• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
i am omnipresent.

i don't usually go to falco, falcon, dk, ness, peach, kirby, pikachu, mario, and gaw.

i don't really post to talk strategy much mostly just to tell dogy i want his body.

PB&J

Smash Hero
mango isnt overhyped just watch him play ken..and im pretty sure mango has been trainning or just ****** face laltely over there..i just think his falcon is overhyped thats all..but besides that he is pretty good ..can't wait to play him at genesis

idea

Smash Master
lol good point, nothing on this page pertains to the thread.

uhh...

so hbox

how come you never use rest?

it gets me probably more than half my kills. yet i manage to screw up simple edgeguards quite often =P seems odd we would play the character so differently.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
lol good point, nothing on this page pertains to the thread.

uhh...

so hbox

how come you never use rest?

it gets me probably more than half my kills. yet i manage to screw up simple edgeguards quite often =P seems odd we would play the character so differently.
He has been resting more.....unfortunately I know. >_<

But maybe if he was gayer with rests like Seibrick he would be even better.

idea

Smash Master
i use rest...lol

I use it when I'm sure. Especially against chars that can completely punish me.

I use it after u-throw, u-tilt, rolls toward me, and tech chases.

I'm just less risky...

But hey, it seems to be working for me, lol
no falling upairs to rest?

i guess that wouldn't really fit with your style though, you mostly space and stay away from them, and falling upairs means floating right onto them...although if you spend most of the game spacing bairs and then all of a sudden go at them and upair it'll really throw people off.

Edit: wow, am i really still the last person who posted here?

guys, how should i DI marth's fthrow? generally i know i should DI away and down, but it seems like there are times when i should have DIed differently, say to get hit by the weak part when only perfect DI will save you from not getting hit at all...i dunno, any percentages or general advice on that would be helpful.

idea

Smash Master
guys, how should i DI marth's fthrow? generally i know i should DI away and down, but it seems like there are times when i should have DIed differently, say to get hit by the weak part when only perfect DI will save you from not getting hit at all...i dunno, any percentages or general advice on that would be helpful.
so other people don't miss it.

i could try resting crazier.
who knows, i might get good at it and almost never miss.
it's definitely more fun. and it can really throw your opponent off. one day we were doing a bunch of friendlies and raynex told me i should try being more risky with rest, and just throw it out whenever in friendlies to get used to how it works and when you have the opportunity to.

he rues the day he told me that <_<

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Something I thought of while messing around.

I think someone should test doing D-throw near the edge sometimes instead of F-throw on space animals because if they bad DI the F-throw then nothing really changes whereas if they bad DI the D-throw they get Rested (or F-smashed) and it seems (if they DI away) they have to drop kind of low, which allows for homo gimps if you simply cover the area below the ledge with some sort of hitbox (like Dair, Fair, or Nair or really anything; you can beat the air-dodge + double jump ASAP that way really easy if you're fast, beat the sweetspot via firefox / double jump really easy if you're fast, etc).

But that's all theory and I'm too lazy to test any of it.

idk if any of that makes sense.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Well, at high percents when your F-throw robs them of the ability to drop low near the stage then you could very easily just use that and edgeguard normally.

This would be for low percents. Cheese Rests and gimps are too good.

Church

Smash Cadet
I noticed that you can up+b (sing) and immediately grab the ledge afterward (like, if you up+b just slightly above the ledge). Does this "singhog" have any use?

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Something I thought of while messing around.

I think someone should test doing D-throw near the edge sometimes instead of F-throw on space animals because if they bad DI the F-throw then nothing really changes whereas if they bad DI the D-throw they get Rested (or F-smashed) and it seems (if they DI away) they have to drop kind of low, which allows for homo gimps if you simply cover the area below the ledge with some sort of hitbox (like Dair, Fair, or Nair or really anything; you can beat the air-dodge + double jump ASAP that way really easy if you're fast, beat the sweetspot via firefox / double jump really easy if you're fast, etc).

But that's all theory and I'm too lazy to test any of it.

idk if any of that makes sense.
nuuuuuu my seeecreetttt

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I noticed that you can up+b (sing) and immediately grab the ledge afterward (like, if you up+b just slightly above the ledge). Does this "singhog" have any use?
lol, the ledge canceled sing can be deadly, but the effectiveness of the technique suffers from its tiny hitbox.

BlueFoxXT

Smash Journeyman
I do the singhog thing often, its funny when it actually puts someone to sleep but I have been punished for it. In rare use and in high-speed teams it's useful. Hell, I've done fullhop sing and put a good player to sleep in tournies, because it's so ******** and unexpected.

But don't try that cuz it doesnt really work often, I am just magic

Also

I forgot

to talk like Mango

in this post

Church

Smash Cadet
This is exactly what I'm talking about. I just never saw it mentioned anywhere. I found this when I CC and was sent flying horizontally and then canceled the knockback with up+b right next to the ledge. You can also put your opponent to sleep without triggering the sleep animation this way.

BTW, I'm sure this is old news, I just found it recently and thought it was interesting.

Tero.

Smash Champion
This is exactly what I'm talking about. I just never saw it mentioned anywhere. I found this when I CC and was sent flying horizontally and then canceled the knockback with up+b right next to the ledge. You can also put your opponent to sleep without triggering the sleep animation this way.

BTW, I'm sure this is old news, I just found it recently and thought it was interesting.
uses are limited, that's why you don't hear much about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom