• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Gates

Banned via Warnings
seriously. Every other fg is deeper than barwl except for mortal kombat and shaq fu. Lol
I disagree. UMK3 is pretty deep for a Mortal Kombat game. If you're talking about everything since Armageddon, then yeah that **** sucks.

And wow, the International Exhibition Team at the Canada Cup is retardedly good. Daigo, Jwong, and Mago all on the same team? Do they even need to play that out?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I disagree. UMK3 is pretty deep for a Mortal Kombat game. If you're talking about everything since Armageddon, then yeah that **** sucks.

And wow, the International Exhibition Team at the Canada Cup is retardedly good. Daigo, Jwong, and Mago all on the same team? Do they even need to play that out?
i was takin about mk as a whole but ive heard about umk3 before. And that team is ********. Jwong is considered international? Come on man canada dont count.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Yeah Gootecks vs Mago was a really good match.

JSMaster putting Jwong on notice and the chat exploding with Canada hate when he called wong free was hilarious.

JsMaster, Air and Chi-Rithy have been relatively as good as US's best for a while now lol.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
It's ******** that so many winners finals at international tournaments are 2 out of 3. Winners, losers and Grand Finals should all be 3 out of 5.

kr3wman

Smash Master
that's how SRK does it man.

Only SWF does 3/5 loser's and winner's finals, and even then some people don't.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
that's how SRK does it man.

Only SWF does 3/5 loser's and winner's finals, and even then some people don't.
IDK, Winners and losers finals at Season Beatings redemption were 3 out of 5. So clearly some people are doing the sensible thing.

Have the top 8 videos from the Canada cup been uploaded in decent quality yet?

kr3wman

Smash Master
No they weren't.

You'd need to check either the TeamSpooky channel or LapChiDuong's channel.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
lol these buffs and nerfs are ridiculous. Its like they barely nerf the good characters and **** over everyone else. Honda and rose barely got touched while ibuki gets stupid damage and stun nerfs.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What are you talking about? Honda got damage nerfs in general. That was the biggest problem I had with him.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Honda's not-720 also got nerfed in that it has a 2-frame startup now. I do believe that that's ample time for most characters to jump out of it.

Gouken got a good deal of buffs and he needed it most out of all the characters talked about today.

Ibuki doesn't seem much different. They buffed all her normals but nerfed some of her specials. They didn't nerf the kicks, so she should still be ok.

kr3wman

Smash Master
If it ain't one frame that that means if you weren't doing anything you can jump out of it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Hm... I think the changes to Ibuki are unnecessary. Hopefully they didn't list all her buffs on her normals.
I would like maybe a faster cr strong or more hit stun on it.
Losing damage on neckbreaker and stuff kinda sucks. Hopefully there's other stuff to compensate for it.

Honestly though, I think she was fine as she is. They should've just improved a bit of her normals and that's all.
She wasn't terrific in SSFIV, but she wasn't terrible either, IMO.

If she's still just as fun, or even more fun, I'll stick with her. If not, I'll just use her only in 3rd Strike I guess.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I miss the days of Super Turbo when each character had something real scary the opponent would want to avoid.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
My first SSF4 tournament in 10 minutes. I'm listening to music to calm myself down.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
howd ya do and since when do people hold tournies in the middle of the week?
My club usually holds tournaments in the middle of the week.

I got 3rd. I wish I had at least got 2nd. I'm better than the guy who knocked me out of winners and losers, or at least I beat him like 80% of the times we play casuals.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Except tournament matches are not equivalent to casual matches.

Obv.

Congratulations on third place though.
Yeah I know, but I'm still convince I'm better than he is.

My problem was that I actually tried to fight him, I should have just stayed back and span Hadoukens. Balrog beats Akuma head to head.

kr3wman

Smash Master
If you have the lead you can do anything you want.

But once akuma has a knockdown on balrog he can just bring the pain train to him.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
How do you figure that? My demon flip mix ups seemed useless because of that stupid headbutt into ultra, which seemingly doesn't trade but cleanly beat all of the demon flip options. Maybe it's about time I learn the air hadouken cross up mix up.

kr3wman

Smash Master
No offense, but you're probably doing it wrong. Try going for the crossup divekicks/tatsu, the palm just before going to the ground and ambiguous safe jumped crossups.

do you do those? if not it should help.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Can someone explained to me what's up with the Street Fighter 4 movie? I just youtubed the whole thing, and it ends with Vega and Balrog taking Seth on board their helicopter. But I don't think that is supposed to be the end, I remember their being some battle between Akuma and Ryu for the movie. Is there like a part 2 of the ssf4 movie? Can someone please explain this to me?

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
that is most def's just a SF4 anime. it's only like 48 minuets long. I saw it a while back too, I can look for the links if someone wants to check it out on here.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
How do you figure that? My demon flip mix ups seemed useless because of that stupid headbutt into ultra, which seemingly doesn't trade but cleanly beat all of the demon flip options. Maybe it's about time I learn the air hadouken cross up mix up.
akuma vs rog can be a little rough, once you get the knock down you can really bully him. You wanna go into training mode and get the timing down for safe jump palm, and also add on os sweep. It covers every option, so once you start to make him just block, then you can dominate his face. Just remember rog has a stupid hit box, so experiment with combos that will work on him at certain ranges.

Oh, and if he's one of those bad rogs that plays the STUPID aggressive game. (across screen ex rush punches, that stupid overhead) Make sure you do low forward buffer in DP when you see an ex rush punch coming at you, and for the overhead just make sure you block that thing, it's so **** slow. Either that or DP through it if you see him going for it

and about the air fb mix up...yeah, it's not really gdlk or anything, you can only do it after certain situations. You can use it after a palm hit, and after a demon throw. For the throw you wanna dash up once then do the TK air ball, for the palm you just back up a little then do the motions. You could also be a little flashy and go for srk fadc then Tk air ball, that looks sick.. but you're gambling with 2 meters. Jus do it if you know they're free<3

edit: forgot to add another really good & easy safe jump setup. After a sweep, if you hold up forward and do the command dive kick, it'll safe jump every reversal that is 5 frames or slower. (adon and deejay are the exceptions)

Gates

Banned via Warnings

ThreeX

Smash Lord
I really like the changes this week, kinda wish they gave gen his hands back.. but whatever. One thing I'm really confused about, is how they said last week that honda is weaker, but they weren't specific about it. While with abel, they went all out and said his TT is weaker, ultras, blah blah blah blah.

edit: and i still have to wait longer for akuma D:<

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Lol...they neutered Abel...poor guy.

Hopefully breathless still punishes jump-ins somewhat...otherwise it's literally useless.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Lol...they neutered Abel...poor guy.

Hopefully breathless still punishes jump-ins somewhat...otherwise it's literally useless.
it can still be used to punish certain things. Start up is 8 I think? so.. that's not too bad

edit: nvm... didn't see that they were slowing down the start up. Maybe you're right

Top Bottom