• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter V

I played the crap out of this game with a friend of mine tonight.

I'm stuck between if I want to main Rashid or Laura. Karin's fun too, but I don't see myself wanting to play her all the time.
I've just been in training mode for a couple hours. Played around with everyone and, as I expected, Mika is definitely my #1. I plan on learning Karin as a secondary eventually, but aside from her, I found Laura surprisingly fun to use.

Once the servers are stable, I'll hop online to get obliterated in some casual matches.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Played for 5 hours today at least.

Beat all 16 character story modes (which gives away 140k gold; Alex costs 100k; gold is super hard to get otherwise, requiring characters to be leveled up), played a few online matches, and did survival mode (I got to level 8 easily against the awful AI until I got one hit KO'd by a server crash).

However I spent nearly all my time but maybe an hour either getting disconnected from online (it happened 35 times) or in the training room playing as Nash.

Man Nash is incredible to play. So many options for every situation... and I'm barely scratching the surface. Coming back from Street Fighter after a long layoff from being competitive in II I'm really raw but man... I can more easily detach myself from past games than people who are super active in IV. Lots of IV players online are pretty easy to beat because they're so stuck on IV tech.

Anyways I enjoyed spending day 1 grinding Nash's tech and combos and slowly expanding my toolbox for him from the beta. I got a long way to go, but I have progressed a lot. That training mode being so well designed and simple really makes developing skills so much easier. I got so sucked up in it I didn't realize 3 hours passed at one point! :laugh:

This is sort of embarrassing, but I actually spent an hour trying to get down a Nash combo that was insanely technically demanding only to find out it wasn't a real true combo. There were three buffered moves (one into a super) with 3 frames of time to land them and I had it consistently down too! :laugh: Those things are no joke, and they are hardddddddd to do, especially since it involves so many inputs (at once).

But man, after realizing it wasn't guaranteed and stopping for a second... I realized something. My fingers, wrists and arms burn (not my hands though for some reason). They hurt realllllllllllllly bad. I had to ice them down for a long while. This has happened to me for writing before, but never for gaming.

I'm going to be more ardent about pre- and post-play hand exercises now, as well as do some in between sets.
Karin's fun too, but I don't see myself wanting to play her all the time.
This is my situation with Karin lmao. She's fun to play, but not like "man I wanna main her" fun.

Once I get Nash down I really wanna work with her. Although by that time Ibuki, my best character in IV and possibly a character I might main over Nash, may be out.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I played the crap out of this game with a friend of mine tonight.

I'm stuck between if I want to main Rashid or Laura. Karin's fun too, but I don't see myself wanting to play her all the time.
Join the Rashid Army. You won't want to go back.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
You won't gather any glorious muscle spirit maining a twig like him.

:068::068::068::068::068:
But you get all the speed in the world in the world and then some. Personally, I think Rashid is one of, if not the best character in the game.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So how is everybody here liking the game? I don't have it yet, but from what I've heard it's pretty disappointing. I can get past the servers crashing so early just because the game is fresh, but the lack of single-player content is what is holding me back. Yes I know fighting CPUs isn't the best way to get better, but I really wish there was a classic arcade/vs CPU mode since I'm not exactly the best player. Also is it true that when the servers go down, you get kicked from survival/story mode? If so I can't imagine how annoying that must be.

So is it worth getting, specifically the PC version?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Guys I think the servers are broken, Server Disconnect hard counters every character making the servers have 100-0 matchups against the whole cast

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Guys I think the servers are broken, Server Disconnect hard counters every character making the servers have 100-0 matchups against the whole cast
Honestly, I was shocked Server Disconnect made it into V. He really wasn't that popular in IV.
So how is everybody here liking the game? I don't have it yet, but from what I've heard it's pretty disappointing. I can get past the servers crashing so early just because the game is fresh, but the lack of single-player content is what is holding me back. Yes I know fighting CPUs isn't the best way to get better, but I really wish there was a classic arcade/vs CPU mode since I'm not exactly the best player. Also is it true that when the servers go down, you get kicked from survival/story mode? If so I can't imagine how annoying that must be.

