• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Mario RPG Mafia: Hilt lynched, Town wins!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well since I am Rebecca Black, most likely never.

Or I win it for town by performing a ninja vig on all scum on Friday. They can kick it in the back seat.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yeah, I know Omni, It's mostly since, every game I go into people want to kill me all the time and I'm usually a top scum pick since I'm pretty bad at mafia and look scummy as all hell.

Why else does scum let me live til end game all the time?

This is what OS and others have said about me. I can't look like obvious town, never could.

Fun Fun Fun Fun: UTD Pado

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Omni, I misread one of RR's posts. Must have been based on the assumption that he hadn't played Mafia before since he's new to the BBR.

I feel Rajam is scum because he has voted for a lot of different people today, with little to no reason behind it. Seems like he's trying to get a lot of fingers pointed to keep attention away from himself.

Zac, I've read everything, but my posts are lacking in both quantity and quality because I'm going through carpal tunal right now. Just typing on my keyboard or touching my mouse makes my soreness return. I've fallen behind on both my screenplay and my animation projects because it just hurts too much to do anything at the computer. That's why you'll see all my most recent posts are from my iPhone. I should be fine by the end of the week, but for now I have to keep with mobile posts, albeit rather brief ones so my forearms don't get too worked up.

:phone:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
@chibo: here's a better tip: seek clarification. it's a town-tell; not a scumtell.
Yes, but you can be discreet in seeking clarification, and rely on your own thoughts on it as well. Being so direct and open isn't always the best route.

I'm not saying what you did was a scum tell, I'm saying that you're potentially giving scum an easy out into fixing their gameplay.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
@Shaya, what was I ignoring? Hilt not posting or Rajam saying Kupo?
The latter.

@shaya: more from you. coasting/not posting often Shaya is scum Shaya. if you're not scum then you just scare me enough to the point where i'd be happy courtesy lynching you
I gave a nice reply to the things that had occurred thus far, as I woke up. I had missed a good few pages of interactive play, and it seems to still be reasonably active atm, which is good (even though there was a few hours break). However pegging me as scum from coasting/not posting often is awkward, you should re-evaluate that position. Quality over quantity Omni.

"If you're not scum... I'd be happy courtesy lynching you"?
What kind of statement is that? In an OS game where the likelihood of all townies having power roles is high?
This doesn't bode well with me - Scum would want to lynch or night kill strong/dangerous players (because they know they aren't on their side). Why would a townie want to kill someone who can/will be a strong town player?

How many people think Omni's a strong town player? I could meta him a bit here from past experiences, but I generally know what he's doing here. While the effect he's going for is leaving me thinking null, the 'courtesy lynching' would seem to me scummy coming from most other players.

-

TBQH, I'm not sure why the wagon is getting stronger on Rajam while RR is RIGHT HERE and is causing a commotion. He's not answering all the questions either.

What are people's actual thoughts on what I've stated about Rajam/OS meta?
RR could very well be apart of that too - he's here and active right now, and we aren't pressuring him why?

@Omni
you seem to be willing to let RR continue his 'commotion' why? What is your justifications? You said he isn't cleared as town, which seems to imply you think of him as more town than otherwise.

Zigsta said:
I feel Rajam is scum because he has voted for a lot of different people today, with little to no reason behind it. Seems like he's trying to get a lot of fingers pointed to keep attention away from himself.
While it's all the lovely WIFOM, would scum be this notably obnoxious? Are you actually willing to kill Rajam today? What if he flips town? What would town get out of killing him if he was town (its pretty early in the day)? What would town get out of killing him if he was scum in terms of information? I kinda doubt that all the people Rajam has placed a vote on are all scum, and there's a good chance not all of them are town either.

What strategic advantage to town are you bringing with your current "I think rajam is scum because hes voting people"? Is there no one else in this game you could also pressure or question?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I noticed it, but it wasn't worthy enough to comment. I can only hope that he stops stupid comments on his own, and if it continues to be an issue then I would mention it. It was just a joke though it seems, after OS' first game back here had someone (me) with that posting restriction. No one in Mario RPG says Kupo, and there's no Jesters in this game. Him saying Kupo means nothing.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Yes, but you can be discreet in seeking clarification, and rely on your own thoughts on it as well. Being so direct and open isn't always the best route.

