• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter x Tekken

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Need more people to play with on Atlus level.

PSN: Kmatador77

Feel free to add me. I'll play whenever.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Whats the tier list based off of?
You'd think Rolento would be up there with raven. He's all over the tourney seen.

Btw just got the game~ <3
Messing around with Ryu/king
I'm really diggin Ryu chargable fireballs.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I feel like I got jip'd more and more everyday when playing the 360 version. partly because it seems like everyone here has the PS3 version. lol

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer

People in my are playing with the DLC characters. So jealous.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Still haven't picked up this game, and having to pay for what should've been free DLC makes it even less likely I will. I might pick it up when it hits the PC assuming hackers can pull their usual black magic and unlock all the DLC without pay, but otherwise I guess I'm staying away from this lol.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Speaking of DLC characters, Capcom announced the pricing and release dates for DLC content:

http://shoryuken.com/2012/03/16/set...eet-fighter-x-tekkens-dlc-and-future-patches/

I'm actually pretty okay with this, and the pricing is very reasonable.
At least Capcom finally put the "Pay to Win" rumor to rest on the gems. Now I'm even more excited for them. I found the current ones to be a little on the tame side.

I also love how they're letting you either buy in bulk or individually for the costumes. Sure, those and the characters are on disc, but considering the circumstances, I'm reasonably satisfied with the prices. It would be cool, though, if I could get a slight discount if I bought a certain amount of individual costumes and then later by the rest of them.

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
So, just picked the game up. (Literally put it in the PS3 like 5 minutes ago.) Hit my PSN up. KaizokuX

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Sorry Atlus and Jam Stunna, I had to go. GGs, but I have finals to study for.
Plus I really don't like this game that much for a number of reasons. I hope it's just a phase I'm going through, but too many things bother me in this game.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Good games to you too, and Atlus.

What was happening at the end of your matches with Atlus? Were the matches abruptly ending, or was I just getting disconnected?

Atlus8

Smash Master
Sorry Atlus and Jam Stunna, I had to go. GGs, but I have finals to study for.
Plus I really don't like this game that much for a number of reasons. I hope it's just a phase I'm going through, but too many things bother me in this game.
It was fun! A couple of things that bother me about the game is the timer and the conditions for activating Pandora! I think the timer should be stopped during supers animation and Pandora should be able to activate at 30% instead of 25%!

Good games to you too, and Atlus.

What was happening at the end of your matches with Atlus? Were the matches abruptly ending, or was I just getting disconnected?
I didn't notice anything happening between Minato and I, but for some reason when I first played you we keep getting our matches cancelled! I just switched the order of Julia and Hwoarang and that seemed to work!

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Okay, cool. I kept getting kicked right before the end of your matches and a message would appear on the screen saying, "The battle has been cancelled," and then you two would appear in the lobby. I'm glad it wasn't acting up for you two during the fight.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
It was fun! A couple of things that bother me about the game is the timer and the conditions for activating Pandora! I think the timer should be stopped during supers animation and Pandora should be able to activate at 30% instead of 25%!
I guess I'll list the stuff that I don't like in SFXT. I agree about the timer stuff. Supers are too long so they should just freeze the timer.
Throws being nerfed kinda leads to more time outs, imo. It's just harder to open a defensive opponent up unless you have a good overhead that you can combo off of.

I hate how they nerfed standing anti-airs. I just find jump ins way too good now. I know SFXT is a footsie game, but it almost encourages people to forget fundamentals and just jump on every approach when you're starting the game new. Plus air to air hit confirms are too rewarding which makes it really favorable to jump.

Frame advantage on normals are way too high, imo. It's too easy to abuse walk up standing jab or crouching strong for blockstrings/frame traps, especially with Ryu. I actually looked at the frame data earlier which was why I decided to abuse it that one match, haha.

Who knows, maybe I'll turn around and like the game. After all, I did like it when I first started.
I didn't notice anything happening between Minato and I, but for some reason when I first played you we keep getting our matches cancelled! I just switched the order of Julia and Hwoarang and that seemed to work!
I had Jam host afterwards since I thought that might've been better. I think that's why the matches went through finally.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Just got my *** kicked by Serin. ^.^

EDIT: Lol he's pretty much *** ****** everyone in our 6 man lobby... He's currently on a 12 (and rising) game winning streak. -.- I learned quite a few tips though. GGs

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I guess I'll list the stuff that I don't like in SFXT. I agree about the timer stuff. Supers are too long so they should just freeze the timer.
Throws being nerfed kinda leads to more time outs, imo. It's just harder to open a defensive opponent up unless you have a good overhead that you can combo off of.

I hate how they nerfed standing anti-airs. I just find jump ins way too good now. I know SFXT is a footsie game, but it almost encourages people to forget fundamentals and just jump on every approach when you're starting the game new. Plus air to air hit confirms are too rewarding which makes it really favorable to jump.

Frame advantage on normals are way too high, imo. It's too easy to abuse walk up standing jab or crouching strong for blockstrings/frame traps, especially with Ryu. I actually looked at the frame data earlier which was why I decided to abuse it that one match, haha.

I think alot of these complaints are valid, but I'm actually glad they nerfed grabs. Tick throwing was super effective (and super annoying) in SF4, so I'm happy that's not as much of an issue now.