It'll be all worth it once that beautiful cinematic Story Mode drops. Truthfully, I only bought this game for Bison, but that'll change once Gouken is released in 20XX.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

finalark

SNORLAX
So how is everybody here liking the game? I don't have it yet, but from what I've heard it's pretty disappointing.
So far, it's pretty damn good but disappointingly incomplete. Playing against friends is as fun as ever but the sheer lack of things to do when you don't have your buddies around stings. What's really jarring is that, despite beating story mode, I can't use any of the alternate costumes I "unlocked" because the shop isn't in the game yet. Challenges aren't here either, and there's very little to do solo.

I get that the focus is online play but when the servers are constantly down it really makes you realize how stripped the game feels.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Everybody who is interested in Survival Mode and unlocking costumes, I have all the details I could find here (some via experience):
-There's 4 difficulty modes (easy, medium, hard and hell) each unlocking different things.
-Easy lasts 10 rounds, Medium 30 rounds, Hard lasts 50 rounds and Hell lasts 100 rounds.
-The AI is pretty braindead the first 50-ish rounds.
-You get points after each match, and can spend them on healing, getting 1 game stat boosts, or even a bonus where if you take 1 clean hit you die but you get 10 times the points.
-The effects and amount of these bonuses are RNG in what will appear post-match. Sometimes, for instance, 5% increase in damage will appear, sometimes 10%, and sometimes 15% (those are the only 3 for that). For healing sometimes "low healing" appears, sometimes "medium," sometimes "high" and sometimes "full health."
-If you clear Easy, Medium, or Hard mode, you unlock certain colors of costumes for the character you played as. Easy unlocks color 3, Medium unlocks colors 4 5 and 6, and Hard unlocks colors 7 8 9 and 10.
-Hell difficulty does not unlock any outfit colors.
-Note that they only unlock colors for the outfit you are wearing. I tested this on Chun-Lin on easy (I have the PC pre-order battle suit), and I had to play it as the battle suit once and her regular outfit another time to unlock both outfit's 3rd color.
-Hell mode unlocks a custom title and fight cash (which is used to buy cosmetics, outfits and characters).
-You can level up your characters in this mode, which unlocks fight cash.
-It is all best of 1 match, and if you lose a match, your run ends.

The PC version has had a few hiccups, but only for certain people. The game thus far has had issues using certain laptop graphics cards and has some other "usual day 1" issues... although it still hasn't crashed on me. For comparison's sake, by this point with The Phantom Pain on the same PC I had a blue screen and 6 random screen filtering glitches (although I fixed 4 of those in game by teleporting), while with Fallout 4 I had 3 crashes, 3 minute long loading times (on an SSD), 2 load screens that never loaded, and 7 "stuck with no way out" incidents where I had to reboot.

(those two games are optimized fine now btw)

The only problem with the offline is:
1. Survival mode unlocks for only the costume you are wearing (please fix this Capcom).
2. Fight money and character level ups/experience can only be done when online. You can however earn fighter colors offline (or so I hear).
3. Various modes are being held off until March with the story mode dropping in June.
4. You can't face CPU's in vs. mode (although you can in training mode). I'm pretty sure this is coming in March with other stuff.
5. Some controllers aren't natively supported yet, namely legacy (PS3/Xbox 360) controllers or so I hear. Expect a fix in March.
6. The character story mode, to put into words, isn't difficult at all. Enemies hardly attack at all. It's like facing level 1 bots in Smash.
7. The Survival Mode doesn't really begin to have any resemblance of challenge until past round 20, and it doesn't begin to challenge non-stupid spamming until about level 50.
8. The loading times can be pretty long for games. I would suggest putting this on a SSD if you have one (this goes for PS4 users too via external SSD's).
9. Makoto isn't confirmed yet.
10. Ibuki isn't out yet.
11. Did I mention Makoto and Ibuki yet?
12. Seriously where's Makoto and when's Ibuki?

\\

Overall if you wanna play locally 1v1 on PC, the game will be great to you, although you might experience hiccups outside of server issues (I haven't yet though other than server crash caused super loading times).

The PC port has been fantastic to me. It's pretty well optimized, the backdrops look about 5-25% better than the last beta (although the background characters are still going at 30fps and it shows; another reminder why frame rates matter in fighting games lmao!), Gameplay-wise this feels like the fighting game I wish IV was (it wasn't my cup of tea).

Overall it is what we expected pretty much day 1... broken servers, netcode issues, and people complaining.

People especially on the PC platform overreacted to this game. They reacted worse to this game than the PC port of Mortal Kombat X (after MK9 and Injustice had broken netplay and dozens of bugs), and that game was so unplayable and so awfully supported, developer supported dropped for that game in less than a year without informing anyone (oh and a outside undermanned 3rd party studio did the port for that; WB Games lol).

Gamers like to overreact to specific titles a lot. Remember when Diablo III totally tanked because day 1 sucked and it was a pretty empty game? Me neither. I played the 2 Splatoon online demos and 80% of the time it didn't work for me and many other people. Did Splatoon fail? No. Day 1 growing pains and issues suck, but it isn't the end of the world, especially when none of it directly impacts the gameplay (wells sans online play).

Meanwhile Fallout 4 looks average visually, doesn't perform well on any gaming platform it is on frame rate-wise, had loads of crash/getting stuck/freeze issues, lots of frame rate stuttering issues, glitches where it would load forever or not load on loading screens... and the vast majority of people weren't freaking out. In fact, the silence was deafening from most gamers. It was a hit and criticism of it by these same group of people was responded to negatively.

For some reason Bethesda is God with PC gamers but Capcom is the devil, even though Capcom has done a much better job at PC ports than Bethesda in the last 3 years... and made better games.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
Gamers like to overreact to specific titles a lot. Remember when Diablo III totally tanked because day 1 sucked and it was a pretty empty game? Me neither. I played the 2 Splatoon online demos and 80% of the time it didn't work for me and many other people. Did Splatoon fail? No.
People are expecting the game to crash and burn because of early online issues?

Have these people never played a video game in the last seven years?

Honestly, the biggest issue SF5 has is the sheer lack of things to do alone.

9. Makoto isn't confirmed yet.
Truly the biggest issue with SFV at this point in time.

Yeah, reading all the Steam reviews is kinda depressing (but it is Steam, so that's to be expected). Lots of people acting like the sky is falling because there are server issues at launch, as if that doesn't happen with literally every online-focused game ever.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So I've done:
-All 16 of the character story modes.
-All 16 characters on survival mode on easy to get each of their's 3rd costume + a nameplate with them on it.
-Chun-Lin another time on easy to get her other costume's 3rd color (note: you gotta do it each time for each outfit, which should be changed IMO).
-Nash on medium in survival mode to get his 4th, 5th and 6th colors.
-Played one online match that I think was unranked.

I have 251k fighter money after all that. DLC characters cost 100k fighter money, and costumes cost 60k fighter money.

These characters are going to be so easy to buy. I could have done all this in under 2 hours. In addition to that I enjoyed doing these tasks a lot.

The thing that is going to "cost a lot" or rather make it harder to grind to get will be the DLC costumes for characters. Like MOBA game developers, Capcom is going to put a ton out there in Street Fighter V. That is where Capcom is going to make a lot of their extra earnings, but in order to do that there's gotta be some great outfits. I expect there will be a ton of quality outfits, again like MOBA's. They're completely optional and purely aesthetic so having a bunch isn't a problem.

Ehhh... I mean if you don't like doing a lot of the training room, don't have local people to play and don't like doing online matches a lot I get why you wouldn't like it right now. But like... if you're one of those people, your best option would be to just play the game from time to time until the content builds up. Eventually the game will be to your liking.

But the online reaction to the technical issues for Day 1 are ridiculous. Yes the servers went down a lot and had issues maintaining connections. Capcom fixed that issue within 24 hours, and that was after releasing the game 12 hours early. But nope, the internet is acting like it killed Street Fighter V... all while it is swiftly becoming the best-selling Street Fighter launch ever most likely.

Compared to CS:GO, which was unplayable online for at least a month for many people (and that game is played nearly exclusively online), this isn't an issue at all. Add in that the net code doesn't have large buffer delays like IV had and is also very good with few frame drops, and the problems are even smaller than they seem. Seriously, this is a KI level net code.

\\

Street Fighter V isn't exactly early access because the gameplay is essentially finished, it is very well balanced, and honestly comparing this to like Day Z is a joke. Yet on the flip side Street Fighter V lacks the features to be considered a full commercial product like one would traditionally expect. Street Fighter V right now is an arcade release essentially. Over time Street Fighter V will gradually become a full commercial product, then it will develop into something beyond that... a MOBA-like fighting game!

