• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
oh god that first clip... i almost played so well and then i fsmashed your shield. *facepalm*

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I was doing really well with puff last night, after not have playing her for a couple of months.

it felt like I should start playing her again, but I don't want to have to deal with the negativity of being a puff main.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
my puff has been really technical and aggressive lately, so maybe I can show them that camping bairs isn't the only thing she does.

hm.

I'll think about it.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
well. in the words of HugS, you know what's more boring? waiting your turn to play again.

but i mean yeah do whatever you like, just saying you shouldnt feel pressured by the haters to play differently than you want to.

idea

Smash Master
imo, camping bairs is more boring than doing nothing for 4 minutes. especially since we're talking about friendlies.

that said, if they started it, that's their own damned fault for trying to outcamp jigglypuff. like unless you're a character with a really strong projectile game, lol, good luck with that.

edit: also, doing nothing is underrated. everyone should just lie down and do nothing for at LEAST 10 minutes a day.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Lol idea, i totally agree on RESTing 10 minutes a day. It's soo relaxing.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Camping bairs is a terrible Idea.

approaching with bairs is awesome.

People seem to overexaggerate when I do that, except when completely necessary.
Ya, lol, you are like the most aggressive puff besides mango. I've seen you chase pp down on bad transformations of pokemon stadium and die for it and the crowd was like "ugh, stop camping"

idea

Smash Master
it's true, you're pretty aggressive. i guess people just really hate losing to jigglypuff...

approaching bair is good against dash dancy fox.

except sauc3's fox, half the time he expects it and upsmashes me first. but on everyone else <_<

Sim

Smash Apprentice
> i guess people just really hate losing to jigglypuff...

I wanted to switch main to Puff the other day but people's reactions to playing against Puff convinced me to keep Peach as main and Puff as secondary.

Kinda awkward. : /

but GOD I like Puff in teams. I could play for literally days with only pauses to sleep and eat. xD

idea

Smash Master
seems like people don't mind losing to puff as much in teams. i guess because you don't necessarily have to fight her. (although you should, at least sometimes, or she'll just wait for obvious rolls and rest like crazy)

ideally, one day i want to be able to beat someone in tournament with puff, then beat them in friendlies after with falco =P the ability to play other characters seems to make a big difference to people. (or sheik, or fox)

i mean, ultimately, do what feels best for you...but i still want others not to think i suck unless i actually do. that would be inaccurate.

Mahone

Smash Champion
seems like people don't mind losing to puff as much in teams. i guess because you don't necessarily have to fight her. (although you should, at least sometimes, or she'll just wait for obvious rolls and rest like crazy)

ideally, one day i want to be able to beat someone in tournament with puff, then beat them in friendlies after with falco =P the ability to play other characters seems to make a big difference to people. (or sheik, or fox)

i mean, ultimately, do what feels best for you...but i still want others not to think i suck unless i actually do. that would be inaccurate.
I've started to go falco game 2 in tourney when they cp yoshi's or stadium, and after i beat people, they seem less upset about losing game 1 to my puff.... honesty, falco is much easier than puff except at low level (i'm not at high level yet, so mabye i'm wrong about that, but he's definitely easier at whatever level im at)

idea

Smash Master
yeah, falco seems pretty easy...it's easy to get single hits and it's easy to combo off single hits. and your combos often kill them. lol

but in the end it all evens out 'cause he dies easily.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
i stubbornly think fox is puff's worst MU

i don't care if armada went ylink, i think hungrybox can take him if he learns the MU

i similarly don't think ICs counter puff even if hbox lost to fly and chu; those two losses don't erase the fact that prior to that, hbox has brutally ***** every ICs he's played and did something like double 3-stock chu at CEO iirc or something

kyle you can call falco easy when you don't lose to sauc3's scrubby *** sheik in mms when puff is banned :mad:

Mahone

Smash Champion

i don't care if armada went ylink, i think hungrybox can take him if he learns the MU

i similarly don't think ICs counter puff even if hbox lost to fly and chu; those two losses don't erase the fact that prior to that, hbox has brutally ***** every ICs he's played and did something like double 3-stock chu at CEO iirc or something

kyle you can call falco easy when you don't lose to sauc3's scrubby *** sheik in mms when puff is banned :mad:
I actually agree with all of that (expect the thing about idea, i don't wanna get in the middle of that)

idea

Smash Master

we weren't talking about puff this time, just good characters in general.

i still don't like falco that much with puff, but i'm starting to like him more now that i feel okay with floating high up all the time where he can't get me. it's just those stupid lasers. like i keep saying, my favourite thing about puff isn't rest or gimps or any of that, it's how she moves around. and lasers stop you from moving around how you want to. unless you float around really high up.

i learned that that one time blunted randomly showed up for a tournament. i was playing him in friendlies and he kept 3-stocking me over and over. finally i realized, it's cause he shoots all these lasers at me and i keep getting hit by them. (and they let him hit with others moves)

the next morning i tried the floating really high up thing and i only got like 1-stocked a bunch of times. he was playing a little worse for whatever reason, but still, the matchup felt so much nicer.

i dunno about counter, but i could see ICs being even with puff. it kinda depends on what grab combos they can do. it might also be 55-45 puff, i don't have a strong opinion on it. but if wobbling isn't banned i do think they counter puff. they can definitely get 4 grabs before puff gets 4 rests/edgeguards.

kyle accepts / understands i'm an ******* on the internet
:laugh: yeah.

to be fair, sauc3 and i are 1-1 in non-puff MMs, we did the same thing at that one tourney you and i went to however long ago and i won that time. i think it was my sheik that ended up beating his fox or something. we both kept switching.

idea

Smash Master
yeah. maybe i should non-puff MM him again.

also i agree with fox being puff's worst matchup.

on the other hand, puff PLAYERS sometimes counter fox PLAYERS. if you know what i mean.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
also i agree with fox being puff's worst matchup.

on the other hand, puff PLAYERS sometimes counter fox PLAYERS. if you know what i mean.
I thoroughly agree with this.

a campy fox is puff's worst nightmare. a rushdown fox is a dream within a dream.

inception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom