• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Minato

穏やかじゃない
On another note, Guile is giving my El Fuerte and Ibuki nightmares. I have difficulty getting in without getting flash kicked. I guess I need to put in EX Dash and EX Neckbreaker more in this matchup.
You shouldn't be getting flash kicked. It's not a great anti-air compared to his cr. Fierce, IMO. As Ibuki, slowly get in by sliding under his sonic booms. Don't go for EX neck breaker since those won't work because of Guile's fast recovery on his projectiles if you're too far away. Once you get in close enough, go for a cross-up or try to set up a vortex. Guile has no free and easy way to get out of cross-ups and rush down so he's pretty much forced to block similar to how Ibuki is on wake up.

LK to MK target combo in the air is a good cross up (except you have to hold back instead of forward on cross-ups). Pressuring Guile with jabs into neck breaker if the jabs hit or tick throw is good so you can get that good rush down going.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm hoping to be available today. No promises though as I have to keep fort at home for the next couple of days as my parents are celebrating their 25th anniversary in Vegas.

On another note:
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/may/28/using-metronome-improve-your-link-combo-timing/

A metronome really does help with linking. Now I just need to find something that'll do the same for RSF.

Capcom hasn't officially announced a Smash Bros. vs. Capcom game (look at MvC3 though), and the EventScrubs are completely against it.

And Fighting Game Fans in Summary

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Street Fighter - Ok, I guess
BlazBlue - lmao, nice
Vs. Fans - Spot on, but I don't think anyone's going to be insulted by a compliment like this
Virtua Fighter - I take offense to that :(
KoF - Needs more Latino
Melty Blood - I honestly don't give a ****
Tekken Fans - Clowns?
Arcana Heart - We all are pedos, yes.
Smash Bros. - There was a time when I would not have agreed to this.

Where are SoulCalibur (western culture geeks), Guilty Gear (uber-weaboo), and Mortal Kombat (frat boys)?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Street Fighter - Ok, I guess
BlazBlue - lmao, nice
Vs. Fans - Spot on, but I don't think anyone's going to be insulted by a compliment like this
Virtua Fighter - I take offense to that :(
KoF - Needs more Latino
Melty Blood - I honestly don't give a ****
Tekken Fans - Clowns?
Arcana Heart - We all are pedos, yes.
Smash Bros. - There was a time when I would not have agreed to this.

Where are SoulCalibur (western culture geeks), Guilty Gear (uber-weaboo), and Mortal Kombat (frat boys)?
Tekken fans are jugglers.
AH fans are lonely or perhaps just otakus.

BlazBlue are pimps. They're looking for money so they ditched Guilty Gear. :laugh:

I play all of those games on the list besides VF, KoF, Tekken, and AH.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm wondering if I should post this in another thread. Then we'd have Smash fanboys defending their game coupled with ignorance.

I think the BlazBlue one is implying that those fans are ***s as that picture is a parody of a one shot yaoi manga called Kusomiso Technique.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I'm wondering if I should post this in another thread. Then we'd have Smash fanboys defending their game coupled with ignorance.

I think the BlazBlue one is implying that those fans are ***s as that picture is a parody of a one shot yaoi manga called Kusomiso Technique.
I think it's relating to Yaranaika because of the meme status, and yes, at Fanime this year someone was playing BlazBlue dressed like that, it was hilarious.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I know what it is considering that I see videos from Nico Nico Douga all the time. The "Yaranaika?" line is from Kusomiso Technique.

Shoebox?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't play this game much anymore, but I've been putting Guile ahead of Ibuki when I'm doing online for fun. Less stressful that way and it's easier for me to read my opponents. My skill with this game has been getting worse and worse ever since I really stopped playing. :ohwell:

Or maybe it's because the last few times I played, I had just woken up 5 mins before playing a match. :laugh:

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I thought it was implying that BlazBlue fans totally ****.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I hate it when I'm doing really well online and beating people who know how to play the game really well already, and then meeting someone that completely reads you and locks down your options. There's this huge skill gap and it's hard to overcome. :(

Oh, and I faced someone that used Turbo in a match. I lost 2 rounds since I wasn't aware he had turbo until later since he kept mashing SRKs out of tough situations where he clearly should have been punished. Luckily it was best out of 5 so I ended up winning the match in the end. I messaged him asking why use turbo. He never responded back. :laugh:

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I'm hoping to be available today. No promises though as I have to keep fort at home for the next couple of days as my parents are celebrating their 25th anniversary in Vegas.

On another note:
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/may/28/using-metronome-improve-your-link-combo-timing/

A metronome really does help with linking. Now I just need to find something that'll do the same for RSF.

Capcom hasn't officially announced a Smash Bros. vs. Capcom game (look at MvC3 though), and the EventScrubs are completely against it.

And Fighting Game Fans in Summary
I will be so happy if capcom makes a smash bros like game. It would be sooooo good. Where did you get that info from anyways?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
All three are from Eventhubs. However, the Smash vs. Capcom thing was originally from Capcom Unity.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I dunno >.> why dont we just have a Nintendo Vs. Capcom Game then.

XD Donkey Kong vs Zangeif
I think that's what they were referring to when they asked about Smash Bros. vs. Capcom.

Fox vs. Guile please.

xxFrohawkxx

Smash Apprentice
Adon sucks, he has no combos - Justin Wong

It surprises me how people can instantly judge a character because they have little to no skill using them.

and ggs from the matches Mantis.

Edit: I have beaten almost every El Fraute trails yet I have no clue how to play with him.
Like in trials it doesn't show you ingame situations like what if a kid is spamming Hadokens or what about flow chart Kens. It's like I got the moves, but I don't have the skills! Please someone teach me how to play El Fraute...Or atleast give me links to tutorials.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Has Diago ever used a grappler?
I mean, watch Wong use Hakan, he doesn't even try to use his grabs in the battle. I doubt he knows all the crazy **** people has found with hakan yet as well. At this point, listenining to anyone's opinion on Hakan is a little silly because he has such a high mountain to climb before we know where he really stands. There's not really a charecters out there like him. He can get near guaranteed throws on wakeup, similar to what cammy can do with her air command grab.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Edit: I have beaten almost every El Fraute trails yet I have no clue how to play with him.
Like in trials it doesn't show you ingame situations like what if a kid is spamming Hadokens or what about flow chart Kens. It's like I got the moves, but I don't have the skills! Please someone teach me how to play El Fraute...Or atleast give me links to tutorials.
Well you can start by spelling Fuerte right lol.

I don't main El Fuerte but what I do for general practice is to go into training mode against a character and have them do the move I want to work on against (for example, Sagat spamming Tiger Shots, Ken doing jf.HK->Shoryuken, etc.). Once you set them to that, work on what tools your character has to get past those obstacles (for example, Fuerte's EX run goes through fireballs, Guacamole beats Ken's jumping hard kick, etc.). You can also test out stuff about your character's moves that you're not sure about. For example, I main Rufus and earlier tonight I was testing out his Ultra 2 and what fireballs he can punish with it (Sagat and slower I think) and also if you can combo into it (LOL no).

For Fuerte specific strategies I'll let Kuma take over explaining it. He'd know more than I do.

Also, does anyone who saw the NorCal regionals stream tonight know where Justin Wong got his awesome Rufus shirt?

Top Bottom