• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
More like

"Fei-Long: You were supposed to die!"
LAWL That would be better if the Ultra whiffed.

There better be a "BISON!" line in Guile's rival scene. I'd love to see this game have references to that crappy cartoon.

BTW, I'm hoping Chris Sabat voices Dudley. Both Armstrong and Dudley come from wealthy families, they're both huge, and they both have Pringles mustaches.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Viper's isn't just an air ultra, its a DIVE KICK ultra. Now that's pretty sexy.

If its a capcom fighting game, and a charecter has a decent dive kick, main that charecters because they are probably going to be at least high tier.

No wonder they think Viper is top tier in this game. Her mixup game while having a full ultra bar now just seems too good. Is she going to normal kick you, flame kick the back of your head, or ultra dive kick. Sexy as ****.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Well the term Latin is used vaguely these days. Latin can apply to anyone who's French, Spanish, or Italian. However Latino/a is applied to people from Latin America. So, Fuerte and Vega aren't placed under the same group typically. However, the a lot of Hispanics/Latinos do have Spanish blood in them, but with indigenous blood typically as well.
I mean Latin, as in the word Vega is of Latin origin, not Vega himself, who is a Spaniard.

Ryu has the same Ultra as Gouken. How... nice...

On the other hand, El Fuerte has a Hurricana. That's just plain dope.

There was really no surprise on Ken's... that's always been his second super (which is cool, since I've always liked it), so... yeah. I'm liking Dhalsim's airgrab Ultra, and Fei Long's one inch punch - just plain great. If the super version of that is just the punch itself, superfast and ready to interrupt, I'll be very, very happy.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The move is called El Fuerte Ultra Spark and it's huracán. Sorry, being nitpicky.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
It looks like there are going to be quite a few more counter moves in this one - Blanka has a counter ultra as well. The Bushin Muso Renge for Guy looks amazing as well.

Gouken has the Denjin Hadouken. That's tight. But, according to the guys playing in the vid, you can't make it unblockable anymore.

Abel's Breathless looks deadly (though, like the Bushin Muso Renge, just a bit over the top), and, hilariously enough, the Tiger Cannon looks like the Final Flash.

Addition: Akuma's Second Ultra looks... I don't want to say dumb, but it's kind of out there. Why not go with the Misogi, or a normal looking Tatsumaki Gourasen? They seem to be trying too hard to make over the top Ultras this time around.

Addition 2: 20 New Ultras. Dan yet again parodying Ryo, Vega finally has an Ultra you might be able to hit someone with, and Guile tries to do the Sonic Hurricane but Bison hits him out of it.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Blanka's new Ultra isn't a counter.
What is it, a grab? From the video it looked like a counter, what with the Anti-Air / Anti-Ground options, and how it did minimal damage and didn't go into the full animation the few times he did it before Guy slid into him.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
What is it, a grab? From the video it looked like a counter, what with the Anti-Air / Anti-Ground options, and how it did minimal damage and didn't go into the full animation the few times he did it before Guy slid into him.
No, it's just a normal attack with two variations.

Sagat's got that evasion thingy back. That'll be pretty hilarious, i think.
What evasion thing? You mean the scar touch move?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
yeah.

as seen here

Some people are saying it's NOT an evasion, and just powers up the next tiger uppercut. But I mean, it's iffy looking at that vid. You'd like to think sim timed that grab right. XD

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
We got an answer
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/jan/13/list-changes-super-street-fighter-4-vegas-build/
It's an L shaped Ultra (Like Guile's Flash Assault and Vega's Bloody High Claw) with two different versions, when you use 3 Punches it's the Anti-Air version and 3 Kicks puts it across the ground. I can see both of those being rather useful, especially considering his first Ultra got nerfed.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Rewatching the On The Spot vid from a while, I listened close and realized that they did, in fact, redo Dee Jay's theme. I know I'm just grasping at straws here, but does anyone know if that music is available anywhere yet?

