• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

bassem6

Smash Lord
Oh poo....I think its gonna be
karate Joe
announced tomorrow guys. Just watched the new papa genos vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IfYEpI6xbE and it has drastically changed my expectations for tomorrow.

I have a gut feeling that this "leak" is true as it seems like too much of a coincidence for the
rhythm heaven/karate joe
blog post pics to match up with the blog post that was missing from the jp site due to the delay of the direct. Expectations have been severely lowered.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
There was the theory that the reason for the delay of the Direct because there was some kind of Earthquake imagery in the Direct. It’s speculated that if that were the case the most likely outcome would be that, because of him being synonymous with the Earth element, Isaac was and still is the reveal.

Dunno if that holds any water, or if even that’s what y’all are referring to, but there it is.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys I'm from the Skullkid thread. Want to wish you guys the best of luck! I would love it if both the Sun and Moon shines tomorrow! :)
Thanks! A Sun and Moon reveal would be my ultimate wish granted and I would never ask anything else from Sakurai ever

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Bothers! Manifest positive vibes for tomorrow we need our boy in smash!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There was the theory that the reason for the delay of the Direct because there was some kind of Earthquake imagery in the Direct. It’s speculated that if that were the case the most likely outcome would be that, because of him being synonymous with the Earth element, Isaac was and still is the reveal.

Dunno if that holds any water, or if even that’s what y’all are referring to, but there it is.
I don't think that's the theory in question though. That theory is just general speculation, not attributed to any one person. Also that theory also kind of ignores that the majority of the Direct presumably won't be Smash, and anything in that chunk could be the offending material as well.

I think the theory in question might be JaidynReiman JaidynReiman 's, what with the blog post numbering and whatnot.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Oh poo....I think its gonna be
karate Joe
announced tomorrow guys. Just watched the new papa genos vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IfYEpI6xbE and it has drastically changed my expectations for tomorrow.

I have a gut feeling that this "leak" is true as it seems like too much of a coincidence for the
rhythm heaven/karate joe
blog post pics to match up with the blog post that was missing from the jp site due to the delay of the direct. Expectations have been severely lowered.
who even asked for him? that would be so lame!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Greetings from the Skull Kid support.

Just here to wish you all luck, I have personal doubt, but I wouldn't mind be wrong about Isaac.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
The Karate Joe leak fails the very basic test of giving the correct post number to the memory pictures; it's off by at least two as memory serves as it doesn't account for the trailer and character video posts. Have faith!

link2702

Smash Champion
From the geno boards here, good luck to y’all. One of our favorites is bound to get revealed tomorrow.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
At the time the Karate Joe leak came out, what was the current post number anyway?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It is interesting that the Karate Joe leak is using the pertinent number of 134 prior, afaik, to the theory arising days later.

However, it seems all Karate Joe media is under a folder titled "134". Even if the folder was a composite of all the Karate Joe content... the memory pictures shouldn't be labeled post 134, as said, which makes their filenames of 134_1, 134_2 and 134_3 dubious.

At the time the Karate Joe leak came out, what was the current post number anyway?
The last post had been 133, Alolan Exeggutor. The date in the leak says 07/09, when the Direct was suppose to air (in Japan).

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
It is interesting that the Karate Joe leak is using the pertinent number of 134 prior, afaik, to the theory arising days later.

However, it seems all Karate Joe media is under a folder titled "134". Even if the folder was a composite of all the Karate Joe content... the memory pictures shouldn't be labeled post 134, as said, which makes their filenames of 134_1, 134_2 and 134_3 dubious.

The last post had been 133, Alolan Exeggutor. The date in the leak says 07/09, when the Direct was suppose to air (in Japan).
So, the leak just picked the next number and shoved everything into it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So, the leak just picked the next number and shoved everything into it.
It appears to look that way. However I believe this leak predated the fanbase picking up on the numbering system, which is interesting nonetheless.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I was just about to note this. 147 is definitely a stage, 140 is music. 143 being skipped I'm taking as confirmation of a new IP reveal tomorrow . This is probably an item, AT, or (unlikely) a stage, but either way, a mere random reveal would not need to be skipped if it wasn't relevant to the Direct, and if this was an existing IP, they have plenty of existing material to work with and don't need to hide anything extra.

