• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

MidwestBorderPatrol

Smash Cadet
I suppose because we know who you guys are going to be it would only be fair to not have any competitive advantages and tell you guys are mains.

WeaponX-Jigglypuff, Shiek
WhiteKnight-Fox
Ghost-Peach
CB5-Marth
Agile-Ice Climbers

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
and if we don't show up Maus wins by default.
dayum straight.
because i am the champion. HAR HAR HAR

Us newbies from down at Earhart might be coming up for another go at the tournament on Saturday. This time with reduced running up and Dsmashing shields.

Also, our names look kinda lonely down there without any faces next to them, so I'll tell you who we all play:

G-cob (name could be just changed to giuocob, though it doesn't really matter): Luigi, Marth, Kirby

Clog: Yoshi, DK

Huff: Fox
I play all except Yoshi, Dk, Kirby, Mewtwo, ICs and Roy.

-------------------------------------

In my opinion,
telling new people what you play and how you play is kind of stupid.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Ahhh ... characters ...
I haven't been able to play Roy in ages, but I've still got the poor guy next to my name.
Of course, it doesn't help that I've kind of only ever really played yoshi.
My secondary always sucks. XD

I'll probably have to take this game seriously at some point.
But I don't want to be a Falco player. -_-

giuocob

Smash Journeyman
dayum straight.
--------------------
In my opinion,
telling new people what you play and how you play is kind of stupid.
You guys really don't have to tell us these things if you don't want to. None of us are good enough to have any aspirations of placing, we're just showing up to try to get better.

Besides, I'm not sure what you're trying to hide when all the regulars have their characters posted on the FRONT PAGE :/

giuocob

Smash Journeyman
Meh, it's not too hard to do well with Kirby when you consider the fact that he gains a 100-0 matchup against every character when you swallowcide them twice in the same match, causing the opposing player to throw down his controller and start screaming incomprehensibly at you, allowing you to calmly take their remaining stocks.

BunBun

Smash Master
Meh, it's not too hard to do well with Kirby when you consider the fact that he gains a 100-0 matchup against every character when you swallowcide them twice in the same match, causing the opposing player to throw down his controller and start screaming incomprehensibly at you, allowing you to calmly take their remaining stocks.
Haha, oh wow. I average 1 swallowcide a set. It usually works 1st or 3rd game only lol.

Every character in the game can hit you out of a grounded inhale, and landing your aerial inhale shortens your distance in half =(

mecatomato

Smash Lord
You guys really don't have to tell us these things if you don't want to. None of us are good enough to have any aspirations of placing, we're just showing up to try to get better.

Besides, I'm not sure what you're trying to hide when all the regulars have their characters posted on the FRONT PAGE :/
If you look into my posts more carefully,
or if you knew me,

it is kinda obvious, I don't belong in Purdue anymore
and I am simply trolling.

these words also apply to Midwest Border Patrol. lol

Maus you don't play this game anymore. You don't play any characters. Don't lie.
i didn't lie on my latest post.
+ don't make up a story of me without knowing so much of me.
I am in GA, you are not near here.
you haven't seen me for a year to two now. so, stfu about me lah

I am sorry
but that works on dumb people only, or on characters with no projectiles.

I use every character accept Pikachu
learn pika.
pika is better version of pichu, and uair spike is amazing.

giuocob

Smash Journeyman
If you look into my posts more carefully,

I am sorry
but that works on dumb people only, or on characters with no projectiles.

I know...I'm just kidding. Kirbycide's only practical use of kirbycides is as a surprise attack. But it's psychological impact can be huge. Pull off one ledge-hopped swallowcide in a match, and they'll think twice about edge guarding you again.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
So we got the BSU pplz coming, the voorhese children coming, Earhart pplz coming, and pretty much all the regulars except maybe Fro (you better come). This is sounding legit.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
learn pika.
pika is better version of pichu, and uair spike is amazing.
+5 karma

This Sat is my prom... I'm not so sure about me making it out. Especially since we always start late.

If I can come, it'll only be for friendlies for about an hour-ish.

