• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Any major tournaments happen after Super Norcal Regionals? I'm feeling down and hype SSF4 vids always cheer me up.

Minato

穏やかじゃない

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Eh, SF III characters are getting new exposure and respect with SSF IV, so that's not too bad (sucks that Ibuki and Hugo who did better on the SF IV console poll than some of the characters that actually got in didn't get in) so it's a compromise.

inb4 'how many of u dat wanted 3rd striek chars in 4 actually play dem????" There's only three, kind of sucked if you played Urien or Yun or Yang (or Alex or Oro or Elena or Remy or Q or Sean or anyone else). That seems to be fixed, tho ;)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
For characters that strictly came from SF III, I mained Ibuki and Q. Dudley and Yun were secondaries.
I guess I lucked out on 3/4 of them making it in. Now if only they felt more like their SF III counterparts...

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
awesome more shotos
on a more positive note
they look cool as hell! (no pun attended)
seems like ryu gave into the dark hado......
YU-GI-OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
My main question is whether or not they will be playable. Even if they are, they will have literally no life compared to the CPU bosses, but Shin Akuma is so cool I don't even care if he has Seth-or less stamina.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I always did like the promo art for Yu-Gi-Oh!

And yeah, I hope to God those two are just bosses, and are at most a bonus pallete swap for Ryu and Akuma.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I read that as "read the Eventhubs and SRK frontpage" and was about to say something sarcastic about the Ruroni Kenshin PSP fighting game.

Then I realized you meant the comments.

Dude, why would you ever read comments on the internet ever?

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Anyone here want to explain the Adon matchup to me? He's getting seriously annoying.

I main Sakura BTW

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Anyone here want to explain the Adon matchup to me? He's getting seriously annoying.

I main Sakura BTW
Adon's more annoying online than he is offline, but here's some things that I somewhat know.
Jaguar Tooth is safe on block with him except for his Light Jaguar Tooth (which you shouldn't try attacking regardless), so hit him before he hits you.
I think Jaguar Kick is safe on block for Adon as well.

Don't focus attack all the time since his standing roundhouse and break it.

Other than that, I don't know any specific Sakura tips I can give you since I don't use her much.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
So I was wrestling with my son today, and he does a jumping uppercut while yelling, "Shoryuken!"

I have mixed feelings though. With Evil Ryu and Akuma in AE, do we really need another shoto-clone?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So I was wrestling with my son today, and he does a jumping uppercut while yelling, "Shoryuken!"

I have mixed feelings though. With Evil Ryu and Akuma in AE, do we really need another shoto-clone?
Almost sounds like you're having mixed feelings that your son will become a shoto. lol

I don't mind it, honestly. They're just fun super bosses and I don't think they really took anyone's spot.
It was just something easy and quick they could do that they thought why not on.

I do hope that there are more characters than just Yun, Yang, and the two new bosses.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/dec/06/ssf4-ae-blog-changes-guile-seth-dee-jay-hakan/
(Yes I know it's eventscrubs, just ignore the comments)

So aside4 from Guile who just got a special move damage nerf, all of these characters seem completely new now.

Seth's health increase seems reasonable if you're going to nerf just about everything else about him and take away 7Fierce.

Hakan seems like he could be beastly now, but probably not.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Seth: Ahh, but that would be telling. Even way back in his first appearance, was “Evil Ryu” really Ryu at all? His warrior’s heart was swallowed up by the dark hadou, and what is Ryu without that pure-hearted drive? Is Darth Vader really Anakin Skywalker? All will be revealed!
I am amazed. This is by far the best question-dodging Seth has ever done.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I don't know why people give Ono **** for not answering questions and don't give it to S-Kill and Svenson when they dodge the questions and give answers like these. Besides, the battle director is the one they should be complaining too for a character making it in.

kr3wman

Smash Master
because seth and sven actually explain stuff once in a while instead of straight out trolling people.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Guys, I think I'm getting a PS3 for christmas and I'd really like to get into SSFIV. But I'm afraid it'd be kind of difficult for me to become a decent player... I play the Alpha games sometimes, and while I know how to play them, I don't think I could be considered a 'competitive player'. Do you think it'd be too difficult for someone who has played Melee/Brawl almost exclusively for years to get into SSFIV, a traditional 2D fighter? I'll try it anyway, but I thought I'd ask people who play both Smash and SF.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
SSFIV is the best game possible to help you get into fighting games. It did what Brawl did by making it easily approachable, except it did things right with giving it depth.

Arcana Heart was my first (and favorite) fighting game, but Street Fighter 4 is what made me good at fighting games and now I'm making money off the results.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
It's funny, because I used to play almost nothing but fighters back in the SNES days, and it was almost the same with my PS1 and my Tekken addiction. But still, I'm only good at Smash. By the way, I'm so going to main Gen regardless of his tier position.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I may not start with him, but I really want to eventually main him. And Rose, Dhalsim, Fei Long and/or El Fuerte.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
dhalsims not really hard, but thhe concept of how to play him is hard to comprehend. Rose isnt hard, fei has some difficult links here and there but its not too bad, and elf isnt hard besides RSF. You can literally pick elf up and play after about a day.

Top Bottom