• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter x Tekken

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'll start a room Matador. If anyone else wants to join, hit me up
I sent my invite before I saw that you sent me one, haha. My mistake.
Luckily there's no disconnecting issues this time.

Edit: And just as I typed that...

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Good games man. I'm always on around this time. so whenever you want to play just hit me up!

Good games to you too Minato.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs, guys. I'm still getting blown up by jump ins and even jumps that are straight up on wake up. :ohwell:
Maybe I should jump more and play less of a footsie game, I dunno. I'm probably treating this too much like SF still.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I soooo wanna join in sometime~
You see, I started playing this game with my buddy, so I only play one character. When I started playing on my own though, I only had one real good one, while my king was super free.

I'd really love it if you guys could teach me a thing or two in the form of an *** whoopin.
Seriously. I espcially wanna play against you Minato. You always seemed some knowledgable too me~ =w=

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to anyone that requested a match with me today. I left my PS3 on while I went out today. I should be able to get some matches in this weekend, if anyone is up for it.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
>No E. Honda
>Alisa as DLC
>Hackers playing all the DLC characters online already

Seriously disappointed with this game. :|

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The DLC fiasco should be explained soon, at least, that's what Capcom said.
Are you talking about the prices or the reason why the characters are already on there? They explained both already.

I still think 20 dollars isn't that bad of a price for 12 characters, and I'm loving the free gems. Also, I named my gem sets for Ibuki, Xiaoyu, Poison, and King as Glamor, Glitter, Fashion, and Fame respectively.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Anyone down to play tonight? I definitely need the practice lol.

Also, is this game in arcades?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
GGs Minato, you really got my *** tonight. I don't know what happened with that last match, it booted me for some reason

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GGs Minato, you really got my *** tonight. I don't know what happened with that last match, it booted me for some reason
GGs, I had to up my game and think over how I played. I'm still scared of Tekken characters though. :ohwell:
I still think some of the Tekken characters are too good.

And I guess next time we play, you should host. It doesn't seem like my internet likes your connection.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I saw someone say Tekken characters are bad. Hahahahahahah!

Kazuya obviously hasn't ****ed your **** up yet.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
James Chen is talking about 'hit confirms' so it's a great tutorial some fighting game basics if anyone is interested!

http://www.twitch.tv/ultrachentv
Even though I know most of the things on the stream, I usually like tuning in anyways.
But yeah, doesn't help me much. Especially coming from someone who plays CvS2 and 3S.

But yeah, I don't like facing Tekken characters. I'm so footsie based. So one wrong move, they're basically in my face.
Roll back netcode doesn't help that fact either.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I saw someone say Tekken characters are bad. Hahahahahahah!

Kazuya obviously hasn't ****ed your **** up yet.
I main Hugo. Yes kazuya hasn't ****ed my **** up yet because i'm handing out the beat downs.

The 100 of kazuya scrubs online are just free wins for me~ He can throw out all the mixup he wants, while I just have to body splash into a free mixup/combo.

EDIT: Actually I did see 1 mean kazuya/nina combination. He'd start with kazuya do his mixup ****, and tag into nina during his mix ups so i'd have to block her mix up too. I ended up winning, but it was incredibly scary. Or would be if hugo couldn't take 100 hits and dish it back with in 1 hitconfirm. :V

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Mmmmm, I have that same feeling Jam. :< I'm a one character dood. My King can't hold his own as well. Actually i've been trying out Kuma lately and I gotta say...He's actually pretty fun. :D Like all tekken characters he has mix up chains, but like, people are so unfamiliar with kuma I open em up for free. =w=

Minato

穏やかじゃない
My biggest problem is that I don't have a second character. I just throw Chun on anchor because you have to have someone, but I really don't know how to play with her. I'm going to man up and learn Xiao; after watching a couple of vids I think I can handle it.

For anyone interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ne9xBzwWak- Xiao mixups
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYmZxvd8nEc&feature=channel- Xiao basics
Yeah, I was mostly scared of your Juri. Was that a meter gem equipped too? That 50 percent super really hurts.
Not sure who I want to pick up. King, Bob, Steve, and Xiaoyu are probably the ones I'll try out.
As generic as Ryu is, I can't drop him. If I can force the opponent to play footsies, I feel confident.

