• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Hakan is my new favorite Street Fighter character.

Alex? Elena? Abel? El Fuerte? Claw? Ken? Rose? Birdie? **** OFF!

So, I guess he's not gay. Or maybe the rumors about him being "gay" was the play testers opinion... :/

MisterDrBob

Smash Apprentice
Lol, that's the first thing I thought when I saw him: "I guess he's not really gay."
But I'm not sure what I think as a whole. I'll definitely try him out, but he seems kind of odd. I mean what was with those wacky sound effects? He's like something out of a cartoon.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Dan is secretly way better now, he got what he needed. Dragon Punch, Focus Attack Dash Cancel, Ultra 2 is strong. His fireball goes 60% of the screen now. The rest seems untouched, but this is 'all he needed' to be a contender.
Time to unleash the fury of SAIKYO!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Watching the actual gameplay footage he seems WAY less cartoony and more serious (aside form his... "unusual" hair). The only really flat out ridiculous things about him are his Ultra I and Ultra II, but those are so hilarious who honestly gives a ****.

Apparently he's like T. Hawk and Zangief when not oiled, but when he's oiled he can chain for days. Dash also gets much better.

Still no conformation about escaping grabs/command throws when oiled up.

I'm betting when he says "I say Turkish wrestling RULES!" he's talking to Zangief during his rival fight intro.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
How about we do one for the end of May as an End of the School Year Tourney? I'm likely not going to be able to pick it up until mid May because of finals.

EDIT: I forgot. If the normals buffs are true, I'm incredibly happy. At the very least, he needed this.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
He's entering the World Warrior tournament for his daughters.

D'awww :3
Actually, he's on the lookout for exotic oils.

Hakan is the CEO of an oil company, cooking oil, to be exact, and he is searching for new oils he didn't find yet.

I love the fact that his fighting style is actually based on reality, the traditional Turkish oil wrestling, called Yağlı güreş. It looks incredibly gay (and kinda sexy), but it's hilarious, haha. I say Turkish wrestling RULES!

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I'll definitley at least try out Hakan, he's very entertaining to watch and I like grapplers. And his theme song is incredably catchy for some reason.

I agree on the oil move protecting him from grabs, it would have been a cool way to show how "superior" his grabs are to his opponents, and just be funny. Hopefully his "oiled up mode" is actually useful, alternate form specials have a tendency to be hit or miss (and often they suck due to lasting WAY TOO SHORT!).

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
WHAT CHU MEAN SAKURA DONT NEED METER TO LAND ULTRA ANYMORE? YAYHUZZ!

I agree on the oil move protecting him from grabs, it would have been a cool way to show how "superior" his grabs are to his opponents, and just be funny. Hopefully his "oiled up mode" is actually useful, alternate form specials have a tendency to be hit or miss (and often they suck due to lasting WAY TOO SHORT!).
Mr. Wizard said hakan was pretty solid in his notes, and that oil mode was like, legit good.

I was looking at a few of the vids thinkin "man, hakan has some abuse-able stuff" like that long *** bison-esque sweep.
SSIV smashboards launch tourney?
I'm game.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'll be getting this game for my PS3. If I had the money, I'd buy the 360 version also along with a PS2 to 360 converter. That's going to have to wait though. And I have to relearn SSFIV. After playing SFIV 2 or so weeks ago, I'm really bad now. Playing it like SFII isn't getting me that far.

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
he looks alright
I just didn't like their choice for his hair color
i mean like come on really? he's weird enough..
and I feel as though juri and hakan are the only sf characters that look like they don't belong in the game
like their from another game or something.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Hakan reminds me of a Power Stone character.

This is not a bad thing.

Juri looks like she fits in with SF III and Alpha characters but not so much the SF II characters.

They're both SF IV characters in the end anyway.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
IMO, I think all the newcomers look fine (maybe except for Rufus :laugh:). All the characters look wacky and the same goes for the old cast. Maybe Hakan might look out of place to some, but Juri fits in. I hope online's much better this time around. I'll be using Ibuki, so I don't want too much lag to ruin my execution. That's what made Viper so frustrating for me when I went online in IV.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I wanted to main Vega out of ethnic pride but it's not worth it, he's too much work and still not that good in SF IV.

at least I still have Super Street Fighter II Turbo and Capcom vs SNK 2.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I wanted to main Vega out of ethnic pride but it's not worth it, he's too much work and still not that good in SF IV.

That's too bad. I would've like to recreate the War of Independence between Mexico and Spain.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
IMO, I think all the newcomers look fine (maybe except for Rufus :laugh:). All the characters look wacky and the same goes for the old cast.
Viper and Abel don't look that wacky to me. Gouken neither, to be honest, but I can see him not being taken all too seriously in regard to his history and development.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
WORD! It's AOS :laugh: Whats up man ?
Golly, how did you get my PSN in the first place again? sheesh :) I'm good, i still suck at this game. I got brutalized by a weaksauce player because I'm so slow to react to anything now. I dont play much now because of school, taken up all 5 days including my weekend. Friday evenings are spent on Burnout, refer to the sig.

Vega ain't great in this game, Vega was bloody good in SF2, probably why he was nerfed hard in IV.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Everything's relative, I suppose. The best player I know is a Vega main, and as many flaws as Vega has in this game, he makes him work. Vega/Gen matches are hilarious, btw.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Fuerte Mirrors are ridiculous.

Fuerte = Mindgamer

Fuerte vs Fuerte = Mindgamer vs Mindgamer = Paradoxical match.

How do you mingame someone when they're mindgaming you, when they're really being mindgamed by the former hen the latter was mindgaming your mindgame?

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
I participated in ranked and championship mode for the first time today..

Heap loads of Ryus... Kens... Akumas... and Sagats...

and I feel like poo when I get hit by the obviously things.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Everything's relative, I suppose. The best player I know is a Vega main, and as many flaws as Vega has in this game, he makes him work. Vega/Gen matches are hilarious, btw.
Oh, of course, not trying to say otherwise.

But for playing in a competitive arcade community, Vega is too much for me to put my work into on the scene instead of Abel. The best Vega player I know even admits that Vega sucks in the game, but he does have things going for him in the proper situation.

Vega vs Gen would make my mind implode.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Fuerte Mirrors are ridiculous.

Fuerte = Mindgamer

Fuerte vs Fuerte = Mindgamer vs Mindgamer = Paradoxical match.

How do you mingame someone when they're mindgaming you, when they're really being mindgamed by the former hen the latter was mindgaming your mindgame?
Fuerte mirror matches are probably the most insane of mirror matches. They're no real indicator of skill other than possibly outsmarting yourself. It then gets worse if both of you are good at doing stuff like Tortiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilla loops.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Fuerte mirror matches are probably the most insane of mirror matches. They're no real indicator of skill other than possibly outsmarting yourself. It then gets worse if both of you are good at doing stuff like Tortiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilla loops.
TOSTADA PWESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Smooth Criminal

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
you mean Safe Tortillas?

I do that all the time, timing it correctly stuffs just about anything they do at you, even ryu's HP SRK.

I'm unsure if it'll stuff ken's ultra startup though.

Please tell me you people use his JPN voice.. his ENG voice is dumb.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I only use Japanese voices, though Hakan sounds terrible in Japanese, he'll probably be the only character in SSFIV I'll keep in English, haha.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I only use Japanese voices, though Hakan sounds terrible in Japanese, he'll probably be the only character in SSFIV I'll keep in English, haha.
Yeah, I agree. Except this time around, I'm going to try and mix them up depending which ones fit or sound better this time around.
And if Hakan's the only character I end up having on english, at least I tried. :laugh:

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I generally have characters who speak English even with their Japanese voices just use their English voice (Guile, Dudley, Zangief, Sagat...), plus characters whose English voices I like as well (Cammy, for example).

Most of the time I prefer familiarity.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
The only English voices I like are Cody, Hakan, and Dan. Rufus has his moments, and El Fuerte is just.... 70's era Looney Tunes offensive.

I HATE Vega's faux-Spanish accent.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I generally just use the voice of whatever nationality the character is and for non-English non-Japanese speakers I use whatever is less annoying/I like more. It would be cool someday if we could have a Russian voicing Zangief, and Indian voicing Dhalsim, etc.

Top Bottom