I haven't really had time for melee since I've got my senior project, looking for cancer, lots of volunteer hours, lots of music, and [a false alarm of] testicular cancer. But things are winding down, once I get a job I should settle into a predictable groove and get a little better about coming to these.

And Jay, when we do eventually get our low tier match, I think the first two stocks should be blindfolded. (it'd probably be an advantage to link, but it'd make things more goofy)

Have a good one all.

BunBun

Smash Master
i didn't lie on my latest post.
+ don't make up a story of me without knowing so much of me.
I am in GA, you are not near here.
you haven't seen me for a year to two now. so, stfu about me lah
First off, I was not serious.

Second, almost every post you make about you smashing mentions that you don't play this game any more, so no johns.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
I know...I'm just kidding. Kirbycide's only practical use of kirbycides is as a surprise attack. But it's psychological impact can be huge. Pull off one ledge-hopped swallowcide in a match, and they'll think twice about edge guarding you again.
if you can get it off the stage, it will be a ****. i give you that.

i know how to deal with camping kirby, because i usually play sheik on the first round, not to risk. so...

sheik camping > kirby camping. =P

looks neat!

yes!

First off, I was not serious.

Second, almost every post you make about you smashing mentions that you don't play this game any more, so no johns.
1. just to let you know, if you talk something directed at someone, in words usually, it may be hard for that directed person to understand the inner meaning.
i just troll, i just talk things that do not make any sense at all, that it is obviously i am trolling.
but you don't.
you try to be sarcastic or to make jokes, but you are not doing it right apparently.
Often, your posts that are directed me look like you are trying to piss me off.

2. True that I don't have interest in this game anymore.
True that I don't initiate this game among people, nor talk about it unless others bring it up first.
I'll rather do something else - if I have any other option - than playing smash.

However, I have always mentioned that
I will play smash if it gets down to only option of socializing at the moment, or when I got nothing else but smash to do.

so you didn't even read my post in depth.
enough said.

maus i play pika just for the upair spike it *****!!! i stage spiked marth when he was at 0 percent :O

also DJ 4 stocked my pika with his marth lol
i randomly play pika or pichu against ________.
this is a secret.

i have tail spiked falcon at 0. lol
i hit him 3 times to kill haha

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
-I- beat Bunbun in kirby dittos.
Hell, I only got one stocked that one time we did shiek dittos.
He's bad at dittos. That's ... kinda all there is to that.

BunBun

Smash Master

Jayford

Smash Lord
Adult Swim is having a block party tonight in west lafayette. One of the awesome things about it is that it can be your first chance to play Dead Rising 2, Super Street Fighter IV, and Lost Planet 2. <3 Capcom

edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvCcvfHtCEI&feature=related

there's 5 matches of Axe vs Mango's Marth. Mango only wins one -.-
No MvC2! :(. How am I gonna impress all the ladies with my pro sentential skills.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
MvC2 is an old game, I guess you meant to say MvC3?

That game prolly has only like, 2 stages and 2 characters developed so far haha

MidwestBorderPatrol

Smash Cadet
Adult Swim is having a block party tonight in west lafayette. One of the awesome things about it is that it can be your first chance to play Dead Rising 2, Super Street Fighter IV, and Lost Planet 2. <3 Capcom

edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvCcvfHtCEI&feature=related

there's 5 matches of Axe vs Mango's Marth. Mango only wins one -.-
That was incredible I've never seen a Pikachu **** Mango like that before. After I saw his Marth destroy Lucky I thought he'd win the next tournament with him no question

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
pika vs marth is really hard. its impossible to edge guard pika cuz he always comes back...i learned this from playing kels pika.

Also on battlefield he tail whips me through the stage and then keeps sweetspotting the edge. so gay. couldnt touch him.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
I accidentally the moon
I accidentally got on facebook and I keep on trolling.

pika vs marth is really hard. its impossible to edge guard pika cuz he always comes back...i learned this from playing kels pika.

Also on battlefield he tail whips me through the stage and then keeps sweetspotting the edge. so gay. couldnt touch him.
I'd just quit the match, and pick fox next round.

Top Bottom