Just for clarification, 143 won't show up tomorrow because 134-137 are probably showing up tomorrow, though 137 might be pushed to Sunday.

144 and 145 have to be two separate updates, and 144 is probably a fighter given its a Sunday reveal. So that means either 144 is a fighter without a memory or both are fighters without memories, but I'm betting 145 is actually an AT/item instead.
If nothing else it makes me happy that it looks like we're getting a new stage.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Is this all related to the Karate Joe leaked images and/or the leak with the icons in the Windows PC?

Because IIRC those were pretty solidly debunked.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Here ya guys go, I finally finished editing it. :p
Welcome to that town I never remember the name of but it's the starting town.

It's quite wet.

Wandering into the healer's place...

I WANTS IT!

Have some highlights when talking/mind reading

Yes. I Mask am a huge jerk.

And so we leave the town

But not before getting a plot point to work on.

So let's go deal with th-

MASK ECHO CONFIRMED

*ehem* Anyways let's go rescue some kids for some reason

At this place.

We did it! :D

All right, let's go onwards!

By which I mean let's accidentally take the wrong path and miss a place I need to go first. Cause hindsight is 20/20.

Have some random things that are in this place.

Fascinating.

And so we contin-

DJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINN! MUST. GET. DJINN. Ow my head. DJINN!

By landing on its head, we get a pound cake- I mean pound cube. We can now hit people on the head. (What we can't do that? Oh fine) We can now pound in posts.

And so I finished the Plateau, and went to a boat.

Where Kraden instigates a conversation about a boat, and Ivysaur makes fun of Kraden calling it a Thingie.

So now I traversed back all the way and took the other path.

A temple = An Old Person = Something for me! :D

Time to go in-

...No.

Imma sneak in.

By finding a way into their well, also Kraden instigates a conversation count: 2.

Fun conversation time!

That Monk is a meanie.

So entering the place, a treasure chest is pretty much straight ahead.

And now... The greatest Psynergy ever.

BEAM!

Continuing on our way...

Poor monk that was to take the test slipped on a rock and fell over.

Continuing on we reach these weird spouts connected to platforms, if you cover one, the other one launches stupid hard into the air. Somehow you don't fall off those when it shoots up.

We get the first of the equippable class items. I might actually use these to have variety, since I hardly ever used them in previous playthroughs. Spent a while in this dungeon thinking who I'd prefer to have it.

Almost done with the dungeon...

DJINN! CANNOT REACH!

Here we have a take on the "walk on hot coals" thing that monks do.

But we're not monks.

We have magic hands.

So you know how this is supposed to be a test for monks? So uhh... how good are monks in a fight?

Cause the dungeon ends in a boss fight. At this point I decided to give Ivan the card for good.

Old man banter incoming.

This concludes old man banter.

Now with Lash in tow, let's go get our friend the Mercury Djinn.

BEAM!

We talk/mind read the monks before leaving since their text changes after finishing the dungeon.

And now to go deal with the kids for reals.

And they talk about a lil guy.

DJINN!

BEAM!

No frost, no progress.

So we rescued the kids, they must be grateful, right?

