• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter x Tekken

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
[glow]
STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN

[COLLAPSE="GAME INFO"]Developer(s) Capcom
Publisher(s) Capcom
Producer(s) Yoshinori Ono
Platform(s) PS3, PSV, XB360, PC
Genre(s) Fighting
Rating(s) ESRB T, CERO B, PEGI 12
[/COLLAPSE][/glow]

XBL PLAYERS:
TKbro - TKO727
The Real Gamer - XxSteadyEddyxX
KumaOso - KumaOso
The Nameless Wanderer -RemixinGunns

PSN PLAYERS:
Shin Kaizoku - KaizokuX
Matador - Kmatador77
YarsRevengerson - DeathApp
Atlus8 - Atlus8

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Considering that we also have Tekken vs. Street Fighter, this should be kept opened.

Now, El Fuerte vs. King

MAKE IT HAPPEN CAPCOM!

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Funny how the Tekken X Street Fighter thread has more posts despite the fact it's the one with no video footage whatsoever.

Also why are both thread titles wrong?

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Funny how the Tekken X Street Fighter thread has more posts despite the fact it's the one with no video footage whatsoever.

Also why are both thread titles wrong?
It has more posts because this topic was locked for a while. I guess one of the mods didn't realize that they were two different games.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
It has more posts because this topic was locked for a while. I guess one of the mods didn't realize that they were two different games.
This topic wasn't "locked for a while". It was only locked for a few minutes till I found out that they were both different games so I re-opened the thread.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, guys, I'm back from a tournament called Battle for the South. For those of you who didn't see it, I was fighting a E. Honda with my Fuerte and it was a close fight, but IN THE END, I WON! The crowd went ecstatic every time I won. In fact, I heard the Honda player was a bit salty afterward.

Unfortunately, my next match, with a Rufus and which was not streamed, wasn't so lucky. I then got sent to the loser's bracket and lost to a Balrog.

With that all said, I wound up in the top sixteen out of over a hundred people. I think part of the reason I got that far is that barely anyone knew the matchup. In fact, a Ken I fought had no idea what to do. Right now, I feel like the El Fuerte equivalent of Gamerbee. The match is supposed to be on youtube sometime later. When it's up, I'll post it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Wrong thread KumaOso, but congrats getting top 16.
And yeah, I want to see that match once it's uploaded.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Whoa! I saw Street Fighter in the thread title and thought this was the general SF thread.

Please forgive meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

DZhou

Smash Journeyman
I'm probably only going to get Tekken x SF but this looks interesting.

I wanna see what ultras Capcom made for Tekken.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
So according to the cinematic trailer, everyone in this game is made out of mud. Or at the very least, Ryu, Ken, Kazuya, and Nina are.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think it's water colors or something.

So now that King's confirmed, I want the other half of my fantasy matchup and also Sakura vs. Xiaoyu.

EDIT: Sakura vs. Asuka is the more accurate one, but I still want Ling.

Minato

穏やかじゃない

So now that King's confirmed, I want the other half of my fantasy matchup and also Sakura vs. Xiaoyu.

EDIT: Sakura vs. Asuka is the more accurate one, but I still want Ling.
There's always Sakura VS Leo too. They look pretty similar. XD

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
KING

omfg

hype.

Now I just need either of the following, Urien, Cody, Viper, and possibly Dudley, Hugo, or Sean. Just one and I'll be complete.

Did anyone else notice Kings model is basically Abels? >_> It's like exactly the same and he even has is crouching jab...

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah but it just looks excessive and kinda stupid.

So now that King's confirmed, I want the other half of my fantasy matchup
King vs Fuerte? Oh you and your Mexicans.

Did anyone else notice Kings model is basically Abels? >_> It's like exactly the same and he even has is crouching jab...
Did anyone else notice Rufus is basically Bob? This is Capcom we're talking about. They're not the most creative game makers in the world.

I still wanna see Bob vs Rufus though. And I think Law vs Fei is also inevitable. And obviously Zangief vs one of the bears.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I hate the use of all flashy colors and such. Tekken characters don't seem to fit in yet in terms of artwork.. I guess its just the character design. I'll get used to it. But still, I don't like all those flashy ****.

I'm sure Akuma will make it in. No doubt. Gonna main Akuma again.

Sariku

Smash Master
This game looks sooo, sooo, sooooooo good. With SSFIV feeling very stale with the shotos, this game makes them seem fairly interesting to play as. I love that they have Ryu's new (?) 421kick move in this game (the first place I have seen it is MvC3).

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
This game looks sooo, sooo, sooooooo good. With SSFIV feeling very stale with the shotos, this game makes them seem fairly interesting to play as. I love that they have Ryu's new (?) 421kick move in this game (the first place I have seen it is MvC3).
The donkey kicks from 3S.

:phone:

Rikana

Smash Champion
I really hope Nintendo vs. Capcom doesn't happen. It seems very awkward. I wouldn't mind Capcom in a Smash Bros. engine though.. I'd love to play as Akuma in Smash Bros.

The roster is probably gonna be 40-50. 20/20 or 25/25. That seems reasonable.

§leepy God

Smash Master
King already got me wanting this game. Only thing I most question is how in-depth the tag team will be, how many options to switch, etc.

Sariku

Smash Master
Sonic Boom in Japanese sounds hilarious.

And it takes 1/3 of your super gauge to swap out.

Also, what is Chun Li's move around 8:10? I'm guessing this is also from 3S.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Nah, that's just an in game mechanic. You can charge up some moves like Ryu's fireball, Guile's sonicboom, and Chun's legs. If they charge long enough they turn into meterless supers.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Awww damn! I'm not a fan of beating down one character to win the match! I was thinking they were gonna leave that for Tekken Tag Tournament 2! I'm a little less hype for this game now!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I dunno. I kind of like it that way. Definitely no fun to have low health against 1.5 characters. Of course, that's my preference.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm surprised they are trying to establish some sort of story in this game. I didn't enjoy how they made Ryu and Ken look like scrubs though in that CG trailer or what not.

In the gameplay trailer...do the character models look a bit stiff or is that me?

Also, mains are probably gonna be Ryu and Jin.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
In the gameplay trailer...do the character models look a bit stiff or is that me?

Also, mains are probably gonna be Ryu and Jin.
Yeah, I noticed that too. It looks stiff and weird because they made the animations faster by removing some frames. Kinda like when they did CvS2 and stuff. it still looks weird though like when they tech throws.

Top Bottom