• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Mario RPG Mafia: Hilt lynched, Town wins!

T-block

B2B TST
unvote

@Zigsta: Do you have any thoughts on other players? What do you think of Red Ryu? If we were to lynch me and I turned out to be scum, would that change/affirm your opinion of him?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Well, Chibo in the post quoted below does bring up a good point that in previous Overswarm games, utilizing flavor has been helpful to town. However, what I don't like is how much Krys continues to talk about it, and even tries to justify it when other players are saying "uh, that's distracting, let's scum hunt."

In the last game, when I raised my eyebrows at Krys, I labeled him as noob town, and he won as scum. This time, I'm a bit more skeptical.
In the end though I do agree that the question did not lead into anything interesting other than that, and doesn't help us on our little own way. If Chibo would like to evaluate some sort of read out of the situation down the road later based on agreed-upon faction-listings and such, then so be it. I at least answered Omni's question first, and found it to be interesting; but what does everyone's specific scum-buddy choices have to do with us getting out of RVS?
I don't know if you skipped over this or just felt it wasn't relevant, Pierce. In any case, I won't waste time "defending" flavor-talk any further, like I've stated. I was just trying to be fair, and I like speculating about a game I've probably played about a million times. Kay? Dropping this.

In any case, I came back not just to show you that, but I wanted to also say I'm particularly interested in these things:

UTDZ: Why do you think Chibo is NOT indie? What evidence persuades you to think this way?

Chibo: I know no more than you do about the situation about RR and T-B. Should I be reading any more into this?

Rajam: You've officially given me a reason to vote for someone, but people already have you on blast. What the heck?

Pierce: You think I'm scum because of previous gameplay or this gameplay? We're not even halfway into toDay yet and you're already putting me in ranks of Rajam and Red Ryu, based on "Well, I had him as dumb town last time, not gunna make the same mistake this time!"...

Isn't that... what is it called... playing too much based on previous games? Especially my first game? Forgive me, I can't recall all the mafia terms... What is it, meta-ing?

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I don't know if you skipped over this or just felt it wasn't relevant, Pierce. In any case, I won't waste time "defending" flavor-talk any further, like I've stated. I was just trying to be fair, and I like speculating about a game I've probably played about a million times. Kay? Dropping this.

In any case, I came back not just to show you that, but I wanted to also say I'm particularly interested in these things:

UTDZ: Why do you think Chibo is NOT indie? What evidence persuades you to think this way?

Chibo: I know no more than you do about the situation about RR and T-B. Should I be reading any more into this?

Rajam: You've officially given me a reason to vote for someone, but people already have you on blast. What the heck?

Pierce: You think I'm scum because of previous gameplay or this gameplay? We're not even halfway into toDay yet and you're already putting me in ranks of Rajam and Red Ryu, based on "Well, I had him as dumb town last time, not gunna make the same mistake this time!"...

Isn't that... what is it called... playing too much based on previous games? Especially my first game? Forgive me, I can't recall all the mafia terms... What is it, meta-ing?
While I'm not going to try and over-analyze your flavor talk, I'm certainly not going to ignore it. I like this post sufficiently to drop my pressure on you. You don't have to be offended by my previous noob town read.

Also, I am paying attention to the meta. All players do, and it would be foolish not to. However, all my current reads are based off of things from this game.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Chibo is not indie.
@Krystedez, simple version: I do not think Chibo is indie because of his talk of indies in an earlier post.
The way you say it in the first post, it prompts me to believe you have this information confirmed. It's very misleading for town. Surely you at least suspected that you would have attracted some attention to yourself, with this "claim". Unless you're trying to confuse town, which is scummy, what was your reasoning behind this? If you're getting a read on Chibo, why not just call it a read instead of declaring it as fact?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
unvote

@Zigsta: Do you have any thoughts on other players? What do you think of Red Ryu? If we were to lynch me and I turned out to be scum, would that change/affirm your opinion of him?
It's a bit difficult for me to judge, seeing how this is Red Ryu's first Mafia game. That said, he's been very active and has already thrown out votes and FoSes, which makes me inclined to believe he's scum and is too actively trying to hide it.

If we lynched you and you turned out to be scum, that would slightly sway my opinion, but enough for me to judge RR as town.

As for other players, I feel Rajam is scum. I'm still getting a feel for everyone else.

:phone:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
@Pierce: Fair enough. As long as I know when and where to pay attention to meta.

I'm currently semi-deprived of that luxury/experience, since I don't see any of the games you guys have played in before. I could look at the way we all played in BBRM aside from Omni, T-Block, and Rajam, and somewhat you (Pierce), and Shaya, since those of you were either replaced in or were not in BBRM altogther.

I'd like to see what Hilt's opinion is of the current situation. I want to ask him a question, but I'll let him catch up. Gotta finish up the rest of my studying anyways.

T-block

B2B TST
@Zigsta: Hmm...when did he say it was his first mafia game? So you think it's unlikely that Red Ryu and I are both scum... any reasoning for that? What is it about his play that makes you think he's not putting pressure on a scummate to gain distance?

Also, what's your prior mafia experience?

T-block

B2B TST
Special Notes
1. There are no jesters or survivors in this game, but that doesn’t necessarily mean everyone’s win conditions are uniform!
2. Ties are possible in certain circumstances. If this is the case, both factions will win unless otherwise stated in their role PM.
3. I would like to actively encourage everyone to pressure players that are inactive and punish them by lynching them if necessary. I will replace players that need to be replaced, but the town shouldn't let that be an excuse to let players get away with staying quiet.
4. Knowledge of SMRPG isn't necessary to play, but it might be useful. Try reading up on popular comic book characters.
5. If you rely on flavor, you might get burned. Try to focus on information and player actions if you want to succeed.
Did anyone notice this? Am I missing something here?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
@Pierce, I was taking a stance. The reasoning for the lack of clarification is so I could bait certain responses, like yours for example. Since my statement about Chibo wasn't really directed at any one individual and the fact that you picked up on it for whatever reason, tells me something about you. *takes note in his captain's log* You aren't a player that merely pays attention to people's posts directed towards yourself, but instead reach out and try to scumhunt.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Rajam please do no play like you did in FE and Super Hero mafia...please don't.

@Omni: Why are you not trying to ram a fork in my head?

@Everyone: Shouldn't we not do set-up speculation until we get a flip or try and figure out flavor, no one has claimed except me, and I'm Rebecca Black.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Vote count:

Hilt - UTDZac,
T-block - Red Ryu
Red Ryu - Raziek,
Chibo - Rajam,
Rajam - Zigsta, ChiboSempai

Note Voting: Krystedez, Pierce, Pado, Hilt, Shaya, Omni, T-block,

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for Friday, April 29th, at 3:00 p.m. EST

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
@RR: cuz i understand that's it's just your playstyle and you're not targetting me. makes dealing with you 10x easier

**** setup speculations. what are you going to confirm? it's just going to deter from the decent talk we've built up now

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
@Zigsta: Hmm...when did he say it was his first mafia game? So you think it's unlikely that Red Ryu and I are both scum... any reasoning for that? What is it about his play that makes you think he's not putting pressure on a scummate to gain distance?

Also, what's your prior mafia experience?
Oops, I misread that.

This is my first time.

:phone:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Let Omni and T-block defend themselves. You're wasting a chance to create more pressure

FoS: Pado

kupo!
nvm

unvote
vote: Raziek
Just snipping these two out, but I'm going to echo the general feeling of "Wtf?" from Rajam....

While I don't want to dip too much into flavor, can anyone think of a character that might have a posting restriction to cause Rajam to post this way?
and idk what you were looking at but the scenario appeared to be RR vs. T-Block; not RR vs. Raziek.

regardless, i'm not sensing scumvibes from any of them. mainly do to the fact that i don't really start sniffing until i've got a good amount of substance from the entire cast.

i really like Raziek tho

also please refrain from posting like 5 times in a row. it makes finding things a lot harder when rereading
Agreeing that the interaction was RR vs. T-Block, with us as spectators.

Also, Omni, what is it you like so much about my play?
Okay you completely misunderstood the situation lol

I thought that Omni asked me for two scumpicks. I thought it was weird, but took it as an opportunity to spur up some real discussion. I did not think this was the loaded question. Note my reasoning - the only reason I had was showing-no-desire-to-leave-rvs. It should have been clear that it wasn't an actual scum read, but instead more of a if-i-had-to-pick statement.

Omni then tells me that I misunderstood, and that he was asking who I would choose as scum buddies if I were scum. This is the question I expressed concerns about, because I thought it was asking me who I thought the strongest players were. Omni had already said he had not played with many of the current players, so he could have been scum trying to get an idea of who to NK. When he justified the reasoning behind the question, I felt it was okay to answer.
I can back T-Block up here on the confusion regarding the question, since I made exactly the same mistake.
Rajam please do no play like you did in FE and Super Hero mafia...please don't.

@Everyone: Shouldn't we not do set-up speculation until we get a flip or try and figure out flavor, no one has claimed except me, and I'm Rebecca Black.
...why are you still joking around?

FoS: Rajam

Keeping my vote on Red Ryu for now.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I think most of us have made it pretty clear that flavor speculation isn't really going to get us anywhere meaningful on Day 1.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
First post!

I'll start this game off with "replies", sort of. Because I find it funny how this early game question is somewhat meta'ing me.