I'll be semi-obsessively looking for the Street Fighter IV music, since I love listening to rearrangements of old tunes, and I love the SFII music (and I was disappointed that Honda, Balrog, and Dhalsim were passed over on the music the first time around)

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
I got SFIV...and I suck still. I still have trouble doing SOMETHING, out of FADC's. I also have trouble doing SOMETHING out of a successful Focus Attack.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Doing something out of FADCs - Depends on what you FADC. On some characters you can FADC an Ultra after a Shoryuken/Tiger Uppercut, with others all you can really do is juggle.

Doing something out of Level 3 Focus Attacks - Super, Ultra, or BnB combo for yout character.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The only changes we know is his second Ultra and his Aztec alt. Since hardly anyone plays as him (I think Gen has even fewer.), there was hardly any footage of him from CES. I was hoping to get more info, but everyone had to play Shotos, Rufus, and Balrog, bleh.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
What are the nerfs to Sagat?

And can anyone tell me how long it took you to switch from pad to stick? I'm going to probably get serious with this game since Cody and Dudley's gonna be in.

Gates

Banned via Warnings

Brightside6382

Smash Lord

And can anyone tell me how long it took you to switch from pad to stick? I'm going to probably get serious with this game since Cody and Dudley's gonna be in.
Do you have any experience with previous fighting games on a stick? If yes then the transition will be very easy. If no, then it will be awkward for awhile. SF4 isn't very technical also so I can't imagine it will be that difficult. The only thing that really takes getting used to is movements with the stick.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

It depends. I want to say that it took me around two weeks or so to adjust. Of course, I had a summer job during this transition which factored into the overall length. The things that might be difficult is timing your fingers for PPP or KKK for mostly Ultras. The hardest part, overall, will be the joystick itself. The transition can be made easier by finding your own way to hold the stick. I suggest checking this out:
http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2009/jul/08/tips-switching-pad-joystick/

Personally, I use the three-finger grip and I picked this, oddly enough, a week and a half after getting the stick.

By the way, if you live in a dorm, you'll get nice remarks about your arcade stick.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Is this a joke?
What?

I had to switch from D-Pad to Control Stick when I got SFIV as well (**** X-Box controller). It comes partially from not living anywhere near an arcade, partially from taking to the D-Pad like a fish takes to water.

I still have no interest in buying an arcade stick, since I handle the controller just fine, and the only games I have any memory of playing on one is MvC 1.

That said, I've always wanted to buy an arcade machine of MvC...

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Anyone in the GTA wanna hit me up some time? From now until late April i'm usually available on the weekends only. I don't want to play my cousin and friend only.

Don't call me a scrub for using Ken, 'cause I don't play by that flowchart. I'm still just a noob to SF, and still have some trouble initiating a few combos.

PSN: AOS-

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I have a sneaking suspicion that the latest update is hinting at something... but, being unable to read Japanese I'm in the dark about what it is...

With the pic of Street Fighter 3 and part of the cover shown (and, of course, part mysteriously hidden), I'm guessing the hint is that we're tantalizingly close to those last three characters...

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
If you read the translation, it litterally says we have a surprise next week and that the picture is blured for a reason. It also says the blog will be taking some time off, so the announcment better be huge if they want to keep things hype while they leave.

It could be two things or both.

1. Notice how the left one says ON SALE. Release date. Okay that's a given, but what does the 2nd say? Some say that is says Championship edition, so it could be that, or it could say Charecter Booklet so
2. new characters revealed.

We'll just have to wait and see. I don't think they can release the release date and that simply be enough to tie fans over while the info just stops.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Is there a translation page or link, or do I have to put my trust in Babelfish to get a translation?

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
So there is a Collector's Edition.

Don't know what's in it (looks like dvd and/or the soundtrack is an extra CD), but I'm probably going to get it anyway, cause I'm a sucker.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If the stick version were to come with all the other goodies, I might get it. I already have a modded SE Stick.

Showmeyourmoves71

Smash Rookie
Help me decide......

Which version of Street Fighter 4 should I get for my PS3: Super Street Fighter 4 or Street Fighter 4?

Top Bottom