• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
grrr i hate to introduce people into this website but if you respect the way they post then i see no problems alot of them are elitists ..

Shoryuken.com

Puddin

Smash Lord
2 perfects
3 ultras
0 continues
for gouken
I did it with a single Perfect in the first match, 3 Ultra FINISHES in the next three and fought Gouken with Ryu. You have to beat Arcade with Akuma one time, then again with any other character and with the specifications (Match 1 Perfect, Matches 2-4 Ultra Finish, normal finishes for the rest) to fight Gouken at the end.

Gates

Banned via Warnings

Saw this, thought it was funny. It's obviously not an accurate description of how most good Kens play though lol.

Icy-Flood

Smash Cadet
Im going to **** every tournament with Mr. Cokcy/Arrogant/B.S. Talking/Joke Of a Character?Best
Dan Hibiki :)))) and theres nothing yall can do about that!!!! Hahaha
okay maybe theres something you can do about that cause Dan's weak but I plan
to put up a fight every round with him!!!! I PROMISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace

Saw this, thought it was funny. It's obviously not an accurate description of how most good Kens play though lol.
its tru thats the way scrub kens play lol

Im going to **** every tournament with Mr. Cokcy/Arrogant/B.S. Talking/Joke Of a Character?Best
Dan Hibiki :)))) and theres nothing yall can do about that!!!! Hahaha
okay maybe theres something you can do about that cause Dan's weak but I plan
to put up a fight every round with him!!!! I PROMISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i main vega

hes weaker

you wont beat me

:)

nah fa real u wont.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
I main Ken nao too. I say nobody can say they main Geif unless they have the Red Cyclone title. So, I MAIN GEIF! Now quit C*$% ride-in'. Nuttin' but abunch a' scrubs claimin' to play the Geif.

I'll be on tonight if anyone wants some games in.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
That diagram's too good.
See guys, anyone having problems with scrubby Kens should study that chart. Seriously, do it.

Dreadz, I think I'd do better against your Vega with Viper if I actually knew how too block his EXs.
Crazy cross ups.

Let's play against sometime, though.
I've been busy with Star Ocean and midterms.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
This is why they seem elitist.
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=177860

Summed it up perfectly.

I'm glad I'm not a part of the problem :p I only lurk there.
Heh, reminds me of here. A lot. And, the same as a lot of people here, while this guy has a very good point as to why, his attitude of "I came here to talk to people who know what they're talking about, and don't want to have to deal with people who don't" isn't exactly productive either (though he's a smart guy: his attitude noticeably isn't "I came here to talk to people who know what they're talking about, and don't want to have to deal with people who disagree with my mindset.")

The best way to teach people not to be obnoxious is to teach them not to be obnoxious, not to ironically obnoxiously dismiss them and give eloquent explanations when you get called out on it.

But that's a minor rant... disregard it if you want to.

Anyway, good matches are hard to come by, but they're sweet when you finally get one. I notice the best players fight with the characters less travelled by. Maybe some of them are like me. I main Sagat, but rarely use him (because people automatically assume about Sagat players) unless the other player is also using Sagat, so I can see whether they actually know what they're doing, and teach them if they don't.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman

bob-charley

Smash Apprentice
So, am I the only one here who's maining Gen? It's tough going, I'm finding. Seems like almost everything in Crane stance has been slowed to the point of uselessness with the possible exception of his air fierce kicks and the Wall Jump (and even that only works when they don't see it coming). For goodness sake, you can land his standing fierce kick with two solid, meaty hits, and your opponent will still get a free hit or throw in. That, and it's a bit discouraging to land Gen's Mantis Super, segue right into his Ultra and only deal a little more than half a lifebar worth of damage, while taking about 3/4ths worth from a single Shoto combo.
Maybe I'm just not terribly experienced with Gen (admittedly, he was only an occasional backup for me in Alpha), but right now, it seems like the only real edge I have is that Gen is played uncommonly enough to make his style(s) difficult to recognize and counter in the space of two rounds. Any thoughts on this?

Also, I'm in love with those FightPads. Simply gorgeous. Been waiting for a d-pad like that since the day I got a 360 (yeah, I'm still primarily a pad user, I know).

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Gen seems to have massive recovery lag with alot of his attacks. I wanted to use him but that fact really turned me away from him. His cross up is amazing and his Crane Ultra can be really effective if you can set up for it fast enough without your opponent noticing your stance shifting. A cautious or over confident opponent can muscle through alot of his attacks however, especially if you try using one with those long recovery times. Hitting those hard trials with him should help with showing you what can be linked quickly and with no interuptions, but as for using him effectivly with minimal backlash, that's up to making your own way of playing around others styles.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
So, am I the only one here who's maining Gen? It's tough going, I'm finding. Seems like almost everything in Crane stance has been slowed to the point of uselessness with the possible exception of his air fierce kicks and the Wall Jump (and even that only works when they don't see it coming). For goodness sake, you can land his standing fierce kick with two solid, meaty hits, and your opponent will still get a free hit or throw in. That, and it's a bit discouraging to land Gen's Mantis Super, segue right into his Ultra and only deal a little more than half a lifebar worth of damage, while taking about 3/4ths worth from a single Shoto combo.
Maybe I'm just not terribly experienced with Gen (admittedly, he was only an occasional backup for me in Alpha), but right now, it seems like the only real edge I have is that Gen is played uncommonly enough to make his style(s) difficult to recognize and counter in the space of two rounds. Any thoughts on this?

