• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter x Tekken

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I am! Going to be using (insert Tekken character here) and Rufus as anchor.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Picked mine up at midnight, and messed around in training mode and with trials. It feels really different from SF4, despite the superficial similarities. I'm going to be putting in work learning Xiaoyu for a while it seems.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Feels great. Looks great. Trials are more difficult this around. Running Kazuya/Rufus team.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm getting it. I'm looking at having a Juri/Xiaoyu team.
It's rather odd to see more people playing a character I like. I'm so used to being the minority.

Let's see how this and the Poison bandwagon hold.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Im pleasantly surprised at how accessible this game is for newbies like me. After breezing through the tutorial im already performing basic combos with relative ease.

Picking a team is going to be rough though. Ryu/Ken are the only characters im somewhat familiar with going into the game. -.-

:phone:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Game feels great, imo. I'm liking it a lot. Seems like SF4 shortcuts are still in, for those that didn't know.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
So far im liking Rolento a lot. Not sure if ill commit to maining him yet though since there are so many other characters I haven't tried yet.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Alright, picked up the game on the way home, finished my Chinese food and am about to pop in SFxT! I'll give my thoughts in a couple of hours!

Edit - OK! Game is pretty damn good, I must say! Combos are a bit easier than SFIV and game speed seems a bit faster! Gems aren't as bad as we all thought they would be so we dodged a bullet there! Just running Julia/Hwoarang at the moment and gonna stick with them for a good while! Also, I found a practical way of making use of Pandora by using Hwoarang's overhead then activating! Pretty easy confirm and over 500 damage with the damage boost gem when Pandora is activated! It doesn't seem to be a game breaker like I thought before, but there are some practical uses for Pandora so go out and find them!

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I'm completely unsatisfied with my level of play. I really need to step it up. Also, looks like my team is Juri/Julia for now. Xiaoyu just wasn't working out for me.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm completely unsatisfied with my level of play. I really need to step it up. Also, looks like my team is Juri/Julia for now. Xiaoyu just wasn't working out for me.
Xiao's an odd character, but my bias for the character is too strong to just drop her like that. I gotta figure out what her footsies tools are and how I should implement them. St.MP and St.MK are her best pokes, IMO. We're trying to get combos together for her on SRK, but I'm thinking of making a thread on her footsies because they look to be as nontraditional as C. Viper and El Fuerte's.

Like you, though, I'm unsatisfied with mine, but considering that all the characters I like (Xiao, King, Asuka, Poison, Julia, and Kuma) were not in SF4, this will be interesting.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm using Asuka and Jin at the moment. With Asuka, I'm struggling in matchups.
She can't play footsies so characters with range and footsies are hard to deal with.

Her damage is high but it's hard to get that hit in with her aside from getting a counter hit or a jump in.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i still hate the fact that SF4 shortcuts are in

you know how annoying it is for hugo? when he has both a half-circle move and a full-circle move? you do like 1 direction too many and you get the wrong move, it was so annoying

i will say though, this game feels great, easy combo system with a lot of depth, the tekken characters fit right in with this system

the trials are fairly easy, i already got 4 characters done on my first try (rolento, hugo, bob, hwoarang) and a few others close to done, kind of disappointed but that's the combo system

also, i have now learned that chained normals (marvel style LMH) except if you use a meter or do the attack switch out thing, it's kind of important to know this

i really like abel and bob so far

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Any tips on executing more difficult combos? My button presses are too erratic to successfully finish the last 5 or so Rolento combos in trial mode.

This is my first traditional 2D fighter though, so is it something I'll just naturally get better at overtime or do I need to really practice at it in training mode?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i think they involve either his rekkas or the ex version of that move

it's not as much execution heavy as it is timing, just got to practice, SF4 was my first true 2D fighter and i got my execution to a good enough level to perform most stuff

just gotta keep at it, but most of the time, your timing just isn't up there yet

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Way ahead of you. I watched really good video on the key to properly timing combos comprised of links in SF and after a couple of hours I only have the very last trial for Rolento left! :)

Atlus8

Smash Master
I just tried out online for the first time and it's not too bad! Minor lag, but one can still manage to play! However, it takes a while to find a match and the game sound just skips if one player has a yellow connection!

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i was watching my room mate play

that sound thing is obnoxious, it seriously hurts the gameplay

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I usually play with the sound all the way down and listen to music, so the audio skipping hasn't been too bad for me.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I'm glad someone made this thread. LOL

add me on XBL if you have it: TKO727

I'm definitely maining hwoarang but I haven't found a second yet. I was tryna play with Asuka since she is my main in tekken but I'm still in the tekken mindset when I see her on screen, lol. hard to adjust.

Xiaoyu on the other hand. she got them combos for days. might pick her up. or King because King is a boss

ZANGIEF IS SO GOOD IN THIS GAME (I hate it)

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB-rxpD4nTQ&feature=g-all-u&context=G2bfacbbFAAAAAAAAHAA

I <3 this guy. This is the sole reason I'm renting this game only.

Capcom keeps doing this practice cause they know idiots will buy the game day 1 anyway. People act as if SSF4/Marvel/SSB suddenly died and the world was gonna end with no fighting game to play. People are so lustful to be envolved in the competitive scene that they don't care how much they have to consume. These people are pathetic.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I'm watching the IPLFighters livestream. Its.. its a bore.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Narrowed it down to four fighters, which is what I wanted - Xiao, Jem, King, and Julia. Xiao struggles against projectile heavy characters like Guile. I can't do the dive kick as that's easily baited. I wonder if California Roll goes under fireballs. I need to learn some more King combos and how to chase rolls with him. The other two are going to take time, but they feel great.

And once you get passed the whole sound thing online, it's really not that bad.

Hey, gamertag is RemixinGunns.
Trying to use mainly Jin and Xiaoyu from the Tekken side with maybe King. Having trouble finding combos with Jin that deal some actual damage and need advice on what Xiao's gameplan is.

On a note, I'm really loving this game. It's my favorite versus series from Capcom, with a faster pace compared to Street Fighter AE and MUCH less BS compared to Marvel (no offense lol.)

Also I find the tag battles fun with 2 players on a team.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
We're still trying to figure out how Xiao exactly plays on SRK, but she's technical and a lot of her stuff is safe like her dive kick is +13 on block for all versions but the EX one which is -1. You'll want to go through this to look for frame data. http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/xiaoyu-frame-data.156033/

Also, learn this combo if you can. It's all links. f.s.MK > s. LP > cr.HP. It's a tight link, but the first hit is pretty much a hit confirm.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I JUST got the final trial combo with Rolento and now his trials are finally fully complete!

God those first two links were a freaking ***** man...

Top Bottom