• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
So long as Ryu's still high up there, I'm good! He's a freaking beast! *Grins* Also, I'll check out that Tomo video. *Smiles*

Minato

穏やかじゃない
so you are saying that wavedashing in say a game like melee is as hard (or easy) to do as a hadoken?
ArtieBoy is saying that a hadouken is not equivalent to a wavedash in terms of execution difficulty.
Maybe I made that sound even more complicated...

Mith_

Smash Champion
ArtieBoy is saying that a hadouken is not equivalent to a wavedash in terms of execution difficulty.
Maybe I made that sound even more complicated...
I understand the way you said it.
Hadoken is extremely easy on a 360 controller. Kinda difficult on a square gate joystick for me though.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Check this thread I made for scrubs like me:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=188461

I too find non-charge characters harder to play on a square gate, it certainly does take a lot of time to get used to. Hadokens are no problem though, but performing supers and ultras is a pain... Until I found out about input shortcuts! Instead of doing qcf qcf punch, you can do down down forward down downforward forward punch.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Werd! Still fun though playing Boxer and getting easy wins all day. Except Blanka because he can crouch like 70 percent of Boxer's best moves. Such trash.
LOL i play turtle vs blanka. every time he blanka ball i just dash punch. It hits every time.

Mith_

Smash Champion
I can deal with Cammy. I main Dictator too.

A common trick Cammy does is a spaced Spiral Arrow to Cannon Spike. It catches a lot of people off guard. You can beat it by baiting out the Cannon Spike and punishing with (mid, iirc) Scissor Kick.

Cammy has a great mixup game so be on your toes.

Don't mess up if you decide to link moves or you will eat a Cannon Spike (or any other SRK for that matter).

What other problems are you having with Cammy?

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
LOL i play turtle vs blanka. every time he blanka ball i just dash punch. It hits every time.
Those Blankas suck lol.[/bias]

Vs Balrog, Blanka should never use any of his three ball attacks (unless it's to punish) because Rog destroys all three after a block. They should only combo (or block string) into electricity which is safe on block, and also they should crossup the hell out of Rog with jumping MK

But most Blanka players will perform horribly vs Balrog because it is one of the few matchups where Blanka has to play a COMPLETELY different style and strictly limit his move set. Some players just don't get it.

Mith_

Smash Champion
My friend plays Blanka and has trouble with Boxer. I dunno if he still does lol but that will be good advice I will give him.

Umm what can Dictator do vs Blanka? I for the life of me cannot punish a blocked ball. Its a gay matchup imo. Dictator kinda sucks versus every other charge character rofl (imo).

BentoBox

Smash Master
Bleh, I've been playing for 2 weeks and I still can't find a main :< Ppl tell me to just cycle through all the characters and find a glove that fits but that proves to be somewhat difficult when I'm not even grasping the basics of the game yet (first time playing a classical fighter) and my execution is far from stellar, especially under pressure (and this square gate is giving me headaches @_@). Regardless of the character I choose, I end up getting ***** senseless and so I am not really able to determine who fits my playstyle. In Brawl, I can toy with whichever character and seeing as it is really intuitive, it doesn't require nearly as much time. But in SF4, you need to remember block strings/combos/ultra setups and whatnot before even hoping to get a match off someone decent and I just don't have the time and patience to go through every single character like that...

So I thought some of you guys who do play Brawl might be able to help :D I play Peach and Wario and my playstyle basically revolves around baiting and punishing. I don't really rushdown, nor do I camp; I like to be in my opponent's face but all I do is react to my foe's behavior... Which character would you suggest?

Also, Jibbo, a Gen main, placed 2nd at a tournament just recently and I found that quite surprising because of all those MU charts giving him 3-7 MUs against the entirety of the cast; now I know it had to be taken with a grain of salt but it seemed to me like all the console characters, except for Seth and Gouken, weren't really worth toying with (at least thats the general vibe I'm getting from SRK)~ Thoughts? I noticed Fei Long lacks an iconic figure like Saqs, Allen, Arthuro, Jibbo and so on, is there a reason for that?

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Umm what can Dictator do vs Blanka? I for the life of me cannot punish a blocked ball. Its a gay matchup imo. Dictator kinda sucks versus every other charge character rofl (imo).
I honestly don't know what really beats Blanka lol...can't you punish a blocked ball with HK version of Scissor Kick? Ultra?

BentoBox

Smash Master
Fei Long sucks.

That's why.

You should play Ryu. I'm not joking.
Sabr3 has won 1rst with Sakura too. Though she sucks as well.
Saqs plays Rose.
Jibbo plays Gen.
Allen plays Cammy.

