• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Pretty much each girl appeals to some kind of fetish:

Viper: MILF
Rose: Figure and shamwow
Sakura: Schoolgirl
Karin: Princess Curls
R. Mika: Big girls
Cammy: ***
Ibuki: Ninja
Makoto: Feet and tomboy
Juni and Juli: I wonder if I should say it.
Certainly they are trying to make them attractive, but I doubt that they're specifically appealing to a fetish like that, although I'm sure they know lots of people find school girls and slits in dresses good.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero

Dude, Cammy has NO ***. Seriously, she's flat as **** unless its fan art.

That's not where the *** is at.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599

what, no Sexy thigh Chun Li?

and would Poison count? because....well, you know....

Gates

Banned via Warnings
would you guys stop talking about ****? Look at this *****in' glove.

Dudley basically confirmed for SSFIV.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
If this doesn't convince you that Dudley is in the game, then you must not know who he is and have never played a SF III game, that's the only reason I would even say is acceptable.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
You know, I need some venting off of my chest, because this has been buggin me for quite sometime now.

I've been a defender and advocate for SF:IV, I've always given it great praise, however, now after two years now of the game being released, my thoughts on the game have somewhat changed.

To put into perspective, in contrast on a strategical level, this game surpasses SFIII by 100 billion miles, however in comparison to it's OG SFII counterpart, it still doesn't even come close. It's just sad to know, that a game like SFII:HF which was made back in 1993 will still give better depth and value then even a game such as SF:IV.

SF:IV is a solid fighting game, and is by no means a joke, it is good, competitive and fun. However there has been one glaring problem that has been showing in which I did not take alot more time to consider in this game. The biggest and most fundamentally flawed aspect of Street Fighter IV is without a doubt in my mind, the stupid Ultras.

At first, I was against Ultra's completely, then I turned my face and said "Hey, no huge invincible start ups, super laggy, it's not too bad" however now after nearly a year, this Universal Option is just simply as stupid as the Supers back in ST or the Super Arts in SFIII. The Ultra's in SF:IV simply are far too powerful, is significant in tiering, limits strategy improvement and really can dictate a match up far too well.

Some may say "Well, I can agree with some of those, but limiting strategy how so?". I'll get into that in a moment, however I'll try to break down each reason why I feel Ultra's impact SF:IV far more negatively then improving it for the better.

Firstly, the Ultra's going hand in hand to who is good and who is not is nothing new to SF, however it still doesn't stop it from being stupid regardless. In Super Turbo, Balrog having the best Super in the game also contributed greatly into why he was Top-3 in that game, if you go to 3S...Yun is Middle-Tier at best, but with Genei-Jin, he is easily #2 within that game.

In SF:IV, the contrast is absolutely no different in showing, Sagat has one of the best Ultra's in the game...we all know he's #1. Ryu has by far the most abusable and the best overall Ultra in the entire SF:IV roster (console included) and he's arguably #2. Even outside of these two, the really good characters are those whom have effective to solid Ultra's. Gouki is the only lone character in the Top-Tier ranking who's not very Ultra dependent however he doesn't need it anyhow and if he did have an effective Ultra, he would easily be #1 in this game.

Here comes the limiting of Strategy improvement, from my own experience, and although now a days, and for the past months, I have barely touched the game, due in part because I have to do other more important things then play VG's all day, I was out of State/State, and also the fact that I'm losing interest in how SF:IV is played. However, away from that, I am a purist, and have always and will play Ryu in the legit SF series, period.

In SF:IV, I noticed drastically in how me as player, to where I can compensate for my lack of footsies and even zoning with Ryu, due to the fact of having Ultra. This indirectly limits me from improving myself in these categories, simply because I can cover that up with my effectiveness of landing his Metsu-Hadouken. Many multiple battles in where I would be losing, however with one single mistake that I can capitalize, I'm back in the game with SrkxxFADCxxUltra.

By having Ultra's available, I do not put as much effort into mastering my footsie games and zoning as I would have in other SF games in which didn't have these tide-turning bull****. Even when watching other Ryu players (local, out of state, out of country, and yes even in Japan and S. Korea) I can see that they are also following in the same exact trend I am doing. With availability for quick and big damage without little effort, why is there a need to improve footsies and zoning to the monster level.

