• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Does anyone else think Seth is, like, ridiculously broken? I'm having trouble beating him on the lowest difficulty. :(

Also, I just beat it. If you're having trouble, use Sagat! That still doesn't help for unlockables, though.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Does anyone else think Seth is, like, ridiculously broken? I'm having trouble beating him on the lowest difficulty. :(

Also, I just beat it. If you're having trouble, use Sagat! That still doesn't help for unlockables, though.
broken seth + broken ai = broken controller
i wanted to smash my controller today using sakura to beat seth.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I just got the game. It's awesome. But I have aquestions that I need answered cause I suck at fighting games.

How can you remember the button inputs for any of the moves? I constantly need to check the instruction booklet or the pause and look at the list of the moves on the menu to see which moves to use.

Thanks in advance.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
>_> Commit them to muscle memory. Practice the commands over and over again until they become second nature.

Then learn to apply them.

Smooth Criminal

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
broken seth + broken ai = broken controller
i wanted to smash my controller today using sakura to beat seth.
wow u serious?

i beat seth using sakura [dont kno **** about her]
and completely wrecked him. never lost once.

with viper is a different story tho lol

SUM 1 GET AT MY VEGA AND MY BRAND NEW GEN [learning him]

XBL :Rudebwoy64

Mith_

Smash Champion
Go to training mode.
Shoot 100 Fireballs (Hadoken) with Ryu.
Gratz, your muscles now know how to to the Quarter Circle Forward motion :)
Doing that you should also know how to do the Quarter Circle Back motion.

Now go do 50 Dragon Punches (Shoryuken), just hit forward then do the QCF motion.

Then learn to apply them like Smooth said and you'll be straight.

@dreadz: yea man that mofo was cheatin lol had it on medium but still no johns i suppose lol.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
Go to training mode.

Now go do 50 Dragon Punches (Shoryuken), just hit forward then do the QCF motion.

@dreadz: yea man that mofo was cheatin lol had it on medium but still no johns i suppose lol.
lol johns dont apply to SF IV

dis is a mans game :]

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
I love how easy Seth is once you get his rythem down. His shoryuken is still the most devistating thing to ever have graced the earth. I'm working on finishing the arcade with the remaining characters now.

XBL: Insanetyphoon
I'm usually online all night long so if anyone wants to play me just let me know.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Minato do you have XBL or PSN? Dreadz I will try to convince my brother to hook up the Xbox to the net so I could play against you, maybe you could show me a thing or two.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Well, I was going to get the Collector's Edition, for the sole reason of getting the soundtrack, but now I hear my favorite character themes (Honda, Vega (American), Balrog (American), Dhalsim, Fei Long) aren't even in it. The only reasons I'd get the soundtrack now are the two songs I like that are left, the great versions of Chun Li and Sagat's themes, but really, hoping for so many songs was the only reason I overlooked the fact that I was never going to use the Strategy Guide, and didn't really want a figurine; paying over 20$ for only two songs isn't really something I want to do.

XACE-K

Smash Master
>_> Commit them to muscle memory. Practice the commands over and over again until they become second nature.

Then learn to apply them.

Smooth Criminal
Go to training mode.

Thanks but I have 2 more problems.
Yes, I'm a n00b at fighting games besides Smash even though it isn't a true fighting game.

1. I have SFIV for the PS3 and I'm using the regular controller. Would using an arcade controller be better or no?

2. When I input a combo there's different ways that I get for making it work. Take Hadoken for example. When I sometimes when I press > and punch at the same time (after doing the steps before that with the d-pad), it works and sometimes I use the control stick to do the whole motion and punch and it also works. Which one should I use?

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
Thanks but I have 2 more problems.
Yes, I'm a n00b at fighting games besides Smash even though it isn't a true fighting game.

1. I have SFIV for the PS3 and I'm using the regular controller. Would using an arcade controller be better or no?

2. When I input a combo there's different ways that I get for making it work. Take Hadoken for example. When I sometimes when I press > and punch at the same time (after doing the steps before that with the d-pad), it works and sometimes I use the control stick to do the whole motion and punch and it also works. Which one should I use?
try using the joystick

~rh

Smash Lord
Who ever wants an *** whooping, leave me a visitor message and I'll be happy to hand one out to ya... =]

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
try using the joystick
This man has the right idea. Stick is probably going to be your preferred method of play as far as this and most other fighting games go.

However, if you're stubborn like me and insist on playing a pad then you have one helluva uphill battle ahead of you. Like Mithx and I have said: Practice, practice, practice. You'll get it eventually.

Smooth Criminal

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
STICK!! STICK!! I am addicted to my stick!! that came out weird, but still. Stick is how that game is programmed into my brain. I am totally lost on DPad. It's like learning spanish before going to brazil, only to find out everyone actually speaks portugese.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Whoa its not Mithx anymore! I don't see an x, do you ;)

Smooth do you use the special SF4 Gamepad? I dunno if it is any better than the 360 Dpad (worst dpad ever made).

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
These Trial mode things are ********. Why learn some frame perfect link combo, when I can do a more damaging and easier canceled combo?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Whoa its not Mithx anymore! I don't see an x, do you ;)

Smooth do you use the special SF4 Gamepad? I dunno if it is any better than the 360 Dpad (worst dpad ever made).
I couldn't tell you about the 360 Gamepad. I own the PS3 version. I'm willing to wager that it is better, considering that it's not just tacked on and is the bulk of the controller's design.

Smooth Criminal

The.End

Smash Cadet
I couldn't tell you about the 360 Gamepad. I own the PS3 version. I'm willing to wager that it is better, considering that it's not just tacked on and is the bulk of the controller's design.

Smooth Criminal
o.o Really now? I've played the 360 version, playing with that controller was so difficult for me, but maybe it was that i wasn't used to it. I haven't tried the PS3 one, which i plan on getting soon. Hopefully the controls will feel alot smoother =\

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Arcade stick is the way to go.
Hopefully I'll find the time to mod it.
Needs better artwork.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
Thanks. I'm still having problems with Viper VS Vega. Your Vega's too good. It makes me do stupid things with all your cross ups.
yea ive gotten used to fightin viper

now i have to get used to fightin balrog and bison.. they gave me quite a surprise

Top Bottom