• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter V

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yes, the good ones being in hard is definitely a crime.

The problem is that the Irish Whip can be blocked, and not that safe. On the other hand, you can do a fierce aerial to confirm the irish whip. Charged fierce kick also works when they hit the wall, and you can also do Wingless Airplane. I think that the kick and the uppercut does approximately the same damages.

But really. Spamming the Divebomb works too well. It's not fun. But it works.

Yes, the good ones being in hard is definitely a crime.

The problem is that the Irish Whip can be blocked, and not that safe. On the other hand, you can do a fierce aerial to confirm the irish whip. Charged fierce kick also works when they hit the wall, and you can also do Wingless Airplane. I think that the kick and the uppercut does approximately the same damages.

But really. Spamming the Divebomb works too well. It's not fun. But it works.
Yeah, once they start blocking the Irish whip, I start to switch it up. No matter what you end up doing, though, it's not a fun mode at all. I can kiss whatever title you get for completing Hell difficulty goodbye, because I'm jumping ship once I get those colors.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Vega is soooooooooo fun. It's weird that he's not a charge character now, but I feel like making him a motion character really fits his personality, definitely gives him the style you'd expect.
It's crazy how just a bit of a mechanic change makes him an entirely different and much more versatile character.

Street Fighter V reallllly let some characters be freed of a lot of issues. While I wasn't crazy about Ken in the betas, I really am loving how he plays. I still main Nash, but Ken so far has been a great secondary. I love all the footsies mix ups he has, and how he has so many different fairly reliable moves.

Also Nash... going from a charge character to pretty footsie reliant but with tons of spacing tools was a fantastic change. Nash in the Alpha games was alright, but taking away the charge move base, giving him a more traditional special move arsenal, and combining it with a few unconventional twists on such moves, and bang! You got a killer Street Fighter character.

Nash is so addicting to play. I've had multiple 2+ hour sessions with him (between training mode and online matches) that I didn't think were much longer than 20 minutes. That is how fun he is.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
It's crazy how just a bit of a mechanic change makes him an entirely different and much more versatile character.

Street Fighter V reallllly let some characters be freed of a lot of issues. While I wasn't crazy about Ken in the betas, I really am loving how he plays. I still main Nash, but Ken so far has been a great secondary. I love all the footsies mix ups he has, and how he has so many different fairly reliable moves.

Also Nash... going from a charge character to pretty footsie reliant but with tons of spacing tools was a fantastic change. Nash in the Alpha games was alright, but taking away the charge move base, giving him a more traditional special move arsenal, and combining it with a few unconventional twists on such moves, and bang! You got a killer Street Fighter character.

Nash is so addicting to play. I've had multiple 2+ hour sessions with him (between training mode and online matches) that I didn't think were much longer than 20 minutes. That is how fun he is.
Making Bison's V-Trigger warp his normal dash was such a ridiculous idea. I don't know who thought that was balanced, but they need a raise.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Making Bison's V-Trigger warp his normal dash was such a ridiculous idea. I don't know who thought that was balanced, but they need a raise.
Bison feels scary to fight in Street Fighter V. His punishes are good, he's got mobility, and he just hits hard.

His design is so impressive. Bison is one of many characters in SF V I have literally stopped playing the game and just felt awe over how awesome they are.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Bison feels scary to fight in Street Fighter V. His punishes are good, he's got mobility, and he just hits hard.

His design is so impressive. Bison is one of many characters in SF V I have literally stopped playing the game and just felt awe over how awesome they are.
It's funny how all it took was a belt and a trench coat to make Bison that much more threatening. I like how he just doesn't care anymore and keeps his arms crossed, too.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It's funny how all it took was a belt and a trench coat to make Bison that much more threatening. I like how he just doesn't care anymore and keeps his arms crossed, too.
They definitely got the movesets and mannerisms down for so many characters.

-M. Bison feels like a legit creepy scary huge dude.
-Nash has that Frankenstein's monster look and feel to him.
-Ken has that neo-martial art style (one you often see as a martial art branches out, like when Muay Thai found its' way to the Netherlands)
-Zangief just embodies power. His character model is essentially perfect and leaves almost no room for improvement.
-Bearded shirtless Ryu is what we all wanted Ryu to look like. (That should have been the default; to heck with traditions!)

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
F.A.N.G is surprisingly fun. I might pick him up.

On a side note, I just cleared Survival on Hard and got Bison's purple outfit and it is ****ing fabulous.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Wow, you actually had the patience to go through this mode. I'm geniunly impressed. (this mode will drive me crazy).

And I agree that the purple Bison is cool. Although I somehow like the light blue one a lot.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Wow, you actually had the patience to go through this mode. I'm geniunly impressed. (this mode will drive me crazy).

And I agree that the purple Bison is cool. Although I somehow like the light blue one a lot.
I don't how I did it, but I did it in the name of fashion. Dictators have to look good too, you know.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
F.A.N.G is surprisingly fun. I might pick him up.

On a side note, I just cleared Survival on Hard and got Bison's purple outfit and it is ****ing fabulous.
I can't beat hard with any character for the life of me.

In fighting games I just can't help but sandbag really hard against CPU's. TBH I'm surprised I even beat survival on normal with Nash! :laugh:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I can't beat hard with any character for the life of me.

In fighting games I just can't help but sandbag really hard against CPU's. TBH I'm surprised I even beat survival on normal with Nash! :laugh:
I can only do it with Bison, which is just as well because he's one of the few characters I play as.

