• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Who actually uses Double Stick Teching in real matches?

I've pulled off quite a few... but yeah anyone smart wouldn't hit you with a DSTech-able move after a missed Rest anyways. ^^

Doing it to Falcon Pawnches and other Puffs' Rests = TOO GOOD.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Mango: Okay I just reread the first post (have you changed the Mang0 percentages??)

Other than Marth, is there a matchup I shouldn't nair a lot in?? Also playing a Marth who spams grab I'm using nair a lot should I????

Thanks

SnM-Rudolph

Smash Rookie
hey does mango still main jiggly. i was looking threw the cid discussion thread and all i saw was him using falco in the latest tournys

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Hbox your matches from that tourney were nice. Do work. :D

Also, no one posts here anymore. :( Especially not our Puff g0d Mang0.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
suppppp pufffffs

pbj im like 6 hours away from the venue lol

and ALL PUFFS... i 3-0ed jeff with falcon a week back

and i 3-0ed that peach that beat me on mute city after

ill post those when there up

<3 puffs

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
suppppp pufffffs

pbj im like 6 hours away from the venue lol

and ALL PUFFS... i 3-0ed jeff with falcon a week back

and i 3-0ed that peach that beat me on mute city after

ill post those when there up

<3 puffs
:DDDDDDDDDDDD

Mango how do you beat marth with jiggs?

I dont want anyone else on the boards to give me advice though your all scrubs :p
Well that's not very nice. lol.

idea

Smash Master
you could just stop using it, then. you could upthrow to combos or upair or techchase...

or just go to training mode and put fox on jump? does that make them jump as soon as possible? failing that ask a friend to do it.

as for differences...falco falls faster. not sure if the throw has more hitstun or not but either way falco falls faster. i often find it easier to double jump on fox after the upthrow...well, depending on percentages.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
you could just stop using it, then. you could upthrow to combos or upair or techchase...

or just go to training mode and put fox on jump? does that make them jump as soon as possible? failing that ask a friend to do it.

as for differences...falco falls faster. not sure if the throw has more hitstun or not but either way falco falls faster. i often find it easier to double jump on fox after the upthrow...well, depending on percentages.
I'll try the computer thing in a minute.
The video showing Uthrow Rest %s... forgot who made it... Fox goes up to like 10x and Falco to like 12x... and it shows the Uthrow and Rest as consecutive hits.

Edit: The computer on Jump makes them Jump from neutral position on the floor. :(
And as for consecutive hits... I can't even get them to connect for 2 at 65%. >_<
I don't get it.

Edit Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blZWslSgLC0
Magus<3

Haha juuust watched them, was gonna wait for Mango to post, but oh well. ;P

idea

Smash Master
lol i play the falcon matchup almost the same...just with worse edgeguarding and more rests. a lot more rests, actually. but probably not on SS <_<

idea

Smash Master
king's jiggs is so cool =)

i must say, though, if you watch both their recent sets vs. ss, you can really see the difference. mango makes himself harder to hit. iirc he also makes a point of being more unpredictable.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
I agree with both. King's Puff is too good, Mango's is way too good.

No rests in 2 matches :(

Definately rusty, still did nasty as hell vs one of the/the top Falcon. Can't wait to see more of him. ^_^

Mango rooting against a fellow Puff tho? :'(

doomfact0r

Smash Rookie
Hey all puffs I love the community here, you guys have given me inspiration to keep playing Jiggs even though my friends laugh at me :)

I could use some advice playing against sheik and samus tho. My friend who plays sheik gets me with ftilts and aerials faster than I can attack sometimes, and the guy who plays samus uses a lot of side-dodge mind games and good spacing for smashes. Anyone have any quick pointers/general tips to improve aerials? Nair works pretty well to a point but it gets tricky when they get back in position on the ground. Eh maybe I'm kinda scrub I'm still trying to learn how to incorporate rest combos into my game (other guy always DI's to safety :() but I can still hold my own alright. Anyways any help would be much appreciated :)

Jiggs forever!!

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Hey doom, glad to see you're sticking with Puff. ^_^

Uhm I'll try to throw in some general advice...

Aerials...

Fair and Bair are ****. Space them a lot. When you're out of range, float around and space aerials... when one connects, try to follow up with another, and another, and WOP WOP WOP. ^_^

Personally, I like to push across the stage with fairs... if they get shield campy, **** their shield with spaced Bairs... they have muchhhhhh more range than you think (Thanks Idea<3) ^_^

Personally I always do;
Full hop forward -> Bair -> Float Back -> Double Jump Forward -> Bair -> float out of their grab range.
Rinse & repeat. Shield break? :D

Nair out of shield is ****. Use it. ^_^
Try to land behind them so if you hit with the weak part of the Nair you don't get grab *****.