For the defensive players, it seems like you're going to need a Tekken character on your team for their low/high mixups. For all the positive changes they made to Chun, I'm disappointed they made l.k hasanshu no longer count as an overhead. Given the way this game works, that's a pretty significant nerf.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Tekken characters kinda suck at this point. Like, seriously.

I was thinking of who the big 4 of this game were, and it feels like all the mentionables were SF characters.

Brainstorming time~ Heres my thoughts so far on "the big 4."
--------------------

Hugo: OOOOH BOY! I came into this game thinking he'd be bad because of how normals work in this game. How wrong I was!

The elephant in the room, and most obviously ******** thing about hugo is body splash. It crosses up, has massive hit and block stun and range. And when crossed up BEATS shoryuukens. The hell man?! Seriously, I don't have to worry about shotos anti-airing me when I cross up with this thing. If they do, I hit them out of it and get a free combo when I land. Its so spammable...

Everything else feels like icing on the cake. His clothesline is armored move, thats unsafe on block, but seriously, thats not an issue, because its chargeable so you don't even have to commit to it. Also you get a free combo after it as well.

His anti air grab has ridiculous range on it as well, making it hard to escape hugo.

This combined with his huge range, and amazing damage makes him what I think is one of the best and most mindless top tier characters. Who I main because i'm a fraud. :3

Ryu: His hadoukens are still as solid as ever. His baiting game is beyond good thanks to these. He can do so many things with just those hadoukens alone. Being able to charge one and then cancel into a dash is just a huge huge mindgame. His damage is pretty solid too.

Rolento: Honestly, I think he's a lil overrated at the moment, but for now, he's heavily favorited at high level play. His jab alone creates amazing pressure. You can literally just walk forward and poke your opponent until they're pushed into range of a cross up, or some kind of rolento shenanigans. The first hit of his rekka is also pretty safe and easy to hit confirm and lets you tag into your next character for some good damage. His mobility options are plentiful too. Theres just so many ways to approach your opponent its hard to out predict him. Also since he has so many, you can exploit some characters blind spots with the same options.

I'm not certain enough to think of a 4th but honorable mentions go to rufus, and marduk.

And yes, i'm horribly horribly cringe worthy at right ups. =w= Please forgive the bad grammar and spelling. D: Welp thats my take on it.
Lets here yours. ,:3

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Oh yea, totally forgot that dude!
He's like guile with teleports and normal hair! =w=

Teleports, slow moving projectile, auto cross up moves, and pretty damn good juggle capabilties. I honestly don't know too much about the guy since I havn't seen alot of high level play with him, but he seems like one of those characters that will dominate when people get him down.

I seriously don't agree with that japanese tier list btw. Unless they have some kinda hidden Ken technology we don't know about he does not deserve to be that high. Hugos also waaay to low.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Oh yea, totally forgot that dude!
He's like guile with teleports and normal hair! =w=

Teleports, slow moving projectile, auto cross up moves, and pretty damn good juggle capabilties. I honestly don't know too much about the guy since I havn't seen alot of high level play with him, but he seems like one of those characters that will dominate when people get him down.

I seriously don't agree with that japanese tier list btw. Unless they have some kinda hidden Ken technology we don't know about he does not deserve to be that high. Hugos also waaay to low.
What about Ken's shoryuken being like 1000 times better than Ryu for one? Ryu is a clash machine, Ken beats things neatly. Etc etc

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
My biggest gripe with ken is that you have to commit to what you do with him. Ryu doesn't have to commit as hard because his baiting game is so godlike. Kens is just meh worthy at best. The risk reward just doesn't feel like its worth it. Compared to others atleast.

Like, i seriously beat ken just by blocking. Its kinda sad. Worst that happens is you get thrown.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
That tier list is way too early. How can anyone possibly evaluate this game with less than two weeks of general play, and no major tournaments?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
My biggest gripe with ken is that you have to commit to what you do with him. Ryu doesn't have to commit as hard because his baiting game is so godlike. Kens is just meh worthy at best. The risk reward just doesn't feel like its worth it. Compared to others atleast.

Like, i seriously beat ken just by blocking. Its kinda sad. Worst that happens is you get thrown.
Ken's shoryuken is 2gewd.
His charge tetsumaki is also really good for anti zoning.
His throw is fine.

The only thing I'd really give Ryu the advantage over Ken is indeed commitment and to a lesser degree Oki game. Ken does get more reward off of his commitment though.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Yeaaaaaaaa.
I hate to say it, but i've eaten far more shoryuukens then I should have from Ken. ._. We'll always be falling for day 1 Ken stuffs. ;~;

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Man, I suck big time. My footsies are horrible (or at least I think they are).

Aside from that my footsies need work, there's my execution, mixups, and getting out of pressure as top priority.

And what did they do to Ibuki? I love the combo possibilities and everything, but I can never get Ibuki to get under projectiles with her slide or EX Neckbreacker.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Ibuki's ex neckbreaker isn't projectile invincible anymore, but with some projectiles (like Ryu's fireball) she's low enough that even regular neckbreaker will go beneath it.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
PSN: Kmatador77

Add and play me, plz. I have over 5000BP if you care about that kinda stuff. Hurry hurry hurry, I'm bored of ranked!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'll probably open up to this game once I find a team that I like. Some of the SF characters that I wanted to use (like Ibuki) aren't fun in this game. As for the Tekken characters, the ones that I was interested in trying have bad footsies or bad overheads.

Jin's pretty good though. I will admit that I am just awful at hitconfirming into special step online and offline.

Top Bottom