All those characters suck according to the masses =p. I don't see how Fei Long is any different, really.

And did you just suggest Ryu because he's good or because he would suit me well?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Those characters are popular.

Fei Long is trash and isn't even interesting.

As for why Ryu. Both answers are correct.

Also..according to the masses? You can glance at those characters and know that they suck. It's not rocket science.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Like I said, it's my first time playing a classical fighter. I really have no idea. Most of what I know is based off things I've read. I can tell you why Rose is supposedly bad without being able to relate in any way... I won't know straight off the bat that she has no wake up options w/ a quick glance. I still need to mold my brain around SF mechanics @_@

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
lol so I was on a losing streak in Championship Mode, I decided to try someone else besides Blanka and turn my luck around. I encounter some Viper player, can't read the name since I don't have HD and all... I'm using Fei Long who I don't use much and regretting it as I get torn to shreds. I get completely rocked and then I look at the name after I lose:

ShiN_KeNsoU

He added me and we did some casuals, man any thoughts I had of quitting SF4 are gone now. That was some tough *** competition but it was definitely fun. Not many opponents would make me break a sweat but he was one of 'em. He won 10-0 (lol) but there were some 3-2s in there...I could've won a match 3-0 but I pulled a Liston and whiffed a vertical ball after he whiffed an Ultra with pretty much no life left. I look forward to playing him again, maybe I can win a match mext time...maybe ;D

Mith_

Smash Champion
Like I said, it's my first time playing a classical fighter. I really have no idea. Most of what I know is based off things I've read. I can tell you why Rose is supposedly bad without being able to relate in any way... I won't know straight off the bat that she has no wake up options w/ a quick glance. I still need to mold my brain around SF mechanics @_@
Some ppl try to use characters because they aren't popular or you rarely see them played, and there is a reason for that. Its because they are bad. You may say yea a lot of people use Ryu and Ken but they* do that because they are good.

*pro people.
a lot of noobs use ken and some ryu. why idk.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
Hey Hey, I've got a question. Do you guys call anyone that beats you a scrub and say they just got lucky? Because I havn't played SFVI in good chunk of time (got my xbox back from repairs not too long ago) and I decided to play afew online games with Geif cause he has a speedo and kills you in two moves, but it seemed that I got more messages made up of "You just won because you play a broken character scrub" than I could've ever imagined. I play with my friend most of the time, and he can keep my Geif at bay fairly well. He literally forces me into a fist brawl since I cant ever grab him, but the guys I played online (one using boxer who only charged punch me and I grabbed him out of it every time) literally walk into my grabs then they get mad and call me a scrub.

Where did the love for the game go? I remember when I played Dreadz way back when, I won the first game against him, then he beat the ever loving crap out of me over and over and over and over. I didn't feel like calling him a scrub because I obviously couldn't get the edge on him. The point is, do you guys also suffer from loss of sportsmanship?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I've never had anyone message me on Live saying anything like that.
All I got were good things like friend invites and tips on how to improve on a certain matchup.

I guess I'm just lucky.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Hey Hey, I've got a question. Do you guys call anyone that beats you a scrub and say they just got lucky? Because I havn't played SFVI in good chunk of time (got my xbox back from repairs not too long ago) and I decided to play afew online games with Geif cause he has a speedo and kills you in two moves, but it seemed that I got more messages made up of "You just won because you play a broken character scrub" than I could've ever imagined. I play with my friend most of the time, and he can keep my Geif at bay fairly well. He literally forces me into a fist brawl since I cant ever grab him, but the guys I played online (one using boxer who only charged punch me and I grabbed him out of it every time) literally walk into my grabs then they get mad and call me a scrub.

Where did the love for the game go? I remember when I played Dreadz way back when, I won the first game against him, then he beat the ever loving crap out of me over and over and over and over. I didn't feel like calling him a scrub because I obviously couldn't get the edge on him. The point is, do you guys also suffer from loss of sportsmanship?
http://www.sirlin.net/ptw

though i do think zangief is really REALLY Easy to pick up and play.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
I think Zangief is really easy to counter, seeing as how well others I've payed against with him can keep me away without too much effort. Why cry about it if your spam gets you within range of the Geif suplex? I wish I was as lucky as Minato. I don't think I've made a single friend through Street Fighter.

Why should it matter how easy or hard it is to play a character? It all boils down to if you can beat the way they are being used against you, because every character has diffrent ways to be played and you really are kidding yourself if you think otherwise. I've seen Geifs that never throw, Dan's that never taunt, and Vega's that never flip. Come on, the world's a big place.

Top Bottom