Haze.

not a nice guy
Finally sat down and played for a bit. Was able to reach bronze rank in my first session after an 8 win streak. I'll definitely have to put some more effort into the game, had a lot of fun so far.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Been doing better since I got my Hori Fighting Commander pads.

I actually order the one of the left earlier today actually. It will be a nice upgrade from the gamepad I am using now.

I figured I would transition to a more suitable fight pad until I get a fight stick. I'll probably wind up getting Hori RAP4 Kai in due time. Not 100% positive yet on that. Plus it doesn't hurt to have both a fight pad and fight stick.

In the meantime I am hyped for the March update/Alex release news dropping this week! I can't wait to finally get some patches, added controller support, glitch fixes, and of course Alex to play as in SF V!!! :shades:

Last edited:

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Chun charged up my rage meter anyone ever make u so mad u turned into daigo

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I just found out that Psycho Reflect can counter physical attacks.
*cue "A Whole New World"*

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Pictures of Alex have finally emerged:

Thank you for updating finally updating Capcom. Now please show us Urien already.

Last edited:
Chun charged up my rage meter anyone ever make u so mad u turned into daigo
I've had a couple of glorious comebacks from like, zero HP. Well, they felt glorious in the moment. They were pretty rough in retrospect.

I'm actually considering making the switch from Mika to Cammy. While Mika can do some neat stuff in the corner, the process of getting people there can be real exhausting, since she's pretty abysmal past point-blank range. As much as I love her, I'm not feeling that she's worth the effort. I might check Alex out once he hits, though I wasn't a fan of him in 3rd Strike.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I've had a couple of glorious comebacks from like, zero HP. Well, they felt glorious in the moment. They were pretty rough in retrospect.

I'm actually considering making the switch from Mika to Cammy. While Mika can do some neat stuff in the corner, the process of getting people there can be real exhausting, since she's pretty abysmal past point-blank range. As much as I love her, I'm not feeling that she's worth the effort. I might check Alex out once he hits, though I wasn't a fan of him in 3rd Strike.
Speaking of Cammy, can we talk about her Japanese voice? "CAN OF SPRITE!"

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I know MadCatz just put out new PC drivers, but I really hope that native support for all the control options SF IV supports on PC (plus all the new Xbox One/PS4 control schemes) comes out soon.
The games lags for you? Or are you talking about the random dropped games b4 the match
When connected online it isn't too uncommon for frame drops to occur even when playing an offline match.

It's been happening less and less frequently from what I hear, but then again I never had this problem to begin with.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru

Just keep playing both characters. If you wanna main cammy do it but keep that poket R.Mika. its a good way to keep up with tech and you can see other players habbits too were as if its a character u don't it'll take a bit longer to pick up on safe & unsafe stufff

Just keep playing both characters. If you wanna main cammy do it but keep that poket R.Mika. its a good way to keep up with tech and you can see other players habbits too were as if its a character u don't it'll take a bit longer to pick up on safe & unsafe stufff
Oh, definitely. I wouldn't drop her outright, she just wouldn't be my #1 priority.

Not surprising, but the alt colors will be obtainable in the in-game shop: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/...moves-detailed-more-info-march-update-capcom/
This kinda sounds like you'll only be able to buy these brand new colors, and not the ones that are currently locked behind survival. I sincerely hope that's not the case.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
This kinda sounds like you'll only be able to buy these brand new colors, and not the ones that are currently locked behind survival. I sincerely hope that's not the case.
Having the ability to unlock the survival colors with Fight Money is a win-win situation for Capcom, I don't see why they would not make those colors available in the shop. Especially considering that we do have to pay for costumes available in the story mode.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I know MadCatz just put out new PC drivers, but I really hope that native support for all the control options SF IV supports on PC (plus all the new Xbox One/PS4 control schemes) comes out soon.

When connected online it isn't too uncommon for frame drops to occur even when playing an offline match.

It's been happening less and less frequently from what I hear, but then again I never had this problem to begin with.
o yea that sux i was wondering why the fuduck there was lag offline

Haze.

not a nice guy
I've been enjoying the game so far, the only irritating thing is how often people rage quit.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I doubt it. Hard difficulty on survival mode is too hard for most users to get loads of colors, so having the option for even just getting people to pay fight money/real money for half of the colors (since half of the colors are unlocked via hard difficulty on survival mode) makes sense and is a clear "win-win."

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So I think I might be getting SFV soon, though I want to know if it'll run well on my laptop (I don't have a good gaming desktop). Here are my specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4500U CPU @1.80GHz 2.40 GHz
RAM: 8:00 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor

[I think there's supposed to be more but I don't know how to get to it]

Do you guys think SFV will run well on a laptop like this? While online is important, I'm mainly concerned about how the game will run on offline modes (I have USFIV on my laptop and it runs flawlessly if that helps).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So I think I might be getting SFV soon, though I want to know if it'll run well on my laptop (I don't have a good gaming desktop). Here are my specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4500U CPU @1.80GHz 2.40 GHz
RAM: 8:00 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor

[I think there's supposed to be more but I don't know how to get to it]

Do you guys think SFV will run well on a laptop like this? While online is important, I'm mainly concerned about how the game will run on offline modes (I have USFIV on my laptop and it runs flawlessly if that helps).
You didn't post your graphics card, so it is impossible to tell.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
You didn't post your graphics card, so it is impossible to tell.
Graphics card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

Yeah I know it sucks but I just want to know if it can run the game without stuttering (I don't care all that much about graphics).

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I can't wait to see somebody get real good with F.A.N.G. He's really fun to watch.

Top Bottom