• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Guile sucks? ;_; B-but he has the first SFIV combo video.

Also, I hear alot about Gouken being really good, yet vids never do him justice...:/

Besides the throw into Super/Ultra of course.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I was very, very disappointed by this game. It was like going from melee to brawl (going from alpha 3 to this)

smashbot226

Smash Master
I was very, very disappointed by this game. It was like going from melee to brawl (going from alpha 3 to this)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

tl;dr version:

You, sir, are incredibly dim for comparing two VERY different fighting series.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Alpha 3 had too many broken combos with V-ism. I didn't like it at all.

Alpha 2 was waaaaay better than Alpha 3.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
So I just got the collectors edition, and I decided not to get any controller with it cause I had the stick that was available for DOA4 already, so I figured I would just use that. Then I got home and played about 2 games before I remembered how terrible that stick was. So now I have to get one of those price-jacked controllers off ebay just to be able to play the game, cause God knows you can't do jack with the standard 360 controller. Seriously I can't even walk in a straight line with that D-pad.

On a lighter note, I love Cammy.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm really digging Sagat, Rufus, and El Fuerte. Haven't even unlocked the rest of the cast yet.

But maaaaaaaaan. Sagat is just beaaaaaaaaast. He's like the Sheik of this game. I swear.

I'm also having very little difficulty playing this game on a Dualshock pad. It's super easy. Now I just need to figure out the specifics (EX Focus Attacks, Super Cancels, EX Super Cancels, etc).

Smooth Criminal

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Yeah, I have HD Remix on PS3 and find the controls work really well. The only reason I got this for 360 was because of me already having the stick, which as I said is terrible. The PS3 controls are just infinitely better.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
Balrog broke the damage limit. He's so beautiful, I could just wheep. I also like how Seth loves to serve up the cheese with a passion. I only need to unlock Gouki, Gouken, and Seth now. I still say Gouken's unlock method is as hacked as he is and I refuse to ever play Rufus.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
He turned down the offer to be in third strike because of parrying :laugh:

How the hell do you unlock people >.> me and my brother have only unlocked Sakura so far.
Here's a link to how you unlock characters.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/code/943712.html

I just played the game on Easiest difficulty one best of 1 round. It shouldn't take that long if you do that.

My best character's Crimson Viper now. Just got 800 battle points yesterday with her alone. I had to face so many Ryu's, Ken's, and some Sagat's on the side. I really improved using her.

Can't wait to face you again Dreadz.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Yay I played another player that is competetive today. It was too fun.

He had Sagat I had Zangief, it was 1-1 and we I had 1 hit left he had about 35%. I went into my Ultra animation only to get an uppercut to the face. The whole room was like "OHHHHHHHH" It was too pro.

I'm gonna like this game :)

And thanks a bunch Minato you never let me down ;)

Top Bottom