• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Mario RPG Mafia: Hilt lynched, Town wins!

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
You want me to give scum picks already?

I am answering this 100% seriously following Omni's attempt to move us out of RVS.

Raziek and RR are my top two scum picks at the moment. They seem to show no intention of moving us out of RVS.
i didnt ask for scum picks. perhaps i wasn't clear. i meant if you were scum who would you choose to be your two scum buddies within the cast. interesting that you'd have scumpicks this early in the game when staying in the RVS is somewhat universally okay at this point

Omni, this is my first time.

As for my scum picks, no one yet. I don't want to jump to any misguided conclusions.

:phone:
the same applies to you. also, welcome to mafia. you're going to die.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
That's a little much to assume, isn't it Omni?

I made it to endgame as scum and town in both of my first two games.

In fact, I think newer players are more likely to make it to endgame as town, simply due to being less of a threat to scum.

T-block

B2B TST
i didnt ask for scum picks. perhaps i wasn't clear. i meant if you were scum who would you choose to be your two scum buddies within the cast. interesting that you'd have scumpicks this early in the game when staying in the RVS is somewhat universally okay at this point.
Staying in RVS may be okay, but it's not ideal. We clearly have you asking somewhat serious questions - people could be commenting on that, but instead are throwing around random votes still. Why stay in RVS longer than we have to?

I did misread your post lol - I do not like the question though. I think it is a loaded question disguised as RVS, or an attempt to get out of RVS. You are essentially asking me who I think the strongest players in the game are... I can see scum benefiting from that sort of information more than town does.

Omni

BRoomer
it's not solely based on strength; it could also be based on relationship or your previous experience with other players. or how well you know a certain player. or how well you mesh.

i've asked this question many times via RVS stage and everyone has answered it. it's not loaded unless you're worried or concerned about leaving some kind of opening

T-block

B2B TST
Raziek - We think alike and would probably work very well together
Shaya - Always seems to play a strong scum game =x

@Everyone: Comment on the interaction between Omni and me please.

Omni

BRoomer
:mad: @ people answering questions i didn't ask them.

i'm asking those 5 people for a reason but tbh i dont really care to hear any one else's answers

also

@tblock: it's a null-tell. but i agree with you on Shaya. him followed by Hilt or Pierce would be my choices

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Oh hey, I just realized I misread the question. I thought you asked me two pick out a 2-man scumteam that I think exists. xD

Ok, if I was going to pick two scum-mates to be on a team WITH me, I'd say:

1) T-Block (Canadian Pride! And he played SK reasonably inconspicuously last game)
2) Hilt, Shaya, or UTDZac. Not really sure.

I also wouldn't really mind teaming with Pado or Rajam again, we did well in Death Note.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
My response,

Unvote
Vote: T-Block

Your digging for a quick lynch like Pokemon Mafia again.

I'll vig ya with my god friday powers.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'd hardly call it "Digging for a quick lynch", RR.

He's asking people to comment on the interaction between him and Omni, and you're still making no effort to leave RVS.

I'd say he's justified in asking you for a response.

FoS: Red Ryu

OMGUS vote doesn't help you here.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Sorry I'm late to the party. I just caught up, I'm on my phone from class (it hasn't started but it will soon). I'll hop into the fray in about two hours when I get out of class and to a computer.

:phone:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'd hardly call it "Digging for a quick lynch", RR.

He's asking people to comment on the interaction between him and Omni, and you're still making no effort to leave RVS.

I'd say he's justified in asking you for a response.

FoS: Red Ryu

OMGUS vote doesn't help you here.
Wrong, he tried same stunt with rPSI to make himself look town in Pokemon mafia as scum. Why is he asking about this interaction then?

:king:

T-block

B2B TST
It's in LoD. You won't be able to see it Raz.

RR, explain how I am digging for a quick lynch. What are my intentions with asking you and Rajam that question?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
If that's the case, I'd at least like to see some excerpts to draw some comparisons between.

Omni

BRoomer
Tblock said:
vote: rPSI[/b[

This is semi-serious.

rPSI, do you actually know the setup? I can't imagine you being allowed to be non-mafia if you know the setup. This also suggests that there are no independents.

@Mod: Confirm that roles were randomly distributed?

ah okay

ill analyze this later but it doesnt seem to be that much of a big deal. it's null

T-block

B2B TST
Taking your answer as "I think T-block is trying to paint me as a target D1".

That is completely untrue. I had no intention of getting rPSI lynched at that point. I did not push his lynch Day 1 AT ALL. He got lynched in the end because his play was absolutely horrible and it was way too easy to convince town that he was scum.

You also ignore the town motivation behind my question: to move us out of RVS, and it's coming along nicely.

vote: Red Ryu

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm not really seeing how asking a similar question makes him scum, Red Ryu.

In fact, I don't see how asking an idle question regarding speculation on the set-up is making himself look Town.

Can you elaborate on why you believe T-Block is scum trying to paint a target?

Right now I'm inclined to side with T-Block on the "Get us out of RVS" idea.

Omni

BRoomer
id like to hold hands with u for a while raziek

i like your train of thought alot at the moment

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ok, RR, now you're just getting confusing.

How is T-Block making Omni seem scummy by asking for comments on the interaction? I see this a lot in games I've been in, it's usually done as a means of gauging what other people think of the relationships between two people.

Just not seeing how this makes either of them scum. They're generating discussion.

Why are you so quick to get defensive and point fingers?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Because his play sent me a huge red flag to me as it looks similar to what he did in another mafia as scum. He's gauging town to see how they feel so he can find a bandwagon, like he's done before in Pokemon mafia.

:king:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
So you outright claim he's scum, instead of examining or asking for his motivation behind the question?

What???

I don't even....

vote: Red Ryu

That was just a ridiculous response, and a rather knee-jerk reaction. Not only is that weak meta at best, the tone of your response strikes me in an extremely negative fashion, given the lack of support behind your accusation.

Omni

BRoomer
in RR's defense, i can kinda understand where he's coming from if i try to over analyze the situation. and his finger pointing is pretty normal; he's done it a few times as town in the past 2 games i played with him.

hrm

guys lets slow down a bit and let the rest of the cast chip in on the situation and answer some questions. we're out of the RVS and there's plenty of information out there now for players to comment on. personally, i hate the concept of people voting each other early game when half the of the cast have yet to post leaving the chance of scum sitting back and letting a TvT scenario go down is high

lol @ raziek reacting to RR the same way i did in my previous mafia games

Top Bottom