• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

It's still crazy to me that I can have Isaac and Sora together here. Like, this shouldn't be real. But here we are. Hope I can squeeze one more post before this thread closes.

I can't wait for the day when Isaac FINALLY becomes a fighter in Smash. Then, Smash (for me) will feel complete. I honestly don't know what will happen in the future going forward, but all I can say is that it's been one crazy ride here for Ultimate. I hope that we never loose that flame of hope for Golden Sun and Isaac. If many fanbases can get their characters that were deemed "impossible" like Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo, Sora and more in Smash, we definitely can too. We just got to make the "Sun" shine much brighter, Adepts! I hope we'll be rejoicing in getting a new Golden Sun game soon. When that happens, we better make sure no one (including Nintendo) ever forgets this wonderful series.

It's been a real one with you all. While this thread ends, our love for Golden Sun does not. Nor ever! I hope to see you all elsewhere online. We shall continue our campaign for GS and we will get it back! ☀

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
There was a problem fetching the tweet

One more before the end.

My Top Mains.jpg

image0.jpg

I still can't believe how close I was to getting (almost) all my favorite characters in one place. It makes me both happy and sad at the same time. But it brings me hope that Isaac, Doom Slayer and others have a much better chance to be playable next game. I hope that day comes...

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Well looks like this is the final stretch before the Ultimate newcomer speculation threads get locked for good. Since we're on a new page I'll just quote my goodbye post again which contains the link to the new NintenZone social thread I made and some other goodies in there, also other long time peeps here made their farewells on the last page so it's worth turning back to check those out. Again it's been a pleasure speculating and cheering for Isaac's chances and the Golden Sun to rise again with you all over the past three years! Finally a very special heartfelt thankyou N3ON N3ON for the past few years running both the Isaac thread for both Smash 4 and Ultimate, we'll miss you and wish you all the best<3

With Sora released it was worth one final thank you to Sakurai

This is probably the last post I'll make on this thread with the Ultimate speculation boards about to close.
As @True Blue Warrior so kindly pointed out I created a new thread where we can resume all future related Golden Sun discussion in the NintenZone section:
https://smashboards.com/threads/golden-sun-franchise-discussion-thread.515645/

Also the #GoldenSun20 event is getting a second round on November 12 so we can still participate there. I'll be posting on relevant updates regarding that and future events in the NintenZone Golden Sun thread.

Also one final note it's worth noting there's an Isaac mod for Ultimate in development right now, it's worth keeping an eye on if you guys are interested.
https://gamebanana.com/wips/60474

Until next time it's been an absolutely wonderful and crazy ride speculating about Isaac here and we did a great job spreading the good word about Isaac and Golden Sun series over the past few years. With all the fan works and dedication I've been seeing on the rise I'm confident the series will be revived in due time and Isaac will eventually join the Super Smash Bros roster one day. Thank you for all the great memories and friends I've made over the years, you guys are the best =)
View attachment 334832

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Apparently the newcomer forums are being shut down? Ah, well shoot, that's a shame, though it'd been expected on my part. It's been an insane ride with ya'll, one I'm sure will continue well into the future. That energy we had before release was something i'll hold onto close to my heart for many years. And i'm sure, the dream of a beautiful rising golden sun will never die. I will do my part to keep that dream alive, as I am also sure many of you will also do the same. While this may be goodbye to Ultimate, it's far from a goodbye to Golden Sun, this community, to Isaac, or to the dream of smash. Thank all of you. If any of you would like to keep in touch, you should know I run the GS memes account with Soniclink. That'll continue far from now too. So long for now though, my fellow adepts.

Also for my money, the ending of the DLC does prove that fan demand still matters. Sora was both the hardest to get character, and the biggest demand ever. The odds are on our side now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom