• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doser

Smash Ace
Ya because people are too stupid to understand and only see what they want to see so I deliberately write nonsense just to see if i get something out of them.
Rofl great excuse, "I'M JUST PRETENDING TO BE THE VILLAGE IDIOT, THEY CAN'T UNDERSTAND THINGS SO I WRITE THINGS THAT ARE NONSENSE SO THEN THEY CAN'T UNDERSTAND IT BECAUSE THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND!"

Man it's such a great troll to pretend you are an idiot and then have people call you out on it. No one is mad at you, it's just like having a slow kid around that keeps saying the same things, it gets old even if we do pity him.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Now I think the peach boards are the coolest, since everyone is pretty acceptive of each other while still having a good sense of humor. Falco boards are where most of the serious talk happens and fox boards is like the falco boards' slow cousin

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Rofl great excuse, "I'M JUST PRETENDING TO BE THE VILLAGE IDIOT, THEY CAN'T UNDERSTAND THINGS SO I WRITE THINGS THAT ARE NONSENSE SO THEN THEY CAN'T UNDERSTAND IT BECAUSE THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND!"

Man it's such a great troll to pretend you are an idiot and then have people call you out on it. No one is mad at you, it's just like having a slow kid around that keeps saying the same things, it gets old even if we do pity him.
lol #winning

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Now I think the peach boards are the coolest, since everyone is pretty acceptive of each other while still having a good sense of humor. Falco boards are where most of the serious talk happens and fox boards is like the falco boards' slow cousin
Win. Win win win win win.

Wake

Smash Master
Peach boards are the best!

Divinokage

Smash Legend

Who's we in this situation, you're out of your mind lol. I'm totally happy, are you? =)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I've been learning recently just how much of a troll she is. Her tomahawks, her jabs...any silly thing she can do...it's all just super trolly.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
[COLLAPSE="I see we're discussing trolling"]
[/COLLAPSE]
+10 unoriginality

Doser

Smash Ace
Who's we in this situation, you're out of your mind lol. I'm totally happy, are you? =)
Terrible disguise of "umad". Let me put it this way, does a professor get mad when he flunks students who just write gibberish on an exam? I'm not mad that you're being stupid, I'm just pointing it out.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Terrible disguise of "umad". Let me put it this way, does a professor get mad when he flunks students who just write gibberish on an exam? I'm not mad that you're being stupid, I'm just pointing it out.
Oh you're so smart.. or at least you think you are. Because you are incorrect.. now go away.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Oh you're so smart.. or at least you think you are. Because you are incorrect.. now go away.
kage....come live in the midwest. this one guy "kels" thinks he's the **** when he loses to jigglypuffs. we need you to do the same thing to him except with ganon. and then walk on his face!!!!......well you don't have walk on his face, but you shoud beat him in tournament, :cool:.

idea

Smash Master
he could always learn the jiggs matchup with another character, it's not like she auto-***** the whole cast...although fox is clearly her worst matchup...

idea

Smash Master
well here's the thing about zelda. she wants to try to kick you. she has no other options. her kick has lag.

don't be afraid of her, that's what she wants. as a jiggs main you should know the importance of fear. zelda is a low tier, she has nothing to lose, no one is going to care if a zelda main loses a set to any halfway decent character. but if they win, OMG, A ZELDA BEAT WHO?!...so don't give them that inch.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Don't treat zelda like a ****ty character, because she really isnt. Its too bad you guys never got a chance to play cosmo, because that guy was amazing with zelda. After playing him for a while I ranked zelda roughly around ganon in tier. If you only play people who try to play zelda like other characters, you really aren't facing a real zelda.

The sad truth of the match-up is that zelda is strongest when the opponent is spacing away (trying to keep their distance). Zelda also isn't peach, zelda has decent range above her, so camping the top platform isn't really that reliable. You could do like andale did and ledge camp, but that didnt work out too well either.

Your best bet would probably be to stay close. Zelda doesn't have any answer to a ducking puff out of shield. If she isn't in shield she had dsmash (anti-cc tool) fsmash (hits low) and falling aerials. When you get close, zelda is usually forced to retreat or try to stand her ground. Abusing this would probably be your best bet in the matchup

idea

Smash Master
yeah exactly, so you go right up to her and wait for her to miss a kick. her kick goes through or trades with stuff the same way as knee.

or you can mix it up and fair her first, but that's risky.

also, "was?" did he quit or something?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
cosmo quit a year ago. He played at SMYM but he hasnt been to a local or smashfest since last nov AFAIK

and zelda's roll is really good and puff's roll coverage at that spacing is pretty bad. Thats probably where the most mixups will come from. Puff expects roll so moves to cover, zelda has a chance to WD or jump. Zelda jumps or WDs, puff can do a usmash or utilt to punish.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
How does Zeldas downtilt work, looks from the only "experience" i´ve had, watching random cpu zeldas that it works as some kind of wierd combotool(causing a flip animation, like puffs dair) that can link to dsmash?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
There is a little bit too much end lag on Zelda's down tilt for it to connect to a down smash unless it forces you to hit the ground and you don't tech.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Cosmo uses it to edgeguard sometimes due to its range. It can sometimes combo into a kick or a dsmash, but more often than not it just forces the opponent into recovering at an awkward angle that can be hit easier by zelda.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
try to be at around your fh height/platform height at a spacing where he cant just back up a little and laser you easily and he can't hit you with a sh nair/fair, and use that kind of spacing to get close enough to apply real pressure. lower and you tend to get SHL'd or locked in shield, higher and you're just not gonna scare him/he can get under you and be able to FH bair/utilt/stuff ilke that.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Thanks, guys. And why, Idea? Is it cause MUs are too complex to type out in a simple enough way? Or does Puff just work in general terms?

idea

Smash Master
'cause i've already answered that question like 5 times :laugh:

i think i wrote up a long thing on falco in one of the other threads in the jiggs boards. (yeah, there are other threads, weirdly enough.)

puff doesn't necessarily work in general terms, but i've noticed that a lot of puff mains do. i know that's how i think when i'm playing. whenever i type up specific things here, it's stuff i've realized in hindsight, or didn't even know i knew until someone asked. if i ever think about how to improve it's usually "i need to focus more on positioning" or "i need to use upair more." (both of which are true.)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I see. I feel like, of the top/high tiers, Peach and Jiggs (at least them, maybe Marth or Sheik as well) can work in general terms moreso than other characters, because it's less about moves and more about placement (if that makes sense).

I guess I'll try to find the post? This is going to take a while...

idea

Smash Master
hmm...mahone used to have a guide for various jiggs matchups and i think that's where i put the falco one...if i ever did get around to doing it <_< i'm only sure i did one for peach.

ehhh, wanna ask more specific questions?

BairJew

Smash Journeyman
thats mad crazy, I ran into something crazy today someone I was playing did some crazyy whack DI after being uthrown is that possible when facin puff? I thought that you could only smashDI fthrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom