• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

smashbot226

Smash Master
I have the opposite effect. I just can't lose with him. I think it's the triple kick, it's still one of the most useful attacks in the game, if you can pull it off.

Anyway, how do you exactly unlock Akuma (I already know how to unlock Gouken). Is it two perfects and two ultras, two perfect and no ultras, or something else entirely? There are so many completely different explanations (GameFAQs, for instance, is completely wrong).
Two and two. With Sagat, it's very easy. And I don't even MAIN him. Maybe I should.

So, discussion:

WHO DO YOU THINK IS THE WORST CHARACTER?

IMO, it's still El Fuerte- weak, low defense, bad specials, and little range.

He's like a poor man's Rufus.

Grunt

Smash Master
Vega or fuerte. Vega got really slow for some reason, and fuerte just isn't good.
It's kind of funny, because it ISN'T Dan.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Fuerte, definitely. Fuerte has some mediocre mixups and that's about it. Everything else about him is...well, not that great.

And I think I found (count 'em) three characters that I will be probably hitting tourneys up with. Sakura, Dan, and Blanka. Team Saikyo. lolgoooooooooo

In all seriousness though, I was doing some really cool **** with those three and I feel really confident while playing them. Can't wait to play online. ****'s gonna be funnnn.

Smooth Criminal

smashbot226

Smash Master
Vega or fuerte. Vega got really slow for some reason
Really? I think he's just as fast-

Okay, he's a LITTLE slower. I don't care, he still beats the majority of the cast.

And Rufus I've now officially renamed Rufus's Super Combo "Truffle Shuffle."

I refuse to change his Ultra Combo name.

"Space Opera Symphony."

I CAME

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Really? I think he's just as fast-

Okay, he's a LITTLE slower. I don't care, he still beats the majority of the cast.

And Rufus I've now officially renamed Rufus's Super Combo "Truffle Shuffle."

I refuse to change his Ultra Combo name.

"Space Opera Symphony."

I CAME
That was one of the most amazing posts in this thread. Goonies reference ftw.

Oh, and I dub Rufus's rushdown game as the RoF---Rushdown of Fatness.

Smooth Criminal

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
The matchups in SF4 are so close tiers hardly even matter. Most matchups in this game are 6/4 at worst with very few 7/3. Even crap characters can compete. I think on the list I saw at SRK Vega/Guile where the two bottom characters, but there isn't a list yet that includes console only characters.

As far as Cammy goes, they completely changed her. She can't rushdown anymore because her Cannon Spike isn't safe on block anymore, and her Hooligan can't grab crouching opponents which makes it hard to fight turtles. She has to play reactive and use a lot of EX moves.

EX Spiral Arrow through fireballs is one of the best fireball answers in the game, her Dive Kick can be done right off the ground and comboed off of, and she has some good mixup options. The lack of a good cross-up is annoying though. Her jumping low kick only works sometimes, and the dive kick while better, is still predictable and easily punished.

I still love her though.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Dreadz's Vega rocks.
His stupid EXs get me everytime.

Hey Dreadz, is there any point in taking off Vega's mask and claw besides an awesome version of taunting?

'Fro

Smash Lord
Cammy's definitely better than she was in ST. She feels like she can at least hold her own now rather than have to fight uphill all the time.

I'm glad Ryu's back to being good again, seeing how tough it was to main him in 3rd Strike.

Also, as for match-ups, I looked at the current tier lists. Ryu's match-up list, despite his rank of 2nd, was interesting: All of his match-ups were either 5-5 or 6-4. He had no losing match-ups, though Sagat, 'Gief, and Boxer would be my closest bets.

rockman2k1

Smash Journeyman
play my vega and see if hes the worst.
Maybe not the worst since console came out, but he's darn close. No damage, virtually worthless super, needs EX's for damage that can really only be taken advantage of through punishment, slow walk speed, *NO* reliable anti air, the list never stops for him.

I miss his ST/CVS2 style when he had it all. :(

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
Dreadz's Vega rocks.

Hey Dreadz, is there any point in taking off Vega's mask and claw besides an awesome version of taunting?
yea we need to play again. when his mask is off he does more damage aswell as take more damage
Maybe not the worst since console came out, but he's darn close. No damage, virtually worthless super, needs EX's for damage that can really only be taken advantage of through punishment, slow walk speed, *NO* reliable anti air, the list never stops for him.

I miss his ST/CVS2 style when he had it all. :(
his super isnt worthless imo. once u put pressure on ppl panic and get caught by the super
his ultra ***** fireball spam and is a good anti air
his airthrow is fukkin good as an anti air aswell [ ive grabbed tiger knees uppercuts and flying tatsu's]
hes not as weak as u think. his normals deal decent damage and are fast.
a dam good set of ex moves aswell [ which ur right are needed to deal *good* damage]
he is a reaction damage dealing char. tru
walking speed isnt a problem to me.
soo basically yea i miss the other vega versions but i love this one aswell..
jus gotta play him *differently* to profit!