I'm not saying what you did was a scum tell, I'm saying that you're potentially giving scum an easy out into fixing their gameplay.
you completely misread what i said.

i am telling you to seek clarification. what i was referring to was RR's town-tell. what you were referring to was some non-existent scumtell that you believed i had on RR.

it's unimportant and pretty useless to banter on it but i want you to see that you're misreading what's actually being said.

@shaya: ill answer your stuff tomorrow. sleepy sleepy

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Giga Drill Day Vig Breaker: Shaya

@Krystedez: This post perked my front seat interest.

Sorry I took a while to get in on the action guys, was pretty busy yesterday and got up late today. /confirmed. whatever.

I've only played one. I was a mafia goon; Shaya. I didn't have any special powers besides my Mafia ability for the flavor of that game.

Everyone says how much OS's games rock. Why is that? Not that I'm complaining, I'm loving the flavor so far.

I think Pierce and Hilt would by mine. Pierce hates mafia. Hilt loves mafia. And these two are the only ones out of the cast I've met in real life.

Oh. I'd pick OS for the same reason, too, if he were actually playing this game.

If you mean from the game itself, I think it would be obvious; the main characters that you played through the game as selectable characters would be pro-town: Mario, Mallow, Toadstool, Bowser, and Geno. I think the latter two could possibly have separate factions.

Everyone else that are toads or yoshis or friendlies like Frogfucius, etc... would be town.

Baddies would be likely to be town or seperate faction if they're aligned with Bowser.

There's a lot of different possibilities for the scum, but there's obviously someone pretending to be the overlord (Exor). Smithy would be behind the scenes; there's plenty of chances that the true overlord of the weapon-army himself would simply be invisible or something until Exor dies. But I digress. This is all conjecture based on my fanboyism of the game XD

And oh god the Axem Rangers have to be in here, if not at least one or two of them being Indys. I think that's a fair assumption. But then, they ARE Smithy aligned... Hmm... I don't know.

Definitely Booster is a !@#$ing Indy, that crazy *** dude. If he's masoned with anyone it's Toadstool lol.

And then there's Bowyer... insane dude that role BLOCKS PEOPLE!!!

Yardovich is a pro mafiascum. IF he's a role in this game, it's intense as !@#$, because he can disguise himself....

So I'm seeing this for 13 people

Possible Pro Town Characters:

Mario
Mallow
Toadstool
Bowser
Geno
Yoshi(s) / Boshi for coolness
Frogfucius

Possible Pro Mafia Characters:

Yardovich
Exor
Smithy

Possible Indy Characters:

Bowyer
Booster
Axem Ranger(s)

Possible Mayor or someone that dictates Town... (reset vote count?)

Chancellor

That's all I think right now.

Red Ryu seems to be letting on some sorta insanity role or something, in my head. Unless he's just being FRIDAY ITS FRIDAY FRIDAAAAY silly or something. It makes me think he might be scum simply because of the setup I described above. Bowyer. Mafia Roleblocker.

FoS: Red Ryu

I'm not inclined to vote for him though, I'm more interested in the response adhered to his accusations and behavior, since I'm not quite out of that RVS mindset yet.
Why are you obsessed with Boywer right here? Or so sure he is in this game?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I noticed it, but it wasn't worthy enough to comment. I can only hope that he stops stupid comments on his own, and if it continues to be an issue then I would mention it. It was just a joke though it seems, after OS' first game back here had someone (me) with that posting restriction. No one in Mario RPG says Kupo, and there's no Jesters in this game. Him saying Kupo means nothing.
What about that "super secret" boss in SMRPG, that is a FF-esque character? He was made specifically by Square for that game I believe. I could be wrong. I know he doesn't say Kupo. But... an underling might...

*shrugs* I don't know much about those creatures tho, and whether or not they'd serve some fantasy entity in a mario game... It's a possibility though.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
@RR, sorry, did I let on that I was sure of any of those flavor-reads? I'm not. But it's a likely scenario.

I wasn't obsessed with Bowyer, either, it's just the way you're talking makes me think it's possible that you are actually playing along with the insanity of a character who's flavor you received. But that's just roleplaying, and not mafia, and I realize that. So it's likely just you being... well... you.

Plus the flavor talk was sorta shot down (though I do love talking about it because it's freaking SMRPG, come on, I'd make a fanfic based on this game if I had time!)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
EBWOP: And I realize that I just re-entered the game to do more flavor talk, so before you guys rush me down with that; I'm tired, and can't come up with a response to anything too extensively. I don't have any reads at the moment, and I have an exam tomorrow afternoon. Bare with me, I'll come back with some better inclination to scumhunt tomorrow hopefully.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Chibo, I'm not insinuating his posting restriction is to say kupo or anything of the like.
However, if someone was trying to breadcrumb something, without explicitly stating so.... Do you get what I mean?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Vote count:

Hilt - UTDZac,
T-block - Red Ryu
Red Ryu - Raziek,
Chibo - Rajam,
Rajam - Zigsta, ChiboSempai

Note Voting: Krystedez, Pierce, Pado, Hilt, Shaya, Omni, T-block,

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for Friday, April 29th, at 3:00 p.m. EST

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
your train of thought was exactly like mine. some of your post were pretty much pre-emptive Omni post and i tend to flock closer to players who have the same train of thought as me.
Noted. The reason I inquired is because OS did exactly the same sort of buddy-buddy with me early on in PoR, and he was scum manipulating me. :urg:

Giga Drill Day Vig Breaker: Shaya

@Krystedez: This post perked my front seat interest.

Why are you obsessed with Boywer right here? Or so sure he is in this game?
To me, Krystedez is coming off as over-obsessive fanboy, which reminds me exactly of my play in Death Note early on.

As a newer player, it's a lot easier to blend by talking about flavor, since he's probably not that well-versed in scum-hunting yet. I did it just so people didn't yell at me for not talking.

This isn't a scum tell, however. Merely null, since Town can be just as worried about not ****ing up due to not knowing the "rules".

Red Ryu, you didn't play like this at ALL in PoR. Can you explain why you're talking like this, clearly?

Giving up because people often think you are scum isn't the way to do it, you'll just make people pissed at you for not taking the game seriously.

Other random thoughts:

Pado's logic-dumps are still as difficult as ever to read through. You finish reading the post and think... "owwww... my brain.", and it takes three of four reads to actually get the point.

Also, I'm somewhat concerned about Pierce dropping a full read list this early. Typically speaking, Town doesn't need to do that, since they can't confirm anything besides their own alignment, and it just paints possible targets for scum. I found myself doing that as scum to re-assure Town players I was worried about that I think they're Town, which tends to get them off my case.

Who needs talking to.... UTDZac! What are your thoughts on Red Ryu's & Rajam's posting? Also, what is your current opinion on Shaya's play? Specifically, do you believe his comments of "Quality over quantity" ring true?

@Everyone: Do you believe Pierce posting a full read list was a good idea? Why or why not?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
May as well quote it too, I suppose. I need to think about things before I have to make extra posts. xD

Pierce said:
Right now, here is how I feel about each of the following players

1) Rajam - Scum
2) Raziek - Town
3) UTDZac - Null
4) ChiboSempai - Town
5) Krystedez - Scum
6) Red Ryu - Scum
7) Zigsta - Null
8) T-block - Town
9) Omni - Town
10) Pierce - Town
11) Pado - Null
12) Hilt - Null (hasn't posted yet?)
13) Shaya - Null (hasn't posted yet?)
The important thing to note is that there's no reasoning presented beyond "Hasn't posted?", which is exactly the kind of list I refer to scum using.