It shows, and people can say all they want about Daigo's Ryu, yes, arguably the best SF:IV Ryu on the planet, however Daigo's footsie game in contrast to other Elite Ryu players significantly pales in comparison. Even someone as great as Daigo does not show the super dominant footsie game that has made Ryu so powerful through out the ages. Please, I hope people aren't getting the idea that I'm "bashing" Daigo either, or that I'm saying he's not playing a good Ryu, because he absolutely is playing Ryu good. However, with the addition of Ultra, players like Daigo, or other players are also deteriating in the strategical parts of SF that has made this game so fundamentally sound and in a way, the essence of why this fighting game was so good within the first place. In fact, the Top Level players today with their zoning and footsies in contrast to the Old Generation would not even be Top-Tier Level, but at best, the Upper-Tier level back then only

Ultra's to me, is the biggest bane with SF:IV, if you actually removed it all together, and just kept everything else, the game would become 50x better in mind, because no more stupid things like *I'm leading by 75% life and you are down to 35%...oh crap, I just got hit by your Ultra...now you are winning...wtf?!* moments. The risk/reward, pay off is simply way too high, and again can compensate for the players lack of better play. It's just depressing to know, that if you wanted the deepest, most strategical SF game of all time...you still have to back to the early 90's. SF:IV is definitely a much better and bigger improvement over SFIII, however they have a long way to go before they even reach the greatness that was in SFII.

This isn't a way to try and discourage players from not wanting to play SF:IV. However, for me, as a person who has treasured, loved this series and this game above any other game that I've ever played, I would just hope that one day, I can see a SF game that comes out in which I can say...man, that's way better, more strategical then any other SF game out before. So after two years, I feel that the game is solid, but just not up to par to the standards in which I have for this game, which is the absolute highest.

Anyhow, here's to Super Street Fighter IV in limiting ULtra's so they don't dictate as much as they do in SF:IV (although doubtful on that, I'm just "hoping"). Also, please for the love of, improve Guile a bit. Give him back his dominant CE/HF poking range back, give him better damage on his Sonic Boom for crying out loud, it's pathetic in contrast to other projectile characters, and also please, improve his Flash Kick. Seriously, the flash kick has been *** since Post-SFII, what's going on Capcom?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Because of how you mentioned supers in SFIII and in ST you seem like you're just generally againsr Super/Ultra/Hyper combos. Is that fair to say?

Also, the developers said on the Japanese blog that they are improving Guile but didn't specify how other than trying to better capture his footsies and normals style. In the Vegas build Hard Flash Kick has more horizontal range and he does more damage overall. He also has Sonic Hurricane now but the properties of it like range and number of hits are still not completely clear.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Because of how you mentioned supers in SFIII and in ST you seem like you're just generally againsr Super/Ultra/Hyper combos. Is that fair to say?
Supers are and will always be ********, we will not see zoning and footsies to the level and magnitude that we once played it at due to this very reason. That is, unless they nerf it to the point where it does not significantly swing the match up favor to the player so easily. Thus again, allowing more focus on playing your character inside out to receive your wins instead of *sit, bait, combo --->>...Ultra/Super* whatever you want to call it...gah, just thinking about it makes me cringe.

Also, the developers said on the Japanese blog that they are improving Guile but didn't specify how other than trying to better capture his footsies and normals style. In the Vegas build Hard Flash Kick has more horizontal range and he does more damage overall. He also has Sonic Hurricane now but the properties of it like range and number of hits are still not completely clear.
I know they are going to improve Guile, I was simply stating my opinion of what would make Guile greatly better without having to completely revamp or "add" new things to him. I know he has Sonic Hurricane coming, however you can tell I'm already not a fan of Ultra. However, "if" it was similar in contrast to his CvS2 counterpart with the Sonic Hurricane then his Ultra will no longer be of a concern.

On his Flashkick, I'm hoping that he receives more horizontal on all versions of his Flashkick, and hopefully not just FK. Again, it's been complete garbage since after Super Turbo, and even in ST it was pretty terrible already, however in SF:IV it's just downright laughable, almost in comparison to A3 Guile's flashkick *shudders*.

So in part with what you stated above, and what I've said only three things needed for Guile...

- Better Longer Range Normals (similar to CE/HF range)
- Stronger Sonic Boom (Damage Wise to Hadouken, Tiger Shot etc, etc, it's absolute garbage)
- Better hitbox and horizontal range on his Flash kick

Those three upgrades right there, will make a significant difference within his gameplay without a doubt, and will definitely make him become a very strong contender.

This man speaks truth. Chun Li's thighs are unnatural in IV.

Which is why everyone should just play III instead.
Chunli's thighs in SFIII are absolutely gigantic as well, and are exactly in resemblance to that of her SF:IV counterpart, there really is no differential between the two when pertaining to this. If you want only good thighs Chunli, you'll need to go back as far as Alpha and beyond, those were the only times in which her thighs are much, much more tamed.

Also, if I had a choice, I'd choose SF:IV easily over III.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
SF IV vs SF III vs SF Alpha vs SF II debates are for worse than any of the "terrible" games people are complaining about.

