• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter V

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Helen/Kolin confirmed:

She looks really fun to use. Interesting that they redesigned her face.

I'll probably main her.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I have to say, I'm intrigued. If she's as fun to play as they make her look, this season may not be all that bad.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Also happy to hear in the link that we're getting additional balance changes to S2. I feel like we really needed it, so I'm glad. I really hope the top don't get changed too much. They just need to address the problems for characters towards the bottom half of the roster.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Here is her costumes:

Story costume is probably my favorite. Her battle costume is basically a copy of the one Cammy has.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Also happy to hear in the link that we're getting additional balance changes to S2. I feel like we really needed it, so I'm glad. I really hope the top don't get changed too much. They just need to address the problems for characters towards the bottom half of the roster.
I'm praying that they fix F.A.N.G and Alex.
Here is her costumes:

Story costume is probably my favorite. Her battle costume is basically a copy of the one Cammy has.
I'm definitely rocking the secretary outfit.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Watching the capcomfighters stream that has Lupe and Daigo, Kolin kind of looks weird. I'm sure she'll have some setups, but I can't expect anything too crazy since it is SFV after all. Her normals look underwhelming for this build. Hopefully she ends up decent once the update hits. I know they're being careful because of CPT, but they shouldn't be so scared on certain design decisions.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Some Kolin gameplay videos:

Yeah her normals seem really bad and V-trigger is not what I expected. She still looks fun though.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Here is Kolin's character story:

I'm starting to think the Lee Everett colonel guy might have a chance of being a character at some point. Same with Gill eventually.

So how are you guys liking Kolin so far? I think she's fun but her normals are really stubby and her mobility is pretty bad. Her counter is hard to use but so satisfying when you get the EX version.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Please don't.

In other news, got my new arcade stick maybe a week ago. Old one had issues and I didn't feel like replacing the parts when I had to rely on legacy functions for fighting games. Feels good not having to use pad again. I haven't tried out Kolin since I haven't played in a long while, but did they add balance changes yet? Or is that for later.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Balance changes should be coming later this month.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Kolin's subpar animation quality is further proof that Capcom is really pulling resources away from SFV.

I think they're really trying to make Marvel Infinite great since SFV is permanently tainted in everyone's mind.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So are we going to be getting anything special this year aside from the 6 characters? I feel like we'll just be getting the characters, a few costumes, and nothing else.

Also I'm now worried if we will even be getting a balance patch at all. CPT will be starting soon and that was the whole reason we didn't get any major fixes for a whole year.

If a new balance patch does come out, what do you guys want to see? I'm hoping they at least nerf Balrog and Urien (especially with how ridiculous EX dash low and EX tackle are) a bit and maybe buff a few of the lower tiers like Alex and FANG.

Kolin's subpar animation quality is further proof that Capcom is really pulling resources away from SFV.

I think they're really trying to make Marvel Infinite great since SFV is permanently tainted in everyone's mind.
If this is the case then I guess we really will get nothing else in SFV this year. Hoping Capcom learned their lesson with SFV and makes Infinite good (but knowing them I doubt it).

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Poor Alex. I really thought that season 2 change (intentional or not) was really cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DkmD9oGxjE
If this is the case then I guess we really will get nothing else in SFV this year. Hoping Capcom learned their lesson with SFV and makes Infinite good (but knowing them I doubt it).
Hopefully. It'll be a toss up on how it ends up.

The Good: We got Combofiend on this
The Bad: They're working with Marvel, so who knows what restrictions are put or if it'll be rushed out
The Mystery: Capcom is doing this in-house unlike this and last gen.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I find the lack of Bison disturbing, and I'm sad F.A.N.G didn't get more changes.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
My thoughts on the patch

Pros: Top characters didn't get touched much. Keep the fun characters staying fun, the game desperately needs it. Alex finally getting some decent buffs for once. M DPs being decent for anti-airing again is a very welcomed change.

Cons: Fang still seems garbage. No patch regarding input lag or QoL fixes like how rematch works. No meterless reversals still.

Neutral: Throw tech OS is changed. Not gone, but only made harder. A little meaningless imo, but whatever.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I like that they didn't put meterless reversals back in. It really helps characters like Bison who have no answer to it, and it was probably the best thing they've done to this game.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
It seems Capcom will be at Wondercon later this week, they will be holding their 30th anniversary panel.

"Get an exclusive look at the latest news and updates surrounding the year-long celebrations of Street Fighter's 30th anniversary. Expect sneak peeks at all the products and titles being developed, updates on the Capcom Pro Tour, and a few surprises as well!"

http://www.comic-con.org/wca/programming-schedule

I wonder if they are going to unveil the next Season 2 character there?

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Spoilers: it's another reused character from the story.

Really I'm just hoping for Marvel news. I'm somewhat satisfied with the current SFV roster for the time being, and the only thing that'd make me more interested in new characters was if they somehow squeezed in a guest character. Viper, Honda, Blanka, Sakura, Sagat and Rose Season 3 when

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I have a feeling we'll get Marvel info there from them. If we don't, then I have no idea when the next chance is going to be.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Oh yeah, that Bison stage that was announced a year ago and then never spoken of again.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Just getting into Street Fighter and am currently using keyboard to play. Any recommendations on entry level fight sticks?
The Hori RAP 4 is one of the cheapest options (goes for $150 regularly, can drop down to like $120 on sales), has a native PS3>PS4 converter, is incredibly easy to open up and modify, and generally feels awesome to use (though the buttons are a bit clicky). I'm biased because it's the stick I use but if you've never used one before that's an excellent choice.

Of course there's always second-hand sticks from the SF4 days but your mileage may vary with regards to finding those.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
http://www.capcom-unity.com/harriso...beta-test-results-and-season-2-balance-update

After the entire CFN beta test, Capcom decided that it wasn't enough. So now we'll be getting the new patch, new character, and yet another beta test not in April. But hey, at least we have a new stage and another Chun-Li costume coming this month!

This game is a joke.
What, you thought we'd be getting the April patch in April? Haven't you learned how to speak Capcom yet? If they say the patch will be released in April, then they actually mean that it'll be released in May.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I could count one hand the number of costumes Bison has. It'd take hands and feet to count Chun-Li's.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I really wouldn't mind if Zeku made it, since they probably have no intention of putting Guy in.

That said, I still really want Azam to be playable, and I'd be kind of triggered if thet put Menat in and not him.

D

Deleted member

I want the Super Street Fighter V rumor to be true, but it has that aura of "it's too good to be true."
The thing with the second season is that I don't care about a single fighter other than Akuma. I was honestly deflated when I heard that all of the season 2 characters besides Akuma would be new. I don't care about Kolin or Ed or any of the rumored future 3 characters...
The character I want the most is Sakura, who is a part of the leak. If she is back I'll definitely play more SFV. As it stands, the game is barebones with no arcade mode making the game less replayable.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm pretty lucky that Kolin ended up working out for me. Initially no interest, especially her default outfit. She ended up fitting my style so well that I've actually put Ibuki on the side for now. But yeah, I don't play much now. I did load up SFV just to get from Gold to Super Gold one day just for fun, but I mostly play friends or people that request matches. Not a huge fan of S2 as a whole right now, but I don't hate it. Playing a character that can take advantage of the oppressive focus that S2 is kind of helped me out.

Top Bottom