Nope.
Next time I move on, hopefully taking less screenshots. :p

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about you guys, but I would be pretty excited if Karate Joe (or Chorus Kids for that matters) got announced tomorrow. Rhythm Heaven is a pretty awesome franchise that could definitely use some representation, and at the very least it would be unexpected and interesting. I'm not saying I believe the leak at all, but not seeing Isaac tomorrow doesn't deconfirm him in any way. I'm sure whatever Nintendo has planned will be exciting anyway (unless it's Incineroar or another Fates/Awakening sword wielder.)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't know about you guys, but I would be pretty excited if Karate Joe (or Chorus Kids for that matters) got announced tomorrow. Rhythm Heaven is a pretty awesome franchise that could definitely use some representation, and at the very least it would be unexpected and interesting. I'm not saying I believe the leak at all, but not seeing Isaac tomorrow doesn't deconfirm him in any way. I'm sure whatever Nintendo has planned will be exciting anyway (unless it's Incineroar or another Fates/Awakening sword wielder.)
I like Chorus Kids because they're so different, but, to me, Karate Joe, given all the craziness Rhythm Heaven has to offer, just seems a bit uninspired as an addition. I'm always for new series in Smash though, and I'd take Karate Joe over nothing from Rhythm Heaven.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I like Chorus Kids because they're so different, but, to me, Karate Joe, given all the craziness Rhythm Heaven has to offer, just seems a bit uninspired as an addition. I'm always for new series in Smash though, and I'd take Karate Joe over nothing from Rhythm Heaven.
I agree with this. Karate Joe as a character doesn't really live up to the zaniness of Rhythm Heaven in my opinion.

I feel like Rhythm Heaven has enough material to create a unique creative moveset without having to resort to using a character that is literally already a fighter.

I feel like if the Chorus Kids were planned for Smash 4 then if we're getting a Rhythm Heaven rep in Ultimate it'll be them. I don't really see a reason for them to change course at this point.

Last edited:

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I feel you on that. If given the choice I'd take Chorus Kids every time but I'm sure Sakurai would still find something interesting to do with Karate Joe. I was mostly replying to the possibility f that leak being true (which I doubt) but I should have said that up front.

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I trust Sakurai's capacity to make something unique out of whichever rep is chosen. That being said, I don't believe the leak but if we do get a Rhythm Heaven rep I feel it actually helps the possibility of getting new/unrepresented franchises despite of the stage count

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Yeah, I feel you on that. If given the choice I'd take Chorus Kids every time but I'm sure Sakurai would still find something interesting to do with Karate Joe. I was mostly replying to the possibility f that leak being true (which I doubt) but I should have said that up front.
I've always been more of a Barista fan, myself. If one character had to represent the entire series, I would argue it should be one of the few who exists outside of the individual minigames, and Barista is the only one with a perfect attendance record. But I'd be excited to see Chorus Kids or Karate Joe. I mostly just wanna see some Rhythm Heaven, haha.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
How long do you think they'll spend talking about the online service?

Personally thinking it'll be pushing 10 minutes at least. Unless they don't have much else to say about it, which I guess could happen.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I trust Sakurai's capacity to make something unique out of whichever rep is chosen. That being said, I don't believe the leak but if we do get a Rhythm Heaven rep I feel it actually helps the possibility of getting new/unrepresented franchises despite of the stage count
Not saying you couldn't come up with something creative for Karate Joe, but that's the point. Sakurai can come up with something unique for whoever he's chosen, so I hope he chooses someone a bit crazier, a bit more unorthodox for a fighting game than a monochrome karate dude in a gi.

How long do you think they'll spend talking about the online service?

Personally thinking it'll be pushing 10 minutes at least. Unless they don't have much else to say about it, which I guess could happen.
Whatever they end up saying, it better be a lot more incentivizing than what we know about the service currently. Though I doubt it will be. -_-;

Last edited:

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
*pants* Caught up... again... *wipes sweat* Hoo boy... I had a roughhh day yesterday (technically because 1:35 AM here). What do you think was(were) the reason(s) for the delay to begin with?

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Well guys imma wake up tomorrow and i will be with the Isaac, Geno and Shantae thread watching the whole direct unravel

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Maan I'm probably gonna have to either watch it while working or hold off on watching the direct til I get home, and keep a window open that has the nintendo direct on it.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Let the 6 remaining hours of my struggle to tame my hype through night shift begin q _q

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Coming in from the Bandana Dee thread to wish y’all good luck! I don’t know much about Isaac or Golden Sun, but I’d really love to see someone able to use earth powers, and I feel like we got a high chance of seeing that happen through Isaac (or maybe Lycanroc). I do feel like Isaac’s got a decent chance of being revealed tonight. Best of luck!

Also you may count me as a supporter.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If nothing else it makes me happy that it looks like we're getting a new stage.
This information doesn't confirm a new stage. If they skipped this week that would confirm a new stage. I think we will get a brand new one, but this isn't a confirmation.

Recently they've been showing off an existing stage every week same day as the music track (makes sense, music only plays on stages).

147, being between the Pikmin song and Ryu, is definitely a stage. That doesn't mean it's a brand new stage, but I am betting it's Isaac's stage (probably Venus Lighthouse but there's no guarantee Sakurai picks it instead of say Elemental Stars Chamber).

I don't think that's the theory in question though. That theory is just general speculation, not attributed to any one person. Also that theory also kind of ignores that the majority of the Direct presumably won't be Smash, and anything in that chunk could be the offending material as well.

I think the theory in question might be JaidynReiman JaidynReiman 's, what with the blog post numbering and whatnot.
Yes. When I listened to Billybo's video I knew he was talking about me. And for anyone asking it has nothing to do with the delay and everything to do with the rescheduled posts they've done.

At this point I'm fully confident in three things:
1.) It's one brand new fighter and one Echo.

2.) There's not enough new fighters for it to be a big Smash segment, which in my eyes suggests they're probably from the same franchise.

3.) There's more content they had to hide beyond just the fighters which screams "brand new IP" to me.

At some point I need to dig out all my posts and bookmark them. I should have done that to begin with.

Damnit. I'm so ****ing tired right now. I've been trying to fall asleep for the past several hours and just can't. At this point maybe I'll just try and stay up until the Direct. That'll also get my sleep schedule back in order and help me catch up in work... But if I fall asleep before the Direct I'm going to regret it.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I ordered Golden Sun online a few days ago, and coincidentally it's supposed to be arriving tomorrow. I would take this as a good omen, but the last time a game arrived the day of (or the day before in this case) a direct, was WarioWare Touched! right before the 8/8/18 direct, and we all know how that turned out. I'll try not to play it before the direct this time. I don't wanna accidentally curse Isaac's chance.

Edit: True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior I would like to be added to the supporter list. Can't wait to play Golden Sun

Last edited:

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Hey guys, just an intruder from the Shantae thread here. I did the same post in the Geno thread for the following reasons :
The Direct being very soon, I want to get prepared for what I think are the likeliest characters in order to get at least a bit hyped even for them who I don't really know. ( And that includes Isaac )
So tell me, why do you guys love him so dearly, what makes him so special to you ?

Also, good luck to you !! Hopefully some of us will leave the direct with their character announced

Last edited:
*barging in*

Hoi! Sorry to barge in :roll:

Only 14 hours before the direct! I'm coming from the Geno and Skull Kid threads to say:

I hope your dream of having Isaac in Smash comes true.

Cheers!

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
OMG I can’t find sleep ... too excited for the direct :drsad:
Meanwhile I was too tired to stay up and miss ton of good discussion inbetween... :drifloon:

On the Rhythm Heaven-rep I think could be nicest if we'd get both Chorus Kids and Karate Joe for a happy compromise. I think Kevin Fagaragan illustrated this concept best at Twitter with Marshall and Joe:

Personally I'd be fine with both Joe or Chorus Kids - the only concern I have is that can a rhythm-based playstyle be crafted up for this type of a rep... it's why I had leaned more on Joe due it being probably easier with him already being a fighter.

But back on GS... the remakes on Switch is a really lovely thought. I just hope it won't end up having some competition from other JRPGs, such as Octopath Traveler (unless Isaac being in Smash boosts the games' presence).

On that end I'm still appreciating this close huddling of the supporters between the "Big Guys" currently - sweetest thanks to all who've come to send the good wishes on our way!

It's also why I hope we get to see as many as possible. Go ultimate, and then beyond!

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Morning all! In just 14 hours we'll find out which character is in Smash. Hoping for my fave Isaac. But I will be happy with whoever we get!

But just in case Isaac is in, we need an anthem of celebration. Anyone have any ideas?

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
So tell me, why do you guys love him so dearly, what makes him so special to you ?

