• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Mass Bros 4 - Oct. 24 - M/B - Darc/Dazwa! Mages! Duel Masters! CT! You?

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Details on Costume Contest/Charity for Game Universe at the bottom.

SUPER MASS BROS.*

*Name Courtesy of Maine's Greatest Fiendlord

Four Rivers Charter Public School
248 Colrain Rd.
Greenfield, Ma 01301

PRICING AND SCHEDULE

Brawl Singles - $10 (This price has been raised)
Brawl Doubles - $10 a team/$5 a person
Melee Singes - $5 a person
Costume Contest - Donation of Any Amount to benefit Game Universe
Venue Fee - $5

All Events will be a 60/30/10 Split. Unless low attendance for an event. Than it is subject to change.

10 - Doors Open
10:30 - Registration for Brawl Doubles and Melee Singles and Brawl Singles starts
12 - Brawl Doubles Starts
End of Brawl Doubles -Half Hour Sign Ups for Melee Singles and Brawl Singles/Food Break/Freeplay
- Melee Singles Starts
End of Melee Singles - Sign ups for Brawl singles, 15-30 minute(Depends on timing) Food Break/Free Play
Brawl Singles End - Friendlies and congrats to your awesome TO

Registration for each event after Brawl Doubles continues until that event starts. So if you can't make one show for the rest.

(Schedule Subject to change. I promise to update the thread and make it known if anything does change.)

RULESETS

BRAWL

• 3 Stock, 8 minute timer, items are set to "off" and "none," all matches are best 2 out of 3 with the exception of Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals (all to be played 3 out of 5)
• First game is double blind character, random stage.
• Second and third games, loser of the previous game picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character.
• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
• Stage Strike: Each person strikes two stages for the entire set. One neutral stage, one counterpick stage. The neutral can't be played on the first game, and the counterpick can't be used during the set. Consider the chosen neutral a counterpick stage, and the chosen counterpick a banned stage. You can Strike a nuetral twice(the first turns it into a counterpick, the second striking it from that list as well.)
• In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
• In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If a tie still occurs, play a one stock match in the same match-up, character-wise and stage-wise.
• Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
• If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
• Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
• Stalling is banned (The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 250% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.)
• Standing Infinites ARE BANNED, you must be traveling during CG's. Wall infinites, because there are no permawalled stages on is legal but is subject to the 250% stalling rule.(This rule is for clarification purposes. If you have an issue with me bring it up, I'm willing to reconsider this one. If swayed, but keep in mind there are no permenant walls, and the stages with walls can be banned, can be avoided. There are characters that can't be chain grabbed that can help you avoid the walls if need be.)
•Planking is a form of stalling and is banned. The 70 Ledge Grab Rule will be in effect, until the community as a whole comes up with a set number, we will make the limit 70 grabs. If the game ends with the time running out and your stats show that you went over 70 ledge grabs, you will automatically lose that round. If both people go over 70, then participating players Who ever has the highest stock and or lowest percentage on that stock will win. If both player have the same stock and percentage when the timer runs out, then a 1 stock rematch will occur.

Starters(Stage Strike System)
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counter Picks
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

All other stages are banned.

MELEE

• 4 Stock, 8 minute timer, items are set to "off" and "none," all matches are best 2 out of 3 with the exception of Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals (all to be played 3 out of 5)
• First game is double blind character, random stage.
• Second and third games, loser of the previous game picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character.
• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If a tie still occurs, play a one stock match in the same match-up, character-wise and stage-wise
• Stage Strike: Each person strikes one stage for the entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen. The chosen stage may not be used during the entire set.
• You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
• Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound, Wobbling forever), are banned. Wobbling by itself is allowed, capped at 250%.
•[03:03] TheGreatSpife: i have a new rule
[03:04] TheGreatSpife: it's called spife's stupid rule
[03:04] TheGreatSpife: any time you play on pokemon stadium (in melee) you must hold L/R to play the awesome secondary song
[03:04] TheGreatSpife: if the song isn't played, the match must be restarted >.>
[03:04] TheGreatSpife: rule doesn't have to be enforcd
[03:04] TheGreatSpife: *enforced
[03:04] TheGreatSpife: hence it being "Spife's stupid rule"

Starters
Final Destination
Dream Land 64
Battlefield
Yoshi’s Story
Pokemon Stadium
Fountain of Dreams

Counters
Mute City
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Pokefloats
Kongo Jungle 64
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Corneria

All other stages are banned.

General Rules:

• The Mages DQ Rule is applicable when a player is late for a match and it goes as follows:
-2 Minutes Late – Warning
-4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
-6 Minutes Late – Loss of set

• This is a school and as such there is a no smoking on campus rule. I apologize for the inconvenience but you'll have to take a small walk to have a smoke. If it's during tourney alert the TO's and please be quick.
CONTACT INFO

Ace/MdrnDayMercutio - 413-455-5385
Call me if you need anything, and if you're trying to make it for a specific event I will see if there's anything I can do for you or update you as to where we are in relation to it currently.

Spife is the man with directions though. Call me and I'll get a hold of him if needed, not sure if he'd want his stuff here or not.

GET HYPED PEOPLE!

COSTUME CONTEST

At this Super Mass Bros, since it is so close to halloween, we will be holding a costume contest to benefit Game Universe(as well as accepting open donations). The entry to the Contest is simply making a donation of whatever you're comfortable with to Game Universe and showing up in a costume.

Voting will take place after Brawl Doubles and During Melee Singles. Before Melee Singles starts there will be a short "Catwalk" section where we will announce all people participating in the event(Name and Costume) and than voting will be open to all people at the venue.

First prize will be awarded a Special "First Place Medal" and bragging rights for the rest of the year. I hope everyone can enjoy this addition to the tourney have fun, and I encourage everyone to show up in costume as it's all to benefit Jamie and Game Universe after the hell that's been brought on them.

Good Luck everyone.

Spife

Smash Master
I might go, not sure, depends on how far away it is.

How to get on ecrc?

Spife

Smash Master
guys make sure you hype the **** out of this. Good venue is good. Seriously, it's huge and has about 50-100 chairs.

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
It's depressing that the closest tournaments are in Mass, and I've got so many ways to get there, but my parents won't let me. :S

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
So... Knowing you if there is time for a 3rd event it would be Brawl +... BUT, I think Low tier doubles would be cool beans and a side of bees knees. And super knowing you you'll decide before the date so that everyone will know before hand right?

Just supposing some stufffffffff.

Its not like me and GreenAce would team for LT doubles or anything >_> <_< O_O

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Brawl Doubles, Melee Singles, Brawl Singles. Like always.

If there were to be time for a 4th event it would be Brawl+. But I have no expectation of there being time anyway.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
There'll be time for a "4th event" Does anyone that enters melee play brawl anyways? We should be able to have two events at the same time if one is Melee right?

Brawl + is fun too. Do Brawl + draft crews!

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Whoever you are should come and bring everyone you have ever met with you!

We need some newbies at this to give me hope that tournaments will pick up again. They have been so small lately -_-

Why is there no AIB page for this yet? Some people only use that to find tournaments so it would be a good idea just to ensure a bigger turn out.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
No AiB page yet because, essentially, I'm a lazy bum and haven't been very motivated the last few weeks. Gunna make it tonight. Also I'm about to update the first post with information on the Costume Contest tha tyou should all be very pumped for, and what I'm doing in terms of charity for Game Universe.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion

That makes me so extremely sad. Specially since I want to try and fit Brawl+ in but I don't know if there would be enough time for Brawl+ Singles.

Top Bottom