• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter x Tekken

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Ya'll are so lucky. I haven't had money to spend on this game, and I actually think it looks decent now. |: Oh, well. I'll probably pick it up on PSN next weekend!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Still waiting for the Super edition.

Also, "DLC" ON THE DISC and only unlockable through paying is horrible.

Capcom suck

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm finally getting the hang of plinking my normals instead of getting the chains accidentally. Unfortunately, the important Xiaoyu normal links are all either one or two frame links along with her Fortune Cookie (1) > Turn of Fortune link.

Oh well, we're finding more and more shortcuts on her inputs, among other things.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Sorry about that Atlus. I'm pretty much fed up with online play. I'm staying offline until the experience is improved.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Sorry about that Atlus. I'm pretty much fed up with online play. I'm staying offline until the experience is improved.
I know, that was kinda lame! However, I kept playing and got a 32 win streak on endless until people stopped showing up!

The sound bug isn't an issue for me, but I would want that to get fix anyway!

I'll get back on tomorrow morning if anyone wants to play! Probably get on around 8am PST!

Edit - You know, something I noticed while playing is that I had an easier time blocking overheads online for this game than in SFIV! Kinda strange for me!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Online for this game (outside of the sound bugs) is pretty decent but is really dependent on your connection. It's pretty good if you don't have poverty internet.
If you have crappy upload speeds, using wireless, or possibly didn't configure your router well, it's going to skip a lot.

And I might log onto PSN tomorrow morning if I don't wake up too late, Atlus.
Haven't been putting in a lot of time into this game, but I like it a lot.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Online for this game (outside of the sound bugs) is pretty decent but is really dependent on your connection. It's pretty good if you don't have poverty internet.
If you have crappy upload speeds, using wireless, or possibly didn't configure your router well, it's going to skip a lot.

And I might log onto PSN tomorrow morning if I don't wake up too late, Atlus.
Haven't been putting in a lot of time into this game, but I like it a lot.
LOOOOOL "poverty internet"

you gotta come to rei's again minato

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs earlier today, Atlus. So salty with how free I was. All you did was jump or overhead.
Online was pretty good as far as most combos went for netplay. The netcode still sucks for footsies though, imo.
LOOOOOL "poverty internet"

you gotta come to rei's again minato
Yeah, I need to. Finals are coming up though.

Atlus8

Smash Master
GGs earlier today, Atlus. So salty with how free I was. All you did was jump or overhead.
Online was pretty good as far as most combos went for netplay. The netcode still sucks for footsies though, imo.
Yeah, Hwoarangs overhead can be a doozy! He doesn't have much of a footsies game which is a real shame considering he his a Taekwondo character! Julia, however, has great footsies but doesn't have as good overheads!

Also, a drawback with playing Hwoarang is that he CAN'T use the back/crouching Jab+Short option select to tech throws! The reason is that one of his "unique" attacks is back/crouching + Short which leaves him wide open!

One of the good things I really like about this game is the roll that was added to avoid some mixups! I know your opponent can still read your roll, but it sure as hell beats just waiting to get up and eat whatever your opponent throws at you like SFIV!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'll keep that stuff in mind. Also, was that one move that Julia have a command grab or something? Or was it an overhead?
At first I though I got hit because I pressed a button, other times I'm pretty sure I didn't and got hit with something.

TL?

Smash Ace
Perhaps her qcf HP. It's an overhead that doesn't look like one. This is one of the 2 or 3 things I know about this game lol.

I'm terrible at this game. If anyone has any tips for people coming from mahvel, lemme know. I'm trying to use Lili.

Atlus8

Smash Master
I'll keep that stuff in mind. Also, was that one move that Julia have a command grab or something? Or was it an overhead?
At first I though I got hit because I pressed a button, other times I'm pretty sure I didn't and got hit with something.
Hmmm . . . The only overheads she has are jab,jab,strong! The first two Jabs on that string don't connect, but the second jab does connect with the strong and the strong is an overhead! I didn't use this until the second to last set that we played, but the strong on that string looks like Yun's forward+Fierce!

