:

So far my car is me, DJ, Voorheese. I could fit 2 more if people wanna go, there is housing available for us. If more than 2 extra wanna go, we should take 2 cars, but we can't push it on the housing. I'd say we could take 6 ppl at the most.

so

1. me
2. dj
3. voorheese
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?

So my friend ordered a vaporizer like a week ago so I haven't checked the boards in awhile :chuckle: , but I am definitely going to POE3 so put me down.

Also I just payed for APEX, if you are thinking about going do it now cuz the price goes up, and you can get a refund up until 2 weeks before it.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
lol ask anthony about his collection...all his cards are from like alpha and beta hahaha old fuck
Yeah, dude, old-school's the way to be. lol It's good to hear that blue/white control is still a viable archetype, though; I always enjoyed playing that, even in my mindgame-less days. heh Still, nothing will be as fun to me as when Invasion block was in Standard; good times with Cunning Wake, Burning Wake (for about 2 seconds), Psychatog, and Fires.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
yeah UW control just won the most recent Grad Prix, and had about 3 total decks in top 8 O_o

And there is another deck that is very similar to UW control(super friends), that had 2 more top 8 placings

voorhese

Smash Master
oh kool, i know i mentioned i wanted to go and didnt think i got an answer, but i guess its kool cuz george has me signed up to ride with him =)

i kinda gave up on it but now im happy again, and i will have to start practicing for this thing

edit: if i can come down early for this since its during the summer, ill bring my magic cards ;)

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I bought two magic decks back in the day(~6 years ago), then all my friends that played quit, so I never used them. What's it cost to get into that game?

voorhese

Smash Master
that depends on if u wanna play for fun, or get ****in ***** by good decks that cost well over 200$

well actually buying a structure deck for ~ 12$ at wallmart would fit both those catagories

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
POE3:

so

1. me
2. dj
3. voorheese
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?

I had planned on going, but I haven't been paying any attention to when it actually is ...
If it's not in the middle of an exam, you kin count my car available as well.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Dood. There's like no housing for POE.
I would have to take my car, 'cause I sure as hell ain't payin' for a hotel room.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
dude Skylar did you read my post?? I said we have housing for up to 6 people u noob

Matt since you ignored my post I guess you don't know if you wanna go yet? Cuz you told me you'd be interested

kirkq

Smash Ace
I'm going to POE. I probably intend on driving, and I probably intend on returning to Purdue after it is over. If anyone wants to ride with me post up. Also if anyone wants to crash in Lafayette before or after, let me know. I should have plenty of carpeted floorspace available.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
that depends on if u wanna play for fun, or get ****in ***** by good decks that cost well over 200$

well actually buying a structure deck for ~ 12$ at wallmart would fit both those catagories
I'm a cheapo, I'll just use someone else's deck if I want to play. They all have like 12 different ones anyway.

Anyone up for smash today? My cycle of exercise and reading is getting boring. (I've already gained a pound since Tuesday though... I'm pretty sure it's muscle because I've been working out a lot harder than I do during school, eating better, and running more and harder. And I've read a book, so I suppose my cycle is working, I just want to mix it up)

The laptop I got as a graduation gift from my parent was being gay and crashing all the time, so we took it to best buy (where we bought it) and they said they fixed it. We bring it home, and and it crashes 5 separate times before we even got to log in. To quote that random senator/representative/something: "YOU LIE!"

Jayford

Smash Lord
I'm a cheapo, I'll just use someone else's deck if I want to play. They all have like 12 different ones anyway.

Anyone up for smash today? My cycle of exercise and reading is getting boring. (I've already gained a pound since Tuesday though... I'm pretty sure it's muscle because I've been working out a lot harder than I do during school, eating better, and running more and harder. And I've read a book, so I suppose my cycle is working, I just want to mix it up)

The laptop I got as a graduation gift from my parent was being gay and crashing all the time, so we took it to best buy (where we bought it) and they said they fixed it. We bring it home, and and it crashes 5 separate times before we even got to log in. To quote that random senator/representative/something: "YOU LIE!"

I'll tell you my horror story from Best Buy when I get back from work. Don't worry tho it worked out in the end and I ended up getting a better laptop and a free $75 giftcard.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Well George, I was mainly leaning towards not going. Kirks proposal does seem somewhat appealing though since I won't have to put up with all those people at PEEF's place afterwards. But for this very reason, my going (or not going) shouldn't effect your plans.

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Corey, if you balk at the $200 price tag for a competitive standard deck, you can always try drafting. Around $15 for about four hours of fun, plus you get to keep the cards afterwards with the possibility of winning the lottery and opening a $50 bill in one of your packs.

Carl, dk's utilt is looked pretty marthlike in that vid lol

Smashboards spellchecker doesn't recognize afterwards? M-W says yes rtard!
Other words it doesn't recognize:
vid
Smashboards
marthlike (seriously!)

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Kirk, we are getting you wasted next weekend.

Also, I may challenge you that weekend too. It depends.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Yeah, Corey, if you balk at the $200 price tag for a competitive standard deck, you can always try drafting. Around $15 for about four hours of fun, plus you get to keep the cards afterwards with the possibility of winning the lottery and opening a $50 bill in one of your packs.
Could you explain a little more about what that is and where to do it?

Oh and jayford, my dad went and gave the manager a good talking to... we got a new laptop via exchange. This one's got a better processor and better video card, this also has a blu-ray player my other didn't. Its got lessor speakers and battery life though. It's got a better overall rating though (the best rating for any laptop in their store). From what I understand it's generally a better laptop, and it was only a clean exchange because it just had a "price drop" probably caused my by father... I love that man. He knows computers better than I do, hardware, software, name it.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
dude Skylar did you read my post?? I said we have housing for up to 6 people u noob

Matt since you ignored my post I guess you don't know if you wanna go yet? Cuz you told me you'd be interested
Derp da derp derp. Silly me.
I made the mistake of paying attention to PEEF's post about housing.
If you believe that, they've already overbooked every house in the county.

Also, if people are coming into town beforehand, I can give ya a place ta stay.
By next month, I'll be all alone in my four-man apartment, so there would be BEDS.
Though as appealing as driving there and right back day of is ...
I'd want to chill with some of the Memphis people for a little bit at least.

Carl, dk's utilt is looked pretty marthlike in that vid lol

Smashboards spellchecker doesn't recognize afterwards? M-W says yes rtard!
Other words it doesn't recognize:
vid
Smashboards
marthlike (seriously!)
Dood. I love drafts!
Building a new deck is so much more fun than running a pre-fab.

Smashboards doesn't even recognize 'Marth' as a word in the first place.
And vid isn't a real word. Scrabble has confused your sense of reality.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I just realized all of my magic cards were 7 anyway. So in the random event there was something worthwhile in my small collection (I had a thorn elemental holo.. it seemed pretty cool at the time) it's fairly worthless now.

If someone loaned me land cards I might do a draft, I just mowed a yard so I have a little extra dough.

I did a draft on the magic site but it didn't let me try out the draft so I have no idea if it was any good.

And DEX, did you play go when you were in China? Did you see people playing it there? I was just curious to see how common it is over there.

Top Bottom