3rd Strike, Alpha 2, IV, and Super II Turbo all are some of my favorite games ever. If you were expecting another SF III when they announced SF IV, you are an idiot (and this is someone whose favourite videogame of all-time is 3rd Strike)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Certainly they are trying to make them attractive, but I doubt that they're specifically appealing to a fetish like that, although I'm sure they know lots of people find school girls and slits in dresses good.
I wouldn't say they're appealing to different fetishes. It just happens to be the case.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Do you mean 3D? That's not 3D, it's just interlacing. If it's not interlacing, then the photo was taken in between two frames.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It does, however, it's interesting to note that the rose has the interlacing as well as Balrog. If anything, let's keep an eye on this, but I hope Dudley has his rose as a projectile.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
It's official. I'm bored of using ken. I still cannot FADC into ultra. I now main El Fuerte.

Quuersa DILLLLLLLAH BUMB!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Same here. Even if it's a fake, we all know it's true.

Has anybody heard anything recent about this Hakan guy? I'm really curious about him.
A few things

1. Although described vaguely as an "Arabic man who is obsessed with oil" he's actually a Turkish Oil Wrestler (I think they kept it vague on purpose like "Juri is an evil Asian girl who works for Seth" but ended up sounding a bit racist lol)
  2. Supposedly has a dive similar to Alex
  3. 360s
  4. He's gay.
  5. He is larger than Abel, Ryu, etc, but not as big as Zangief
  6. Sluggish walk, terrible dash, slow command and regular grabs
  7. Carries around a satchel of oil. Can oil himself up making him faster, far dash, and his grabs are better. Rumors have it that he had a chance of escaping command grabs when oiled! Doesn't last long, but can oil self up to three times
  8. Expect him to be low tier

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
EEL FUERTEEEE FLYIIIING GIGABUSTAAAAAH

And whatever he says when he does his command throw.

Speaking of Fuerte, I wonder how much mileage those air ultras are going to get. I only know certain people (with certain characters) who jump a lot (I used to jump in all the time before I learned how to not set myself up for punishment - curse you muscles memory from KOF!), and even then it's always in a way that stops opponents from easily jumping to meet you head on. In fact, jumping to meet a jumping opponent head on is generally a bad idea unless you know you can beat them out, which might not be the case here.

Speaking of KOF, Hakan's "oiling up" (man, taken out of context...), reminds me vaguely of how you'd have to get away from your opponent and drink to give Chin more versatile moves, though Chin could do well without it.

BTW, is Gief being gay still canon? If so, it looks like Capcom has a thing for big homosexual wrestlers.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
GIGANTIC PICTURES.

Jesus Christ, does anyone here know how to link without posting an image?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Since the SF III characters had three SuperArts to choose from, we see 2 as Ultras and 1 as a Super. This is just me looking at the scans but it looks like:

Dudley
Super: Rocket Uppercut
Ultra I: Rolling Thunder
Ultra II: Corkscrew Cross

Corkscrew Cross? Can't wait to see if different from Corkscrew Blow?

Ibuki
Super: Yami Shigure
Ultra I: Yoroi Doushi
Ultra II: Kasumi Suzuka

I'm surprised Kasumi Suzuka isn't her Super, to be honest, and since it's an Ultra, I'm even more surprised it's not Ultra I.

Makoto
Super: Tanden-Renki
Ultra I: Seichusen-Godanzuki
Ultra II: Abare Tosanami

I would have put Abare Tosanami as her Super, considering which button you pressed in 3S decided what angle you kicked down in. Tnaden-Renki also seems like Ultra material, but a Super!? Maybe they were trying not to make too many Timed Ultras? (because two is one too many...)

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
Glad to see that Dudley is back!
"CROSS COUNTER!!!"

I hope SSFIV doesn't turn out like SFII where we gotta have like 9 different versions
of the same game until we reach the next installment xD

noradseven

Smash Lord
Glad to see that Dudley is back!
"CROSS COUNTER!!!"

I hope SSFIV doesn't turn out like SFII where we gotta have like 9 different versions
of the same game until we reach the next installment xD
Probably at least 4-5 total, new installment normally means a total re hauling of everything, which can take a while.

Personally Im waiting for SFIV Alpha.

kr3wman

Smash Master
We're probably getting a trailer later today I guess, like all the other reveals.

I would have put Abare Tosanami as her Super, considering which button you pressed in 3S decided what angle you kicked down in. Tnaden-Renki also seems like Ultra material, but a Super!? Maybe they were trying not to make too many Timed Ultras? (because two is one too many...)
I'm guessing it's just gonna go toward where the opponent is.

Top Bottom