The player feedback aspect and Capcom's ability to use online information and details will make this game so much better in the long run, especially with the smarter toned down gameplay of V compared to IV. This allows the players who are into playing the game ASAP regardless of features to enjoy, digest, and review the product right now to built it up while players who want to wait for features to do so.

Theoretically, everyone should win, and eventually, that will clearly be the case. The way Street Fighter V is built up will be to everyone's liking. It is a proven model, as MOBA's have shown us.

\\

If anything this model of gaming is a way to make developers money while not ripping off fans by making invisible paywalls for fans (unless they don't want to play to unlock stuff), and it is simply much easier to do so than MOBA's. Street Fighter V as I mentioned earlier won't have characters that take 10 hours to unlock like League of Legends or Heroes of the Storm. It also won't have mandatory $30 expansion packs like SF IV had with Super and Ultra or DLC for $30 you must buy like Mortal Kombat has every 5 months if you want to play all the new characters and game modes. While yes you can buy characters, you can very easily unlock them.

Sorry, but I'll take this method instead any day of the week. This is the model gamers have been waiting for, and hopefully a fair "play to earn" model like this becomes something fighting game developers consider in the future. Sorry Sakurai, but I don't wanna pay $7.99 for 7 DLC characters again.
Truly the biggest issue with SFV at this point in time.
If Makoto is in Season 2 I will freak out!!! Makoto in this game would be a hand and glove fit!
Yeah, reading all the Steam reviews is kinda depressing (but it is Steam, so that's to be expected). Lots of people acting like the sky is falling because there are server issues at launch, as if that doesn't happen with literally every online-focused game ever.
I mean just look at Fallout 4. If you complained about real technical and legitimate issues with the game, you'd get barked at by Bethesda super fanboys who decry all criticism towards their beloved gaming overlords. Because fanboys did that Bethesda found these complaints and responded to these complaints slower than they otherwise would have. The Fallout 4 community literally held Fallout 4 back from being more playable. That is insane, and that is where many gamers are trying to lead gaming to now.

The issues with the servers are 98% dealt with and didn't even last a full day, arcade mode + other major missing features drop in a month, the gameplay is the best at launch Street Fighter game ever, and yet the complaining won't stop.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero

The lack of modes is evident, but no doubt the game will be getting further free content down the line to which I believe the game will bloom eventually just like Splatoon (if thats a good example.)

So I'm literally going to assume that we may know which characters are possibly going to make it within future seasons?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The lack of modes is evident, but no doubt the game will be getting further free content down the line to which I believe the game will bloom eventually just like Splatoon (if thats a good example.)
It'll be like the free price of Splatoon mixed with Killer Instinct's seasons, although there will be costumes that you can only get by paying real money.
So I'm literally going to assume that we may know which characters are possibly going to make it within future seasons?
Yeah C. Viper, Sakura, Decapre, Oro and Gouken and maybe Juni and Dark Ryu were strongly hinted at. All of the 6 confirmed DLC characters but Alex and Urien appear in some way too.

There's also 2 potential newcomers strongly hinted at and another 2 or 3 characters shown that may be newcomers as well.

Other characters got cameos too in other ways.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Ono teased at Sagat and mentioned Blanka (unfortunately), so I think it's fair to say that those two will be DLC at some point. Then of course there's the obvious ones, like Gouken, Viper, etc. And some people think Azam will be playable, which would be kickass.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
LOL Alex is gonna be 100k & thats it?
Every character is going to be 100k.

Crap is mad easy to unlock. Playing online nets you fight money too via fighter level ups (don't rely on the wins or games played getting you fighter gold). Switching characters makes it even easier.

The only thing you might have to dough up for (past pay-only outfits) are the outfits because Capcom is gonna release tonssssssssssssssssssssssssssss of them. I don't see how anyone can have a problem with that though, since those are optional.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I didn't realize the game came out Tuesday until I got an email from the PlayStation Store the day before. I'm hoping to get it soon.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
No doubt that I believe Sakura, Viper and Oro are likely candidates as future DLC for sure. As for newcomers I would say Azam and Ed are the possible candidates. Even though it is difficult to say at the moment, but do you guys think Helen would be playable?

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
After playing for a day I am rather happy with birdie.