Another overhead that she has is right after her hcf+kick (Windroll) followed by Punch! I didn't use this at all, but I REALLY should since there is mixup potential right after her Windroll!

It's not a command grab, I think you must mean the Tiger Strike! The combo string I mainly used with her was forward + m.kick, m.punch, forward + m.punch (Mountain Crusher)! Then I just connect qcb+p (Tiger Strike) at the end of that string! I would hold the Tiger Stike and cancel it by backdashing if you were block the Mountain Crusher string!

I did noticed that you blocked the first two hits of the Mountain Crusher, but sometimes the last hit of the string did hit you!

Edit - Thanks TL! Her hcf+h.p is also an overhead!

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Kazuya has like a billion strings, Jesus.

I can't play online till they fix the sound bug. I play a lot by ear so I know when an attack is blocked or when I got hit or whatever I can't recognize it as quick without sound.

also I'm pretty *** at this game too...lol this is probably my first 2-D fighter that I am actually trying hard to get good at. I brought the book to work with me and have been reading it pretty much all day. lol

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Every time I go up against Raven online I get my *** handed to me on a platter. IDK if he's one of the best characters in the game or if I just really suck against him.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
yeah man Raven is pretty good. Tekken combos with a pretty solid projectile and that Dash move that pretty much sets you up for any and everything.

I finally got around to messing around with Law. Dude is a beast off Tag-ins

and his dragon stance -> Flying Kick goes through Fireballs. Amazing gap closer.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I've had the opposite thing happen. I'm loving team battles, that's all I really do online.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Atlus8

I'll play you right now!

Edit - That was too damn good Matador! Those Kazuya mixups were ridiculous to handle, I had plenty of fun! I'm curious what was my connection like (4 bars or 1 bar)?! I noticed the game was smooth when I was a spectator, but the game was different when I was playing!

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
GGs, Atlus! That team you got there is pretty sick, lol. We'll have to play more sometime.

I like when I fight someone who forces me to test new things on the spot to keep up.

Yeaaah, I think the majority of the time it was around 1 or 2 bars. Doesn't matter to me though, honestly. None of the inputs I need to do require strict timing. It screwed me up sometimes, but not enough to decide a match.

Kazuya has like 7 standing overheads, lol. ****'s nuts.

Atlus8

Smash Master
2 bars?! Really?! Yours was also showing two bars, while mine was showing 4 bars! I hope they improve the netcode soon!

I really like how Julia plays and she has plenty of mixups, but I haven't implemented them in my game yet!

Trying to tech throw with Hwoqrang might hurt me since it can't be done like other characters and he lacks an anti-air! I tried to kick you out of the sky, but I just ate whatever you threw at me!

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Kazuya really does have like 6 overheads and most of them are fast enough to be super difficult to block on reaction. THOSE MIXUPS!

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Til you fight the few out there that know what they're doing, lol.

I don't know how anybody expects me to mist step on Xbox D-pad. That **** is absolutely terrible for 2D fighters.

@Brightside: Yeah, it rarely ever lets me join any rooms.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
yeah I don't use the 360 dpad though

only use that for free roam fighters really.

Figured out good switch in combo with Law yesterday. I just gotta get better at canceling into Dragon stance.

I like the fact that Dragon Stance -> Dragon Kick goes through fireballs. if you get a hard read and EX it leads into a good 7 hit combo.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
With Steve, you can also do f.mp > lp xx flicker cancel > crouch mk xx 623hp for better oki. At that point of proration after the tag it'll only do about 6 less damage.

Holy crap, grapplers are overpowered as balls. Enjoy getting blown up, Tekken characters.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
tbh I feel like about half of the tekken character cast will be never seen in tourney because of Grapples and them having very limited ways of getting away or attacking safely

I haven't seen anyone play a good Kuma yet so I just assume he is ***.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's only a week into the game. I doubt the grapplers are that overpowered.

Trying out Julia/Xiaoyu and Poison/King now. Xiaoyu, imo, needs to be an anchor since she can't get in worth a damn.

Top Bottom