• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Well you can start by spelling Fuerte right lol.

I don't main El Fuerte but what I do for general practice is to go into training mode against a character and have them do the move I want to work on against (for example, Sagat spamming Tiger Shots, Ken doing jf.HK->Shoryuken, etc.). Once you set them to that, work on what tools your character has to get past those obstacles (for example, Fuerte's EX run goes through fireballs, Guacamole beats Ken's jumping hard kick, etc.). You can also test out stuff about your character's moves that you're not sure about. For example, I main Rufus and earlier tonight I was testing out his Ultra 2 and what fireballs he can punish with it (Sagat and slower I think) and also if you can combo into it (LOL no).

For Fuerte specific strategies I'll let Kuma take over explaining it. He'd know more than I do.
Elf's ex run can absorb 2 hits...

don't ex guac for wakeup often.

ex guac beats the startup of Blanka's ultra one.

The jumping animation of Tostada press has invincibility frames, fajita buster can jump farther than tostada. For mix up games you can cross up tostada to confuse them

Slide and tostada can be focused if you don't time it right.

Read up Safe tortilla. When I used to play with Elf I would ty to land this as many times as I can in a consecutive order. It stuffs ryu's dp, so it's not some online lag abuse if someone accuses you. The timing is different for taller people like Sagat or Zangief, if you time your tortilla on their wakeup as if they were as tall as ryu, you would land behind them. If this happens with a Sagat who tries to dp reversal it'll whiff completely and then you have a free punish.

I think Ultra Spark can zip under most fireballs. Can be used as an anti-air kinda like how ryu does his sweep on someone landing.

Have you learned RSF?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Aside from what's already mentioned, I'll go into some of the more advanced stuff.

Good pokes include his s.MP, cr.MK, and s.HK (also a Focus killer). Use his his s.LP and s.LK as attack killers if you can time it right. It's perfect against Blanka Balls and Sumo Torpedoes. I don't recommend doing it on EX ones though. I can't check to see how much larger the hitboxes are on those attacks.

Don't be afraid to use his f.MK overhead. It's easily one of the best ones in the game. After getting a knock down, you can use this to mess up the opponent since the move will go over the opponent, which is why you may have heard the term corpse hop. It's ideal against charge characters. You can also use it to get in and also against wakeup if you're quick enough.

Guacamole Slew is a really useful move. You want to use the LK version for two things: building meter and stopping attacks such as Tatsu. As mentioned before, EX Guac can stop a Blanka Ultra I if you position yourself right. Also, EX Guac has invincibility going up. Ironically, if it trades with a DP you still get nothing.

The most important aspect with El Fuerte, as you may have guessed is his Habanero Dash. This guy's game pretty much revolves around this. As such mix-up is extremely important. You need to read the opponent's patterns and you got to seem random on what you do on okizeme. For example, don't constantly take your opponent to Splash Mountain. Mix it up with Tortilla, Fajita, Sorbat, and Slide. In some cases, don't even attack. Also, this wasn't mentioned, but Fajita also has invincibility frames like Tostada does. Another thing to note is that I recommend doing Tostada off of back dash as, for whatever reason, it recovers quicker by at least two frames.

RSF is a pain in the *** to learn, but as it being the most powerful, meterless combo in the game, it's worth it. I was practicing yesterday and I get really close to doing three hits and the key to mastering this loop is the timing between doing the dash and the LP to stop. Be careful as someone can mash a DP or SPD during this.

There are some matchups where doing attacks like Tostada and such can be very risky. I recommend not doing it much against Cody or Guy. Cody can punish you really well with damaging combos. Guy's air grabs are annoying. They will get you even if you're on the ground. Your best bet against Guy would be to focus against his dash. Regular back dashes are also useful, but don't get predictable.

For some Vega advice, if you can, air grab him during the start up of his specials. After that, don't let him get up. His ancestors ***** Mexico centuries ago and now it's time for revenge (No offense, hemightbegiant).

For some characters, it's just best to get the life lead and turtle. It might not be looked upon well, but with that mobility you have, you can't but help exploit it. A funny thing to note is that some players will start acting stupid after they get timed out. This is when you can try taking them to Splash Mountain.