As for Rest... reliable Rest setups are...

Uthrow -> Rest on spacies
Uair -> Rest
Utilt -> Rest
Crouch Cancel -> Rest
Jump out of Shield -> Rest
L cancel'd Nair / Reverse L cancel'd Nair -> Rest

Watch Mango, King, and Hbox videos, and play a lot. You will ****. ^_^

All Puffs feel free to correct me if you disagree with any of this.

idea

Smash Master
that's a pretty trivial thing to laugh at you about =P

sheik's moves are faster than yours...so you pretty much have to be doing yours first. that basically means you have to play really patiently (read: campy). also try crouching. crouching works SO well on sheiks that don't really know the matchup.

as for samus...i dunno, be more patient there too. samus isn't hard for puff. sounds like you might be rushing into things. sidestep definitely shouldn't be working that well =P use shield a lot, samus isn't fast.

more generally:

sheik - crouch a lot. don't approach too hastily. played well on both sides, this ends up being mostly about spacing aerials, and bull**** crouching powers =P
- upairs and uptilts to rests, and sheik can't kill you too easily if you miss/they die off the side.
- edgeguarding: grab edge, sheik up-b's on to the stage, you rest her in the lag. if you're not confident about hitting that (it is kind of weird) then bair.

samus - use bair a lot. she can't get past it very well. most of your aerials beat her missiles. if you play really slowly and boringly samus has a lot of trouble here. just think of it from the samus' perspective.

you're samus...and this little ball keeps using a move with lots of range and priority, then floating far away from you...

- if she dash attacks you, shield it, then jump straight up and rest. do the same thing but jump towards her as necessary when her dsmash hits your shield, and i think fsmash if it's close enough. supposedly you can do this with a bunch of samus' moves, but i don't have a full list or anything. the dash attack one is just the easiest to get.

yeah, these aren't the most exciting matchups. with sheik i find that a lot of the time i have to make stuff up as i go, to trick the better character...but vs. samus i feel very safe using my various silly aerials.

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
What are some ways puff can get up onto the stage besides the regular attack, get up, and roll? You can't really waveland and jumping out w/ an attack can just be CCd sometimes =/

It's like I just cycle through the same 3 things.

idea

Smash Master
you could jump off and bair at them till they leave you alone, regrabbing the edge as necessary. it's pretty intimidating. if they're far enough away you could just jump back onstage.

spaced bairs would also beat CCed whatever. or if there's a platform you could gradually get up there.

most characters do have to cycle through those few options, but jiggs has 6 jumps =P

also, getup attack sometimes seems to weirdly push people away far enough, even when they're CCing. i always get into the habit of using it with other characters but it only works well with jiggs for some reason.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
What are some ways puff can get up onto the stage besides the regular attack, get up, and roll? You can't really waveland and jumping out w/ an attack can just be CCd sometimes =/

It's like I just cycle through the same 3 things.
If they're being really aggressive, make them feel silly. Ledgedrop by pressing away from the stage, then use your 5 jumps to float your way around them & back to the stage via platform, or put yourself into position for a Dair/Fair to help get you back safely.

Works really well for me. ^_^

Also, it's really risky, but ledgehop up-b. Put them to sleep, and get back onstage. lmao. Maybe even sneak in a Dsmash, Fsmash, Rest, or Rollout.

Edit: Idea's right. Also, sneaking in a quick ledgehop fair or two can scare them away.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
all u have to do 2 get up is like

do a drill of the edge

or a fair

or jump

or some ****

Alix

Smash Rookie
i seem to be having the most trouble against marth/sheik

could you expand on those 2 matchups
(i have read the first page) but is there anything else? ^_^

also against sheik, if they decide to go onett on you, what are the chances of winning --
should i just use a different character if i know they are going to counterpick that?
anything on the course that a puff could take advantage of?
it seems like puff gets @#$%@ on onett, HARD
though maybe its just me. xD"

Tamoo

Smash Master
Onett lol? havent played there in a while
I can imagine fox being quite **** against shiek there with all the waveshine infinites you can pull off there, save for the cars that come.
Jiggs loses her advantage of being able to recover everywhere but the platforms make for good places to combo and perform techchase rests, apart from that, i cant really think what on onett would benefit jiggs at all, cars waking you up from missed rests maybe lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom