• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SUPER LION 4 - Villefontaine (near Lyon), FRANCE - August 7-9th-CONFIRM BEFORE AUG 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

EF Aqua

Smash Rookie
No, we are not going to play Brawl on behalf of EF because none of us have anything to do with it as far as Brawl is concerned.

...Yeah anyway, I booked a while back so I'm pretty much confirmed. Only have to decide whether or not I'll take my Wii and Cube. And I'm still up for planning some inexpensive Brawl money matches if people want to, although I'll probably try arranging some on the spot as well.

porc

Smash Journeyman
So i've been looking a bit into this again and it looks like i can get to metz ville for about 100 euro. Problem is i can't order train tickets or get the price from there to Lyon. Could someone check for me what it would cost me? And if it's a feasible price possibly buy them for me or something? =/

I should arrive at metz ville at 6:15 in the morning if anyone would bother checking it for me (and possibly some other danish gamers)
Oups I missed that.

This website is for you : http://www.tgv-europe.nl/nl/ ;)

stelzig

Smash Lord
Why does everyone think that danish = dutch? D=
Or am i supposed to navigate through that even though it is a dutch website? :)

I was personally using the german site bahn.de before which is also in danish (but as i said couldn't calculate prices from metz ville. Don't think i could order tickets either), so i take this might be able to as well?

Edit: Well found out how to change the language to english now (appreciate you wanting to give it in my own language though :p), so i'll check it out. :)

stelzig

Smash Lord
Hmm well i could find some train from metz ville to lyon there, but if i checked for a route from my own hometown it couldn't find anything... Now i'm getting a little worried there's more stations in metz ville or something D=

Edit: Same for Copenhagen :(
Guess i'll have to order tickets from different places then. But thanks for the help, i'll talk to some other danish players about it, doesn't look too expensive at the moment :)

Edit2: lol, can't even find a train from Århus to Copenhagen. I can think i can conclude it just doesn't actually have any data on the danish train service at the moment even though it does have station data. No way there wouldn't be a train going between the two biggest cities in the country on any given date :p

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Haha, ya I love smash64! Anyone going to the tournament that plays SSB64? I just got Melee last Saturday. It seems fun but I haven't played it too much. I have been mostly concentrating on Brawl. Trying to improve my game!
I'd love to play SSB64 =)
I play SSB64 and Melee. Both awesome games.

Gaki

Smash Journeyman
Maybe you could play a crewmatch against EF

Aqua, Tiersie, Gaki (ex-EF), emo (ex-EF), Renji (recruitee)

Only if the others want to ofcourse.
This will NOT happen. **** EF kthxbai

No, we are not going to play Brawl on behalf of EF because none of us have anything to do with it as far as Brawl is concerned.

...Yeah anyway, I booked a while back so I'm pretty much confirmed. Only have to decide whether or not I'll take my Wii and Cube. And I'm still up for planning some inexpensive Brawl money matches if people want to, although I'll probably try arranging some on the spot as well.
look at youre face!

Eehmmmm brawl crews whos up 5 vs 5 or 10 vs 10 if we have the free time for it.
Not only that i want to MM ****it.
Lemme know whats up.

EF Aqua

Smash Rookie
Pfft Gayki, I already answered the question for you so you can hush. Now stop messing up English grammar or I'll get Jarri to come along too. You know he likes you.

But yeah, I'm all for Netherlands Brawl crewmatches.

stelzig

Smash Lord
tonberry we are playing ssb64 at this too, hands down! I might bring my n64 :p unless you wanna play crappy emulation :<
I'd recommend playing it on the wii (now that it finally released on VC), unless you happen to somehow own some good N64 controllers :p

auroreon

Smash Ace
Your a bad naughty pirate Willz!
You better go and pay Nintendo for all the hard work, time, effort and cash that they put into uploading an un-modified ROM of a game released nearly a decade ago onto the Wii Shop channel without enhancing it in any way in order to cash in on their new-found expanded audience by selling them ROMs of games they can already purchase on physical media for less.
Shame on you.

stelzig

Smash Lord
VC prices are not bad at all lol, and as i just said N64 controllers in good condition are extremely rare so it's a very good deal... Unless you indeed are a "naughty pirate" as you so described it ;)

Edit: Looking at ebay people are surprisingly actually also selling it for about the same price mate (well except for one crazy guy selling it for less than 3 dollars... And another for less than 2) so your sarcastic message on that area is not even very justified :p
You can then also go ahead and consider that alot of people may not own an N64 any longer, or previously tried these games, but never owned one... Or finally the group you even mentioned yourself never tried them before, but now get the change to at a good price. It's a hell of a good service that really doesn't overprice.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Your a bad naughty pirate Willz!
You better go and pay Nintendo for all the hard work, time, effort and cash that they put into uploading an un-modified ROM of a game released nearly a decade ago onto the Wii Shop channel without enhancing it in any way in order to cash in on their new-found expanded audience by selling them ROMs of games they can already purchase on physical media for less.
Shame on you.
I blame Trio he told me how to do it. I've already bought loads of games off VC and Smash 64 wasn't even on VC until now (loads of people downloaded it before it was even released in Japan by using WADS if you didn't even know). So yeyeyeyeyyeyeyeyyeeye...

Mr-R

Smash Champion
what the f*k is everyone talking about all of a sudden !

auroreon

Smash Ace
(loads of people downloaded it before it was even released in Japan by using WADS if you didn't even know). So yeyeyeyeyyeyeyeyyeeye...
lol, I'm well aware of the use of WADs. Afterall, I wrote the first complete guide on how to install them and maintained the most comprehensive download of VC releases for a while.

Also, does anyone know if there are any good IC mains coming to this?

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
If you are talking about Melee, Urulok is likely to come, in brawl in spain we have ( and are coming) Mikel and Joan , both second IC and **** with them.

wow , many Falco ditto MMs xD

istudying

Smash Lord
lol, I'm well aware of the use of WADs. Afterall, I wrote the first complete guide on how to install them and maintained the most comprehensive download of VC releases for a while.

Also, does anyone know if there are any good IC mains coming to this?
Any good Climbers would be me.:chuckle:

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
bring it on *****es !
2009 Jaydee Comeback Power !
You'll all get to :
combo my mighty falco
edgeguard my mighty falco
low% kill my mighty falco
see me without my mighty hair
see me drink mighty coke all the time

and tons of other very interesting stuffs :)

If you do not attend, you're a *****.

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
bring it on *****es !
2009 Jaydee Comeback Power !
You'll all get to :
combo my mighty falco
edgeguard my mighty falco
low% kill my mighty falco
see me without my mighty hair
see me drink mighty coke all the time

and tons of other very interesting stuffs :)

If you do not attend, you're a *****.
Sweet. I'll attend just to witness all those mighty actions.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Singles should have pools. Teams I don't think so.
Actually, I would be more precise and say that if we have enough teams to make it interesting, we'll have a round of pools.

Brackets will be double elimination or single =o?
What else would you want ? Best of 1 for pools and losers brackets ? :laugh: (Yeah Frenchies, I know, I'm nasty :lick:)

But seriously, I'm a bit shocked when I see this kind of question. As JD said, singles elim brackets are totally outdated, and double elim tournaments have been replacing them for a long time in the smash community. There's no reason to change that ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom