• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Well sure you'd see a lot of Ryus. Aside from trade -> Ultra he didn't lose anything from vanilla to super.

So here's my personal top 10 in no particular order.

Dictator
Chun
Honda
Boxer
Guile
Akuma
Abel
Ryu
Rufus
Cammy

Gates

Banned via Warnings
So did everyone else but Dhalsim.

The damage nerf wasn't really drastic, like say Sagat, so he can still do most of the same stuff he could in vanilla.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Well sure you'd see a lot of Ryus. Aside from trade -> Ultra he didn't lose anything from vanilla to super.

So here's my personal top 10 in no particular order.

Dictator
Chun
Honda
Boxer
Guile
Akuma
Abel
Ryu
Rufus
Cammy
I agree with this list.

Also, can anyone tell me why I still play Super online? I played a Dan yesterday that literally did nothing but bird-kick and throw. Then I beat him, and he switched to Ryu and did nothing but bird-kick and throw. Then he picked Sagat and did nothng but TIGER, bird kick and throw.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I agree with this list.

Also, can anyone tell me why I still play Super online? I played a Dan yesterday that literally did nothing but bird-kick and throw. Then I beat him, and he switched to Ryu and did nothing but bird-kick and throw. Then he picked Sagat and did nothng but TIGER, bird kick and throw.
I'm having fun in online for SSFIV (and BBCS) again. I usually just do ranked, custom, and then do more skilled and just choose players with a green connection. Much more fun that way.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I've been playing Endless lately with Makoto, assuming that opponents wouldn't play like total asshats if their precious BP/PP weren't on the line. Clearly, I was mistaken.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
So did everyone else but Dhalsim.

The damage nerf wasn't really drastic, like say Sagat, so he can still do most of the same stuff he could in vanilla.
ryus fierce DP went from 160 to 150, and also gained 2 hits (100 then 50)

f. DP fadc ultra does 398, and ryus fierce DP sucks ***, so you'll sometimes see strong DP fadc ultra. First hit of Strong DP does 80, fadc into ultra does 378, 100 less then vanilla.

That's 100 points of damage.. i mean, I consider that alot. Especially when you have characters like Rog, honda, sim, bison, that didn't get changed all that much.

I definitely agree that ryu is still really strong, but he definitely has ****ty matches now, compared to vanilla's 5-5's

edit: I forgot to note that fierce dp fadc ultra did 478 in vanilla D: that might clear up some confusion about 100 points of dmg.. LOL

Gates

Banned via Warnings
100 damage is c.MP->Fireball or one jab DP for Ryu. It's not that much damage.

And there's a difference between having a disadvantage in a matchup and having a ****ty matchup. Ryu vs. Guile for example has Ryu at a slight disadvantage* but Ryu can still pull through and win it if he works hard without too much trouble. A ****ty matchup is more like Gief vs. Akuma - Gief has very few answers to almost everything Akuma can do and has to overcome a much higher wall to win. Ryu also doesn't have that many bad matchups. He has like 5 bad matchups out of a 35 character cast, most of which are other high tiers. That's not bad at all. It's worse than last game where his bad matchup was Sagat, but he was arguably overpowered in that game (because of bull**** trades, etc.).

*from what I've read at least. idk **** about Ryu's matchups tbh lol.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
yeah, I mean.. I'm not saying he has a **** load of bad matchups, but things have changed. I don't main ryu, i just mess around with him.. but I really feel like bison gives him a hard time. I've been saying this since bison got u2.
**** that ultra
Dhalsim is obviously a pain in the *** for ryu. Not too sure how I feel about chun and adon, I need to do my hw on those matches I guess. I'm not too sure what to think about balrog, I wanna say it's 5-5, but it might be slight slight slight advantage for Rog. Then like you said, guile can be a little rough also B)

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
That 2-hit on Fierce DP is a buff for Ryu because he can break armor with it now. Ryu has no bad matchups, a lot of evens, yeah, but no bad matchups.

Damage nerf doesn't mean much when you still have incredible options, especially when you were hardly nerfed at all.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I really want to know what Capcom's rationale behind these balance changes is. Unfortunately, I'll never know the reason behind Fuerte's changes since journalists prefer to ask about Gen for some stupid reason.
All I know is that a few of the changes that they made to Fuerte's specials/U2 were abusable online. Haven't had the pleasure of playing a Fuerte in tournament/offline yet, thank God.

The low lag on his air-grab coupled with the unblockability + high dmg of his U2 made a desperate Fuerte extremely annoying. Doesn't it slide under fireballs too?

Also, I STILL am not completely sure how to deal with Tortilla Propeller...I know it can hit you while standing or crouching, it's a grab so unblockable, and walking forward/backward never yields any success for me. The only thing I know to do is jump, but he's able to just land, dash forward, and do his slide before I land, which is safe on block. Taking away the invincibility makes the guessing game a little less ridiculous.

Not to say that Fuerte is OP or anything like that...but my personal experiences against the character are facepalm-worthy.

Honda is the strongest character in the game imo.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
honda is good but nowhere near the best. he loses to characters in the same tier and characters above him and he still has no reliable way around projectiles.
Given every character's share of less than favorable match-ups, I looked more toward dominance over the rest of the characters.

Honda certainly has that.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I did Ranked today and did so badly. I couldn't even get TK CSs to come out consistently.
I lost around a 1000 PP but earned half of it back. Oh well, like I care about points.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I was about to correct you and say it's dumb to exaggerate so much, but then I realized that Dhalsim's standing jab is about the same as Honda's standing jab since Dhalsim doesn't actually stretch his arm for it.

But yeah, you just love to complain don't you?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I just saw the new episode of "gootecks and Mike Ross act like online scrubs" or whatever it's called.

Sorry Gamerbee turned you down Kuma. I think the people at the show realized that if you were in the show any more often you'd have to be paid royalties by Machinima.

kr3wman

Smash Master
gamerbee pressed the profile button or whatever instead of joining the lobby I think.

It'd be nice to see Kuma become a staple of the series LOL.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm seeing it after everyone else it seems. I woke up after feeling like crap and this is the first thing I see.

Anyway, I think Gamerbee's reason was that I was a yellow conection and he hates the lag big time. Still, I love he just skipped over me, no commentary. At least I made a cameo, but no guiltygears.

I'd love to be a regular on the show, but I'd rather be with them. Dash Dancing El Fuerte = Epic Trolling even though I prefer to troll people who have a stupid beef with me (like salty people).

kr3wman

Smash Master
Gamerbee was passed the controller, he search for a lobby and got Kuma but instead of joining it he pressed the button for the profile.

Javon89

Smash Ace
I just got SSFIV days ago and I have no idea where to start.
I love to play games at a high competitive level, so can you guys give me some tips?

Oh I main Sagat and Fei Long.

Top Bottom