It's Like if Ghost rider in umvc3 was decent xD

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No doubt that I believe Sakura, Viper and Oro are likely candidates as future DLC for sure. As for newcomers I would say Azam and Ed are the possible candidates. Even though it is difficult to say at the moment, but do you guys think Helen would be playable?
Helen and the police officer Dhalsim were playable are possible, but I think Ed and especially Azam will get in first (assuming Helen is ever playable).

Also Gouken and Dark Ryu were strongly hinted at in Ryu's story, and there were numerous text message cameos in Rashid's story.

The 2nd wave of DLC should have more characters than the 1st wave, so we could see a lot of interesting choices.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Helen and the police officer Dhalsim were playable are possible, but I think Ed and especially Azam will get in first (assuming Helen is ever playable).
I believe the police officer's name is called Mahesh, I think. There isn't much that we know about Helen so far, but hopefully we'll know a bit more of her character soon. What sort of fight styles do you think Ed and Azam would have?

Also Gouken and Dark Ryu were strongly hinted at in Ryu's story, and there were numerous text message cameos in Rashid's story.
Ah yes, I completely forgot about those two and I'd say they may have a shot of being in the game. I would also like to mention Sean in Laura's story but I'm not entirely too sure about his chances though so for now, I think he's 50/50. Who were the cameos involved in Rashid's story again?

The 2nd wave of DLC should have more characters than the 1st wave, so we could see a lot of interesting choices.
Agree with you there. I just want all future waves of DLC to consist of returning faves along with some newcomer characters.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I believe the police officer's name is called Mahesh, I think. There isn't much that we know about Helen so far, but hopefully we'll know a bit more of her character soon. What sort of fight styles do you think Ed and Azam would have?
Well she'd be another psychic character of sorts, although judging by how different Rose and Bison are... the possibilities are very open.

I think if she's planned to be added in the future she will reappear a lot more and be teased harder, like Ed and especially Azam. After all Azam was complimented to the moon by several veterans; the only character who isn't playable who was who was complemented with greater sincerity was Oro, who is probably the strongest character in the canon.

\\

As for Ed's style... I would expect a situation where he's similar to the SF V version of Ken to Ryu when compared to Bison. As for Azam, I suspect a powerhouse with surprising speed but hardly any health or special moves.
Ah yes, I completely forgot about those two and I'd say they may have a shot of being in the game. I would also like to mention Sean in Laura's story but I'm not entirely too sure about his chances though so for now, I think he's 50/50.
Sean I'm beginning to think has a better and better chance as time goes on. Which is good for me, because I enjoyed him a lot in SF III. He actually might be the only character in III I enjoyed more in Second Impact than Third Strike, and he's probably the best designed character in vanilla III (which btw age still reveals that to be pretty meh).
Who were the cameos involved in Rashid's story again?
Lots of people via text messages, IM's, etc. Hakan, Abel (who name dropped Sagat), Poison and a few others were mentioned. I can't recall them all off the top of my head sadly.
Agree with you there. I just want all future waves of DLC to consist of returning faves along with some newcomer characters.
I just want a "white whale" drop already. I mean... Tekken 7 had Akuma, Smash 4 had Cloud, Bayonetta and Ryu, and Soul Caliber has had tons of cool crossover characters. I want some crazy non-Street Fighter/Final Fight characters in this game (although I still want Mike Haggar).

Strider would be great, and Jin and/or Heihachi would be fantastic, especially with this game's fantastic design. I know those 2 Tekken characters aren't exactly "total shockers," but it wouldn't make them any less cool to see (I say that and I'm not even really a Tekken fan).

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I just want a "white whale" drop already. I mean... Tekken 7 had Akuma, Smash 4 had Cloud, Bayonetta and Ryu, and Soul Caliber has had tons of cool crossover characters. I want some crazy non-Street Fighter/Final Fight characters in this game (although I still want Mike Haggar).