Also, good luck to you !! Hopefully some of us will leave the direct with their character announced
Thanks, friend. I suspect this is true for many of us here, but Isaac means a lot to me because Golden Sun was such a big part of my childhood. I didn't have a ton of games growing up, so I must have played the original Golden Sun some 5-6 times from start to finish. I loved the simple but nuanced combat, the brilliant graphics (especially for a handheld at the time), the Zelda-like puzzles combined with Pokemon-like Djinn collecting, the memorable characters, and the straightforward but compelling plot. The Lost Age was a brilliant sequel that is actually just the second half of the story, and I enjoyed it just as much.

Given how great the series was, I was sure it would go on to be a Nintendo mainstay on the level that Fire Emblem eventually became. I was sad when the series went dormant for a bit, but I was sure Isaac had a legitimate shot at getting into Brawl. Sure, we weren't as vocal as the Diddy, Ridley, Geno, or Dedede supporters, but it was a solid crew and I was sure Isaac would make the cut. The Assist Trophy reveal crushed me, but at least there was also a new Golden Sun game on the Horizon. Unfortunately, that sequel (Dark Dawn) was a critical and commercial flop (despite being perfectly serviceable, it just couldn't recapture the magic of the original two), and Nintendo put down the series for good. I put the series out of my mind for a while, until Sm4sh speculation season. At this point, Isaac seemed less likely than ever, and with Sm4sh's famous recency bias, I pinned my hopes on Shulk instead. That wish came true, but I never forgot about the Golden Boy. I saw that he performed decently well in the polls and was happy that others still remembered him, but I'm ashamed to say I'd basically lost hope, especially when he was cut as an Assist Trophy for no reason. The constant naysaying for 6+ years just wore me down and I convinced myself it could never happen.

Then Ultimate came around. When I started seeing longtime dreams coming to fruition like Ridley and K. Rool, and then again when Sakurai confirmed that he was going off the ballot, and yet again with the famous Twitter screenshot, I dared to dream again. The Isaac fandom has had its ups and downs over the years, but I really think this is the highest his chances have ever been. More importantly, it's now or never. If Isaac isn't in Ultimate, I don't think he'll ever be in Smash barring some kind of miracle, and Golden Sun will be firmly relegated to the archives of history, to be replaced by shinier, newer, (though equally worthy) series like Xenoblade. If Isaac DOES get in, however, it would be a vindication to all of us who have hoped against hope for so long. And maybe, just maybe, we could see the franchise rise from the grave once again. So you see, not only does Isaac mean the world to everyone here, the stakes for his inclusion are incredibly high for anyone who ever loved this series.

Last edited:

GoldenSunIsAlive

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, just an intruder from the Shantae thread here. I did the same post in the Geno thread for the following reasons :
The Direct being very soon, I want to get prepared for what I think are the likeliest characters in order to get at least a bit hyped even for them who I don't really know. ( And that includes Isaac )

Hey! Thanks, good luck to you to!

The games in this franchise are hands down the best I have played and I have played LOADS of games. (Solid 9s)
It also has a nostalgic reason, it was one of the first RPGs I have played (Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy before Golden Sun).

I got very obsessed with Golden Sun because of these reasons:

- The Story:
being on the wrong side for good reasons, while the good side was on it for bad reasons. Won't tell more)

- The characters: (All characters have a good reason to join the adventure, are well rounded, strong characters and are actually usefull throughout the whole game)

- The whole system working efficiently: (Djinns, Summons, Psynergy, Unleashes, Special items and Classes) as a child I got really obsessed with it and I still am, as the whole system is a masterpiece which no other RPG has done this well.

Last edited:

GoldenSunIsAlive

Smash Cadet
Coming in from the Bandana Dee thread to wish y’all good luck! I don’t know much about Isaac or Golden Sun, but I’d really love to see someone able to use earth powers, and I feel like we got a high chance of seeing that happen through Isaac (or maybe Lycanroc). I do feel like Isaac’s got a decent chance of being revealed tonight. Best of luck!

Also you may count me as a supporter.
Thanks! Good luck to you to!

I am quite confident we will get Isaac.

+ I would really like Bandana Dee to be in aswel, as he could have a nice moveset! (And I like spears aswel :p).

Top Bottom