Raziek - We think alike and would probably work very well together
Shaya - Always seems to play a strong scum game =x
T-Block, how many games have you seen me play? I've only been scum in two games I've played. I didn't exactly feel like my win in IDM was "zomg" like other wins that have happened in BBR's games.

@tblock: it's a null-tell. but i agree with you on Shaya. him followed by Hilt or Pierce would be my choices
The one game I played with you as scum, you out-scummed me hard and probably had the best scum win of ALL TIME (OF ALL TIME). On the other hand, why do you feel like Pierce is a strong choice? We know he is a strong player, but unless I'm recalling wrong, the guy has not played scum before. He's an infamous town player. I'm not sure how the guy would handle being scum.

2) Hilt, Shaya, or UTDZac. Not really sure.
Why? You were convinced I was scum in a game I was vanilla town. I was reasonably convinced you were scum in that same game when you were vanilla town, even though I had my doubts at the end.

-
My ego is somewhat flattered that I'm being called out as a fan favourite scum team partner, but alas I feel people overestimate my abilities in this game.

-

Note: Omni/Pierce: "holding hands". Chibo wagon!
I'm always a fan of Chibo wagons - He's either town, independent or mafia, so a 2/3rd chance of it being a wise lynch :troll:

This isn't Rajam's first game. Many of us should be aware he plays mafia a lot more than most BBR players. He should know what he's doing. He's having town focus on him. Why?
From his voting behaviour, there's a somewhat indication of a passive/posting restriction.

Note: FoS from Raziek. Keeping his vote on RR.

You're being somewhat wishy washy here, is RR scum or not? You're asking him what is he doing or telling him what to do. I really dislike the whole "echoing" others thing as well.

Red Ryu said:
so typical of Me
"M" in a capital? Weird.

Now this is a cool loaded question. Why aren't people on this?

-

Time to meta the man who should be meta'd, Overswarm
There are two jesters in the game at the moment - Rajam and RR.
I know through experience and through his own statements that he dislikes the jester role, so I doubt one would exist.

Paying attention to things such as Rajam's "kupo" in one post, there's something interesting occurring.
Myself, Omni, Chibo and Hilt are players I know who were in FF6 Mafia. Hilt said he's reading but hasn't posted yet but w/e. But Chibo ignoring it is kinda odd.

To clarify, in FF6 Mafia, there were two roles with posting restrictions that OS explicitly created to confuse town. They were both town. One of the two broke the rules of the game (outside contact) to keep the other alive. Fun times.

I have no idea if RR's mixed in with this at all, but Rajam is definitely painting a strong message of sorts.

@RR
You've played Mafia before right? Or did you just read the game you were referring to @ T-Block?
How do you feel about your current play? How do you feel about Omni and Raziek, two sides of arguably the same coin?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'd say that varies heavily depending on the D1 lynch, and if it gives us any insight into the set-up.

A Game like Death Note, flavor was a very viable means to determine the size of scope of the factions. BBR, maybe not so much.

I can't really say at this point, but it's possible it could have SOME use.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Why? You were convinced I was scum in a game I was vanilla town. I was reasonably convinced you were scum in that same game when you were vanilla town, even though I had my doubts at the end.
My choice of you is more of a personal one. We're both Marths, and we apparently look alike. :p I think it could be quite entertaining, which is why I think I listed you as one of three possible choices.
Note: FoS from Raziek. Keeping his vote on RR.

You're being somewhat wishy washy here, is RR scum or not? You're asking him what is he doing or telling him what to do. I really dislike the whole "echoing" others thing as well.
I chose to FoS Rajam because he already had several pressure votes/demands for explanation, so I figured it would be redundant and unnecessary, since I already had my vote on another person who's play I currently dislike.

As for being wishy-washy, I'd disagree. I'm trying to make sense of confusing play, and I've had to deal with situations like this before. Path of Radiance Mafia (which Rajam was in), one of the Town was acting completely ******** and tried to get himself lynched Day 3. We didn't, since we had an indy pegged, but we ended up lynching him Day 4 which endgamed us.

Point being, I really hate it when players act in a confusing manner, because it's not something that can necessarily be logically interpreted as Town or Scum. It's simply WIFOM.

Now this is a cool loaded question. Why aren't people on this?
TBH, I was just confused by it, and I'm not sure what to think. Why would he WANT Omni to stick a fork in his head? Doesn't make sense.

Padô

Smash Lord
@Omni

About the RR Vs. T-Block incident. Well, I can't believe Red Ryu said the stuff he said. Honestly, it's pretty bad, BY THE WAY, because of it being so bad I suspect he done it on purpose so maybe other scummates could try FoS'ing him to make him look like Town. I wouldn't assume he did it on purpose if he was a newbie which he isn't...