Rajam

Smash Champion
The RVS non-sense is fun. fun fun fun friday fun
( breadcrumbing a c-claim to RR here btw
)

I'm also trying to evolve into the ultimate trollish style who shall reign in mafia games forever and ever aleluia lalalala * musical note *

No one claimed Smithy. I think someone is lying. Making some progress here

ok that was it. Troll style doesn't really fit me so I'll just press B and cancel the evolution

unvote

~ end of RVS non-sense ~

-------------------------------------------------​

Chibo if you were mafia this game which strategy would you follow?
you say which strategy like you presented me with a list of them and told me to choose one <_<
I didn't present a list of strategies because I want you to explain me which strategy or plan would you make or usually follow when you get a scum role
like now
. My vote on you was because you didn't answer (+ a little of RVS), despite I think the question was pretty clear. So, if you were scum here which strategy or plan would you make?

Uh, why did this happen? Rajam, what was your reasoning for voting Raziek here? I'm uncomfortable that this went completely overlooked. We're moving out of RVS here.
Because he was defending T-block from RR, and wasted a chance to make pressure for trying to gain some town-points instead. That's scum behavior as demonstated by scum-X1 in certain ongoing game.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Query for Rajam: If that was all supposedly RVS nonsense, why did you persist with it when we were all obviously interested in moving out of RVS? (Except Red Ryu, it seems)

Rajam

Smash Champion
lol @ "persist". RVS lasted 2 pages, a couple of hours, and like 8 or less posts for me. Also, look at the first statement in my #221. RVS too good for trolling

Rajam

Smash Champion
Omni do you think players should say and/or explain their town reads? I've seen diverse responses to this issue and I'd like to hear your stance

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
You know the story for Super Mario RPG? Same one here. Flavor and jazz. Smithy is bad.

<image deleted>

Day 1 Begins.
With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for Friday, April 29th, at 3:00 p.m. EST
Game begins around post 41...
Staying in RVS may be okay, but it's not ideal. We clearly have you asking somewhat serious questions - people could be commenting on that, but instead are throwing around random votes still. Why stay in RVS longer than we have to?

I did misread your post lol - I do not like the question though. I think it is a loaded question disguised as RVS, or an attempt to get out of RVS. You are essentially asking me who I think the strongest players in the game are... I can see scum benefiting from that sort of information more than town does.
it's not solely based on strength; it could also be based on relationship or your previous experience with other players. or how well you know a certain player. or how well you mesh.

i've asked this question many times via RVS stage and everyone has answered it. it's not loaded unless you're worried or concerned about leaving some kind of opening
Raziek - We think alike and would probably work very well together
Shaya - Always seems to play a strong scum game =x

@Everyone: Comment on the interaction between Omni and me please.
We're pretty clearly moving out of RVS by this post.
Do we massclaim now?
abcdefg

fbg

dbaaec
vote: Chibo
Then you post these.

It's not quite as "persistent" as it seemed, since you had a long gap in posting, but the unsupported votes throw people off, since we've clearly made the effort to leave RVS.

Like, really? abcdefg fbg dbaaec?

I understand you explained the motivation for those posts AFTER, but all it did was confuse people and distract Town at the time.
Omni do you think players should say and/or explain their town reads? I've seen diverse responses to this issue and I'd like to hear your stance
Please answer my question regarding Pierce's list, if you would.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
It's just a game and it's for fun, that is why I play how I play.
This doesn't answer why you're playing differently than every other mafia game I've seen you in, including Resident Evil (ongoing) in DGames.

We'll refrain from discussing it specifically, since I'm replacing Adum in that one, but is "I give up trying to look Town" REALLY your reason?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
EBWOP Ninja: Why the vote on Pado? I understand he's playing very much like he always does, but again, no reasoning?

Back up your votes, people.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
This doesn't answer why you're playing differently than every other mafia game I've seen you in, including Resident Evil (ongoing) in DGames.

We'll refrain from discussing it specifically, since I'm replacing Adum in that one, but is "I give up trying to look Town" REALLY your reason?
Many assumptions here.

I'm playing this way, because I am, that is your answer. I never give up in anything game wise, ever.

Also don't bring that game up again, tis a no no to J to talk about it outside of the game itself. It's not fun fun fun fun.

EBWOP Ninja: Why the vote on Pado? I understand he's playing very much like he always does, but again, no reasoning?

Back up your votes, people.
...are you serious?

Try looking at his post without going, "wtf?" I'm getting rid of bad town/obvious scum, win-win imo.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
You clearly haven't played with Pado before. He plays this way as both Town and Scum, it's not a tell for him. It's just how his thought process filters out.

It doesn't make him scum, and while filtering out "difficult to read" players isn't necessarily a bad thing, I'd rather we hunt ACTUAL scum.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Man I see 6 people viewing and no posting, Guy remember, "Partyin', Partyin' Yeah!, partyin', partyin' yeah!"

You should join the party, aka post more please and thank you.

@Pierce: Scum read on me, reasons?

@Rajam: You gonna play like FE mafia?

@Raziek: Why so concerned for how I play? Also no, he can die if he is gonna post like that. Those posts sent me giant red flags even if it is his playstyle the same way Zen in any game does.

@Pado: Can you self vote for yourself? K thx bai

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm concerned for how you play because a non-chalant IDGAF attitude rubs me the wrong way, and it makes people hard to read. Certainly doesn't make you look Town when you absent-mindedly brush off pressure, either.

Pado may be confusing, but his opinions are still there, and his attitude doesn't offend me, so it doesn't bother me.

Padô

Smash Lord
How about we reach a consensus that the RVS phase is already over?

@T-Block

Yes, what I said is pretty obvious but they are still possibilities, there's no way we can explain such happening early in the game without being that obvious or going 99,9% by gut reads.

@Raziek

If people start justifying their random votes using the RVS argument... Would you be fine with this? For you, is the RVS phase gone now?

Rajam

Smash Champion
Right now, here is how I feel about each of the following players

1) Rajam - Scum
2) Raziek - Town
3) UTDZac - Null
4) ChiboSempai - Town
5) Krystedez - Scum
6) Red Ryu - Scum
7) Zigsta - Null
8) T-block - Town
9) Omni - Town
10) Pierce - Town
11) Pado - Null
12) Hilt - Null (hasn't posted yet?)
13) Shaya - Null (hasn't posted yet?)
How can you make a list with so many no-nulls this early?
This list is indeed too early and probably will only biase your oppinion and several players' oppinion later. Please don't put these reads in stone

The T-block/Raziek/Red Ryu/Omni interaction was interesting and helped in moving us out of RVS, but nothing more. At least for me, all that was a whole null

Pierce, which do you think are truly sympthoms of scumminess? like, do you think flavor-talking is scummy?

Not liking Pierce so far. Following on votes seemed like fake-contribution to me. That list this early will probably misguide you and us if you commit to it too much, with so much null-ness so far.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Man I see 6 people viewing and no posting, Guy remember, "Partyin', Partyin' Yeah!, partyin', partyin' yeah!"

You should join the party, aka post more please and thank you.

@Pierce: Scum read on me, reasons?

@Rajam: You gonna play like FE mafia?

@Raziek: Why so concerned for how I play? Also no, he can die if he is gonna post like that. Those posts sent me giant red flags even if it is his playstyle the same way Zen in any game does.

@Pado: Can you self vote for yourself? K thx bai
What's with FE mafia?
I don't think I played bad, and I still consider that game was unbalanced towards scum

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
@raziek, I'm not sure what you're getting at.
Someone being open with opinions isn't a bad thing by any stretch.
Why do you feel it's a bad thing? "hasn't posted yet = null" is a scum tell?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
FE mafia WAS ridiculously anti-Town, but that's besides the point. Rajam played fine in that one, IMO.

@Shaya:

Someone being open with their opinions isn't necessarily bad, but like Rajam has just added, it biases opinions early on, may plant bias in the minds of other players, and since the whole list is unsupported, I dislike that he listed EVERYONE.

There's nothing wrong with saying "I think X is Town", but lists like that only serve to create bias, and I support this through my use of such tactics as scum.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
EBWOP: Forgot to add, feeling better about Rajam now. Consider my annoyance over RVS retracted.

Top Bottom