• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Stuff that ends in fair..... A Sheik Social Thread!

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Lol teczero I'm in the same boat. I only had one real class this semester, and it wasn't even hard. Still did what I needed to do to keep my gpa tho lol.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
3 out of my 4 classes don't have hw this semester so iunno man :3c.

I ****ING HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!

my next 48 hours:

2000 word research paper
Data structures & algorithms exam
Calc 2 exam
3 Data structures assignments
1 Databases assignment
1 Computer Systems Organization assignment
2 Chapters of Calc hw

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i'm a junior, chemistry major. next semester i'll have physical chemistry and biochemistry to deal with, so i probably won't be quite as free. which is unfortunate, cause i'll be living very close to, if not with, dr peepee. this semester, i just didn't have anything real i could take because of ordering except for organic chemistry, which has been free for me this semester.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Yikes, I heard biochem is brutal good luck with that man.

Physical chemistry I feel like my friend showed me was a ton of differential equations, which would be really interesting.

Living with PP sounds pretty interesting, so much practice that can potentially be attained lol

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, and i don't know calculus anymore, so it's gonna be a problem unless they teach it in the class. i knew a lot more calculus when i was 16 than i do now at 20 -_-. i made it through physics with calculus with an A and a B+ somehow, but a lot of electricity things didn't quite make sense, since it sometimes involved partial derivatives and surface integrals and the like. invoking calculus will have me struggling a little bit, but i'm just glad i didn't actually have to take differential equations as a class to graduate.

plus, even if i graduate coming out sideways (as in, get a C in those classes) my gpa could probably only drop to like a 3.9 lmao.

i should probably do grad school myself, but i just really don't feel like it. what are you studying, teczero?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
xD there isn't too much partial diff eq in EM physics. There can be but unless you take like advanced level physics (like senior level) they're usually not too bad *shrugs*

And man you have a good GPA lol.

I'm studying Electrical engineering, pretty excited too since I'm about to be done with my masters in like 3 weeks :)

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, unc-greensboro was/is pretty free for me lol. and yeah, they were mostly just introducing concepts, mostly things revolving around gauss's law; things i tried not to worry too much about that you probably understand decently.

did getting your masters take an extra 2 years? my advisor tried to get me started getting my masters next year, but i couldn't buy into it. woulda took me just one extra year after my bachelors, but idk, it just seemed like a lot of extra effort. you still at rutgers, right?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
yeah, unc-greensboro was/is pretty free for me lol. and yeah, they were mostly just introducing concepts, mostly things revolving around gauss's law; things i tried not to worry too much about that you probably understand decently.

did getting your masters take an extra 2 years? my advisor tried to get me started getting my masters next year, but i couldn't buy into it. woulda took me just one extra year after my bachelors, but idk, it just seemed like a lot of extra effort. you still at rutgers, right?
Yea, I mean most majors don't really need a deep understanding of EM anyway xD.

And my masters took me just 1 year. Most schools do a program that let you begin your masters during your undergrad which is what I did. I took 3 graduate level classes as an undergrad and then just took 7 classes the next year and I was done. And I go to NJIT actually haha.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I dont have AIM anymore and after searching i finally figured out who "the kawaii magacian" is on skype XD

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, that's the exact setup they were thinking of having me do for my masters in chemistry. it did sound pretty interesting and enticing, i just wish i knew about it earlier.

i hate to ask (simply because i hate answering this question myself) but do you have anything lined up for after graduation?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I dont have AIM anymore and after searching i finally figured out who "the kawaii magacian" is on skype XD
Who else right :3c

yeah, that's the exact setup they were thinking of having me do for my masters in chemistry. it did sound pretty interesting and enticing, i just wish i knew about it earlier.

i hate to ask (simply because i hate answering this question myself) but do you have anything lined up for after graduation?
It's pretty nice to get it for a little more school. You're a junior so you might still be able to do it.