Strider would be great, and Jin and/or Heihachi would be fantastic, especially with this game's fantastic design. I know those 2 Tekken characters aren't exactly "total shockers," but it wouldn't make them any less cool to see (I say that and I'm not even really a Tekken fan).
Well, guest characters has certainly become what I consider a trend in fighting games like you have stated some of the names from above. I am aware that there are some people who seem to oppose the idea of having guest characters but I would'nt be surprised if they add a fighter from Tekken.

finalark

SNORLAX
Well, guest characters has certainly become what I consider a trend in fighting games like you have stated some of the names from above. I am aware that there are some people who seem to oppose the idea of having guest characters but I would'nt be surprised if they add a fighter from Tekken.
The bear in Mika's story and on Zangief's stage is foreshadowing Kuma's inclusion as a guest fighter /tinfoilhat

dezeray112

Smash Hero
The bear in Mika's story and on Zangief's stage is foreshadowing Kuma's inclusion as a guest fighter /tinfoilhat
The bear does resemble a bit like Kuma from Tekken.

I am concerned that Capcom will not be able to reach their 2 million target before the end of their fiscal year, but I am hoping that the amount of content coming up within the months will help SFV improve.

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm really feeling Rashid in this game. I'm absolutely in love with his versatility and options. Although I'm still not sure how I feel about his projectile.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So guys, remember when I said leveling up your character via character story mode once and then survival mode is the best way to farm fight money?

People have dug through the upcoming challenges, and uhhh.... there are 6,912 of them, and they all likely pay out pretty good.

RIP paying for the DLC with real money.
TI am concerned that Capcom will not be able to reach their 2 million target before the end of their fiscal year, but I am hoping that the amount of content coming up within the months will help SFV improve.
I think they may 200,000 or so copies short of that 2 million copy target, but that should be close enough (note: the end of financial years for Capcom is March 31). This title is really about selling a lot over the lifespan. If Capcom can sell say about 5 million copies this year, this game is a success.
Well, guest characters has certainly become what I consider a trend in fighting games like you have stated some of the names from above. I am aware that there are some people who seem to oppose the idea of having guest characters but I wouldn't be surprised if they add a fighter from Tekken.
After Smash completely nailed 7 different 3rd party characters + characters from 30 different series, Soul Caliber and Dead or Alive have had some good to great 3rd party characters, and Tekken 7 just absolutely nailed Akuma, I think 3rd party guests in fighting games should become the standard, or even just non-franchise characters.

Street Fighter will always be 95% about Street Fighter and Final Fight debuting characters, and that is okay. But adding select Capcom characters like Strider into the mix would be nice. Additionally adding 3rd party characters who fit in with the Street Fighter series, namely Jin and Heihachi from Tekken (Kazuya would be cool tool), would be awesome. Those two just seem like they would be perfect in Street Fighter V.

New characters from other IP's, other studios and other creators tend to be entirely different. Adding different kind of characters is exactly what attracts new gamers, and gets fans new and old hyped.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I think they may 200,000 or so copies short of that 2 million copy target, but that should be close enough (note: the end of financial years for Capcom is March 31). This title is really about selling a lot over the lifespan. If Capcom can sell say about 5 million copies this year, this game is a success.
I could see that happen. As I may have already mentioned, with the amount of content coming up as the months progress, I feel that the game will reach its potential.

After Smash completely nailed 7 different 3rd party characters + characters from 30 different series, Soul Caliber and Dead or Alive have had some good to great 3rd party characters, and Tekken 7 just absolutely nailed Akuma, I think 3rd party guests in fighting games should become the standard, or even just non-franchise characters.

Street Fighter will always be 95% about Street Fighter and Final Fight debuting characters, and that is okay. But adding select Capcom characters like Strider into the mix would be nice. Additionally adding 3rd party characters who fit in with the Street Fighter series, namely Jin and Heihachi from Tekken (Kazuya would be cool tool), would be awesome. Those two just seem like they would be perfect in Street Fighter V.

New characters from other IP's, other studios and other creators tend to be entirely different. Adding different kind of characters is exactly what attracts new gamers, and gets fans new and old hyped.
I do agree with this and I believe that out of all the video games which I am satisfied with guest character inclusions would be Smash.

Plus, I would not be surprised if a Tekken character makes it as a guest for SFV considering Ono and Harada's friendship.

