• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter V

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
the next three characters will all be rushdown frametrap characters. please understand

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Tekken 7: Geese trailer

DBFZ: Future Trunks Trailer

Arc Systems: BlazBlue crossover announced

SFV...

No wonder they cancelled their EVO panel hahaha.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tekken 7: Geese trailer

DBFZ: Future Trunks Trailer

Arc Systems: BlazBlue crossover announced

SFV...

No wonder they cancelled their EVO panel hahaha.
Capcom's announcements were disappointing as a whole, but I won't open that can of worms with MvCI here.

Honestly, I am not interested in any of the Season 2 fighters other than Akuma. I have been patiently waiting for Season 2 to just end. I'm in the boat of wanting to see older characters than new ones. I'm surprised that Capcom did this approach for a game that has a rapidly declining player base, but that's the risk they took.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
So with that, the Season 2 leak is definitely true, meaning that the next two characters are going to be Menat (Rose function) and Zeku (Guy function).

Fortunately, Rose and Guy were two characters I loved playing in SFIV, so I'm pretty happy with this. I can't imagine other people are, though.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Capcom's announcements were disappointing as a whole, but I won't open that can of worms with MvCI here.

Honestly, I am not interested in any of the Season 2 fighters other than Akuma. I have been patiently waiting for Season 2 to just end. I'm in the boat of wanting to see older characters than new ones. I'm surprised that Capcom did this approach for a game that has a rapidly declining player base, but that's the risk they took.
What really baffles me is that Capcom decided to reveal their ugliest new function during probably the most publicized FG event of the year. Menat's design looked sort of cool in Ed's story, so why not show her instead? Or better yet, why not show a fan favorite function like Sakura or Sagat to bring in some players who were skeptical of SFV? Of course the latter would never happen because that would require effort which we all know Capcom is incapable of at this point.

Why Capcom thought it would be a good idea to make an entire season of unknown functions is beyond me. All I can is that I'm really glad I didn't buy the season pass. Not even Alex's nostalgia costume can get me excited for this game.

meaning that the next two characters are going to be Menat (Rose function) and Zeku (Guy function)
Those two look alright based on their SFV profile arts. Can't wait to see Capcom completely butcher their in-game appearances, especially considering Abigail's art looks nothing like the actual version.

D

Deleted member

What really baffles me is that Capcom decided to reveal their ugliest new function during probably the most publicized FG event of the year. Menat's design looked sort of cool in Ed's story, so why not show her instead? Or better yet, why not show a fan favorite function like Sakura or Sagat to bring in some players who were skeptical of SFV? Of course the latter would never happen because that would require effort which we all know Capcom is incapable of at this point.

Why Capcom thought it would be a good idea to make an entire season of unknown functions is beyond me. All I can is that I'm really glad I didn't buy the season pass. Not even Alex's nostalgia costume can get me excited for this game.

Those two look alright based on their SFV profile arts. Can't wait to see Capcom completely butcher their in-game appearances, especially considering Abigail's art looks nothing like the actual version.
LOL You're definitely taking this whole function thing and running with it. :p

After Season 1's string of admittedly good content in terms of characters functions, I was thinking of getting the Season 2 Pass, but I couldn't get excited after hearing that the functions after Akuma would be entirely new. I mean, they could've made this season half new functions and half old functions and that would've been a fairer compromise.

Nothing is making me want to pick up SFV again, and there is nothing to return to after online mode. The fact that there isn't an arcade mode even still is incredibly baffling to me.
If Sakura is back in SFV, I would definitely pick the game back up; she's my SF4 main and I desperately want her back. That Super SFV leak better be real, but it sounds too good to be true to be honest.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
t.

Akuma's profile art design was hideous, but his in-game appearance is a lot better. Hopefully, this is the case with the upcoming functions.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
My God, an interesting-looking function with a competent design? This is truly the end of the world.

The music in that trailer is really damn good, too.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
SFV Arcade Edition coming January 2018. Includes arcade mode (based on each main SF entry), extra battle mode, new v-triggers, menu revamps, and lots of other new additions.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumsl...et-fighter-v-arcade-edition-coming-january-16

Although not 100% confirmed, based on the arcade versions it's implied that Sagat might be coming (4 opponents in SFI, only SFI characters we have now are Ryu, Ken, and Birdie).

This is really amazing news. Hopefully Capcom manages to pull this off with no major issues (but knowing them that's bound to happen).

dezeray112

Smash Hero
SFV Arcade Edition coming January 2018. Includes arcade mode (based on each main SF entry), extra battle mode, new v-triggers, menu revamps, and lots of other new additions.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumsl...et-fighter-v-arcade-edition-coming-january-16

Although not 100% confirmed, based on the arcade versions it's implied that Sagat might be coming (4 opponents in SFI, only SFI characters we have now are Ryu, Ken, and Birdie).

This is really amazing news. Hopefully Capcom manages to pull this off with no major issues (but knowing them that's bound to happen).
So it seems. I'm actually liking their arcade mode in the update.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Well, it took them two years, but Capcom finally decided to finish Street Fighter V!

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Surprise this hasn't been posted yet:

Sakura, Blanka, Falke (newcomer), Cody, G (newcomer), and Sagat confirmed for Season 3.

The new intro is really amazing, and I'm glad they revealed the characters ahead of time.

ALSO STREET FIGHTERS 1 - 3 + ALPHA COMING TO STEAM AND OTHER PLATFORMS!!!

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Another mysterious blonde character and an Abrahak Lincoln-wanna be? Excited to see Sakura, Blanka, and Sagat back but I was hoping a more radical redesign like Sakura got for them. Not a huge fan of Cody but digging his redesign. I was hoping for an different Alpha character like Sodom, Eagle, Maki, or Gen.

D

Deleted member

I'm more than happy to see Sakura is in Street Fighter V. It's finally time to dust off my copy of SFV!
The other characters are cool, but Sakura is pretty much all I care about. I main her in SF4 and was pretty sad that she didn't make it on the initial roster.

D

Deleted member

Anyways, I really liked the CGI trailer and its also nice to see that Capcom decided to unveil all the characters within the 3rd Season Pass.
Street Fighter V is worth playing again now that Sakura is going to be added.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Season 3 patchnotes: http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumsl...tch-notes-for-street-fighter-v-arcade-edition

As an Alex main I'm not sure how I feel about these. While the buffs are nice I feel like he should've gotten more. Did Abigail really need all of those buffs?

REMINDER: Starting on January 16th, you will NOT be able to earn FM from previously available trials, survivals, character stories so grind them now!

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Maybe because Street Fighter V is so inexpensive nowadays or maybe because of the Arcade Edition improvements, but it seems like a lot more people are playing the game now.

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
G is a Awesome character plus it's nice that Sagat is back
Here's a list of characters that i want for Season 4 plus
Hakan
Fei Long
Oro(SF3)
Eagle(SFAlpha)
Sodam
Necro(SF3)
Q(SF3)
Maki
Philippe(FF2 Boss)
Brand New Characters and Countries that aren’t use in Street Fighter

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Its been a long while since the last post. Anyways, director and producer of Street Fighter V Takayuki Nakayama and Shuhei Matsumoto presented a Summer Update which saw Dan Hibiki, Rose, Oro and Rival School's Akira Kazama being confirmed for the final season pass. There is one more character who is yet to be revealed which makes me wonder exactly who is the last character of the pass?

Top Bottom