• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Summer of Smash: Week #7 - EVO 2016 and Co.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And so it was fortold...

Mega Man jumped up with the top tiers of old.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
*smugness intensifies*

Perpetually underrated Megaman and Villager making top 8 and the best Villager finishing a set by eliminating the best Rosalina with an axe to the face. Today was a good day.

-Tornado-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
I_Beat_You
Hey guys
Counterpick Meta

plz don't kill i'm so sorry
EDIT: My track record of predictions is so bad right now

Last edited:

Celes_

Smash Rookie
I get why ZeRo decided to go Sheik since she does very well against Megaman, but Kamemushi already beat Mr. R and VoiD who definitely have better Sheiks than him right now.

Granted both of them SD'd, but that game 3 against VoiD was convincing. ZeRo also let his nerves get the best of him again this set and started dropping his confirms and playing to defensively while repeating the same mistakes he's gotten punished for.

Still, great showing from ZeRo and especially Kamemushi. Interested in seeing how far Kame's Yoshi will take him against Ally.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
EVO 2016 (July 15th-16th) (Southwest) (2637 Entrants) (Category 4)
1st: Ally :4mario:
2nd: Kamemushi :4megaman:
3rd: TSM | ZeRo :4diddy:
4th: CLG | VoiD :4sheik:
5th: Ranai :4villager:
5th: Abadango :4mewtwo:
7th: DT | Dabuz :rosalina:
7th: Elevate | Larry Lurr :4fox: :4dk:
9th: PG | Trela :4ryu:
9th: Marss :4zss:
9th: Earth :4pit:
9th: Vinnie :4sheik:
13th: KEN :4sonic:
13th: Liquid | Nairo :4zss:
13th: Mr. E :4marth:
13th: Oni | Day :4lucario:

Zelder

Smash Journeyman
Sponsors better be crawling over broken glass to get Ally on the phone right now, lol.

Meanwhile, Panda Global solemnly looks out the window, muttering under their breath.

Last edited:

Appledees

Smash Apprentice
That was the ****test leaf shield I've ever seen in the entirely of this game

I'm so upset lmao

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
I still want that squash vid.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
8 characters in top 8...

This is the only Smash game you'll see that, folks.

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I was yelling at my monitor for the stupidest thing.

"Ally looking like a Mega Man boss! Fireball man? I think he'd be Plumber Man, right? Plumber Man? Maybe Kick Man?"

NO. IT'S JUMP MAN.

JUMP MAN. THIS ISN'T HARD.

YOU HAD ONE JOB, TK. ONE JOB.

JUMP MAN.

SHEESH.

Ninety

Smash Journeyman
Fair to say Ally's usurped ZeRo as the top Smash 4 player right now. 2GGT Civil War is gonna be hype.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So now that Megaman is getting nerfed somehow in patch 1.1.7 since Mario is "balanced" and will never get nerfed, I wonder how the tiers shall look...

Kinda joking btw don't take this serious.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I'm gonna eat some waffles and syrup for breakfast to thank my God Ally

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Is it too hard to let Ally/Anti get to grand finals or win a tournament without overhyping Mario and saying he is top 5 people?

Last edited:

Ninety

Smash Journeyman
How the **** is it overhyping at this point dude. What does Mario have to do at this point to merit top 5 in your eyes.

Last edited:

MistressRemilia

Smash Journeyman
So now that Megaman is getting nerfed somehow in patch 1.1.7 since Mario is "balanced" and will never get nerfed, I wonder how the tiers shall look...

Kinda joking btw don't take this serious.
Just hoping Regi's 17th place with Game&Watch ( & Corrin, secondary CP for DOOM's Rosa proved to be quite useful, that combo is still fairly vulnerable to Diddy but it's otherwise really good ) doesn't go unnoticed.
I said it countless times, this character has nothing to do with the likes of Kirby & fellow Higher Low Tiers.

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Is it too hard to let Ally/Anti get to grand finals or win a tournament without overhyping Mario and saying he is top 5 people?
Dude, Mario singlehandedly won EVO. I think that's more then enough to prove that he's Top 5.

Congratulations to Ally on his EVO win.

Appledees

Smash Apprentice
Despite Kame's screw up at Ally....He was adapting to the matchup incredibly well

and christ during the Zero matches he was reading Zero like a book and made it look really easy. Also Kame seems to just make the Sheik MU not look so miserable and I honestly wonder how he does it

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Ally and Anti have done well enough with Mario for him to be considered top 5. Between them, they've won CEO, EVO, Smash n Splash 2, and GOML. I'd say it's a fair bit more than hype at this point.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
Congrats to everyone for an awesome tournament, and a big congratulations to Ally for taking the whole thing!

I wasn't able to watch past Abadango's last stand because I needed to pick up my dad from the airport, so I look forward to re-uploads on Youtube in the near future.

Top Bottom