• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

Huber

Smash Apprentice
So I noticed that Final Round (some SRK tournament) is banning Gouken and Seth. Anyone know why? I figure it's just a precautionary measure just in case they're broken but I'm not sure.
That's unfortunate because I don't think they are broken. Seth doesn't dish out a ton of damage but takes a ton of damage. He's pretty balanced IMO.

I thought Gouken was stupid and bannable because he could camp counter moves and fireballs too well seriously changing the game into "approach Gouken and get lucky" but then my buddies wisened up and started doing empty jumps into grabs.

Oh and El Fuerte ****s on Gouken.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
That's unfortunate because I don't think they are broken. Seth doesn't dish out a ton of damage but takes a ton of damage. He's pretty balanced IMO.

I thought Gouken was stupid and bannable because he could camp counter moves and fireballs too well seriously changing the game into "approach Gouken and get lucky" but then my buddies wisened up and started doing empty jumps into grabs.

Oh and El Fuerte ****s on Gouken.
nice insight on gouken solutions

u play 360?

KingK

Smash Apprentice
That's annoying about Gouken potentially being banned. I don't have any plans to go to any tournaments, but I'd rather not main a character that's considered bannable. Hopefully that changes.

Personally I was thinking of maining Gouken and either Dhalsim or M. Bison (Dictator).

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Blocking against cross ups are a pain with a pad. Your Fei and Gen are awesome. Didn't give me anytime to breathe.
lol, yeah I was abusing those crossups cause thats all I could hit you with lol your defense was too good ;p

Huber

Smash Apprentice
That's annoying about Gouken potentially being banned. I don't have any plans to go to any tournaments, but I'd rather not main a character that's considered bannable. Hopefully that changes.

Personally I was thinking of maining Gouken and either Dhalsim or M. Bison (Dictator).
Nice taste in mains. Love those guys.

aw man
wanted to play u since u seem like u kno da game a lil
I've been playing the game in arcades ever since it's been here in SoCal. Couldn't stop playing it was so addictive!

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
ggs dreadz. All you guys have really good defense, which is awesome. Get to work on my offense a lot haha

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
Hey dreadz, send a message and game invite to FX4 Red Dragon. He's a buddy of mine with a mean Chun Li. Tell him typhoon sent you and he should hop in right away. He's online right now if you want a go but he'll also be on all night long.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
I put the gamertag there. His is FX4 Red Dragon
Spaces before and after Red. My gamertag is Insanetyphoon as one word. I'll be on later on. I'm about to go eat right now. But you'll usually see me on all night long if you end up adding me.

DavieBoy

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I recently got SFIV for my 360 and have to say I am very impressed so far I have a feeling this game will be big in my schools upcoming LAN parties, and on days our teacher brings it in (Game Design School ftw). I did have one question though, Is playing against the CPU a good way to practice (unlike Melee)

My Xbox Live tag is Crystalis531 feel free to send a friend invite.

- David

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
I think playing against the cpu will help you learn alot of the movements and basic knowledge you'll need (like avoiding anti-air and counter moves and helping you get the hang of EX moves/Focus/EX cancel) But I don't think it's as good as an actual player match.

The Trial modes for each character will give you great insight on how to use them to thier fullest though. Playing online is still the best way to train in my opinion.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
ggs typhoon, sorry I had to go so early. gotta catch my show lol :) I'm down for more afterword if you are. Your gief is tooo good

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
Thanks. Your Fei Long made me sweat too much. You got me on that last round though. I was also caught off gaurd by someone who actually knew what they were doing with Gen. I'll be on, so just let me know when you wanna go again.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Training mode to memorize and discover combos and what not.
Online for real training.
I guess fighting the CPU would work for learning when to anti air.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
They should ban Vega from all versions of every Street Fighter game. Whos with me?

They should also turn everyone into 360 grapplers. I'm off to feed myself again. I'll be online in around a half hour if anyone will be on wanting a couple of games. I need to get some practice in.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
my instincts tell me this is 29348x better than smash... gonna try and get this this weekend.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
I fought my friend's Vega and worked him good. His Vega then proved utter crap when I played yours. Maybe we can just ban good Vega players instead.

Top Bottom