Also as for me, I'm actually about to start my phd. I'm not sure if I'm going to pursue it all the way but I'm doing it to be in a research project with the army. After that, iunno I'm gonna see what my options are.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, but with this year coming to a close so soon, i would have had to do research this summer, but without a place to live, it wasn't really an option. i know having a BS in chemistry isn't exactly the strongest degree (not really the weakest either lol) but i'd honestly rather work my way up a corporate ladder than try to get a phD or even a masters right now.

it's partly me being black and lazy, and partly me just wanting to make my little bit of money now. i have a female that wants a ring, and the life i've lived so far suits me with an entry level chemist job and working up from there.

research with the army sounds awesome. does it continue down the EE path, or something a little different?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
From what I know about the military, they love researchers and fork over lots of research money. Personally, i'm skeptical about working for the military for a few reasons tho

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
yeah, but with this year coming to a close so soon, i would have had to do research this summer, but without a place to live, it wasn't really an option. i know having a BS in chemistry isn't exactly the strongest degree (not really the weakest either lol) but i'd honestly rather work my way up a corporate ladder than try to get a phD or even a masters right now.

it's partly me being black and lazy, and partly me just wanting to make my little bit of money now. i have a female that wants a ring, and the life i've lived so far suits me with an entry level chemist job and working up from there.

research with the army sounds awesome. does it continue down the EE path, or something a little different?
I can understand that haha, that how my friend is. She wanted to her degree but sometimes life gets in the way =//

And my research with the army is EE based. I'm going to be doing radar signal simulations for them.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Thanks Chris, hope school goes well for you too. Lemme know if you end up doing grad school.

I know I've seen you at RoM, hope you go to more stuff in the future man we should play.

I need to find some motivation to improve, I feel like I haven't had that in a while. =(

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
indeed, i appeared at rom. wish i had my sheik back then, maybe velocity would've been less of a problem -_- still, that tournament was one of my best (taking out mofo put at least a name people know on my list, even though ganon/ness is just plain bad lmao) i'm hoping to make it out to zenith, so maybe i'll see you there. if not there, then maybe FC?

also, try taking a stab at playing more ganon. the switch from ganon to sheik sorta motivated me to do a lot of different things (mostly because "a lot of different things" became viable options with this character...) but maybe doing some of the opposite could spark up something.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I'll definitely be at Zenith, its literally a 40 minute drive from me lol.

FC, I sorta doubt unfortunately =/

I'm actually considering playing ganon lol. I'm picking up a lot of fun characters just because like ICs, Link, Falco and Falcon.

I mean they're fun, just doesn't give me a reason to improve haha

Oh well, I'll figure it out.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yo, i want an IC's myself. just trying to figure out desyncs and ways to get hard knockdowns for jab resets make that character kinda cool. my sheik just needs to make a lot more progress before i go venturing down any more detours lol.

in slightly related news, i'm starting to figure out when to use uair instead of initial hitbox fairing all the time. that move combo's so much better than i ever thought it did...especially against marth...

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Haley never gave me a pep talk so my homework list is still huge. WTF HALEY I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS AJSHdahsdkjahskdhKAHSKDJakjsdhkjahsdKJAHSDKLak

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I was too busy practicing sheik vs puff yesterday with Vanz :3c

I'll probably be on Skype later today Joe. It's all about spreading your workload out so it's easy to deal with.

silentSWAG

Smash Lord
i need help with that match up too... i played grand finals in teams. ambix and i vs vanz and flipx, we beat them the first 2 then vanz switch to puff and ***** us.
i would post the link but im in school where youtube is blocked :(

Ambix

Smash Ace
i need help with that match up too... i played grand finals in teams. ambix and i vs vanz and flipx, we beat them the first 2 then vanz switch to puff and ***** us.
i would post the link but im in school where youtube is blocked :(
Camp her and don't get baited in to doing **** that will get you rested?

I play her the same way I play the iceclimbers. I'm just constantly aware of X move they're going to try and **** me with (rest/grab respectively).

**** i've been rested off of: dash attacks, rolls, jabs, air dodges, down smashes, bad DI, grab attempts.

When you take the rests out of the equation all that's left is This. Everyone will then have ye gaye olde time.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Camp her and don't get baited in to doing **** that will get you rested?

I play her the same way I play the iceclimbers. I'm just constantly aware of X move they're going to try and **** me with (rest/grab respectively).

**** i've been rested off of: dash attacks, rolls, jabs, air dodges, down smashes, bad DI, grab attempts.

When you take the rests out of the equation all that's left is This. Everyone will then have ye gaye olde time.
Hey ambix are you gay by any chance
just wondering

Top Bottom