In addition to all this, I don't like justifying votes with previous games/plays for many reasons...

1st - We are on a different game with different people with different roles there is no correlation between this games and other games, all you can take from other games is PERSONAL experience about how other people play and as said PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.

2nd - It's just too easy to do it. You can say someone is playing like this and you have to read a whole other mafia game, which I doubt hard someone has done it before, to figure something out and, finally, voting for that reason you figured. Honestly, seems like the perfect move for scum mates to fake a town alignment. The "previous game/play" reasoning is weak and easily dismissible.

This is on RR side.

-------------

Now T-Blocks side:

Maybe he saw how unfortunate RR's post was and just pressured to get some information outta him. Scum team saw someone pressured RR before they did and they just didn't pressure longer so the wagon would get stronger. This would put us back again on 0% progress.

He's his scum mate trying to look like town. Since he used the "previous games/plays" justification too this is still a viable supposition. But still can't be confirmed, I believe nothing can be confirmed so early in this game. Remember that all this is EASILY dismissible, I'm pretty much bringing this back to life lol.

End of T-blocks side.

-------------

Overview of the incident.

I don't like the votes justification, they are bad, I don't like lynching people because of previous plays it's just too inaccurate. I'd rather analyze this more later on.

-------------

Ongoings:

I believe we should just focus on Rajam throwing away votes like this. I just hate when people start throwing away votes without any reasoning AND using the RVS as justification is no more acceptable since we all reached a consensus that it should end when things started to happen.

FoS: Rajam

And waiting for a good answer on: why are you doing this Rajam?

@Thread

Ninja'd by many people LOL

Padô

Smash Lord
Red Ryu said:
Wow, seriously? This makes me think even more you said all the stuff before on purpose. Come on RR, why are you telling other people to FoS you? Was that your intention all the time?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Pado, I don't like where your going with this.

How are we gonna have a fun fun fun fun day on Friday with my friends?

And if you knew how me and Omni interacted in past games you would understand it more. Scumni and my lol comments at him are referenced to him, lol.

Man everyone wants to kill me today. :awesome:

Omni

BRoomer
oh god this activity makes me wet myself. im in mafia heaven

It's a bit difficult for me to judge, seeing how this is Red Ryu's first Mafia game. That said, he's been very active and has already thrown out votes and FoSes, which makes me inclined to believe he's scum and is too actively trying to hide it.
this is not RR's first mafia game. what gave you this impression?

As for other players, I feel Rajam is scum. I'm still getting a feel for everyone else.
why do you feel Rajam is scum? id like to hear your sound reasoning.

Also, Omni, what is it you like so much about my play?
your train of thought was exactly like mine. some of your post were pretty much pre-emptive Omni post and i tend to flock closer to players who have the same train of thought as me.

The one game I played with you as scum, you out-scummed me hard and probably had the best scum win of ALL TIME (OF ALL TIME). On the other hand, why do you feel like Pierce is a strong choice? We know he is a strong player, but unless I'm recalling wrong, the guy has not played scum before. He's an infamous town player. I'm not sure how the guy would handle being scum.
because Pierce just looks like auto-town all the time. tho tbh not quite this game. maybe because it's early but im looking to find the pierce i saw in Day 2/3 Chrono Trigger Mafia so we can hold hands and destroy this game

@Omni

huge wall of text answering my question
well. okay. cool beans.

-----------

@shaya: more from you. coasting/not posting often Shaya is scum Shaya. if you're not scum then you just scare me enough to the point where i'd be happy courtesy lynching you

@hilt and utd: sup. want more from you bro. dont care what its about

OVERSWARM PLEASE KEEP UP WITH VOTECOUNTS BECAUSE IT WILL MAKE THE GAME VERY DIFFICULT TO TRACK IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS SO PLEASE AT LEAST TRY UPDATING EVERY 40 POSTS

@RR: i understand your habits but a lot of people here dont. and to be frank it doesnt clear you as town either. you seem to be taking it lightly that people are putting pressure on you but maybe because we have goofy headed Rajam preventing the cast from putting a decent wagon on you

@Rajam: sup. do you have a posting restriction? i hope you're not faking it. and if it's neither then stop goofing around

Vote: Rajam

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Here's a tip Omni, if you tell someone outright what their normal scum tell is, especially when they are somewhat doing it, you're only going to ruin the read you have on them.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Really Omni I'm not contributing? It's been nearly half a day since this game starting.

@RR how long are the Friday shenanigans gonna last?

@Zigsta, have you been reading all of the posts thoroughly or just skimming through?

Omni

BRoomer
@chibo: here's a better tip: seek clarification. it's a town-tell; not a scumtell.

@utd: relax, UTD. i just said i wanted more from you. i didn't say you weren't contributing. are you tense?

Top Bottom