• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Tokido's winning pose was awesome lol

And Valle VS Daigo was awesome. That goes for both HDR and SSFIV.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Justin you loveable troll with your counterpicking mindgames.

But seriously, you probably should have gone Cammy.

@ Minato - Valle vs Daigo is always awesome, it was just more awesome this time.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
@ Minato - Valle vs Daigo is always awesome, it was just more awesome this time.
Yeah, I always love when they end up facing each other. Valle did really well with such little life each time.

And Filipino Champ did really well. I thought he was going to lose was Daigo started gaining momentum again.

Overall, SCR was awesome. Top 8 was really fun to watch.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
It was 2 sets best of 5 in each set.

Set 1: Daigo won 3-1
Set 2: Filipino won 3-2

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I don't see any flaws in that whatsoever. so the guy who comes from losers gets a Bo5 round just like that, even though he lost already? while the winner hasn't lost yet? becuz that sounds more fair than penalizing the loser for losing.

IMO.

kr3wman

Smash Master
It's not about being less fair or anything. Filipino Champ won fair and square and deserved it. But even counting the fact that he sent Daigo to losers and counting the matches they went 6-6. It's a flaw Double elimination has and that's all there is to it.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Agree to disagree :p

I think double elim is the best way, as it gives everyone two chances to win, and you only need one chance to do so, but it's always nice to have to backup in case your not playing well, and later on you proceed to wreck people.

I find it has more pro's than con's

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I wish my campus' connection didn't suck. It's so hard to watch streams on it. You don't know when it'll lag, or you can't load anything. Never had this problem back home.

EDIT: lol It was anything but cryptic.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Now when I think of KumaOso, I'm going think that he's "The Guy Who Runs A Lot".
I was laughing when they said they should give the message to Nicholas Cage. lol

guiltygears, KumaOso.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I just saw this list of changes for this week's characters on SRK:
Chun:

Stun down on c.roundhouse. Damage down on s.strong. Both moves have the same hit properties.

Her FA is now easier for opponents to hit.

DF+LK comes out slower, more vulnerability. Can still combo after it if it hits an airborne opponent.

No changes to her specials.
El Fuerte
Far jab and crouch jab have 4 more active frames, making them easier to connect. Crouch short can be chained.

More recovery on Quacamole on landing (EX included). Tortilla loses invincibility, can be countered more easily.

More startup on El Fuerte Ultra Spark, damage down. The size of the hitbox changes with movement (...?), making it harder to hit overall.
Sakura
Close strong has less recovery, crouch strong and crouch forward can combo from hit confirm. Far strong can be cancelled same as Ryu. Vulnerable hitbox on far forward reduced, making it harder to hit her out of it.

Air Tatsu can get more airborne hits. Some reduction of recovery on Hadoken. Other various adjustments on making hitboxes bigger, damage, and recovery done to make her stronger.
Cody
Crouch short now comes out in 3 frames. Frame advantage on hit is still the same. Should be more useable as a low poke with reach.

Ruffian Kick gets more juggleability after hit. Until now, on a grounded opponent, the first hits of EX Criminal Upper didn't connect, but now they will. The range at which Cody can pick up the knife has increased.
The Fuerte changes have me feeling different things. I'm happy that they're making his jabs much more useful, but I feel like they too much nerfing. He didn't even need all those nerfs from Vanilla to Super. Some of us are having similar feelings, but I'm deciding to stay.

I have a sentimental feeling with this character. He's the first character I've mained in a fighting game that I've gotten really competitive with, and he was one of the reasons I got Street Fighter IV. I've also put too much work into this character to just pack up my bags and move on to someone else. El mundo se equivoca; I'll have secondaries possibly in the future, but I'm going to keep running a lot.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I really want to know what Capcom's rationale behind these balance changes is. Unfortunately, I'll never know the reason behind Fuerte's changes since journalists prefer to ask about Gen for some stupid reason.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
I really want to know what Capcom's rationale behind these balance changes is. Unfortunately, I'll never know the reason behind Fuerte's changes since journalists prefer to ask about Gen for some stupid reason.
i still don't know why they put in gen. he has ****ing leukemia and he's old as **** and about to die. waste of a character slot.

i won't be able to sleep until i know what they are gonna do with honda :(

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Well, remember that Capcom said that those aren't all the changes.
They want to keep some as a surprise, so I'm sure that there are more.

Luckily Cammy didn't get nerfed too badly. Instant TK CSs were fun, but I'll gladly take that nerf if they planned to nerf other moves.
As for this week's list of buffs/nerfs, it doesn't matter to me much since I don't use those characters asides for fun.

I'm interested to see Ibuki's buffs and nerfs. I hope they make her more fun.

I'm getting a little bored of getting a knockdown and proceeding with vortexes.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

I'm getting a little bored of getting a knockdown and proceeding with vortexes.

That's why I dropped her. I love how diverse my mixup options are with Fuerte, but with Ibuki, you either have a Kunai in front or behind the opponent and then combo into Neckbreaker. That's not a whole lot of excitement.

I'm looking into playing Sakura as a secondary though. I like her as a character (like Makoto, she reminds me of my little sister) and she's fun to play as.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
That's why I dropped her. I love how diverse my mixup options are with Fuerte, but with Ibuki, you either have a Kunai in front or behind the opponent and then combo into Neckbreaker. That's not a whole lot of excitement.
Yeah. She has other stuff like her command dash to apply pressure among other things, yet I'm tired of gambling on if the opponent will block to allow me to apply more pressure. Usually the opponent will start mashing buttons or DP which takes off a lot of health.

I still use her though, but I'm liking Cammy more due to her pressure game and combos. Plus, I've been playing mostly 3rd Strike again so my Ibuki in Super isn't very good since I'm thinking 3rd Strike tactics. :(

I'm looking into playing Sakura as a secondary though. I like her as a character (like Makoto, she reminds me of my little sister) and she's fun to play as.
Sakura's fun. I suck at using her. I can get Cammy's links down, even on lag, but I can't get Sakura's down at all.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Ryu, Chun-Li, Guile, Balrog, Rufus, and Cartma-I mean Honda.

Are any of you guys familiar with Clutch City 95?

Top Bottom