• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I haven't played Street Fighter in many, many, many years. Trying to get back into it now, since Smash sucks, and MW2 is making me RAAAGGEEE.

****, I'm gonna suck so bad.
Just relearn the basics and do the combo trials and work your way from there.
Then just check on SRK or ask the people here for advice on tips and strategies and you'll be well on your way.

There's a variety of skill level to be found online, so it's not too bad.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
MadCatz Fight Pad

Here's a review of the fight pad that I use to play Super Street Fighter IV. Using this has allowed me to go from horrible to just bad which is a big enough improvement to justify its $40 price tag. The d-pad while a major improvement over the one on the standard 360 controller does feel extremely cheap and I suspect it won’t last very long. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVitWBZJKn4

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I went to my first tournament today, and here's what happened (reposting from SRK):

The way to and back from it was stressful. I've never gotten somewhere on my own. I wound up lost in some neighborhood and my dad had to help me get there and gave me directions to get back home (and I'm no good with directions, I need pictures dammit).

Anyway, the tournament started with teams. I didn't fight in my team until we got to finals and I wanted to go first. Unfortunately, I got KO'd by a headbutt spamming Honda, but I got 7$ from it. Then there was the singles tournament. Because I wasn't familiar with the way matches were set up, I fought under false pretenses, believing my opponent and I were going to have warm up matches because I figured each match was one at a time like Team Battles. I got into losers and beat this girl's Juri with no problems. I then fought a Rufus and that didn't go so well. For the rest of the time, I fought in casuals.

I really wish I could've gotten advice, but I only GAVE advice to the Rufus (and Dudley too) player on what he can do on wakeup against Fuerte. Unfortunately, save for one person, I'm the only person who plays El Fuerte (which doesn't surprise me) and apparently the only Ibuki player.

Like El Toro, I think I partially cracked under pressure since I'm not fully used to fighting offline (it has nothing to do with lag; I can't do things properly when I have to "apply" them outside of theory). I still need to work on both, especially against Rufus. I felt like once I was in a corner, even with EX Dash, there was no hope.

Overall, I have a long, frustrating, but ultimately fun journey ahead of me. Aside from combos and such, I need to stop being so scared when the pressure's on.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
First DLC character confirmed.

Can't beat my
Can't beat my
No they can't beat my
Footsie game

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Now that I think about it, Lady Gaga's giving me some strong Ingrid vibes.

Melfice z

Smash Ace
so can someone here give me an explanation as to why the 360 controller is so bad for street fighter? its all me and my friends have acess to right now and by the conversation it sounds TERRIBLE. but ive realized it can be unreliable at times :/

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
that's nice PS stuff, just forgot the yellow outline around the image.

because the pad is one giant circular piece of plastic I reckon, I never really liked these d-pads at all, also, the positioning is probably another factor. the 360 controller is meant for games that use the analog stick more (i.e. FPS).

rhan

Smash Hero
that's nice PS stuff, just forgot the yellow outline around the image.

because the pad is one giant circular piece of plastic I reckon, I never really liked these d-pads at all, also, the positioning is probably another factor. the 360 controller is meant for games that use the analog stick more (i.e. FPS).
Yeah but honestly people shouldn't cheap out. Arcade sticks are so much better to play with for fighters. And the ones that can transfer from 360 to PS3 are too legit. I'm getting mines soon cuz I can't even play against my friend to my full potential because I can't use a PS3 controller. ****'s analog sucks diq.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I find PS3 d-pads way easier to use than their analog. That's just me though.
Can't stand 360 controllers at all for fighters though.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
See i find the 360 controller kind of unreliable but nothing crippling... i just dont have combos devoted to muscle memory yet so theres probably some fault to me, i need an xbox pronto! :p
That new Xbox 360 S sure looks sexy and you gotta love the 250 GB hard-drive.

I tried everything and I just couldn’t play Super Street Fighter IV with the stock 360 controller. For me it was a no-brainer investing in a fight pad. Glad I did because now I’m really enjoying the game.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Yeah but honestly people shouldn't cheap out. Arcade sticks are so much better to play with for fighters. And the ones that can transfer from 360 to PS3 are too legit. I'm getting mines soon cuz I can't even play against my friend to my full potential because I can't use a PS3 controller. ****'s analog sucks diq.

you cant blame the controller if it's you who can't do it.

I like the PS3 d-pad equally as much as I do stick, still have execution errors on both but whatever, Im a casual player.

rhan

Smash Hero
Well with your logic. Lemme hand you a half *** madcats off bran controller with a ****** analog and a X button that sticks.

I'd like to see you put your fail logic to the test.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
A good controller won't make a bad player better, but a bad controller will definitely make a good player worse.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Wow @ u guys really considering Lady Gaga being a playable SSF4 character...

360 controllers are terrible for fighters because of the Dpad's design. It's the main reason I got SSF4 for PS3. I would've ultimately ended up buying a stick that I'd barely ever use offline if I had gotten the 360 version.

On a related note: PSN=Byowing. Somebody come play me.

rhan

Smash Hero
Okay since this argument isn't ending anytime soon...

Some people like analogs. PS3 sucks diq with analogs.

Some people like Dpad. 360 sucks diq for Dpad.

Most people perfer arcade sticks. No johns get those.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Posts like "It's fake" insinuate that somebody somewhere believes that it could be real and needs to be convinced that they're wrong and should feel bad about it.

And in a world where Soulija Boy makes Death Note themed mixtapes...I suppose I can see where that comes from...

But back to the main point, somebody play me.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
YarsRevengerson on PSN.

I play Rose, Rufus, and Abel.

Will play people in a couple days (internet not reliable enough for me to bother), Also, I have no mic. (lol ps3userhavenomics)

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Added @ Yars. I play a pretty competent Guy/Akuma.

My Fei and Bison are rusty, but I may use them if there's a big skill gap (on either end. If you're just omgwtfamazing, I'll end up trying them out to knock the rust off).

I'll be msging you Sunday.

@ ThreeX: I may end up getting SSF4 for 360 since I already have the system. I'll play you if I do :laugh:

rhan

Smash Hero
ThreeX, I'll be on around like 8 pm eastern time. Enjoying second day of being 18 atm.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
good stuff :p Yeah i main rog, i mess around dudley and ken, sometimes bison.

rhan, arite, i'll be out for most of the day, i'll be back at around 10-11.. idk if you'll still be up. I'll add you though B)

Top Bottom