Again, aside from the dash, be sure to read the opponent and keep an eye on the meter.

Soda_POP

Smash Rookie
Suprisingly enough, I don't really care. I'm still far from good with Hakan and get beaten very often with him, but even I can see that it's just far too soon to say where he is on the tier list. Hakan players are still finding all sorts of new techniques and tricks.

Besides, I mained Vanilla Vega. I'm not really worried about what others think of my characters. Even if Hakan turns out to be the worst character in the game (which I highly doubt) I'll still play with him and even try to get better with him.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Granted I haven't played many Hakans, but I have a hard time seeing how anyone is worse than Makoto, even Dan.

Soda_POP

Smash Rookie
lol for some reason, I just remembered how in the days leading up to Super, Dudley was hyped up to be the most broken thing to ever happen to Street Fighter.

So much for that.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Behold the Glory for IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZOR

That's one alternate to the Typhoon, The other alternate was to have the engine become some Super Strobe Light that'll cause the opponent to pass out and call it a K.O, but that would be OP and extremely difficult to illustrate as a drawing.

Why not?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
If you are just looking to learn how to use a fight stick, Best Buy is selling the Tekken Special Edition which comes with a free Hori wireless fight stick for cheap. Its not the best, but its not crappy except that its wireless and not charable.

xxFrohawkxx

Smash Apprentice
Sadly I already own the awesome tekken 6.... are they selling the stick separately?

Edit: Just looked it up. Pisses me off since the game still cost about 45 bucks at your local game stop.
Thanks for the help though.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
That Chun was very very good. Your Balrog is solid though, you did a good job of punishing fireballs on reaction which I wasn't aware you could do with Boxer's Ultra1. Using scoops would definitely help you more.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Super Street Fighter IV is now only $27.99 new at GameStop.com!

This is an incredible price for one of the best competitive fighting games of all time.

Even though I’m not very good I’ve been playing this a lot on-line lately. SSF IV runs amazingly smooth and it’s generally pretty easy to find players of various skill levels so you won’t have to worry about being abused constantly even if you’re a Street Fighter newbie.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
buktooth shut his game down. jump in = tortilla or guac, mix up slide and tostada, didn't even see any throws. hell i could beat him with my crappy fuerte too lol!

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Wow, it’s just so nice to finally own a fighting game that has a smooth on-line mode!

Ok so I’ve played this game a lot more but I’m still not any better at it. In fact, it almost feels like I’m getting worse. :urg: Actually I think I am getting incrementally better and people are just taking me more seriously. Nonetheless if anybody wants to play a few casual matches send me an invite. My tag is GRIZZMEISTER, of course, and I try to squeeze in about an hour of SSF IV in each day between sessions of MW2.

XBL Tag: GRIZZMEISTER
Wii FC: expired :chuckle:

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
The on-line scene for SSF IV is EXTREMELY competitive; so much so that some people will do almost anything to win. It can be very exhilarating but it can also drain away much of the fun if you face someone who only picks Ryu or Ken and dragon punches or fireballs the whole match. :ohwell:

Sometimes you’ll come across a player who uses one of the more obscure characters and shows off his complete mastery of that characters’ move-set. That’s when SSF IV is really at its best. :bee:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The on-line scene for SSF IV is EXTREMELY competitive; so much so that some people will do almost anything to win. It can be very exhilarating but it can also drain away much of the fun if you face someone who only picks Ryu or Ken and dragon punches or fireballs the whole match. :ohwell:

Sometimes you’ll come across a player who uses one of the more obscure characters and shows off his complete mastery of that characters’ move-set. That’s when SSF IV is really at its best. :bee:
Unless I'm misinterpreting your post, there's nothing too difficult about fireballs and DPs. You can bait DPs and Fireballs can be FA'd.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
So, who would be making the game?
the Capcom VS team is busy on MvC, and the Tekken team is busy working on the next Tekken. So, who the hell would make this?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Rare? Then again, they might as well make a new Killer Instinct.

I think I'm going to switch from Ibuki to Chun-Li.

Top Bottom