Oh, and Jam, I suggest trying to jump less after blocking or on wake up. I pretty much know how to deal with it now.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Yeah, the meter gems make her pretty dangerous. I'm trying not to jump as much, but none of my characters have good wakeup reversals, and Juri's backdash is especially bad.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
My biggest problem is that I don't have a second character. I just throw Chun on anchor because you have to have someone, but I really don't know how to play with her. I'm going to man up and learn Xiao; after watching a couple of vids I think I can handle it.

For anyone interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ne9xBzwWak- Xiao mixups
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYmZxvd8nEc&feature=channel- Xiao basics
Back Layout is not an overhead.

Also, if you're gonna learn her, I suggest you learn this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJKjHs1qOGs
There's another one, but it involves (cr.HK > CADC)x6 and is harder to link. Learn that loop instead of the one in the video since it corner carries, but the combo should still apply.

I'm having second thoughts on Jem Poison. She might not be my kind of character. If so, I wonder who I should replace her with to partner with King.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I don't know if it has been discussed, but Yoshimitsu is one of the, if not the worst characters in the game.

I really hope they patch his terrible range, give him decent comboes, give him a decent sweep, make more of his moves cancellable, etc. because he is the only reason why I would ever play this game.

Atlus8

Smash Master
I don't know if it has been discussed, but Yoshimitsu is one of the, if not the worst characters in the game.

I really hope they patch his terrible range, give him decent comboes, give him a decent sweep, make more of his moves cancellable, etc. because he is the only reason why I would ever play this game.
Yeah! I keep hearing that he is a bad character! I almost want to take that as a challenge and see how far I can take him!

:phone:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm really going to have to learn CADC. I'm seeing more and more combos requiring it.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
well I found my problem with Law.

I can't deal with Jump ins off wake up at all....sucks. all of his Anti Airs take forever so I have to burn a bar to do EX dragonstance or EX somersault but EX somersault is so ****ing unsafe. lol

His Crouch fierce is his real anti air but the start up=not that great.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart

I can't deal with Jump ins off wake up at all....sucks. all of his Anti Airs take forever so I have to burn a bar to do EX dragonstance or EX somersault but EX somersault is so ****ing unsafe. lol

Maybe mix up your wake-ups? It is hard to punish a wakeup if they predict wrong, and if you start a crouching fierce as soon as you get up and they hadn't preemptively jumped to your roll or get-up, it should connect.

Minato

穏やかじゃない

Learn on improving your defense more. Not having a reversal just means that you'll have to learn how to block better on wake up (which you should). Standing anti-airs suck for the majority of the cast in this game. If they're doing a jump in that's really bad in spacing, jump forward and do a normal. I don't know which is good for Law, but he might have a normal that allows you to juggle outside of counter hits so you can follow it up. If their jump in was spaced rather well, do jump back and then a normal.

And yeah, like Wretched said, try to do unpredictable rolls. Don't do it too much though. I generally like it when people roll since all you have to do is stand back and wait there and do a meaty since it becomes ambiguous on where they end up.

If I did a jump in and they do roll, I'll just option select a hadouken or a special step to hopefully keep them blocking.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
This game is so frustrating if you've never played a 2-D fighter before.

I knew going into this game that I would be getting my *** kicked but my body wasn't ready for this much abuse. Like I pretty much feel completely helpless against any decently skilled opponent.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
This game is so frustrating if you've never played a 2-D fighter before.

I knew going into this game that I would be getting my *** kicked but my body wasn't ready for this much abuse. Like I pretty much feel completely helpless against any decently skilled opponent.
This is a bad game to choose for an intro fighter, but you seem to have figured that out already.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I mean I'm slowly progressing (just won 5 matches in a row against some scrubs at my level), but it's just frustrating to practice for 2-3 hours straight in training mode just to have your *** served to you on a platter the second you step online.

Maybe I'm just not being patient enough...

mood4food77

Smash Hero
this game might be more infuriating for me than marvel

seriously promotes stupid ****

i like hwaorang but he has no reliable option for jump ins, his best bet is his shoryuken kick move but that, as well all know, is easily baited leaving him with standing fierce and jumping fierce, both of which have tight windows, his footsie game is terrible, his anti-wake-up game is pretty bad (everytime i go for a meaty, i get regular grabbed...like seriously, THIS DOESN'T WORK IN ANY OTHER GAME)

air to air hits are really friggen dumb, you don't need tech skill in this game to do good damage, footsies are pretty much not there with a good portion of the cast, the mishima's have ridiculous, almost unable to react to mix-ups, yes i'm salty

i'm sticking with marvel's bs, this game just took scrub to a new level

Top Bottom