Other than Tekken and Final Fight, which other guest characters do you think would fit within the universe of Street Fighter?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I could see that happen. As I may have already mentioned, with the amount of content coming up as the months progress, I feel that the game will reach its potential.
CS:Go didn't really start selling until a few months past, the online issues faded, the balancing got good, and the amount of content increased. I suspect we may see a similar situation to that, although the game balance right now feels pretty good.
I do agree with this and I believe that out of all the video games which I am satisfied with guest character inclusions would be Smash.
I would throw in SC II with Link, Heihachi and Spawn as well. Ezio from Assassins Creed was a pretty decent pick in SC5 as well. Kratos was alright too for the PSP SC.
Plus, I would not be surprised if a Tekken character makes it as a guest for SFV considering Ono and Harada's friendship.
The only good thing to come out of SFxT was that the Tekken characters were pretty well designed. Additionally seeing Akuma work so wonderfully in the Tekken universe has me hopeful for Tekken characters.

It would be interesting to see 1 or more Tekken characters in SF V without meters but with considerably better stats and/or very good meter-free special moves to compromise. Now that would be an intriguing design shift in characters.
Other than Tekken and Final Fight, which other guest characters do you think would fit within the universe of Street Fighter?
-Strider who I already mentioned. He worked pretty well in MvC, and could be adjusted to SF V pretty well. I think he has a decent chance actually.
-A few Darkstalkers characters would suffice as well. Morrigan is the obvious pick, but Capcom could go with a more monstrous looking character. I could see it happening.
-Maybe Nathan Spencer? He's the main character of Bionic Commando, and worked out fairly well in MvC3. I doubt there's a hope though.
-Frank West from Dead Rising has no shot, but could actually function pretty well. I could see him fitting the style of SF V strangely enough.

Note: I don't think a Resident Evil, Mega Man, Okami, Viewtiful Joe or Devil May Cry character would transfer over well. I also don't think there's a way to implement Phoenix Wright in the SF series either.
-Terry Bogard would work, or really any SNK fighting game character at this point. But since Terry is the main character there, I think he gets priority.
-Jacky Bryant from Virtua Fighter would additionally be a great pick. Akira could work, but I think Jacky is a better and flashier choice.
-Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive could function as a pretty interesting choice.
-Sol Badguy from Guilty Gear could be totally unconventional and excellent.
-F-Zero's own Captain Falcon would look incredible in a Street Fighter game. You all know you would eat that up!
-Mewtwo from Pokémon would also be a crazy pick. Psychic powers galore!
-Wolverine and/or Magneto from Disney's Marvel Comics are already amazing in various Marvel/Capcom crossovers. They could easily be somewhat turned down offensively, so a transition to Street Fighter would be pretty interesting and seamless.

Last edited:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Vega is soooooooooo fun. It's weird that he's not a charge character now, but I feel like making him a motion character really fits his personality, definitely gives him the style you'd expect.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Sort of makes it seem like he should've been a motion character the whole time. Especially considering his movement lol

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Got the game Saturday, and it's a really enjoyable experience so far in term of gameplay.

As I expected, Rainbow Mika is the most fun character to me, seconded by Chun-Li (I still tend to play character by affinity more than by moveset).

But that survival mode... Normal difficulty, the 25 battles are easy, and then it suddenly because very hard.

But CPUs seems to be unable to counter cross ups. I literrally felt like a 12 year old kid discovering Kirby in Smash, as I managed to finish it by spamming Mika's Divebomb. For some reasons, CPUs weren't able to block that, being a cross up or not.

And this only to find out that the colors are bad, and the good ones are in hard difficulty. I'm going to have fun with this.

Got the game Saturday, and it's a really enjoyable experience so far in term of gameplay.

As I expected, Rainbow Mika is the most fun character to me, seconded by Chun-Li (I still tend to play character by affinity more than by moveset).

But that survival mode... Normal difficulty, the 25 battles are easy, and then it suddenly because very hard.

But CPUs seems to be unable to counter cross ups. I literrally felt like a 12 year old kid discovering Kirby in Smash, as I managed to finish it by spamming Mika's Divebomb. For some reasons, CPUs weren't able to block that, being a cross up or not.

And this only to find out that the colors are bad, and the good ones are in hard difficulty. I'm going to have fun with this.
The fact that most of her good colors are locked behind Hard Survival is criminal. It's a crime. It should be against the law. It might already be. At least the green one's alright.

Survival mode sounds cool on paper, but in practice it sucks. Like you said, 90 percent of it is filled with braindead CPUs, and then they go Super Turbo on your ass. For the bulk of it, I'd just Irish whip them into the corner, forward + fierce, and wingless airplane over and over again.

Top Bottom