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Are all airthrows the same in this game. I know Cammy's throw does some crazy stuff, like throwing Blanka out of his ball, and Honda out of his flying headbutt.

Mith_

Smash Champion
whoa how the hell do you do that? that must take some serious reaction time.
gief needs an air throw. wtb aerial russian slam lol.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
The thing I notice about El Fuerte, is that, if you're good with him, once you get someone once you can go all out and do a fair bit before you're stopped, especially if you effectively mix up his attacks. The problem is that it's hard to be good with him, and, plus, his Ultra is really, really bad.

Started seriously playing online yesterday, and, so far, it's pretty good. When you disregard the few who hide behind the strengths of characters like Zangief, Akuma, and Gouken, without actually knowing how to play, you have a pretty good array of great players. I feel like I'm constantly playing good, challenging matches... which is nice, since I assumed I'd have to constantly deal with morons.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
The thing I notice about El Fuerte, is that, if you're good with him, once you get someone once you can go all out and do a fair bit before you're stopped, especially if you effectively mix up his attacks. The problem is that it's hard to be good with him, and, plus, his Ultra is really, really bad.

Started seriously playing online yesterday, and, so far, it's pretty good. When you disregard the few who hide behind the strengths of characters like Zangief, Akuma, and Gouken, without actually knowing how to play, you have a pretty good array of great players. I feel like I'm constantly playing good, challenging matches... which is nice, since I assumed I'd have to constantly deal with morons.
wasnt always dat good
used to be 75% ken scrubs 24% ryu scrubs 1% other
1%other being good players

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
Dreadz's Vega rocks.

if vega loses his mask he takes more damage and if he loses his claw his range is gone :x

so basically if you taunt your saying you dont need that stuff to win:chuckle:

smashbot226

Smash Master
wasnt always dat good
used to be 75% ken scrubs 24% ryu scrubs 1% other
1%other being good players
Ha ha ha, true.

First few days of online play, all I heard was HADOKEN. HADOKEN. HADOKEN.

There were a couple of SHOOORYUKENs mixed in, with one or two TATSUMAKI SEPNUKYAKUs a round.

But I found my first Boxer today! So happy! We had a good match, my Gief versus his Boxer- it was good.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Two and two. With Sagat, it's very easy. And I don't even MAIN him. Maybe I should.

So, discussion:

WHO DO YOU THINK IS THE WORST CHARACTER?

IMO, it's still El Fuerte- weak, low defense, bad specials, and little range.

He's like a poor man's Rufus.
El fuerte's the worst? ****, he has the best backstory. A chef/luchador is just too good. I'm looking to get a 360 just so I can play the guy and now I hear he's the worst :ohwell:

Puddin

Smash Lord
so is there some kind of tier list yet
This is a close as you are going to get to a tier list as of now, seeing as it was released a week ago...

http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/oct/17/street-fighter-4-tiers-character-rankings/

It's based off of the amount of times character X wins against character Y in 10 different matches, against two players of an equal skill level then adds up the amount of times each character beats another to get their total amount of wins and makes that a tier list. It's kind of shaky right now, seeing as it was released a week ago, and there is a tier list for Japan and America, each is different, so that makes it just that much more unreliable.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Every character's good enough to be viable in tourneys in my eyes.
Basically, I think the matchup chart's more helpful than a tier list.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
The game is balanced. A Vega and a Dhalsim got into the top 8 at the SFIV Nationals. They're both Bottom and low tier respectively.

Dhalsim won the whole **** thing. Against Sagat.

This game is balanced. Play who you want... play smart and you'll win. Welcome to street fighter =)

Panix

Smash Ace
Anyone want to play against a upcomming akuma hit me up.

TheOneX27

Also, one more question...Where's Gokuen on that list?

Puddin

Smash Lord
Anyone want to play against a upcomming akuma hit me up.

TheOneX27

Also, one more question...Where's Gokuen on that list?
He isn't playable in the arcade version, which is what that list is based off.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Ha ha ha, true.

First few days of online play, all I heard was HADOKEN. HADOKEN. HADOKEN.

There were a couple of SHOOORYUKENs mixed in, with one or two TATSUMAKI SEPNUKYAKUs a round.

But I found my first Boxer today! So happy! We had a good match, my Gief versus his Boxer- it was good.
I meet a lot of people who choose Akuma and Gouken (and, to a lesser extent, Zangief and Ryu) while having absolutely no idea how to use them. Which sucks, because I always feel that a good Gouken player would be a nice challenge, as apposed to being a huge punching bag.

Akuma in particular can be surprisingly deadly even if you have only a vague idea of how to play him, but players like that's moves are still transparent, and I've taken to using Dan in those matches, just to show I don't really take those players seriously.

My battle points are kind of slow growing, since I make a point of always fighting people who are ranked much higher than me, just so that I can be assured a challenge. Of course, that means I lose about as much as I win.

Mith_

Smash Champion
I hope I'm not a Gief scrub -.- what do these Gief scrubs do that you see online so much CodeBlack?

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Probably not Lariat and not SPD.
I can't get over how good Gief is in this game. It's not right.

Top Bottom