Also, I'm in love with those FightPads. Simply gorgeous. Been waiting for a d-pad like that since the day I got a 360 (yeah, I'm still primarily a pad user, I know).
i planned on sec. gen but too busy with my main, vega.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Just out of curiosity not that it is a matter of importance to me but what do you guys think are the best ultra's in the game, why not generate some singular discussion yaz heard.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Just out of curiosity not that it is a matter of importance to me but what do you guys think are the best ultra's in the game, why not generate some singular discussion yaz heard.
What's best probably depends on the situation (If your opponent is a jumping fool, for exapmle, Gen's would be one of the best), your strategy, and what you think makes something better. Nearly all of the ones with a large amount of damage (Akuma, Balrog, Bison) are easy to dodge or block.

My personal favorite is Fei Long's, because it is great move to counterattack or catch someone in the middle of attacking, and it's a lightning quick turnaround if you know when to use it.

Sagat's is also very a favorite of mine,because it's one of the few ones that completely captures even if the opponent is in the air.

The most damage is the Shun Goku Satsu, but it's not as effective in this game as it was: It's just as easy to dodge are longer range, plus it's faster, which means that, if the opponent slips up and jumps backwards, you'll pass under them instead of catching them when they land, and no longer ghosts. In addition, if you chain it from a heavy hit or do it point blank, you'll actually push the opponent back somewhat instead of catching them, allowing them to dodge even if you're right there.

Bison's is a good sudden strike, with an great amount of damage (plus it looks cool), but, of course, it's a charge move so it's at least partially predictable.

My favorite ones in terms of how cool they look are Fei Long's, Akuma's, Ken's, and Bison's. I like Sakura's and Dan's as well, but they're kind of hard to hit with (Sakura's more than Dan's), but, of course, not so hard to hit with as El Fuerte's, which is a shame, since that is one of the best in terms of appearance and damage.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
I like Rufus's Ultra just because it's linkable with so many of his moves. You can set it up at nearly any point in the game and it also has a very fast recovery rate if you miss with it. Very rarely have I been punished when I f' his up, wish I could say the same for others Ultras.

Gen's is cool due to the fact that if your target is in the air, its goodbye time. Sagat's is the unfair tornado of never miss-topia. You can close your eyes and use your face to do his Ultra and you'll still land it. As far as 'coolest' in my book is easily Gouken's just because no matter how many times I see it, I always always ALWAYS say "OH MY GAWD" whenever it lands with those three bone crushing strikes. He can also link it into his throw which I say is unfair, but eh.

Dan is pure win thanks to the thumbs up teeth shine at the end of his. Seth's is pure garbage and serves no purpose whatsoever aside from pushing your opponent away. His shoryuken deals twice as much damage and looks hundreds of times better.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Sagat's can combo from any of his normals except s.Fierce, somebody told me. So that one gets my vote.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
What? Seriously?!? How is Ryu even thought of when it comes to Ultras? I always thought his to be a complete waste of time and effort. Also it looks like they put the least amount of work into making it to. It's a slightly bigger Hadoken...wow. ..well I suppose it would help if anyone who I fought against playing Ryu would know when to use it. I've honestly never seen anyone land that stupid thing ever when using it.
Sagat's....I still frown upon it just because it's Sagat's. Why cheapen him further by giving him such a hack Ultra. He just swims across the entire screen at blinding speeds and swallows you up into it. You don't even have to try to play to win as him. Get injured enough for it and let 'er rip along with a Tiger Knee here and there and maybe a Tiger Uppercut, game. ...not a Sagat fan. I like putting work into my matches.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
What? Seriously?!? How is Ryu even thought of when it comes to Ultras? I always thought his to be a complete waste of time and effort. Also it looks like they put the least amount of work into making it to. It's a slightly bigger Hadoken...wow. ..well I suppose it would help if anyone who I fought against playing Ryu would know when to use it. I've honestly never seen anyone land that stupid thing ever when using it.
Sagat's....I still frown upon it just because it's Sagat's. Why cheapen him further by giving him such a hack Ultra. He just swims across the entire screen at blinding speeds and swallows you up into it. You don't even have to try to play to win as him. Get injured enough for it and let 'er rip along with a Tiger Knee here and there and maybe a Tiger Uppercut, game. ...not a Sagat fan. I like putting work into my matches.
ryu and sagat can both FADC into their ultra's. making theirs the best. not going off looks.

Top Bottom